• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overlord Episode 2

Mare is male? hope he gets a different outfit.

Love how everyone is in need of their Lord Momonga, it makes it so funny.

The twins
are wearing clothes of their opposite gender. that's how their setup is.So even if they change clothes ( might happen at some point :) ) , they will still keep the same kind of clothes that they currently have.

Cornbread78

I thought about this for a bit too, but Nagisa is more involved in the story right now IMO. Episode 2 was basically establishing his relationship with his brother, the classmates (especially the main two) and the teacher. The teacher does draw on his motivation at the end, and it does seem like Nagisa is the antagonist in the class shutdown subplot (which you can kinda see in the OP). This is one of the reasons I think this show will be interesting.

True, but be ok, if they kept switching perspectives between those two through to see both act on their motivations.

Defuser

Jitsu Wa Watashiwa ep 1 + 2
Finally I can get into this series. The manga designs always put me off from ever reading it.

wtf0yo2m.jpg
This is worst 2 sec frame ever. I don't mind it looking like that but at least animated the people moving for at least 2 seconds.

Shin Mazinger Z 01

I don't have a suitable gif for this.

I'm going to assume this was, chronologically, pretty much episode 25 out of 26 ep long series and the next episodes will be one giant flashback leading into this. Because surely, even this show isn't insane enough to drop the viewer right into what seems to be the very climax of the series, introducing 82 weird ass characters and their conflicts in the span of 20 minutes.

Frankly, I'm not quite sure this is my cup of tea. Giant Robo's oldschool silliness already rubbed me of wrong way and this seems to crank it up till infinity. Dr Evil, a guy who rides a lion into the battle, Zeus himself, pilot cockpits located in robot's breasts ? I'm not sure my brain is equipped to deal with this amount of insanity. Will give it a few eps I guess.

Shin Mazinger Z doesn't have as much silliness as Giant Robo. Quite a bit, but not as much.

The show has its moments where things do get pretty nuts, but I'd say the show goes at a decent pace about it after the first episode.

I do hope you stick to the end with this though. This show becomes more and more of a fun ride the more you learn what's going on in the background of it, and I love the show for that, along with its classic super robot action being so much fun.

Well at least it's prettier to look at unlike something like Sailor Moon, One Piece, Dragon Ball, and Toriko from Toei.

How many long running series Bones currently produces? It's easier to make one or two cour series look good compared to series that runs for years. I agree that Toei has gotten worse than in the past though

How many long running series Bones currently produces? It's easier to make one or two cour series look good compared to series that runs for years. I agree that Toei has gotten worse than in the past though

I understand that Toei does long running series but why can't they just do 2 cour or even split cour for some of their series in order to keep their quality in check. I mean have you see World Trigger that's just unbelievable even for a long running series.

I understand that Toei does long running series but why can't they just do 2 cour or even split cour for some of their series in order to keep their quality in check. I mean have you see World Trigger that's just unbelievable even for a long running series.

Have you seen the final episode of Blood Blockade Battlefront? That's unbelievable even for a single cour series.

dan2026

Toei is literally the worst anime studio in Japan.
They are so awful it sometimes defies reason.

Anyway
Monster Musume 2

Best girl is here. Are the other girls even trying?

Overlord 2

More like Overlooordzzz. This is way too slow. Maybe it's being too faithful?
At least it seems in the third episode something will really start.

Phatmac

I like how closely the show is following the manga. It's still introducing the harem but there were many funny moments to be had while the lewdness only increased. The harem must be feed.

phaze

^ Oh. I see. I'm unspoilt on the ultimate fate of the protag then. ;)

Shin Mazinger Z doesn't have as much silliness as Giant Robo. Quite a bit, but not as much.

Giant Robo didn't have the meta introduction to the protagonist. Or a guy carrying his own head in his arms. Or a Big Bang attack. Or a giant Zeus appearing out of nowhere. I could go on. ;P

Mushishi Zoku - 14

God damn it Mushishi, are you trying to break me with this melancholic stuff?

Our tears make Ginko stronger.

Yatterman Night was released on June 26 in a 12-episode Blu-ray box set by King Records.

Huh all episodes released in one go ? Not a very standard mo as I understand it ? Interesting.

Cornbread78

Full Moon Wo Sagashite ep. 22-27
tumblr_loaiutkRE01qeu0vro1_500.gif

We are into the full second season now that the OP and EP have changed from the originals. There is finally a new song to be sung and the rivalry with Madoka keeps going on. I really really hate that girl, btw.. As normal, some really touching moments throughout, but mostly everyday life in the music business. BTW, hopefully, the Sensei and Manager do hook up by the end of this thing, since they are a sweet pair together, lol.

Huh all episodes released in one go ? Not a very standard mo as I understand it ? Interesting.

King/Starchild wasn't high on the production committee (mostly Tatsunoko and Yomuri Television). The box itself is a relatively cheap 25000 yen, or around 4167 yen per 6 volumes. It's not too much cheaper than singles, but they likely didn't expect to sell many.

Boxes depend on the publisher and their goal. If it's to make a fair amount of money, you'll see singles. If not, you'll see box sets. VAP is the publisher who most often sells sets as they sell a lot of NTV's dramas in those, but they'll go singles if they're the big financier of the project or if they expect to sell more units than usual (Chihayafuru S1/Crowds Insight).

Jex

[Take the X Train]

Take the X Train is an OVA from 1987 directed by Rintaro and produced by Studio Madhouse. The story centres on the life of Ishihara Toru, a seemingly normal worker who develops a psychic link to a mysterious ghost train. And that's about it because there's really not much 'story' here in the traditional sense.

To back up a little bit, I feel like I should point out that this story opens in a rather unusual fashion:

So, right off the bat you can appreciate that an anime dedicated to a jazz musician is probably going to defy convention, especially if it's directed by the idiosyncratic Rintaro. You'd be right, too. This OVA doesn't really have a traditionally unfolding story or anything resembling a traditional character arc, instead you have a series of bizarre, moody sequences, strung together somewhat unevenly, which culminate in a surprisingly dark climax. Reading that description will probably let you know if this kind of work is something which you might appreciate because this really isn't for everyone.

The visuals are the real star of this piece, as they should be. The first thing you'll notice about this OVA is the distinct character designs courtesy of Yoshinori Kanemori. They're wonderfully exaggerated and somewhat ugly:
The key start of this OVA is the mysterious X train itself which is largely depicted as flowing electricity. All animation for the X train is really beautiful and a treat for fans of FX animation:

The colour design, as you may have noticed, is extremely striking providing contrasting images:

The interesting thing about Rintaro is a visual stylist is that while he has some reoccurring shots (POV shots, on-screen thought bubbles, spotlights on characters as they talk) he switches up his direction and techniques considerably between projects. Unlike say, Dezaki or Shinbo or Oshii, Rintaro is less tied to his directorial flourishes. His real signature, I suppose, is stylish direction in whatever form that happens to take at the time. Which is how I'd describe Take the X Train, along with just being a truly bizarre and singular piece of anime history.

Oh and, of course, this OVA has a jazz soundtrack. As you might expect. So if you want to see something cool, then I recommend giving this a shot.

Shokugeki no Soma 6

I've always thought Silver Spoon would be better if everyone got naked to farm.

I do have to say Nikumi's bouncing breasts are rather annoying. That's an anime trope that always gets under my skin, because it's such a gross way to sexualize a character. And why does she have an American flag pattern on her bra? Despite her tan, she doesn't seem to be a foreigner.

Mandelbo

How is the below?:
Is the Order a Rabbit

I saw it on Crunchy and it looked interesting.

I didn't particularly enjoy what I saw of it, but then I really didn't see very much of it. It's a cute comedy set in a small cafe, where there is a girl who has a rabbit on her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom