• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
I feel bad for the brother. I seriously do, like I know that the stuff is supposed to be funny and all, but they are completely destroying the poor guy with a wrecking ball like Umaru lol. Poor guy, he looks young too idk if that's a plot point or just because this is anime, works every day to sustain a lying brat that doesn't help at all at home. You watch this brat make the guy's life a living hell. If he was a bad guy, it would be fun, but he's the exact opposite lol.

She didn't even have the decency to let him sleep in.

cajunator

Banned
You what?

Umaru - 02

Anyway, Umaru seems to suffer the same fate that most 4-Koma's do: the same joke all the time, ran straight into the ground. It works in 4-koma style because it's in small doses. Some anime adaptations of 4-Koma's like Working work because there's enough character variety for the jokes not to get too repetitive each episode and there's overlaying plot lines going on like characters trying to hook up. That or 5 minute episodes which adapts fantastically to 4-komas. Hopefully there's more to Umaru over time. And it starts being funny at some point.

OP is catchy at least.

You dont squee in public? My coworkers even follow me on twitter lol

most little sibling/older sibling relationships involve physical pain or annoyance. Most of this anime, like Charlotte, would have the little sister on screen for a total of 3 minutes before the brother got annoyed and gtfo'd to his room to post on GAF all day.

OceanBlue

most little sibling/older sibling relationships involve physical pain or annoyance. Most of this anime, like Charlotte, would have the little sister on screen for a total of 3 minutes before the brother got annoyed and gtfo'd to his room to post on GAF all day.
I have two younger brothers and I don't understand this at all. I adore them to death. Most of my cousins don't act annoyed around their siblings either. I don't understand this perspective at all.

Puruzi

Banned
I have two younger brothers and I don't understand this at all. I adore them to death. Most of my cousins don't act annoyed around their siblings either. I don't understand this perspective at all.

Same. I have an older sister and a younger brother. We have fun together.

Squishy3

You're blessed. My sister is a grown woman and I can't stand being around her, she has terrible habits that she shouldn't have for as old as she is.

And when she's visiting she gets extremely upset my dog begs her for food whenever she has it yet she throws him popcorn and chips and whatnot all the time. No shit he begs you for food.

Well that was more of a joke haha.

My sisters and I are polar opposite though. While they're bubbly and extroverted I'm a social introvert but when it comes to family it costs me energy to spend time with them. Friends and dates I'm social as shit, family? I need to put that shit in my schedule to mentally prepare myself. Love them to death but when they act lovey dovey BECAUSE they know it annoys you? lol

VRMN

You what?

Umaru - 02

Anyway, Umaru seems to suffer the same fate that most 4-Koma's do: the same joke all the time, ran straight into the ground. It works in 4-koma style because it's in small doses. Some anime adaptations of 4-Koma's like Working work because there's enough character variety for the jokes not to get too repetitive each episode and there's overlaying plot lines going on like characters trying to hook up. That or 5 minute episodes which adapts fantastically to 4-komas. Hopefully there's more to Umaru over time. And it starts being funny at some point.

OP is catchy at least.

Fun fact: Umaru's manga isn't a 4koma.

Mandelbo

More like I have no idea what squee even is. I had to look it up.

Squee is also a character in Jhonen Vasquez's "Squee's Wonderful Big Giant Book of Unspeakable Horrors", which is the first usage of the word I saw. But that is neither related to anime or cute in the context of the book.

Squee is also a character in Jhonen Vasquez's "Squee's Wonderful Big Giant Book of Unspeakable Horrors", which is the first usage of the word I saw. But that is neither related to anime or cute in the context of the book.

Didn't he appear first in Johnny The Homicidal Maniac?

Jesus I can't believe I remember that.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Himouto! Umaru-chan Episode 2:

Oh god, Ebina is awful and I hate her and I am already sick of her Oni-San and Uguu! gimmicks. Anyway, this still made me laugh a few times but the humor is already starting to get stale and repetitive and I am not sure if this show will be able to sustain itself through the cour yet.

Soma

umaru 1-2

sorry wonzo

i know you've been championing this series and all but this just aint doin it for me breh

Cornbread78

Umm, all these happy sibling childhoods. My older brother and his buddies used my as a WWF ragdoll. I always had to be the bad guys. Pile drivers, DDTs, suplex, flying elbows off the couch, ueah, I felt it, lol. However, we played a lot of whiffle ball in the yard also, so it balanced out. Brothers do what brothers do.

Mandelbo

Umm, all these happy sibling childhoods. My older brother and his buddies used my as a WWF ragdoll. I always had to be the bad guys. Pile drivers, DDTs, suplex, flying elbows off the couch, ueah, I felt it, lol. However, we played a lot of whiffle ball in the yard also, so it balanced out. Brothers do what brothers do.

I'm glad I'm an only child

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
No, seriously, do the Umaru-chan fans have little sisters? Serious question.
I do, and i am fan of the show. honestly umaru is annoying to have as a little sister and i'm glad my little sister is not like her. Though i admit my enjoyment probably come from seeing taihei suffering and from later part of the manga

Prison School 01

This show takes the standard perv anime formula and goes to the moon and back in terms of insanity and lewd sadomasochism. All I can say is Yes. Yes.

Himouto Umaru-chan 1

Are there supposed to be jokes in here? All the scenes just feel like they drag on and completely lack any punch or impact. Plus the whole premise in action, where you've got this girl who is perfect in school, perfect in athletics, perfect in appearance, just perfect all around, and spends every moment of free time lazing about in her apartment eating junk food and wasting time on Internet/games/manga/anime/etc. - it's pretty eyeroll-worthy.

Coming from the Love Lab team and a manga with a good reputation around here, it's disappointing.

NmViyq1.jpg

s10ALEx.png

Heh.

They kept the scissoring scene intact.

Until Rito popped in between like a vibrating dildo anyway.

Actually found it sort of funny how they censored Yami's panties when she's "excited".

But felt it was fine to show when they had fallen between her legs and a drop falls down as well.

Not even trying to be subtle there.

Jarmel

Banned
Gangsta-3
8Y6GDlv.jpg

He has to be paid to sleep with her? Really?
I thought this was a fairly strong episode in that it was a typical 'every day in the slums' but the way it was depicted helped to flesh out the characterization of both Worwick and Alex. Worwick seems to have a strong amount of self-hatred for his profession despite how much it seems he 'enjoys' doing it. If you like at episode 2 where he seems to be enjoying killing those thugs, in this episode however he seems much more sullen. This is kinda intriguing as he tends to flirt a lot but it seems to be more out of obligation rather than anything sincere.
This episode also had both Worwick and Nicolas run into old accomplices/colleagues and it showed how both have moved on with their lives. Nicolas seems more at peace with his surroundings and where he is, while Worwick almost feels like he's stuck there.
I also liked Worwick and Alex's interactions in this episode in that they didn't have much direct interaction but Alex sort of understood her place in this new work environment and possibly gained an insight into what Worwick thinks of her. This was sort of a rude awakening for her. I think she's become complacent with her own life and standing but it seems like recent events have made her question what she wants to do with her life. I found her final conversation with Worwick at the end of the episode to be somewhat interesting in that both share the same profession but they view it differently to an extent.

cajunator

Banned
Heh.

They kept the scissoring scene intact.

Until Rito popped in between like a vibrating dildo anyway.

Actually found it sort of funny how they censored Yami's panties when she's "excited".

But felt it was fine to show when they had fallen between her legs and a drop falls down as well.

Not even trying to be subtle there.

Toloveru is not what I would call subtle. I dont think it knows subtlety.

That's a pretty big collection you have there. I did post mine here one time that is last year now. I got myself quite a few more anime stuff so, it will be much bigger. Just need a good shelf and space to put it in my room but don't think I even have the space to do that here.

Nice! Do you have any more detailed pictures?

Andrew J.

I mean....

Yeah that's basically the case. If you're not digging it at the start you can just skip to when it drops the two stories per week format. As the show develops the Oshii influence becomes more...apparent but it starts as more of a straight adaptation.

I'm just gonna assume that this means a lot of basset hounds start showing up.

Gintama - 280

I can't help but think that they didn't handle this arc that well.

The episode was good but somehow , the pacing was slightly off. It's still great but there is some secret ingradient missing.

I hope that they will correct this in the next episode.

Here am i complaining that an episode of gintama is great when it could have been awesome. Well , there is still the next episode to raise the bar

Gangsta-3

I thought this was a fairly strong episode in that it was a typical 'every day in the slums' but the way it was depicted helped to flesh out the characterization of both Worwick and Alex. Worwick seems to have a strong amount of self-hatred for his profession despite how much it seems he 'enjoys' doing it. If you like at episode 2 where he seems to be enjoying killing those thugs, in this episode however he seems much more sullen. This is kinda intriguing as he tends to flirt a lot but it seems to be more out of obligation rather than anything sincere.

This episode also had both Worwick and Nicolas run into old accomplices/colleagues and it showed how both have moved on with their lives. Nicolas seems more at peace with his surroundings and where he is, while Worwick almost feels like he's stuck there.

I also liked Worwick and Alex's interactions in this episode in that they didn't have much direct interaction but Alex sort of understood her place in this new work environment and possibly gained an insight into what Worwick thinks of her. This was sort of a rude awakening for her. I think she's become complacent with her own life and standing but it seems like recent events have made her question what she wants to do with her life. I found her final conversation with Worwick at the end of the episode to be somewhat interesting in that both share the same profession but they view it differently to an extent.

I'm super interested in knowing what the story is behind the tattoos. Also, if I understood it right from what we were shown today,
Nicolas killed Worick's parents, and then they both fled together to that city.
Also very curious about Nicolas' relationship with the sick girl. And his own sickness too. More and more the plot keeps getting intricate and dropping threads that will lead to something as we go. I loved how Alex was so clueless to everything, almost as if she was us the viewer, trying to understand everything around her.

John Blade

Nice! Do you have any more detailed pictures?

You mean a detail from that picture? Yup, on the link below.

Like I say, this is last year around Nov so before the Christmas sales and few more stuff after that. Basically, my collection expand quite a bit more now. I am actually thinking of selling some of them mostly the duplicate one for a show as no point to have two. Will think about it later.

Gintama 177

Quick! Someone call Kurapika!

The new OP has a super serious tone but Kondou, Ayame and Katsura are in it and I can't take them seriously at all. Tsukoyo is the only character besides Takesugi who has only been in serious episodes, except for maybe the absent minded spaceship guy who knows Gintoki from his samurai days and his assistant woman, who are in every OP but pretty much never show up (ongoing joke?) so I'm looking forward to Tsukoyo being in sillier episodes. The To-Love-Ru part in this episode was great and she has good chemistry with Gintoki

Overlord 1

Well now, that was pretty awesome. I'm already more interested in this than both SAO and Log Horizon, and I really like the latter. And the ED song. So good.

Overlord 2

Oh lord, Shalltear and Albedo. Lmao. These chicks are nuts. Also, I'm glad Lord Death didn't just become a complete dick considering his situation

Overlord 2

tumblr_inline_n9stg7HqO81rrekrj.png
This is awesome!

Hyouka - 2

CJ_l01zUMAA28-w.png:large

A bunch of LN harem protagonists would like a word with you.

I enjoy that these mysteries seem to be more on the creative side in this. They're not terribly exciting subjects, but considering the atmosphere of the show, I don't think they're really meant to be. It's not bad.

Phatmac

Slow episode this week with some backstory for Worrick and Nicolas which is important but I thought it could've been executed better. It's interesting to see Worrick's attitude at being a giggilo. I'm interested in seeing who Nico was with in the bedroom. Hopefully next week is a bit more action packed and filled with more Nina.

cajunator

Banned
You mean a detail from that picture? Yup, on the link below.

Like I say, this is last year around Nov so before the Christmas sales and few more stuff after that. Basically, my collection expand quite a bit more now. I am actually thinking of selling some of them mostly the duplicate one for a show as no point to have two. Will think about it later.

Ohh yes I think youve posted some before. You have good taste!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom