• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Those two are on my backlog too, I'm really looking forward to them but its going to be a long and treacherous journey getting there. I think once I get through Treasure Island (hopefully over this weekend) I'm going to watch either Giant Gorg which looks fun...or maybe I'll watch House of Five Leaves which looks phenomenal...*argh*

I have a few longer shows to watch too that I'm incredibly excited to watch like Kemono no Souja Erin and Ashita no Joe, no doubt I'm excited to finally watch them. It's going to be a long ride, but hopefully fun all the same and I'm excited to watch them :)

There's too much really. Maybe it's better to just abandon it all and dedicate one's life to monastic solitude.

g8TYc4w.gif

Okay, I thought they were getting added on but it was there originally. My bad!

Jarmel

Banned
To put it into perspective, the kids in Classroom Crisis have a roughly equivalent annual budget to all of Apple's net profit for a year. Obviously inflation will change the value of that number but the show still treats it as an insanely large number and there doesn't seem to be that much difference in inflation compared to now.

I would like more anime set in a college setting, just for diversity at this point.

I certainly welcome a wide array of subject matter, characters, and settings in anime. It's one of the reasons I'm really looking forward to Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, about an ex-con who goes into the trade of Japanese comic storytelling known as rakugo. At the same time, I'm reluctant to give a series points just for being different (see Lupin III: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine). Being different isn't worth very much if you're not also good.

Yeah, it's weird because with SyFy settings, there's no reason to make them teenagers. I'm not even sure how they're even supposed to be relatable to otaku because they are young. Maybe it's because they want young waifus?

Remember also that a large portion of the intended audience for a lot of anime is young - something like Sword Art Online is primarily aimed at teenagers.

I've never seen it, but are they in college as music majors? I just assumed they were musicians by trade.

Yes, the main characters are students in a music conservatory.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Remember also that a large portion of the intended audience for a lot of anime is young - something like Sword Art Online is primarily aimed at teenagers.

Outside of One Piece, I keep forgetting that people make cartoons for kids in Japan. lol

If something like E7:AO was meant for kids, then I feel sorry for Japan's youth.

Gbraga

I'm not that fond of the college thing, it ends up being exactly the same shit, the characters all look the same (you'll mostly be surprised when they say their age, since they look exactly as they would if it was high school), everyone is still a moron and they're insecure about shit no one past 13 should be anymore.

If we're going with older characters, might as well be just people who no longer go to school.

Hell, even then, they'd probably still want to hold hands with girls and blush when someone say "kiss".

And fuck Banri, GOD, what an annoying asshole. Nana is the only good character in Golden Time. There were a couple of really good episodes though, I even cried in one of them (24? I don't remember precisely which one right now), but yeah, they're all insufferable morons.

I guess my point is just that it's quite rare for me to watch something and think "if it was exactly the same, with their age being the only difference, it would be much, much better". Usually it's either good despite their age or bad no matter how old they are.

Yes, the amount of high school crap in every genre is weird, but if most of them are shit, it wouldn't change anything to have them being older.

Firemind

I'm not that fond of the college thing, it ends up being exactly the same shit, the characters all look the same (you'll mostly be surprised when they say their age, since they look exactly as they would if it was high school), everyone is still a moron and they're insecure about shit no one past 13 should be anymore.
4/10

Jarmel

Banned
If something like E7:AO was meant for kids, then I feel sorry for Japan's youth.

Speaking of Aikawa, does anyone know how much of Chaos Dragon is being written by him? He's one of two scriptwriters attached but considering the other is a newbie, I'm guessing he's doing most of the legwork.

My hateboner needs to be satisfied.

javac

There's too much really. Maybe it's better to just abandon it all and dedicate one's life to monastic solitude.

Indeed its never ending, I've just added more stuff to my ever growing backlog an hour ago (115 on my MAL planned to watch list as of now and that's not a complete list at all!), such is life I suppose. It doesn't help that I'm way too slow with this stuff too, I'm hoping to plough through as much as I can this year, I mean at least the stuff in my backlog is (hopefully) good stuff :) I just don't like watching things for the sake of it but at the same time once I decide that I'm watching something I stick with it, and so far the stuff has all been great so I don't mind sticking to them, but it can be all too enticing to just jump onto the next ship mid way so to speak, a grass is greener on the other side situation I guess.

Opening:Thought it was pretty bad in the beginning. Got slightly better as it went on.
Ending: Somewhere between dislike and indifferent.

So that was genuinely funny.

Don't think I laughed so hard at a show since Shimoneta from last week.

Might actually have made the right choice for holding off on reading the manga for so long.

Because it didn't feel rush to me at all.

Censorship is definitely the worst of the season though.

Which is a damn shame.

Also,

Voice of an angel

Cornbread78

Whenever I see you write SoL, in my head I read "shit outta luck". Which I am sure isn't what you mean LOL.

Barakamon 10

Why? :'( There are 3 episodes left. All will be well. There will be more Naru!

Lol, Slice Of Life brotha, lol.

Keep going!

Nodame Cantabile as well!

This is on my MAL list to watch soon.. I heard it's pretty good.

Someone mentioned Honey and Clover, but that one is so SLOW.. like molasses slow. I stopped at ep.9.

Firemind

Indeed its never ending, I've just added more stuff to my ever growing backlog an hour ago (115 on my MAL planned to watch list as of now and that's not a complete list at all!), such is life I suppose. It doesn't help that I'm way too slow with this stuff too, I'm hoping to plough through as much as I can this year, I mean at least the stuff in my backlog is (hopefully) good stuff :) I just don't like watching things for the sake of it but at the same time once I decide that I'm watching something I stick with it, and so far the stuff has all been great so I don't mind sticking to them, but it can be all too enticing to just jump onto the next ship mid way so to speak, a grass is greener on the other side situation I guess.
My solution is to ignore it. Looking at my planned to watch list since forever, there are a bunch of series on there that I will likely never watch. I have no idea why shows like Sekirei are on there. I must have been bored at the time. Time for a purging!

This is on my MAL list to watch soon.. I heard it's pretty good.

Someone mentioned Honey and Clover, but that one is so SLOW.. like molasses slow. I stopped at ep.9.
It's more like a shounen where stakes keep getting higher rather than a drama. I think you will like it.

javac

My solution is to ignore it. Looking at my planned to watch list since forever, there are a bunch of series on there that I will likely never watch. I have no idea why shows like Sekirei are on there. I must have been bored at the time. Time for a purging!

Yes I do like to do a little bit of spring cleaning every once in a while, I find that sometimes use my Planned to Watch List like a glorified bookmark aggregator, just adding things that I think look interesting and might look at down the line be it to watch or for the art/soundtrack but don't want to bookmark on my browser because thousands of bookmarks (fuck...) that it'll just get lost in. I'm happy to say that most of them I will watch down the line however...one day...maybe.

Getting a security warning from Google.
What is the current listing status for d.maxfile.ro?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 7 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 150 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 7 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2015-07-10, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2015-06-21.
Malicious software includes 65 trojan(s), 22 exploit(s).

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS13335 (CLOUDFLARENET).

[Urusei Yatsura] - 133

This one was awesome!
The last one was a two-parter, with this being the second part, and this episode was so good. Now that Mendou knows his omiai partner is a cute girl, Asuka has to escape from Ataru and Shutaro.
The reason why she can't met any man until she's 15 is idiotic, but the delivery is so funny.
In the second part of the episode Ryoko attacks with a giant army and later...
P0mRQBz.jpg

Ryoko is just awesome.
...with the Octopussy!
H9z0HBL.gif

That sakuga, that dogfight(9MB).
And in the end I was ready to rage and shout out "JAPAAAAAN", because
she had fallen in love with her "oniisama" because she’s was taught that “oniisama” are a special kind of man, but when she hears Ryoko calling Mendou "oniisama", she starts addressing Shuutaro as “oniisama”, all oniisama are the same to her. lol

Firemind

Yes I do like to do a little bit of spring cleaning every once in a while, I find that sometimes use my Planned to Watch List like a glorified bookmark aggregator, just adding things that I think look interesting and might look at down the line be it to watch or for the art/soundtrack but don't want to bookmark on my browser because thousands of bookmarks (fuck...) that it'll just get lost in. I'm happy to say that most of them I will watch down the line however...one day...maybe.
That's exactly what I use it for. It's a convenient way to keep track of obscure shows, which would otherwise be lost in time. I see I also have a lot of movies on there that wouldn't take too much time to go through. All the Kara no Kyoukai films and Evangelion insert number dot oh for example.

I'very been watching a lot of "chick flicks" lately, lol. Oh well, it can't be as chick centric as Itazura na Kiss was..
No doubt. Itazura na Kiss is your average cheesy romantic comedy.

If you're in the mood for shows aimed at young women, watch NANA.

Sterok

Nagato Yuki 14

I think everyone forgot this existed. Can't really blame them, but this has a couple more episodes. Back to the status quo, except Kyon now gets to act awkward all the time. And Haruhi has an uncanny memory to recognize who John Smith is after all these years.

Prison School 1

Y'all are throwing things way out of proportion with the pacing complaints. This felt completely fine. And it's not like there wasn't fat to trim with the first few chapters of the manga.

Anyway this was completely hilarious and have no worries that Mizushima will do this justice. Dude knows comedy.

barakamon.jpg

Yup, another show to add to my list of favourite shows of all time.

It felt so short, I wish there were more episodes. The characters felt like real living beings, it reminded me a lot of my town back in my home country in a sense. Made me miss the trees, the sea. Absolutely excellent, how the story was told, the character progression, the lessons learned every episode. This little girl taught both the protagonist and myself a lot, Naru!

naru.gif

I wish more anime were like this. No stupid fan service, no smut, just great lighthearted writing, mood, characters and visuals.

79383796aba385486babf88fab219f3f.jpg

Season 2, when?

Firemind

Maybe it's an idea to go through each other's planned to watch lists and recommend stuff based on their completed shows and ratings of said shows. Or whatever you personally like I guess.

javac

That's exactly what I use it for. It's a convenient way to keep track of obscure shows, which would otherwise be lost in time. I see I also have a lot of movies on there that wouldn't take too much time to go through. All the Kara no Kyoukai films and Evangelion insert number dot oh for example.

Pretty much, its hard to remember them all off the cuff so it helps keep them all in an easy to read list. Even if I'm not dying to watch all of them, I'm at least mildly interested in them. A lot of them for me tend to be a lot of 80's junk with extra cheese on top and old 70's kids shows :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom