• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gakkou Gurashi 02

The way this show mixes both the cute school stuff and the horrific zombie stuff is excelleNT, especially with how the MCs mental delusions come into play. I can see that ending in a very trajic way. Also I too believe that the Teacher isn't real, if only for the fact that she never interacts with the other girls when the MC is not present.

Is there a name for this type of mix of both moe and horror? It's so prevalent that I feel that there is one.

If you're curious on Miki's back story (although I suspect it'll be shown in a flashback at some point), you can scope out Chapters 10-12 of the manga.

They're pretty self-contained and won't spoil anything (the manga is currently up to Chapter 37).

Thanks, I am gonna wait and see if they show it in the Anime, I bet they will. Is the manga still ongoing?

Cornbread78

If you're curious on Miki's back story (although I suspect it'll be shown in a flashback at some point), you can scope out Chapters 10-12 of the manga.

They're pretty self-contained and won't spoil anything (the manga is currently up to Chapter 37).

I'll wait since they will likely adapt it later thus season. 2 questions though, does the manga continue this cute/dire balance throughout and is their more than enough material for 2 cours?

I'll wait since they will likely adapt it later thus season. 2 questions though, does the manga continue this cute/dire balance throughout and is their more than enough material for 2 cours?
This is a 1-cour, or at least that's what it says on MyAnimeList. Maybe a Season 2 could be possible though. Or an original ending. Either they all
die, or they all escape the school just to find out that the infection has spread worldwide.

Mandelbo

I'm glad that Gakkou Gurashi seems to have turned out well - I've yet to watch the second episode, but it seems like it's catching up to where I've read fairly quickly based on what I've heard. My only worry is that I hope it gets a conclusive ending since it looks as if the manga hasn't finished yet. If we get some cliffhanger or non-ending I am not gonna be impressed.

UberTag

Is there more than enough material for 2 cours? I'd say so easily. Although I'm not expecting more than 1 cour right now.

Episode 2 was pretty much a straight adaptation of manga chapters 2 & 3 (albeit with the added inclusions of
Miki and Taromaru
).

As for the cute/dire balance, I would suspect it'll transition slightly more towards the dire end of that scale as the show continues although both elements will continue to remain prevalent.

Yuki may be a headcase but fostering her imagined fantasy school life is largely what keeps all of these girls both sane and alive under otherwise trying circumstances.

I'm glad that Gakkou Gurashi seems to have turned out well - I've yet to watch the second episode, but it seems like it's catching up to where I've read fairly quickly based on what I've heard. My only worry is that I hope it gets a conclusive ending since it looks as if the manga hasn't finished yet. If we get some cliffhanger or non-ending I am not gonna be impressed.

A cliffhanger is most likely gonna happen because the manga is ongoing.

Plus most manga adaptations are basically a advertisement for the source material.

Mandelbo

Plus most manga adaptations are basically a advertisement for the source material.

I know... but I can still hope they pull a good ending out of the bag. It just seems that with a premise this good and with the show fostering such goodwill that it'd almost be a waste to not end it in a meaningful way. They have already slightly deviated from the manga at this point anyway, so they could still make broader changes to facilitate it.

Hanayamata 6

lB0IHQS.jpg

So despite being half-American and growing up in America, Hana still only gets a 61 in English? She should be schooling all her classmates!

Tuck

Darker then Black - 1
I saw someone here post about it, and I've heard of it before, so I figured I'd give it a try. It seemed pretty good. Several things up in the air/unexplained atm but I imagine that'll be cleared as they go. My only worry is that the show will take itself too seriously for its own good, but we'll see. Loses points for that one monotone character, but at least they gave a reason behind it.

Narag

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW SHIT

Here's to hoping the down to earth serious sections are still in. The comedy found its groove in the second half and all, but Bojack got real as fuck.

I love the theme song too. Made by the drummer of the Black Keys if I recall correctly. Bought it and listen to it regularly

Bojack got too real and I demand season two get so real that I spend Saturday in a dark room regretting all my life decisions.

Cornbread78

Is there more than enough material for 2 cours? I'd say so easily. Although I'm not expecting more than 1 cour right now.

Episode 2 was pretty much a straight adaptation of manga chapters 2 & 3 (albeit with the added inclusions of
Miki and Taromaru
).

As for the cute/dire balance, I would suspect it'll transition slightly more towards the dire end of that scale as the show continues although both elements will continue to remain prevalent.

Yuki may be a headcase but fostering her imagined fantasy school life is largely what keeps all of these girls both sane and alive under otherwise trying circumstances.

Sounds good, the survival aspect should be interesting to watch, knowing what we do now about the world they love in.

Hopefully, they have a plan for a second season and are just waiting to announce it, is there an upcoming end for the manga?

Animeisamistake.gif

I really hope we get a full story for this one and it's not, yet another, marketing and/or promotional anime thar has no ending. It makes watching so many of these stories so anticlimactic. .. I'll throw stuff, well, now I know I'm going to want to throw my Kindle or Vita depending on an S2 announcement.

UberTag

Hopefully, they have a plan for a second season and are just waiting to announce it, is there an upcoming end for the manga?
The manga doesn't seem to be building to any sort of climax right now.
Then again, sometimes it's hard to tell.
I thought that was the case for Dolls Fall as well and then it hastily wrapped itself up in 3 rapidfire chapters.

cajunator

Banned
Sounds like fun, but it does have the lowest MAL rating I'very ever seen, lol.

I just want to know whose rec So, I Can't Play H!'s was, lol.

That's what makes this one so unique and if they keep us on our toes trying to find answers on how they deal with her illness, this may be my anime of the season. It's both brutal and cute at the same time. They just need to keep this balance.

Well, Charlotte will be up there to battle it, lol.

MAL doesnt know a great thing when it sees it. Ultimate Girls is a parody, and a really effective one.

didn't realize I had two days in a row without anime.

Just two? Sometimes I go for weeks without!

:(

Game of Laplace 03

Oh man, I really shouldn't have watched this after Gakkou Gurashi. While not as dark as the previous eps its was still pretty bleak when you find out what the kidnapper does to the little girls. I feel really vad for the bagman. The MC does continue to worry me that he'll turn out to be crazier than the people he hunts down.

Expelled From Paradise

So this was alright. There's some kind of interesting things on transhumanism in here and the plot is decent enough but I think the most enthusiasm I can muster is "kind of" and "decent enough" but that's about what I expected because when this came out nobody seemed to care either way outside of Pixiv and doujin artists.

The standout thing about this movie is that it's mostly CGI. The CGI looks good, passable enough, especially in the final battle, although there still is that stiffness to movement, hair especially. Also cars, always the cars. It CG that is supposed to look like hand drawn animation which makes me wonder why they didn't just hand draw it because it would've looked better but whatever.

The main character Angela Balzac (lol) who uh, has some nice features and wears a bodysuit tighter then Asuka's in 2.22 with high heels that look like they belong on Jehuty is an agent for the Matrix and goes down to Dune because someone keeps hacking into the Matrix. The other main character, Dingo, is the rough and tumble Han Solo type. It's your typical story with one character being an elite serious business type and the other being more down to Earth (literally) and it works well enough but there's hardly any emotional depth and the movie spends a lot of time meandering about. Excuse the :firehawk-ing but it kind of reminded me of Jurassic World where the female character starts getting along with the male character's world for practically no reason whatsoever. Their relationship goes from business partners to friends pretty quick, although I'm pretty glad that they didn't shove any romance in there at the end.

From what I can tell the setting is on an abandoned Earth after most of humanity has gone to a place orbiting the Earth (I think) called Deva where you upload your consciousness to the system and is ruled by three gods (?) in the form of what looks like Yenma, Genesha and Zeus. Earth is in bad state, slightly better then post apocalyptic. Someone hacks Deva, so Angela has to go down and stop it and rendezvous with Dingo. The greater details like what the "Nano Hazard" which ruined the planet is and Deva themselves are actually all that important to this story itself. You can probably guess the reason why it's called Expelled from Paradise immediately but that didn't stop Angela from saying "NOW I KNOW HOW ADAM AND EVE FELT AFTER BEING...EXPELLED FROM PARADISE™!" which was pretty dorky.

The soundtrack was also pretty good. This would've been better if Angela kept her original short hair, fucking Urobotchi

I dunno it was ok.

Cornbread78

MAL doesnt know a great thing when it sees it. Ultimate Girls is a parody, and a really effective one.
:(

Sounds like fun. I added it to my MAL list for now.

I still want to know whose rec So, I Can't Play H! was, lol.

The manga doesn't seem to be building to any sort of climax right now.
Then again, sometimes it's hard to tell.
I thought that was the case for Dolls Fall as well and then it hastily wrapped itself up in 3 rapidfire chapters.

After the SNAFU ending this winter, I can tell I'm going to be pissed again when we get a promotional ending to this one as well, argh.

Expelled From Paradise
The standout thing about this movie is that it's mostly CGI. The CGI looks good, passable enough, especially in the final battle, although there still is that stiffness to movement, hair especially. Also cars, always the cars. It CG that is supposed to look like hand drawn animation which makes me wonder why they didn't just hand draw it because it would've looked better but whatever.

The promotion/gimmick of the film was that it was fully animated in CG and that it was available at the theatre and shortly after in mass retail.

lonely

I liked Expelled from Paradise enough to import it. And it was totally worth it just to get the chance to hear Shinichiro Miki sing again after his beautiful duet in Monigatari Second Season.

Rainy

Banned
Working'!! 13 (END)

Really enjoyed this Popura-centric finale since we don't get many episodes centered around just her. Also Maya actually talked in this episode!

Overall I think I actually liked this season more than the first one. Might be because it felt like there were less Inami-focused episodes.

Hope the third season is just as good, will start tonight.

Bakemonogateri 6

Well, this certainly has an interesting cast of characters so far. They all seem to have some kind of problem or mishap as well. And damn at that mollywhopping at the end. Kinda came outta nowhere.

God Eater 1

I like the unique visual style and there were some neat direction flourishes (though slow-motion was perhaps overused). But it all felt so empty. While I appreciate that this episode didn't get bogged down in lengthy exposition, the setting and characters are so generically sketched that it's impossible to have any interest in what's going on. If this had been a fast-paced movie with balls-to-the-walls action, it could perhaps have gotten away with that. But as a TV series with down-time as a necessity, there's no way it can sustain my interest.

Cornbread78

Bakemonogateri 6

Well, this certainly has an interesting cast of characters so far. They all seem to have some kind of problem or mishap as well. And damn at that mollywhopping at the end. Kinda came outta nowhere.

You haven't seen anything yet, lol. Sky is the limit with the Monogatari series....

John Blade

Because cajunator post his Anime collection, I just got some time to take a pic of my recent collection. This is all the anime I got after I took my last pic of my anime collection. I didn't add them in this pics as quite a few of them are in plastic container right now and will take too long to bring them out. So, this is from the Christmas sales till now.

cajunator

Banned
Because cajunator post his Anime collection, I just got some time to take a pic of my recent collection. This is all the anime I got after I took my last pic of my anime collection. I didn't add them in this pics as quite a few of them are in plastic container right now and will take too long to bring them out. So, this is from the Christmas sales till now.

Beautiful!

TUSR

Banned
Im not sure how Gintama does it, but Katsura and Gin's interactions haven't gotten old yet.

"its not zura, its katsura"

Kvik

Anyone else watching Akagami No Shirayuki-Hime (Snow White with Red Hair)?

First I thought this was going to be a reverse-harem (a la Akatsuki no Yona) but looks like it was going to a different direction. Also the ouji-sama seems cool.

Anyone else watching Akagami No Shirayuki-Hime (Snow White with Red Hair)?

First I thought this was going to be a reverse-harem (a la Akatsuki no Yona) but looks like it was going to a different direction. Also the ouji-sama seems cool.

I am. I'm definetly enjoying how good the show looks and the calm quiet atmosphere it has.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just saw the first episode of Prison School. The last 6-7 min were rushed like crazy but overall it was very enjoyable. I was iffy on Hana's voice at first until
her true colors came out
. Looking forward to next episode and will certainly buy the BDs when they are released.

faridmon

Darker then Black - 1
I saw someone here post about it, and I've heard of it before, so I figured I'd give it a try. It seemed pretty good. Several things up in the air/unexplained atm but I imagine that'll be cleared as they go. My only worry is that the show will take itself too seriously for its own good, but we'll see. Loses points for that one monotone character, but at least they gave a reason behind it.

The best Shonen action Anime is what you are about to watch. Enjoy it!

Gintama 179

...So if Jiraia wanted to be unrecognizable why did he burn off half his face and make himself look like Two-Face which is extremely recognizable?

Oh speaking of Two Face I beat Arkham Knight! The worst game in the trilogy! Fuck you Riddler!

Im not sure how Gintama does it, but Katsura and Gin's interactions haven't gotten old yet.

"its not zura, its katsura"

That line never gets old. Everyone's interactions in the series is always great even Shinpachi being the straight man never gets old as well.

Gintama 179

...So if Jiraia wanted to be unrecognizable why did he burn off half his face and make himself look like Two-Face which is extremely recognizable?

Oh speaking of Two Face I beat Arkham Knight! The worst game in the trilogy! Fuck you Riddler!

He burnt off his whole face not half of it so he could be able to change identities at will for his devotion.

Though he does look like Two-Face with half of his mask ripped off.

-Minsc-

Gate - 02

With the hints of harem-ness in the opening I'm ready to jump ship at a moments notice. For now it's smooth sailing. The Stargate-ish vibe is keeping me aboard.

Andrew J.

GATE 01-02

Wow, wasn't expecting this to be so entertaining. It reminds me of Outbreak Company, but with more focus on the military and the MC being a capable soldier. It's entertaining seeing a modern military just wrecking the shit out of a medieval army and the medieval army trying to figure out what the hell is happening. Hopefully the quality keeps up and it doesn't dissolve into harem shit.

It's going to dissolve into harem shit isn't it? The gothic lolita, the elf, the sorcerer, and the tsundere female soldier are all going to fall for the MC aren't they? Eh, at least he's a commander in the army and not some nice guy high school student.

Don't forget the princess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom