• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Anything after 1999 and before 2007 is bad!

This heel turn....
LsiT5Pm.jpg

yami4ct

I'll second this.

Even as a big Gundam fan, I can recognize War in the Pocket as the one thing truly worthy of showing anyone regardless of affinity for the franchise or mecha anime in general. It's pretty fantastic on every level.

08th MS Team and War in the Pocket are the only Gundam shows I might recommend to non-mecha people.

To Mecha people, Turn A, The Origin Manga and G (in addition to those 2).

I'll second this.

Even as a big Gundam fan, I can recognize War in the Pocket as the one thing truly worthy of showing anyone regardless of affinity for the franchise or mecha anime in general. It's pretty fantastic on every level.

Thirding.

Don't have time to watch a 50 episode Gundam? Here's one that does its job in 6 episodes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
firehawk: Any show from a creator or franchise is as good as any other show from that creator or franchise.

This is why M3 teaches us that Aria is bad.
I mean Okada worked on Aria so what can I say. lol

But it's clear SatoJun takes jobs that feed him and does things that he wants to do. Otherwise why do 3 seasons of that shounen puzzle anime that no one remembers even though it's only a year old.

I mean Okada worked on Aria so what can I say. lol

But it's clear SatoJun takes jobs that feed him and does things that he wants to do. Otherwise why do 3 seasons of that shounen puzzle anime that no one remembers even though it's only a year old.
Did anyone other than DTL watch it?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did anyone other than DTL watch it?
I watched a couple because that was when I was following the SatoJun/Yoshida/Kobayashi trio but I got bored after 2 episodes.

Same with Yoshida's Saint Seiya. Although I did suffer through that boring as fuck mecha show that she wrote.

blurr

Regret looking up genre before watching Gakkou Gurashi but the transition was well done.

Any thoughts on Sore ga Seiyuu? I hear it's like Shirobako (which I loved so much).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Regret looking up genre before watching Gakkou Gurashi but the transition was well done.

Any thoughts on Sore ga Seiyuu? I hear it's like Shirobako (which is loved so much).
The first episode was basically a 20 minute explanation of how anime seiyuu work, basically. Throw in an aspiring voice actress with confidence issues for workplace anxiety point of view.

Come to think of it, if she starts dating Jimmy Olsen, this could be the Supergirl pilot. :p

blurr

The first episode was basically a 20 minute explanation of how anime seiyuu work, basically. Throw in an aspiring voice actress with confidence issues for workplace anxiety point of view.

Come to think of it, if she starts dating Jimmy Olsen, this could be the Supergirl pilot. :p

That's sort of expected I guess but I'm gonna wait for a while before I start watching, too many to watch at the moment.

Any thoughts on Sore ga Seiyuu? I hear it's like Shirobako (which I loved so much).

I watched the first two episodes tonight and liked it quite a bit. It's surprisingly well-made for a Gonzo show, with generally attractive art and some nice bits of animation. (Thank you, Hiroshi Ikehata.) The main characters are likable and charming, and there's good chemistry between them. It's also pretty educational, delving into different aspects of what voice actors go through in their careers. The manga this is adapted from was written by an actual voice actress (the Japanese voice of Dragon Ball's Goku, to be precise), so it's coming from someone who knows what she's talking about. I'd go for it.

I watched the first two episodes tonight and liked it quite a bit. It's surprisingly well-made for a Gonzo show, with generally attractive art and some nice bits of animation. (Thank you, Hiroshi Ikehata.) The main characters are likable and charming, and there's good chemistry between them. It's also pretty educational, delving into different aspects of what voice actors go through in their careers. The manga this is adapted from was written by an actual voice actress (the Japanese voice of Dragon Ball's Goku, to be precise), so it's coming from someone who knows what she's talking about. I'd go for it.
Masako Nozawa was in the first ep as herself if I remember correctly but I'm seeing that Masumi Asano wrote the original doujin manga.

Cornbread78

Fate/Zero ep.1-2
fate_zero.jpg

Well now, I'll let you guys fill in my blanks here as I'm still kinda confused after recapping the 50 min episode and watching the next one. Straight away, this is a bloody, bloody mess isn't it? That scene with the worms was one thing, but after the demon familiar is summoned to the serial killer and that little boy gets shredded by him, my goodness.. just uggh.

Essentially, you have 7 famous/notorious/infamous familiars all summoned from different timelines fighting to the death for the Holy Grail? The one I like immediately was the father with the wife and little girl, but he's as good as dead because he's the "good" and smart family guy, plus his summon was awesome.. Then you have the punk kid, that stole the relic as another, then the two families that battle right away
are they down to 6 already?
man, I have to recap these characters again. All I know is that I'm intrigued by the premise, buy like I said, this is just one big bloody mess, huh? I need to go to bed, I'll watch more tomorrow. .

Fate/Zero ep.1-2
fate_zero.jpg

Well now, I'll let you guys fill in my blanks here as I'm still kinda confused after recapping the 50 min episode and watching the next one. Straight away, this is a bloody, bloody mess isn't it? That scene with the worms was one thing, but after the demon familiar is summoned to the serial killer and that little boy gets shredded by him, my goodness.. just uggh.

Essentially, you have 7 famous/notorious/infamous familiars all summoned from different timelines fighting to the death for the Holy Grail? The one I like immediately was the father with the wife and little girl, but he's as good as dead because he's the "good" and smart family guy, plus his summon was awesome.. Then you have the punk kid, that stole the relic as another, then the two families that battle right away
man, I have to recap these characters again. All I know is that I'm intrigued by the premise, buy like I said, this is just one big bloody mess, huh? I need to go to bed, I'll watch more tomorrow. .
He's doing it, he's finally watching Zero!

blurr

Not really bothered by animation, I just hope it takes itself seriously when it needs to like Shirobako.

cajunator

Banned
Fate/Zero ep.1-2
fate_zero.jpg

Pay close attention, because it gets complex.
also there should be some extra footage as well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Physician, heal thyself.
I'm scrubbing watching many animus. lol

I just joked about Sore ga Seiyuu being your standard girl in the big city starting a new job story, but they actually have a meet-cute:
TGdk2vdl.png

FG540m5l.png

1IwEE5Ul.png

zHAONzMl.png

Nice. lol

Also, I didn't expect this show to got that deep:
9NmOhWel.png

Sou2B2Nl.png

At some point they need to host a Nico Nico webshow and do drama CDs. lol

Anyway, I think I actually enjoy this show because the anime they are making isn't even a part of the show. It just serves as a backdrop for the profession, so I'm sure there will be an earnest "I'm trying my best" soliloquy in the future, but they don't have to pretend that they are making Aku no Hana or Hourou Musuko. They're aiming to work on kids anime and shounen anime and that's just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom