• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

okusan >>>>>> lum
t5CuILDl.jpg

Mupod

Monster Musume 2

Both reacting to the new girl. His harem is growing faster than I thought it would be. He already has 4 girls (if you include Smith)

the ride has only just begun

anyways every time this nonsense gets to the end of an episode I'm going to be reminded that there's still no MON spinoff.

Not everybody here has read the Overlord LNs, I do not know what this things is and the things it hits me with are out of place ecchi elements and devolutions into harem cliches. It is only because I can see the core potential in this series that I will give it another chance. It is the busiest time of the season and shows get cut for very thin reasons at the moment.

I understand why you stopped , but the anime would have probably explained those things if you finished the episode.
Momonga position is quite clear ( from his anime monologue ) and it's not an harem anime BTW.
Some things happens, they happen for a reason and so far the 2 problematic scenes are :
- The breast fondling ( explained in ep 2 ) and the albedo/shalltear argument ( again ( explained minutes later by another POV from another character ))

Right now i'm saying that it's "out of place" if you don't let the anime explain itself.
I'm also confused at what's so out of place when you don't know what is normal or not normal in this universe.

the ride has only just begun

anyways every time this nonsense gets to the end of an episode I'm going to be reminded that there's still no MON spinoff.

This needs to happen so bad. The MON squad is far more interesting than the other monster girls imo. Just seeing the squad go on missions would be great.

Shokugeki no Soma 10

I like that Tadokoro is getting to step out of Soma's shadow, even if only for a bit. She's been sliding by on his coattails up to now, but in this episode she was forced to be independent in her cooking, and showed that she has some resourcefulness of her own to draw upon.

Of course, Soma still had to step in to save her in the end. But this confrontation should be interesting since it's the first time he's challenging a graduate instead of a fellow student. The series continues to up the stakes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't see why Alice's stuff couldn't be real, she just doesn't lean on a certain culture's food and has a rather unique style. Not like I actually know anything about gastroenterology or the science of culinary and cooking

Well that's the thing. I've watched enough Food Channel to have seen everything the other kids make at least one but Alice is ????. The most advanced dish I've encountered on this front is liquid nitrogen cooled ice cream which is just regular ice cream but misty.

Hoo boy.

I'm so glad someone stitched the Smith scene.

That one is going straight into the folder.

Nice to see the transition into anime didn't stop Cerea from holding the crown for cutest faces in the series.

Papi has some nice ones as well, but that's kind of a given with her.

Very pleased with how VA's in this show are really nailing the voices for these characters. They're talking exactly how I imagined they would sound like while reading the manga.

MonMusu - 02

So as I haven't discovered any secret monster fetish of mine so far I'll gladly just leave this show alone because it's garbage all the way. You couldn't make animation less sensual than this overly erratic motion that was going on during the, uh, centaur ride. That's not groping breasts, that rather looks like the guy has a seizure and performs random, spastic hand movement.

There's a lot of ecchi shows that have this kind of overly erratic motion and it looks always terribly unnatural and off-putting.

That said, I'm not going to enjoy an MC acquire a harem because he's a 'good guy', The comedy doesn't deserve being addressed as such and the character design is hideous.

Cornbread78

Monster Musume ep.2
tumblr_nokhteLZJk1rrr564o1_500.gif

Holy shit at the hilarious ice cream scene. I literally broke out in laughter way more than I should have. It's lewder and more visual than the Tu Love Ru one! It's a shame the gif can't be posted because it is dirty-awesome, lol.

Centaur scenes were funny as well. Oh and Smith is the true harem leader, my lord..

Man, this show delivers for lewd mindless fun, lol.

Ice cream/Popsicles is like the most common ecchi thing ever.

Except naked aprons and "Welcome home would you like bath a dinner or me" which are usually combo'd

Haly

Just make sure to pick up MonMusu for Rachnee, whenever she shows up.

If you're still not on the monster train by then you can safely write off the whole subgenre.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

If you're still not on the monster train by then you can safely write off the whole subgenre.

monmusu is pretty much the worst monster girl property out there though

MonMusu - 02

So as I haven't discovered any secret monster fetish of mine so far I'll gladly just leave this show alone because it's garbage all the way. You couldn't make animation less sensual than this overly erratic motion that was going on during the, uh, centaur ride. That's not groping breasts, that rather looks like the guy has a seizure and performs random, spastic hand movement.

There's a lot of ecchi shows that have this kind of overly erratic motion and it looks always terribly unnatural and off-putting.

That said, I'm not going to enjoy an MC acquire a harem because he's a 'good guy', The comedy doesn't deserve being addressed as such and the character design is hideous.

Ecchi shows like Monster Musume are pretty much always cheap garbage for thirsty people with no standards who'll eat up anything that shoves big breasts in their face. You can't expect anything from them.

Nah, people should just read Centaur's Worries instead, a monster girl manga with actual good art, good characters, an interesting setting, and creative scenarios.

Haly

No one who watches anime wants to read. This is what I learned from years of interacting with firehawk12.

monmusu is pretty much the worst monster girl property out there though

Spoken like someone who never read 12 Beast!

Nah, people should just read Centaur's Worries instead, a monster girl manga with actual good art, good characters, an interesting setting, and creative scenarios.

Centaur's Worries is a far better manga and I enjoy it more when a chapter comes out, but I can like both!

No one who watches anime wants to read. This is what I learned from years of interacting with firehawk12.

Don't you mean Narag?

Bakemonogateri 2 & 3

This is....weird. Very weird. I'm really not sure what to think of this yet. I don't find it boring, though, so I'll keep watching for now.

Haly

Narag is a distinguished gentleman who reads nothing but trashy LNs and YA self-insert syfy.

He wouldn't be caught dead watching animay.

Cornbread78

Ecchi shows like Monster Musume are pretty much always cheap garbage for thirsty people with no standards who'll eat up anything that shoves big breasts in their face. You can't expect anything from them.

Does anybody actually expect anything from them though?

Mindless ecchi fun is mindless fun for a reason.

Bakemonogateri 2 & 3

This is....weird. Very weird. I'm really not sure what to think of this yet. I don't find it boring, though, so I'll keep watching for now.

Weird is a good description of it. It's very text driven so you really need to pay attention, but it's an awesome cast and story to follow.

Leave me alone, lol.

John Blade

*google Monster Musume image. Look at the 1st few image. Close link*

Um...I am not up to date with newer anime but is this what anime fans are interested in? Also, I guess ecchi stuff is now normal now for fans to watch? Kinda remind me of some hentai manga I saw which have something similar idea......

Um...I am not up to date with newer anime but is this what anime fans are interested in? Also, I guess ecchi stuff is now normal now for fans to watch? Kinda remind me of some hentai manga I saw which have something similar idea......

Ecchi isn't anything new at all. It's been around for a long time, Go Nagai helped make it into something in like, the 60s. You look at a popular anime that has a lot of ecchi in it like Kill la Kill and it's really similar to Cutie Honey.

Cornbread78

I watch a lot more serious slice of life and romance anime, so something like mon music is a perfect "break" anime for fun.

I mean, I will watch pretty much anything or any genre as long as I can find something about it that intrigues me or I like. I will bounce from watching something like Angel's Egg to watching haremshit because why not?

I used to be really bad at not being able to drop anything though, after I sat through all of Mahouka I kind of reconsidered that as me being stupid

John Blade

Ecchi isn't anything new at all. It's been around for a long time, Go Nagai helped make it into something in like, the 60s. You look at a popular anime that has a lot of ecchi in it like Kill la Kill and it's really similar to Cutie Honey.

Well...I guess I am old type then. Not saying I won't watch it but I try to avoid those ecchi stuff a bit unless it's one of those show that is actually good to watch but will have tons of fan service for fans like Godannar for example.

Yea, you do see it in older anime like Cutie Honey you say. I guess I don't really go watch those anime really. Guess it's my taste....

Quasar

Monster Musume 2 - Was actually surprised that they introduced Papi and Cerea in the same episode. I kind of expected each girl to get their own introduction episode.

Papi I find interesting simply from the POV of depicting harpies. Giving her bird memory is interesting, as in various RPGs I've played (like D&D) I'm not sure they had memory that bad. Certainly not as player characters.

Cerea doesn't really sound like I imagined. Though that's also true of Miia.

Deadly

Is this Monster Musume show actually good? Or is it the 'so bad it's good' kind? I thought Anime-GAF hated harem shows but it kinda seems like everyone is watching this one.

Is this Monster Musume show actually good? Or is it the 'so bad it's good' kind? I thought Anime-GAF hated harem shows but it kinda seems like everyone is watching this one.

You should already know if you like it or not by looking at it. It's a harem ass harem.

And animegaf isnt a hivemind.

Quasar

I mean, I will watch pretty much anything or any genre as long as I can find something about it that intrigues me or I like. I will bounce from watching something like Angel's Egg to watching haremshit because why not?

I used to be really bad at not being able to drop anything though, after I sat through all of Mahouka I kind of reconsidered that as me being stupid

Can't say I have that problem. My MAL drop count is about 136. Probably should be higher as there's lots put into on-hold that are actually dropped. I was just unwilling to admit it at the time.

I enjoy romantic comedy anime though (of which shows like Monster Musume are a part thereof) so those are unlikely to be dropped.

Overlord - 02

And with this , the prologue ends .

So far so good , overlord took his time but having the point of view of both momonga AND the guardians is needed ..they make as much the show as the MC.

They did trim a lot of material ( we didn't have the full explanations ) they did tell us the necessary things. so i guess the adaptation is coming in order properly.

I've read plenty of comments here about this episode , and i'm honnestly surprised I guess you all stopped before the anime explained why those scenes were there...( because they aren't there for a reason ).. for shame considering that overlord is one of the better written LN i've read in more than 10 years...and the anime , while slow hasn't done even 1% of the trash you can find in other franchises daily..
Yeah the premise of the first ep hooked me, read all the available manga last weekend and am now on volume 2 of the, quite well written. Think I'll stick with it for a while

Taruranto

From the character design of "I Want To Fuck My Little Sister" LN #1

Yes, let me get this straight. Evil OrenoImouto gets captured and naturally who they send? The kids from Valvrave. Female Inaho hijacks the operation and crash-lands an 800 millions space-ship (built by said kids) into an asteroid.

Did I get it right?

I think I'm in love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom