• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 1-2
And here we go I guess. No sleep for me tonight.
I absolutely loved this show. The art style in the beginning seemed a little offputting to me, but after adjusting I realized just how gorgeous it was. The story and characters are great too. Enjoy the ride!

Gakkou Gurashi!! Episode 1

JAEA59J.gif

RTf35H7.gif
This show is the new Samumenco, except we get good reactions right from episode 1 except of episode 7 lmfao.

Sore ga Seiyuu 02

That two job lifestyle and complete disregard of personal appearance after waking up hits a little too close to home.

phaze

Dragon Ball Super S 02

These gods are even bigger dicks than I remember.

I did smile at some of the Vegeta stuff but pure nostalgia isn't enough to make me go suffer through an elongated retread of the awful movie. Bills is worse than any of GT's villains. Dropped for now, will pick it up later or when I'm in the mood.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So having one person playing multiple roles is not a new thing of course, but I just saw that the actress who does all the Kongou class ships (Nao Toyoma) actually sang an insert song where she changes her voice between the four characters while singing.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=720600138045534

Not that you couldn't do it with practice of course, and at some point you just memorize the parts, but it's funny to think about someone both singing and voice acting at the same time. If nothing else, Kancolle really pushes some of these voice actors to work for their money. lol

Reknoc

Dragon Ball Super S 02

These gods are even bigger dicks than I remember.

I did smile at some of the Vegeta stuff but pure nostalgia isn't enough to make me go suffer through an elongated retread of the awful movie. Bills is worse than any of GT's villains. Dropped for now, will pick it up later or when I'm in the mood.

Beerus is the best DBZ villain.

Mushishi Zoku - 15

SHA6sRj.gif

If you want a likely guaranteed emotional response out of me, put up a story about the impermanence of human life, loved ones growing old, some tragedy and melancholy. You can then proceed harvesting my tears.

At least there were four seconds of fun this episode when Ginko drew blank faces. Always love those.

I'm writing my novel now.

Her name is Mariko, but she preferrs her online handle "Asuna". A living embodiment of her avatar's namesake, Mariko is as athletic as a Japanese warrior princess trained in the arts of ninjitsu and bushido but also has grace of a geisha, a living embodiment of the yamato nadeshiko values that defined the perfect Japanese woman. Yet despite her nobility, she was also an otaku at heart and enjoyed letting her hair down from time to time. When not wearing a kimono, she would playfully don her maid uniform and nekomimi, appending the ~nyan suffix to every teasing sentence that she spoke.

On these occasions, she would gently nudge me be calling me Gord-shuujin-sama, a playful nickname she imagined for me based on my the Japanese term for master and my name, Gordon. She was certainly different from the other woman in my life, Kirino, who would call me Gordo-baka every time she was mad at me.

Damn, if it's animated by SHAFT , this could be the next monogatari...

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ranpo Kitan Game of Laplace 2
"Oh, there's a chair stuffed with human bone and organ? Cool"
Kobayashi is grade A psychopath...
No wonder the teacher want him to be his chair.

Jitsu wa watashi wa 2

Alien as part of a harem get!

Overlord 2

My, what a big mouth you have there Albedo...

jonjonaug

Shin Mazinger Z 02

The opening is surprisingly catchy, even if it seems to be a mishmash of various scenes from the first episodes.

So indeed, this went from giant climactic battle to the very starting point of the entire story. Can't say I'm a big fan of this approach, disliked it in Berserker and Shigurui too. It only spoils for you the route the story will take in the future. The pace and insanity slowed down in this episode to something more edible for me, so my hopes for it rising. It continues to look good too.

You wanna know the best part?
Several events in the first episode don't happen in the show, or happen in a different way.
First episode aside, Shin Mazinger Z is pretty freaking great, enjoy the ride.

Cornbread78

Fate/Zero ep3-7:
Just trucking along through this one. It's not the normal type of anime I watch, but it's pretty good so far. It's very action based and everyone is just out to kill everyone else constantly, lol. Saber is my fav. altough, as I said from the beginning, she has no shot. I think I've had it spoiled:
Her master gets killed right in front of his daughter Ilya or something like that?
Rider is good because he is kinda funny to watch interact with the other fighters and just keeps biffing that lowly theif master of his. I'll keep watching this one to that end, nut I should not watch Fate/Stay Night since it is really bad, correct?
It's funny that I recognized the singer from the OP immediately from SAO, LiSA is good, lol. Oh and is the bridge from the OP in CG?

Gbraga

Monster Musume 2

Smith-san
L2X5gRS.png

Whens bluray

Plastic Memories 4

This one was pretty good again, actually. The kid was annoying as shit, but kids are annoying as shit anyway, so yeah.

The very first scene was the cutest shit ever. Ohayo~ <3

Gbraga

Shokugeki no Soma 12

The characters are really starting to open up and gain some depth to their personalities. Certainly Shinomiya's backstory created a much greater understanding of his character, but this episode also fleshed out Tadokoro, Soma, and Dojima to various degrees. This series has been more or less enjoyable to watch from the beginning, but now I'm really beginning to be invested in it.

Episode 12 was amazing, I cried so much
VaBNcxc.png

I didn't think it would hit me as hard as it did, having read the manga and all, but it did, right in the feels. The supporting cast of Shokugeki no Soma is the best in the business, as far as I'm concerned. And the best arc is yet to come!

Cornbread78

For those of you who have seen Plastic Memories to the end, here's something you probably didn't notice in each episode's OP.

Very cute having a different facial pose each time.

Plastic Memories 4

This one was pretty good again, actually. The kid was annoying as shit, but kids are annoying as shit anyway, so yeah.

The very first scene was the cutest shit ever. Ohayo~ <3

LOL, yeah there are some much cuter ones coming up. I loved the series... I really miss it dammit..

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 1-2
And here we go I guess. No sleep for me tonight.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 3-4
What a performance....
And then she collapsed.wat wat wat wat

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 4-10
I can't even. I watched episode 10 twice and I still cannot.
That really blew me away like nothing else.

c6249_ORIG-jack_nicholson_nodding.gif

Your lie in April is just... So good. I am so glad more people are picking the show up. It's really a delight to watch.

Cornbread78

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 4-10
I can't even. I watched episode 10 twice and I still cannot.
That really blew me away like nothing else.

Thanks, I just had to go watch it again to remember... So heavy, so deep, such an amazing episode of Your Lie in April...still makes you well up inside a second time watching it.

That scene really surprised me because I wasn't liking Isla at all, but just one word and everything changed. So cute~

She gets better and better until the series ends; literally the most adorable thing and she goes through the biggest character developement of anyone on the show.....

Gbraga

Did the Samurai Flamenco team make anything else as... unique as it since then? What a blast that was. Every fucking week they managed to surpass everyone's expectations with even more crazy bullshit.

phaze

Beerus is the best DBZ villain.

No.

Wait, I must be thinking of the wrong guy then, the niece of the white haired dude from the worms is the brother of the guy with the wife?
Uggh, I'll have to watch the extended episode again if that's the case.

This is Tokiomi Tohsaka, the guy with wife and two daughters. The violet haired one, ha gave away to another family, you saw how that worked out.

Unless you meant Kariya, the (now) white haired guy. He isn't blood related to no one from above but Sakura, the girl I mentioned above, was adopted into his family.

Fate/Zero ep3-7:
Just trucking along through this one. It's not the normal type of anime I watch, but it's pretty good so far. It's very action based and everyone is just out to kill everyone else constantly, lol. Saber is my fav. altough, as I said from the beginning, she has no shot. I think I've had it spoiled:
Her master gets killed right in front of his daughter Ilya or something like that?
Don't worry about this.
I'll keep watching this one to that end, nut I should not watch Fate/Stay Night since it is really bad, correct?

Hard to say, I think you might enjoy it. It's more light hearted, has some haremy antics and a bit of romance. And great action.

Did the Samurai Flamenco team make anything else as... unique as it since then? What a blast that was. Every fucking week they managed to surpass everyone's expectations with even more crazy bullshit.

Heh... The writer for that also wrote the Recently, My Sister Is Unusual adaptation.

Phatmac

tumblr_nrj2n9e21e1rayk5go1_540.gif
The Reaper Arc continues strong with Yaemon's true plan revealed as well as some more insight into Gintoki's past. I'm glad more arcs are incorporating his past as it continues to build on one of the best characters in anime. Gintama is the best as it usual dwells on silly comedy moments yet it still reminds us that out goofy hero isn't a nice guy as he's killed all his life and is a known criminal. It's just a difficult transition to turn a comedy show into such an amazing drama yet Gintama continues to achieve this with ease. Next week is sadly of this arc yet I hope Asaemon is a permanent addition to the cast but I fear that she'll meet her demise next week. I'm excited for next week as it looks like it'll give us a great fight to end this great arc. This episode also gave us some much needed KaguraxSougo love.
tumblr_nrj2f54SWP1r41zr3o5_400.png
tumblr_nrj2f54SWP1r41zr3o4_400.jpg
tumblr_nrj2f54SWP1r41zr3o3_400.jpg
tumblr_nrj2f54SWP1r41zr3o2_400.jpg

Cornbread78

No.
This is Tokiomi Tohsaka, the guy with wife and two daughters. The violet haired one, ha gave away to another family, you saw how that worked out.

Unless you meant Kariya, the (now) white haired guy. He isn't blood related to no one from above but Sakura, the girl I mentioned above, was adopted into his family.

Hard to say, I think you might enjoy it. It's more light hearted, has some haremy antics and a bit of romance. And great action.

I was this party (these are the 2 I like along with the "master")

tumblr_me731qohKF1rbtx3po1_500.gif

They are the "good" guys, right? MAster is crafy with his guns because he sucks as a mage apparently.

Phatmac

They are the "good" guys, right? MAster is crafy with his guns because he sucks as a mage apparently.
Kiritsugu is a great Magus killer since he has a reality marble that can slow down or stop time inside his body. He also has the origin bullet which is a massive trump card.

phaze

Ahhh you meant Emiya Kiritsugu. Mea culpa for not getting it, I forgot about his daughter.

Mushishi 17

9 years of life lost, presumably memory loss too, all because of the most unlikely coincidence. And a dick Mushi. At least this ended somewhat happily.

Interesting to see how Mushishi have organised their post. I wonder how the bigger society views them. Would like to see Ginko get to some bigger town someday, maybe interact with (imperial ?) authorities too. How does he even earn money for food ? It doesn't seem like he's getting paid for doing his job most of the time.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 11-16
And slowly, time moves for everyone.
I can see the ending now, but I don't want it to go that way. Ironic considering many of the conflict in this series is basically that sentence.
Just dammit.

Jex

Bakemonogateri 1

Is that opening montage or whatever indicative of what this show will be like? Because all of it looked awesome! There was lots of action and some great looking animation.

Anyway, liked this first episode. The show just oozes style, and the music is great too. But I kinda feel a tad lost? As if I should be up to speed on things already. Is this not the first anime in this series? If so, what order should I watch these in?

Just watch the franchise in release order. It's as simple as that. Yes, there are events that occurred before the beginning, but they're going to be addressed in Kizumonogatari, which may be coming out some time this decade. Seriously, they've been working on it for years.
That was a trailer Kizumonogatari. A prequel story that will soon, vey very soon air in cinema's. Don't worry Bake is the first to watch from the series. Even though chronologically there are two stories that take place before it. And no it won't look like that. Action is very infrequent, it's mostly talking. (but the rare action scenes look great)

Ed:beaten like ararararagi.
Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom