• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else watching Akagami No Shirayuki-Hime (Snow White with Red Hair)?

First I thought this was going to be a reverse-harem (a la Akatsuki no Yona) but looks like it was going to a different direction. Also the ouji-sama seems cool.

Im watching it as well and enjoying it a lot.

I've watched 3 movies in the theatre this year, Ex Machina, Mad Max and Inside Out. All of them were great. No popcorn or candy for me though, because macros :3

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
CKFlkS8VEAAxEu_.jpg:large
Portal reference.

Bakemonogatari 7 & 8

Ummm, holy shit at this girl's affliction and that fight. That was one of the most awesome looking bits of action I've seen. It was like art. Gotdamn.
I mean, she really went to town on homie's insides; literally.
Maaan, this show is awesome. I've enjoyed each episode so far, immensely.

And I forgot to mention before, but I really like the different OPs for each new character.

Gintama 180

So this was a pretty neat episode. Much better direction and animation then usual and some cool stylistic tricks. I like how a little bit of info was told on Gintoki's past, but not a lot. The rest can be inferred by Gintoki's anger directed toward's Jiraia's treatment of his student, which makes me think Gintoki and Tsukuyo have the same kind of master, or at least that Gintoki's master is similarly evil. Also I like how Tsukuyo was the one who killed Jiraia and not Gintoki.

Gangsta 3

PXJF534.jpg

She must be really sexually frustrated to consider a threesome lol.😌

I'm really loving how well they're doing the sign language segment with Nico so far. The Ending is goddamn good as well especially towards the end where Nico does a bit of sign language where it matches to what the song says. It was nice getting bits of information about Worick and Nico's past. We see bits of flashback on the suffering that had occurred in their past. It was great to see what Worick's real job is as a gigolo and that he really feels indifferent towards it. Like he doesn't even remember why he decided to become one. Usually Worick is portrayed as a carefree and relax individual but when that specific scene with the chick badmouthing Nic had occurred he showed another side to him. It really shows what kind of relationship he has with Nico. Good episode.

It seems Ginko from Mushishi is a Gangster.😆

Cornbread78

Bakemonogatari 7 & 8

Ummm, holy shit at this girl's affliction and that fight. That was one of the most awesome looking bits of action I've seen. It was like art. Gotdamn.
I mean, she really went to town on homie's insides; literally.
Maaan, this show is awesome. I've enjoyed each episode so far, immensely.

And I forgot to mention before, but I really like the different OPs for each new character.

You're almost to episode 12, which is by-far one of my favorite anime episodes ever. The visuals, the use of music, the settings, the tone, everything about it. I can't wait to see how you feel about that one..

God Eater - 01

Not sure if I want to keep watching this, the shading quality is unique and I like it so far. Issue is the show's premise itself; wielding big swords might be awesome but always looks stupid when you got people shooting big guns right next to them.

God Eater just reminds me how seriously some properties take themselves when you have a post apocalyptic world that is trying to be grim dark, and then you have the equivalent of the spartans all dressing in their own unique edgy style that they threw together from a bargain bin in Hot Topic.

Samurai Flamenco 12

This has gone in an unexpected direction. I can't help but feel that it's still not what it seems to be now though.

God Eater just reminds me how seriously some properties take themselves when you have a post apocalyptic world that is trying to be grim dark, and then you have the equivalent of the spartans all dressing in their own unique edgy style that they threw together from a bargain bin in Hot Topic.

Armor is meaningless. The only thing that does matter is style.

I just need to finish Yona of the Dawn tonight so I can get it off my plate. Not that I hate it or anything like that. I would just like to actually finish a show I promised I would finish by now.

Droplet

I don't understand why people keep trying to make sense of video game armor.

KazenY2J

Gakkou Gurashi 02:
I have a feeling the teacher is just a figment of Pink's imagination and the others are just acting along.

Zenfalcia

Gate - 02

With the hints of harem-ness in the opening I'm ready to jump ship at a moments notice. For now it's smooth sailing. The Stargate-ish vibe is keeping me aboard.
Story spoilers:
there's going to be a harem, with some harem situations later with the three girls in the OP, bountiful elf, gothic lolita girl, and sorcerer's apprentice girl. Please be excited for that.
Aww yeah. From the ED, it looks like she's going to be a Court-appointed herbalist(if there's such a thing).
Manga spoilers:
She totally becomes a herbalist in Zen's palace, because he would be reassured with her taking care of him. ;D
Teacher is totally dead guys. That's the part of her brain that instinctively tries to protect her.
The teacher can't possibly be behind that door where all the chairs are stacked up against! So, the teacher must be alive!

GATE - 01-02

I'm actually surprised how entertaining this anime is so far. It's so satisfying seeing modern military just completely wreck the medieval armies; it's like a visual spectacle of that commonly asked scenario of what would happen if one guy on a gatling gun suddenly faced off a group of Knights in plate armor.

I have to say though, whose dumbass idea coming from the medieval side was it to send an invasion force without scouting ahead first.

Anyways I hope the show continues strong like this and doesn't fall too much into the harem trope which is heavily hints at.

Majestic Prince 02-04
AszRKSZ.jpg

But two of the members are girls.

There's some fault in logic when you give emotion-driven robots to the supposed most emotional child soldiers in their child soldier academy, and then talk down to them while they're on a mission. Especially after they're already being blasted on galactic television for fucking up a previous mission.

Team Rabbits is pretty quirky and fun, but might get pretty boring if they don't move beyond their one-note personalities. Showed a bit of potential with regards to their wiped memories, so hopefully expands a bit more on it. So far, the CG has been vaguely better than most other shows, but nothing yet to live up to the praise of its CG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom