• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

Classroom Crisis 2 - This episode has sucked me in this series. Looking forward to future episodes.

Lol same. Just watched the first two episodes and they were really fun to watch. The first episode was pretty good, but the second episode really cemented the show for me as something I'll look forward to. I already like the relationship the characters have with each other and am really looking forward to how the story will evolve. Plus those Kanzaki Hiro designs :D.

cajunator

Banned
Amagi was KyoAni? What.

yes indeed it was!

I've made this my new home.

Welcome to the crazy house! NFLGaf will really love you now lol

I like Amagi more that Euphonium.

My love of fun carnival stuff outweighs my interest in band and music, but KyoAni put so much heart into making Euphonium I really ended up enjoying it a lot.
but yeah for me colorful festive atmosphere > highschool band.

Anybody on AnimeGAF watch Black Mirror (british live action sci-fi show)? Just finished S1. Fucking amazing.

The best thing you can say is that it's nowhere near as bad as most of Kyoani's other post Hyouka output.

I haven't seen Euphonium but one day I'll try. It good enough praise from people who weren't

1. Answer the question "But ____doe"

A. Cute girls
B. Yuri baiting
C. All of the above

faridmon

Amagi was really funny most times and I enjoyed the overall plot. The visuals were also spectacular with animation being crisp and nicely done.

jediyoshi

Wakaba Girl 02

vZEEt6y.png

AOTS

Hyouka is like Bladerunner. Some will see the genius and the beauty, others are bored by its (admittedly) calm/slow burn, and others just didn't like it/think it's overhyped even after finishing it. But to deny it deserves a spot up there with the greats though?

Even Otaku dream of Electric Waifus.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hyouka is like Bladerunner. Some will see the genius and the beauty, others are bored by its (admittedly) calm/slow burn, and others just didn't like it/think it's overhyped even after finishing it. But to deny it deserves a spot up there with the greats though?

Even Otaku dream of Electric Waifus.

I don't think Hyouka is ever going to earn that kind of acclaim. In the wider world this is more the lost gem that never got its due, at least over here since, you know, is continues to not be available.

I don't think Hyouka is ever going to earn that kind of acclaim.

I mean I should specify I'm not saying Hyouka will be pulled down from a dusty dvd collection by grandpa X years from now like "now grandchild, watch this shit if you want to watch a truly great anime. Grandpa knows a thing or two about anime"

We should celebrate diversity!

See this is Woof bullying to the fucking core. I'm calling the law brb

Hastati

This may be a weird question, but for those who watch (or have seen) Urusei Yatsura, how do you watch it? I LOVE Rumiko and her series (Maison Ikkoku is definitely one of my favorites), and I also really love the characters in Urusei Yatsura, but I've had trouble continuing it. I feel like I would have watched it every week without fail in the '80's, but it's a bit harder to get through in big clumps. Right now I'm stuck at about episode 40.

Do you watch an episode every once in awhile with a glass of wine? Do you marathon arcs and then finish it? How do you personally consume it?

Again, apologies if it's a bizarre question, but I want to get through it.

cajunator

Banned
This may be a weird question, but for those who watch (or have seen) Urusei Yatsura, how do you watch it? I LOVE Rumiko and her series (Maison Ikkoku is definitely one of my favorites), and I also really love the characters in Urusei Yatsura, but I've had trouble continuing it. I feel like I would have watched it every week without fail in the '80's, but it's a bit harder to get through in big clumps. Right now I'm stuck at about episode 40.

Do you watch an episode every once in awhile with a glass of wine? Do you marathon arcs and then finish it? How do you personally consume it?

I actually just have a bunch of UY movies and I pull those out on rare occasions. But not very often at all anymore.

Syrinx

I've watched UY in bursts, mostly. Though not even really bursts, more like a couple of weeks or so where I'd watch 1or 2 episodes a night.

Think I'm somewhere between 40 and 50 at the moment.

Risette

A Good Citizen
amaburi was probably the lowest point of modern kyoani. even something as crappy as chuunibyou had better animation than amaburi. it didn't even look good.

I wonder if amaburi was made by an actual B-team at kyoani. it feels so out of place, even among their other bad shows.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Since it's episodic there's no advantage to any particular viewing technique. Just watch as the mood strikes.

Usio to Tora - episode 2

The change of heart in Tora towards helping Ushio didn't really mesh with me well but whatever. Other than that I enjoyed their chemistry going through their daily life.

Hastati

I've watched UY in bursts, mostly. Though not even really bursts, more like a couple of weeks or so where I'd watch 1or 2 episodes a night.

Think I'm somewhere between 40 and 50 at the moment.

Since it's episodic there's no advantage to any particular viewing technique. Just watch as the mood strikes.

I actually just have a bunch of UY movies and I pull those out on rare occasions. But not very often at all anymore.

Thanks! I've been curious about the movies for a long time (heard especially good things about the last few), but I want to move through it chronologically partly for historical reasons. Just curious to see how others experience it.

Usio to Tora - episode 2

The change of heart in Tora towards helping Ushio didn't really mesh with me well but whatever. Other than that I enjoyed their chemistry going through their daily life.

That scene felt really forced, the rest of the episode had a much better flow. I feel like we need a bit more on Tora before we can buy that he would suddenly decide to save Ushio there. Otherwise the series really gets my blood pumping (along with Overlord), looking forward to the next episode.

cajunator

Banned
Usio to Tora - episode 2

I havent seen ep 2 yet, but I seem to recall it making sense to me that Tora would help him out.
i mean he did free the monster in the first place. Tora fears the spear and pissing off Ushio.

Gate episode 2 was good. enjoyed the politcal side of it
and I'm surprised by Prison School. I thought it will just be ecchi, but it's actually funny

Cornbread78

Usagi Drop ep. 9-END
tumblr_m0hibofATo1qktqch.gif

This one is very cute throughout with our little darling above. I'm not sure why someone said she gets annoying because she doesn't really. She has some big time character growth, along with our MC, until the end. The anime itself deals mostly with adult themes like divorce and single patenthood but they do a good job of bringing that to you through multiple points of view. The only drawback for the series is that at 11 episodes, you can tell they rushed the ending a little because they could have easily continued the story especially, watching the MC try to find a wife, lol.

Oh, Grimace, what crap happens in the manga?

cajunator

Banned
Usagi Drop ep. 9-END
tumblr_m0hibofATo1qktqch.gif

This one is very cute throughout with our little darling above. I'm not sure why someone said she gets annoying because she doesn't really. She has some big time character growth, along with our MC, until the end. The anime itself deals mostly with adult themes like divorce and single patenthood but they do a good job of bringing that to you through multiple points of view. The only drawback for the series is that at 11 episodes, you can tell they rushed the ending a little because they could have easily continued the story especially, watching the MC try to find a wife, lol.

Oh, Grimace, what crap happens in the manga?

If you really wanna know I can pm you

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Prison School 1
I laugh. As far as adaptation goes, they really nail it with rapid fire joke and reaction face. Next episode, best dude appear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom