• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
barakamon.jpg

Yup, another show to add to my list of favourite shows of all time.

It felt so short, I wish there were more episodes. The characters felt like real living beings, it reminded me a lot of my town back in my home country in a sense. Made me miss the trees, the sea. Absolutely excellent, how the story was told, the character progression, the lessons learned every episode. This little girl taught both the protagonist and myself a lot, Naru!

naru.gif

I wish more anime were like this. No stupid fan service, no smut, just great lighthearted writing, mood, characters and visuals.

79383796aba385486babf88fab219f3f.jpg

Season 2, when?

Barakamon is one of my all time favorite show. It basically tells you that Anime can actually be great sometimes and that it isn't just ecchi, harem, or fanservice shit which most people generalize anime as. It sets up a setting and premise that's actually believable and has a strong cast of characters that feel genuine and realistic. Even though the show feels really realistic and grounded it doesn't get boring because of how dynamic the interaction between characters are. There's been very few anime that has genuinely lifted my spirits like Barakamon has. Yeah I know it sounds cheesy but it's the truth. Like I don't even know how to explain it, it's unreal.

As for Season 2 it's possible because the BD sold about 7K-8K which is really good considering many shows barely sell that much. The manga even got a great boost as well. Hopefully Studio Kinema Citrus adapts more or they could go ahead and adapt the prequel to Barakamon called Handa-kun. Which is about the daily life of Handa the MC of Barakamon during his high school years.

Barakamon is one of my all time favorite show. It basically tells you that Anime can actually be great sometimes and that it isn't just ecchi, harem, or fanservice shit which most people generalize anime as. It sets up a setting and premise that's actually believable and has a strong cast of characters that feel genuine and realistic. Even though the show feels really realistic and grounded it doesn't get boring because of how dynamic the interaction between characters are. There's been very few anime that has genuinely lifted my spirits like Barakamon has. Yeah I know it sounds cheesy but it's the truth. Like I don't even know how to explain it, it's unreal.

As for Season 2 it's possible because the BD sold about 7K-8K which is really good considering many shows barely sell that much. The manga even got a great boost as well. Hopefully Studio Kinema Citrus adapts more or they could go ahead and adapt the prequel to Barakamon called Handa-kun. Which is about the daily life of Handa the MC of Barakamon during his high school years.

I wouldn't mind seeing a prequel but to be honest after being introduced to all these awesome characters, and seeing how much Honda progressed I'd love to see more. The source material seems to have come pretty far along, BD sales were also great as you said. I'll hold off on reading it and wait a little longer for news of a season 2, I think it'll get one.

Cornbread78

A second season with the same tone would be great, the problem with the prequel would be the serious lack of the super cute Naru.

cajunator

Banned
By the way this thread exploded today by like 6 pages in a few hours. Wtf happened? Some news I missed or is Prison school really good?

[Urusei Yatsura] - 134

The fox movie screening at the start was better than the episode. I'm not really found of the little fox or Shinobu.
"I do not regret the days of my youth!"

Cornbread78

Maybe it's an idea to go through each other's planned to watch lists and recommend stuff based on their completed shows and ratings of said shows. Or whatever you personally like I guess.

Not a bad idea, but I have a lot of random crap on my MAL, lol. Also you would have to make sure that person actually updates their lists.

javac

If only I had a region-free player to watch this.

Region Free DVD players aren't too much these days I'd assume, but of course it still costs money which I appreciate and don't want to understate, luxury items aren't necessary for many and if so then maybe watching it through your PC via VLC/MPC is an option? :)

Tuck

prison school 1
I had to. I had to watch it. I had to see. And oh boy, see I did, though not as much as I could have considering the censorship.

This was garbage. Anime was a mistake. Holy hell what drivel. Just one big pile of awful tropes and awful smut.

It was pretty enjoyable though. Few funny moments, and the facial reactions were continuously amusing. Doubt I'll keep watching, shows like this aren't to my taste, but I don't regret watching the first episode.

The show is trash,but its entertaining trash.

So is CR ever going to put Symphogear GX up? I need my Nana Mizuki every week, son!

Wait does CR even HAVE Symphogear? It's not even on their streaming schedule. Does anyone have it? Why is this TUSR's fault?

Not a bad idea, but I have a lot of random crap on my MAL, lol. Also you would have to make sure that person actually updates their lists.

I'm just so lazy to catalogue my stuff. And then what happens is people ask me for recommendations and because I have watched so much, I can't think of anything lol.

NomarTyme

Prison School 1 - All the characters are annoying as fuck so far and the character design is lame. Could not finish the second half of the anime.

So is CR ever going to put Symphogear GX up? I need my Nana Mizuki every week, son!

Wait does CR even HAVE Symphogear? It's not even on their streaming schedule. Does anyone have it? Why is this TUSR's fault?

Crunchyroll's announcement of Symphongear GX is here. There's no details about the streaming however, which means that Crunchyroll is still working on nailing down the details with the licensor in Japan.

So... uhm. God Eater. Coming on Sunday right? What about the last episode of BBB? Honestly by the time it comes I feel like I won't even be interested to watch it anymore :(

Lain

Ping Pong 5-11

What else to say other than masterpiece? This show was so good. For a show so short, it managed to say and contain a lot. I never felt like what I was watching was time better spent covering other aspects/characters/situations.
Great tale.

Cornbread78

Usagi Drop ep. 1-8
tumblr_lpggdt8Bxq1qf9wd7o1_500.gif

Another show with another super cutie child in a main role. Well, I heard she gets annoying in the second half, but for now, she is still really cute, so I'm happy! The show is heavy in the feels as the MC learns to be a father of the young girl Rin. Watching her grow up under his care leads to many learning experiences for the MC, who does a great job in his role. The side plots presented are you normal SoL adult issues in regards to balancing work/family and prioritizing what is important to you. Those lessons with he does right for a child that isn't even his, everyone else around him can't figure it out. Only 3 episodes left, but this has been really good so far.

faridmon

I absolutely loved Barakamon as well. Great writing, really funny moments and overall happy show. I really love the fact that everyone on that show is damn nice and huggable.

Ore Monogatari is similar (not funny, but everyone is nice on that show as well), but man, that was a fucking show!

javac

It's been an interesting day, a hot one, an unproductive one where I didn't even manage to watch any anime but that's fine because I'm off to bed now to get some sleep so I can get some shopping done tomorrow, night night everyone, and please get along <3

How I wish I could watch Hyouka again with virgin eyes. I really need to give it a rewatch. I never do that for any shows, but I'd totally do it for this one. It's been a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom