• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assassination Classroom Episode 21 EngDub

Wow most chilling engdub Ive heard from Funi. They are all so good for this. Terasaka kun lines are all great and his anger and feelings through things, then Nagisa there in the scene with Takaoka laughing. I got scared.

Seraph of the End Episode 11 EngDub

Perfection incarnate. I cant wait for the Yuu Mika scene next episode. The Yuu Kimizuki scene was amazing this episode, though the lines and music made it feel like something from a BL.

Gintama 177

Quick! Someone call Kurapika!

The new OP has a super serious tone but Kondou, Ayame and Katsura are in it and I can't take them seriously at all. Tsukoyo is the only character besides Takesugi who has only been in serious episodes, except for maybe the absent minded spaceship guy who knows Gintoki from his samurai days and his assistant woman, who are in every OP but pretty much never show up (ongoing joke?) so I'm looking forward to Tsukoyo being in sillier episodes. The To-Love-Ru part in this episode was great and she has good chemistry with Gintoki

It's great to see more people see the greatness that is Tsukuyo.

She pretty much has the best chemistry with Gintoki.

Hastati

It's great to see more people see the greatness that is Tsukuyo.

She pretty much has the best chemistry with Gintoki.

Tsukki X Gin is practically Canon at this point. Or at least 50% chance. The other 50% in my head. She's amazing.

I can't wait for the weird-ass love potion arc. recent manga stuff --
Just sad she hasn't shown up recently, I hope gorilla incorporates the female characters again towards the end. It's been a sausage fest forever now

Hyouka - 2

I enjoy that these mysteries seem to be more on the creative side in this. They're not terribly exciting subjects, but considering the atmosphere of the show, I don't think they're really meant to be. It's not bad.

oh boy somebody watching Hyouka. Join the right side or forever be shamed

And thus only a few weeks passed before the next AnimeGAF Hyouka fight

Gbraga

Gangsta 3 was 100% exposition, hard to talk a lot about it without going too deep into spoilers and just retelling what happened, but I need to praise once again the pacing, which I think is absolutely stellar, they handle exposition in such a laid back way that I never feel like "ok, now it's time to try and memorize a million terms and bullshit to know what's going on in this world", we have Alex to represent us, as an outsider trying to figure out the situation she's in by putting all the pieces together, gathering information from here and there, and that makes for a very pleasant trip throughout the city, where little by little we get more information on our characters.

Worick's job was quite a shock to me, actually, especially because he doesn't seem to enjoy it at all, I would never expect it
after they basically "rescued" Alex from prostitution.
It really works torwards further reinforcing that he just came to accept his situation, he might not like it, but no longer hates it enough to try and change it, he just goes with the flow.
He rescued Alex from a life he wouldn't want for himself, but his feeling of being stuck in that situation is so strong that he himself continues with it.

Very strong episode, can't wait to know more about the tags, their past and every chance we get to see a small glimpse of Nico's deepest thoughts is great, he's such a well developed character, imo.

And maaan, Tsutchie, you're a beast.

Gangsta is easily my favorite new show this season, just not AOTS because Non Non Biyori is too stronk.

I'm actually always surprised to see how divisive it was, the moment I watched the first episode I thought "man, this anime is great, people will be all over it".

NeonZ

Here am i complaining that an episode of gintama is great when it could have been awesome. Well , there is still the next episode to raise the bar

I think the new director has worse comedic timing and that has hurt most adaptated stories (although the lottery ticket one still was very funny), but I've loved the atmosphere added to this arc, with the Edo redesign and stylish flashbacks.

Gangsta 3 was 100% exposition, hard to talk a lot about it without going too deep into spoilers and just retelling what happened, but I need to praise once again the pacing, which I think is absolutely stellar, they handle exposition in such a laid back way that I never feel like "ok, now it's time to try and memorize a million terms and bullshit to know what's going on in this world", we have Alex to represent us, as an outsider trying to figure out the situation she's in by putting all the pieces together, gathering information from here and there, and that makes for a very pleasant trip throughout the city, where little by little we get more information on our characters.

Worick's job was quite a shock to me, actually, especially because he doesn't seem to enjoy it at all, I would never expect it
after they basically "rescued" Alex from prostitution.
It really works torwards further reinforcing that he just came to accept his situation, he might not like it, but no longer hates it enough to try and change it, he just goes with the flow.
He rescued Alex from a life he wouldn't want for himself, but his feeling of being stuck in that situation is so strong that he himself continues with it.

Very strong episode, can't wait to know more about the tags, their past and every chance we get to see a small glimpse of Nico's deepest thoughts is great, he's such a well developed character, imo.

And maaan, Tsutchie, you're a beast.

Gangsta is easily my favorite new show this season, just not AOTS because Non Non Biyori is too stronk.

I'm actually always surprised to see how divisive it was, the moment I watched the first episode I thought "man, this anime is great, people will be all over it".

I really enjoy the series as well, one of my top favorite of the season. Though this thread is 50/50 on it, either liking it or not.

Sterok

Aikatsu 1

I don't get the appeal of all this idolshit. I suspect I never will. But I'm sucker for Pretty Cure's CG dancing, so I'm in for the moment. And Aoi is perfection. I'll try this out for at least a few episodes.

I think the new director has worse comedic timing and that has hurt most adaptated stories (although the lottery ticket one still was very funny), but I've loved the atmosphere added to this arc, with the Edo redesign and stylish flashbacks.

They are definitely experimenting new things with the new season of Gintama, while trying to retain the aspects of the old series. Which I don't mind because the current arc feels a bit different but in a good way.

Aikatsu 1

I don't get the appeal of all this idolshit. I suspect I never will. But I'm sucker for Pretty Cure's CG dancing, so I'm in for the moment. And Aoi is perfection. I'll try this out for at least a few episodes.

I really didn't like aikatsu at first ... the first episode was "meh" in my eyes... even if there was potential.

It was after a couple more of episode that i understood how great aikatsu was. do continue a little more.

I really enjoy the series as well, one of my top favorite of the season. Though this thread is 50/50 on it, either liking it or not.

I'm watching a ton of stuff but Gangsta is definitely on its way to becoming my favourite show this season. God Eater had a great start for me, and I really dig the artwork. I'm a sucker for the series though, so it's very biased in a way. Everything else is fun to watch, but so far none of it has made me want the week to go by faster lol. Shimoneta was a nice surprise for me since I thought I wouldn't even need to check it out, and it turned out to be hilarious.

This season's new stuff is solid.

Cornbread78

Ok, my head is starting to spin.
From my MAL, what should the next three series I watch be after I'm done with Fate and Full Moon Wo Sagashite:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cornbread78&status=6

I like more mature age settings, and looking for a good Slice of Life with relationship stuff, Romance or Romcom series.

I know there is that music one that supposed to be pretty good... but too many to choose from here...

VRMN

From my MAL, what should the next three series I watch be after I'm done with Fate and Full Moon Wo Sagashite:

I like more mature age settings, and looking for a good Slice of Life with relationship stuff, Romance or Romcom series.

I know there is that music one that supposed to be pretty good... but too many to choose from here...

On that list I think the best show is probably Welcome to the NHK. That, His and Her Circumstances, and Haruhi (to cross it off your list) would be my picks. If you watch Haruhi though, fuse it with season two broadcast order, skipping however much of the Endless Eight arc as you want.

Gbraga

Umaru-chan 2 so kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

jhdfhdhjpoasjhadfjlçsdjflçasjgçlasdjfasd

I can't

cuteness overload

halp

halp
halp

heeeeepl

hgfgggggnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Cornbread78

Umaru-chan 2 so kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
jhdfhdhjpoasjhadfjlçsdjflçasjgçlasdjfasd
I can't

cuteness overload

halp

halp
halp

heeeeepl

hgfgggggnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

You and Arcy will get along great when he returns, lol.

On that list I think the best show is probably Welcome to the NHK. That, His and Her Circumstances, and Haruhi (to cross it off your list) would be my picks. If you watch Haruhi though, fuse it with season two broadcast order, skipping however much of the Endless Eight arc as you want.

Thank you.

I'll probably have to ask again about the Haruhi thing when I get there, lol.

fertygo

Aikatsu 1

You gonna see the light son, may Ichigo bless you.

Gbraga

You and Arcy will get along great when he returns, lol.

It's so good, man, so good. Umaru is the most adorable spoiled brat ever. When she fell asleep I didn't know if I should laugh or aaawww. I just did both.

GAME, GAME, GAME

Umaru-chan, Non Non Biyori and Gangsta are the holy trinity of this season.

EDIT:

Go watch Kotonoha no Niwa, it's pretty short and sweet, and fits precisely what you're looking for. I love it, Shinkai's best work, imo.

8qCg99v.png
YqBarfB.png

Gintoki actually shoved her face into his ass.

It's the little things that make one question their memories and go back to the manga chapter to check.

Find out that's not the way it happened and your memory is still as good as always.

And then not really mind the change because you find the results entertaining anyway.

I'm watching a ton of stuff but Gangsta is definitely on its way to becoming my favourite show this season. God Eater had a great start for me, and I really dig the artwork. I'm a sucker for the series though, so it's very biased in a way. Everything else is fun to watch, but so far none of it has made me want the week to go by faster lol. Shimoneta was a nice surprise for me since I thought I wouldn't even need to check it out, and it turned out to be hilarious.

This season's new stuff is solid.

About God Eater I'm a fan of the game myself and the anime artstyle looks so unique and good. Though it did take some time to get use to but man once you do you start to appreciate it. However I'm a bit cautious on the storyline because the game's storyline wasn't bad by any means but the anime could easily screw up.

Hopefully that isn't the case.

cajunator

Banned
Umaru - 02

Fear the power of appearances !

This show is barely alright , but still enjoyable so i guess i'll keep watching !

High hope for the new girl to break that monotony next week

Gbraga

Oremonogatari 15

Now I wish this was one of those animes where people die just to add a tragic element to the story. Yamato always gets in the way of the better girls.

Gbraga

tumblr_nrjilc0iIz1uuq1pao2_540.gif

This is precisely the face. Prison School is worth watching for the reaction faces alone, even if it didn't really grab my attention in any other area.

We all know the best way to judge a show is based on how many good reaction faces it gives us.

So Monogatari, Nichijou and Gintama are the best, confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom