• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okusama 3

Alright. That licking scene um.

RYP3sTz.gif

phaze

Darker then Black - 1
I saw someone here post about it, and I've heard of it before, so I figured I'd give it a try. It seemed pretty good. Several things up in the air/unexplained atm but I imagine that'll be cleared as they go. My only worry is that the show will take itself too seriously for its own good, but we'll see. Loses points for that one monotone character, but at least they gave a reason behind it.

user222437_pic71490_12brbb.png

Temper your expectations when it comes to some of the bigger questions.

Gakkou Gurashi 02

They're in the last year of high school ? Moe has decidedly gone way to far.

Way too much of the former to suffer through for the few moments of
killing zombies and the more serious stuff.
Dropped for now.

Shin Mazinger 08-11
Baron Ashura is certainly an entertaining villain but after carrying the load and jobbing for so long, even he begins to lose his lustre. And now that he actually caught Kabuto, he's destined to job even more.

Dr. Evil and anime villains in general, should probably read a bit of Clausewitz before embarking on their world domination quests. Learning about concentration and main point of effort would do wonders for them.

Django's scenes in the delivery bus were hilarious.

fertygo

Was just about to type "so I just finished all of Mushishi" but checked MAL just do be 100% sure and no...apparently there's Mushishi Zoku Shou 2nd season?!?!?

poSFnwu.gif

Pretty sure its referring to the 2nd cour, although we still can't watch the last episode they shifted for theatrical release.

phaze

Was just about to type "so I just finished all of Mushishi" but checked MAL just do be 100% sure and no...apparently there's Mushishi Zoku Shou 2nd season?!?!?

poSFnwu.gif
tumblr_mnyfd9eswf1sq9crubl.gif

They probably just mean second cour ? Wiki lists 20 episodes for Zoku.

As someone mentioned here, there was also a movie released in theaters more or less recently.

EdIt: Beaten.

There is apparently a live action Mushishi movie. Go watch that. ;p

tumblr_mnyfd9eswf1sq9crubl.gif

They probably just mean second cour ? Wiki lists 20 episodes for Zoku.

As someone mentioned here, there was also a movie released in theaters more or less recently.

For what it's worth, that just net me a new Mayaka gif. So not all is bad!

edit:
So if that movie gets a theatrical release, will that mean even better visuals? Not like the background art can be improved upon much but actual animation improvements never hurt.

Watch ARIA yo :D

Is that known to kill people or why?

I heard the name but know little else about it.

Szadek

What are the supposedly best animes of the last 2 seasons?
I just want to make sure that I didn't miss anything important.

phaze

It's not like there's consensus on those things here. Hibike Euphonium was seemingly the most well received so far. From Wintery you might want to check out: Death Parade, Yatterman Night, Yuri Kuma Arashi, from summer:Blood Blockade Battlefront, Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, or my personal pitch GitS Arise: Alternative Architecture which seemingly no one was watching. (swap first 2 episodes to the end should you decide to give it a try.) Neither of those things (haven't seen Euphonium) was particularly great or even very good but I'd say they were the highlights.

Noragami S2 PV

I smell sharp edges. Me likey.

phaze

edit:
So if that movie gets a theatrical release, will that mean even better visuals? Not like the background art can be improved upon much but actual animation improvements never hurt.

[Mushishi]

The movie was released in theaters on May 16, and will be included in the last video volume of the series, due for release on July 22.

All I know. I doubt there was a very substantial bump in production values if they just pack it with the last volume.

OreGairu S2 for sure. Plastic Memories had good reception as well, but I can't give any recommendation for that as I didn't watch it.
Other than that, the other noteworthy ones was already mention by others, so start from there.

GitS was ok thought

Cornbread78

OreGairu S2 for sure. Plastic Memories had good reception as well, but I can't give any recommendation for that as I didn't watch it.
Other than that, the other noteworthy ones was already mention by others, so start from there.

GitS was ok thought

Those two were my favs last season along with Danmachi and Etotama.

KazenY2J

Hibike Euphonium
Kekkai Sensen
Ore Monogatari
Shokugeki no Souma
Death Parade
Danmachi
Plastic Memories
Oregairu S2

jgminto

SCHOOL-LIVE! 2
That's some quality suffering, alright. The use of distortion and darkness along with strong sound design elevated this episode quite a bit. I wasn't expecting such good tension-building music either.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah but Im@s is today!

Oh shit it is?
I completely forgot! Hopefully Koume and Syoko are more featured and Mirei shows up!

Game of Laplanc would be so much better without that stupid "girl" boy. God damn it.

Also today is Megumi day, Soma will have a new OP too!

Megumi day is a glorious day!

edit:

Is that known to kill people or why?

I heard the name but know little else about it.

Aria is a very calming show. There are 4 seasons already and its an absolutely beautiful looking series about some young gondoliers on a fictional planet.

3 sets in total , right ?

Yup.
Im getting used to it already. Both releases so far have been absolutely stellar. I love what Pony Canyon is doing!

Cornbread78

My Wife is the Student Council Preseident ep.3
Lewdness aside, even for a short this one is pretty funny and cute. Holding hands went away for me even before I got married, oh well, I didn't need it to have fun, lol.

So, I Can't Play H! ep2-6:

tumblr_m76hpnuNeQ1rao0vlo1_500.gif

First off, don't bother with the stream of this; only watch if you have the Blu-Ray version and you really like ecchi stuff. It's maddening when you try to watch a battle scene and half the action is full of black bars and light marks. Seriously, it's not hentai Crunchy...
With that aside, the story has been pretty interesting and the action pretty cool, so there's that as well. The whole pervyness thing is kind of dying down now that he is building a small harem and the plot is progressing in a differnt direction. It's unfortunate that yet again, the childhood friend is the best character but as always she won't win, lol. Oh well, I'll pick back up on this at some point. It was a "close my eyes" and hit play pick yesterday anyway...

Nice episode, I guess that the dynamic is gonna change due to summer vacation, making it harder to justify living in the school. I also like how the OP changed to deal with the revelations from the first episode.
Finally I'm now 99% sure that Megu-nee
is a fabrication in Yuki's head due to the following:
* During the meal at the beginning there is only 4 glasses of water on the table.
* When going above the baricade, only the four of them are there and Miki says that they "are all on the wrong side of the barricade at once..."
* On the first corner after the baricade both Kurumi and Yuuri looks down the hallway without reacting but when Yuki turns around a few seconds later she can see Megu
* Because only Yuki can see her, the rest of the group just plays along. This is also why Yuuri "cuts" her and announce the game rules ASAP, so that Yuki won't invent anything dangerous in her mind.
* When finding Yuki in the library, at no moment does the other 3 worry about Megu's safety, and they finally "speak" to her once Yuki talks about her
* Finally when going back up, Megu is gone

phaze

Damn, didn't know we were getting a S2! That's awesome.

Will it be an original story, since I hear it diverged from the manga torwards the ending?

Really enjoyed season 1. Hoping for more Lotus Juice <3

Eeeeh, are they changing the godlike ending too? I don't like this D:

Have not read the manga but since it seems to be going back to the bishamon stuff, I imagine it will be canon material.

Damn, didn't know we were getting a S2! That's awesome.

Will it be an original story, since I hear it diverged from the manga torwards the ending?

Really enjoyed season 1. Hoping for more Lotus Juice <3

The anime original ending of S1 was more like a filler arc, it doesnt diverge from the manga.

S2 is an adaptation from the 2nd arc of the manga. Dont know if there will be anime original content

Gbraga

Maybe it's going to be even better, stay positive!

Not possible :C

At least not this episode. The first ending is so good that I'm sure I won't really like the new one at first, even if it's indeed better.

KyoAni da bes

Asuka in summer clothes > Asuka in a swimsuit, tho.

Have not read the manga but since it seems to be going back to the bishamon stuff, I imagine it will be canon material.

The anime original ending of S1 was more like a filler arc, it doesnt diverge from the manga.

S2 is an adaptation from the 2nd arc of the manga. Dont know if there will be anime original content

Oh, I see, that's pretty interesting. Bishamon <3

God Eater just reminds me how seriously some properties take themselves when you have a post apocalyptic world that is trying to be grim dark, and then you have the equivalent of the spartans all dressing in their own unique edgy style that they threw together from a bargain bin in Hot Topic.

Stop. Their outfits are great and insignia for the unit is really fashionable. I hope they sell them Id put it on my bags.

And best lead of the season.

I don't understand why people keep trying to make sense of video game armor.

it's not even about video game armor. At least have a uniform, like the military does. Heck even Attack on Titan has that short shorts uniform. The point is they're supposed to be the main line of defense and they look like fashion rejects.

Reknoc

it's not even about video game armor. At least have a uniform, like the military does. Heck even Attack on Titan has that short shorts uniform. The point is they're supposed to be the main line of defense and they look like fashion rejects.

there's only so much you can do when one item of clothing takes like 20 rare items from some ugly lion monster.

Cornbread78

Nice episode, I guess that the dynamic is gonna change due to summer vacation, making it harder to justify living in the school. I also like how the OP changed to deal with the revelations from the first episode.
Finally I'm now 99% sure that Megu-nee
is a fabrication in Yuki's head due to the following:
* During the meal at the beginning there is only 4 glasses of water on the table.
* When going above the baricade, only the four of them are there and Miki says that they "are all on the wrong side of the barricade at once..."
* On the first corner after the baricade both Kurumi and Yuuri looks down the hallway without reacting but when Yuki turns around a few seconds later she can see Megu
* Because only Yuki can see her, the rest of the group just plays along. This is also why Yuuri "cuts" her and announce the game rules ASAP, so that Yuki won't invent anything dangerous in her mind.
* When finding Yuki in the library, at no moment does the other 3 worry about Megu's safety, and they finally "speak" to her once Yuki talks about her
* Finally when going back up, Megu is gone

Good observations. It's unfortunate, but this is definately an anime case of schizophrenia from PTSD. The balance betwain despair and cute was amazing in that episode, let's see if they can keep it up...

It's a fictitious world anyway. I never think too much about stuff like that. They have giant monsters eating buildings. I find that more questionable than their fashion sense, or wristband that gives them superpowers :p I mean look at superheroes. Why the heck do they need to wear tacky ass suits to save people? Same reasoning

Hibike! Euphonium
Ore Monogatari
Shokugeki no Souma
Plastic Memories
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Your Lie in April
(people always forget this show concluded in the Winter Season in March; 2 seasons ago and still my AotY so far)

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 5

I think I started playing way after this season, but wow some of the rules are baffling. Yugi playing Polymerization on Insector Haga's turn, it was quick play spell at some point?

Great conclusion.Ill miss his faces
CKHe9gRUkAEMGoP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom