• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Majestic Prince 01

First episode had a nothing special premise with fending off an alien invasion, but I do like the ragtag band of 5 misfits. Custom mechs for each one with individualized color and role makes me think this is actually some sort of super sentai show. Had this backlogged as "a mecha with actually good CG", and that's somewhat true for the moment at least.

Yona of the Dawn 16 & 17

Episode had a small payoff towards the end of the episode but not enough to justify both episode 15 and 16. Certainly the weakest episodes (15 and 16) of the show so far and after watching episode 17, definitely feel like filler episodes or something to pad out the show.

Episode 17 really felt like it was getting the show back on track and focusing on
finding the dragons
. I enjoyed this episode a lot and look forward to seeing how they can get the free-loving
green dragon to come with them
. Should be entertaining.

Nevertheless, I am glad to see the show back on track.

hamchan

It's crazy that streaming both Funimation and Crunchyroll through Kodi results in a far better experience than all their websites and apps. I have no idea what's wrong with their website streaming or PS4 streaming but it's always been subpar and I'm so glad I found a way to actually watch anime in 1080p without crazy buffering.

KazenY2J

QAY34mF.jpg

Will start on October.

Mari Okada's writing this, correct?
lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
im sure will wheaton will whisper sweet nothings as you fall asleep tonight

~gaben, yu suzuki, shiggy~
"What was truly amazing was that they were able to resurrect James Horner via neural networked artificial intelligence in order to write the score for Armada."

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm writing my novel now.

Her name is Mariko, but she preferrs her online handle "Asuna". A living embodiment of her avatar's namesake, Mariko is as athletic as a Japanese warrior princess trained in the arts of ninjitsu and bushido but also has grace of a geisha, a living embodiment of the yamato nadeshiko values that defined the perfect Japanese woman. Yet despite her nobility, she was also an otaku at heart and enjoyed letting her hair down from time to time. When not wearing a kimono, she would playfully don her maid uniform and nekomimi, appending the ~nyan suffix to every teasing sentence that she spoke.

On these occasions, she would gently nudge me be calling me Gord-shuujin-sama, a playful nickname she imagined for me based on my the Japanese term for master and my name, Gordon. She was certainly different from the other woman in my life, Kirino, who would call me Gordo-baka every time she was mad at me.

Jintor

I'm writing my novel now.

Her name is Mariko, but she preferrs her online handle "Asuna". A living embodiment of her avatar's namesake, Mariko is as athletic as a Japanese warrior princess trained in the arts of ninjitsu and bushido but also has grace of a geisha, a living embodiment of the yamato nadeshiko values that defined the perfect Japanese woman. Yet despite her nobility, she was also an otaku at heart and enjoyed letting her hair down from time to time. When not wearing a kimono, she would playfully don her maid uniform and nekomimi, appending the ~nyan suffix to every teasing sentence that she spoke.

On these occasions, she would gently nudge me be calling me Gord-shuujin-sama, a playful nickname she imagined for me based on my the Japanese term for master and my name, Gordon. She was certainly different from the other woman in my life, Kirino, who would call me Gordo-baka every time she was mad at me.

I should kill you where you stand dawg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I should kill you where you stand dawg
Is what Kirino said to me as she brandished her jian, or Chinese sword at me. Her qipao or Chinese dress was a bit disheveled as a result of the admittedly rough way I knocked her to the ground. But my super sonic hearing knew that the sniper bullet was headed for her and I only had a nanosecond to react.

The more amusing thing is that Okada wrote several episodes of Aria as well. Granted it's an adaptation so it doesn't count but....
Yeah, both Yoshida and Okada slummed on this. The mom episode of GuP makes me wonder if Okada contaminated her during that time.

phaze

Okada is an upgrade from G-Reco.

Pretty much.

Fate/Zero ep.1-2
fate_zero.jpg

Well now, I'll let you guys fill in my blanks here as I'm still kinda confused after recapping the 50 min episode and watching the next one. Straight away, this is a bloody, bloody mess isn't it? That scene with the worms was one thing, but after the demon familiar is summoned to the serial killer and that little boy gets shredded by him, my goodness.. just uggh.

Essentially, you have 7 famous/notorious/infamous familiars all summoned from different timelines fighting to the death for the Holy Grail? The one I like immediately was the father with the wife and little girl, but he's as good as dead because he's the "good" and smart family guy, plus his summon was awesome.. Then you have the punk kid, that stole the relic as another, then the two families that battle right away
are they down to 6 already?
man, I have to recap these characters again. All I know is that I'm intrigued by the premise, buy like I said, this is just one big bloody mess, huh? I need to go to bed, I'll watch more tomorrow. .

The cast doesn't expand much more outside of that. You should get the hang of them soon.

And you like the guy that sold his own daughter to the pit full of worms ? lol

Monster Musume 02

I told myself I'm watching this out of morbid curiosity.

But maybe it's time to face facts.

I'm probably in love with Darling-kun.

Will watch again when a new rival gets introduced.

Shin Mazinger Z 02

The opening is surprisingly catchy, even if it seems to be a mishmash of various scenes from the first episodes.

So indeed, this went from giant climactic battle to the very starting point of the entire story. Can't say I'm a big fan of this approach, disliked it in Berserker and Shigurui too. It only spoils for you the route the story will take in the future. The pace and insanity slowed down in this episode to something more edible for me, so my hopes for it rising. It continues to look good too.

Szadek

I watched episode 1-8 of Space Dandy together with my girlfriend.
We were looking for an anime we can watch while eating dinner and from the few things I knew about the series I though this anime should work.
It did, we really liked it.
I guess this is what happens when you mix Cowboy Bebop with something like FLCL ,and also animate it really well.
Interestingly enough the anime also has a few more serious episodes and they work pretty well,too.

Dresden

Is what Kirino said to me as she brandished her <<jian>>, or Chinese sword at me. Her <<qipao>> or Chinese dress was a bit disheveled as a result of the admittedly rough way I knocked her to the ground. But my <<super>> sonic hearing knew that the sniper bullet was headed for her and I only had a nanosecond to <<react>>.

fixed

Moaradin

We were looking for an anime we can watch while eating dinner and from the few things I knew about the series I though this anime should work.
I guess this is what happens when you mix Cowboy Bebop with something like FLCL ,and also animate it really well.
Interestingly enough the anime also has a few more serious episodes and they work pretty well,too.

You watching dub or sub?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Sore ga seiyuu 1-2
The most surprising thing about this anime is the fact that Gonzo still exist.
It's like Shirobako, but focus on the seiyuu part. So yeah, we basically seeing what happen to Zuka here, with newbie seiyuu struggling to find a job, doing part time work, and all that stuff. No mention of seiyuu working on eroge though.

Best part is the ending song.

This reminds me; I still need to watch season 2. And listen to that amazing space surfing song about a hundred more times.

Mandelbo

Non Non Biyori S2 02

So much strategy was at play during that ruler fight - let's not beat around the bush, it was basically a Jojo fight. Every line Renge says is still hilarious to me, but Komari was also great in the second half of the episode.

Cornbread78

Pretty much.

The cast doesn't expand much more outside of that. You should get the hang of them soon.

And you like the guy that sold his own daughter to the pit full of worms ? lol

Wait, I must be thinking of the wrong guy then, the niece of the white haired dude from the worms is the brother of the guy with the wife?
Uggh, I'll have to watch the extended episode again if that's the case.

cajunator

Banned
No one who watches anime wants to read. This is what I learned from years of interacting with firehawk12.

Hmm. It is true that I dont like manga very much but I read other things, like magazines and wikipedia.

What is this filth?

Seriously. Lum is the best and there is no other competition even.

Well what do you know the Anime adaptation is mentioning how Monster Musume made it to the #1 New York Times manga bestseller list. So they know they have a big following in the West.

That's pretty interesting.

Thats pretty interesting. Didnt think it was that popular here.

Really? I was led to believe it was something else.

WHAT IN THE HELL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom