• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama 184

hYlrazZ.jpg
h0AhWDq.jpg
QMhR5Pa.jpg

Why is Hasegawa not in the dirt?

Amazing. This whole arc was amazing, my favorite arc yet. I await the serious arc Otae gets involved in. I swear she's the actual strongest character in the series.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gintama 184

Amazing. This whole arc was amazing. I await the serious arc Otae gets involved in. I swear she's the actual strongest character in the series.
With some tweaks, Four Devas could be the best arc of the series. Although even as is, it's probably the best arc of the series. lol

With some tweaks, Four Devas could be the best arc of the series. Although even as is, it's probably the best arc of the series. lol

Honestly I thought Courtesan of a Nation arc was on par with 4 Devas arc. Then again 4 Devas had a God Tier Ending song by Spyair.

Also we still have to wait for the other good arcs that haven't been animated from the manga yet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly I thought Courtesan of a Nation arc was on par with 4 Devas arc. Then again 4 Devas had a God Tier Ending song by Spyair.

Also we still have to wait for the other good arcs that haven't been animated from the manga yet.
That ED combined with the final images of that arc still make me cry, even though I've seen the episode like dozens of times.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah it was pretty emotional for me as well. But man that fight between Gintoki and Jirocho in the arc was amazing.
I'm sure they're never going to do movie versions of arcs again ala Benizakara Hen, but I kind of wish they gave it the movie treatment to up the budget on the stuff that happens in the final two episodes.

I'm sure they're never going to do movie versions of arcs again ala Benizakara Hen, but I kind of wish they gave it the movie treatment to up the budget on the stuff that happens in the final two episodes.

Speaking of Gintama Movies, they still haven't released the second movie for the West. I've already bought the first movie and I'm still waiting for the second one.

Rokka no Yuusha 03

Want to know what's really going on, if this whole thing of the braves killing one another is true. Hopefully we get answers next week.

Linkark07

Banned
Working!!! ep3

You are wrong Takanashi, Yamada is way more cute than Taneshima.

Ehm, back on topic, finally, Satou did it. Some romantic progression. Let's see how this goes.

And Souma is... really his friend or not? Doesn't matter, couldn't stop laughing in this episode.

Working!!! S3 3

Yyyyyeeeeesssss!!! Finally some progression in this show!

I mean, who knows how they will progress from here as they can totally backtrack from this progression, but I hope next weeks episode continues this tale and progresses it to the point were we can have some closure on
Satou and the Chief's relationship!

Hyouka - 4

Four episodes in and I gotta say, I'm just so...absorbed in this show's mysteries. Like, they all feel so inconsequential yet at the same time so engaging.

It's probably due to the fact that this show shows a good amount of restraint for what it is. I mean, nothing overly dramatic is happening and it's not going "full anime" by showing crazy reaction faces, being very loud, or exhibiting many other tropes one usually finds in LN adaptations.

It's just going about and doing its own thing, and the more pieces of the puzzle the crew works on get put together, the more I want to see the whole picture get completed.

That's always a good thing to have when it comes to me and mystery shows, so I'm very glad the show has that down.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka - 4

Four episodes in and I gotta say, I'm just so...absorbed in this show's mysteries. Like, they all feel so inconsequential yet at the same time so engaging.

It's probably due to the fact that this show shows a good amount of restraint for what it is. I mean, nothing overly dramatic is happening and it's not going "full anime" by showing crazy reaction faces, being very loud, or exhibiting many other tropes one usually finds in LN adaptations.

It's just going about and doing its own thing, and the more pieces of the puzzle the crew works on get put together, the more I want to see the whole picture get completed.

That's always a good thing to have when it comes to me and mystery shows, so I'm very glad the show has that down.

Misaki eventually shows up and makes it awesome.
i want to slap Mayaka though. Shes the worst.

Hyouka - 4

Seeing your impressions so far is really making me want to revisit this show, I feel like it's been long enough since I watched it. Wonder if it'll still be as high as it is on my list of favourite shows after a second run.

Also Mayaka was great okay.

tumblr_mnyfd9EswF1sq9yswo1_1280.gif

Bakemonogatari 13
The 4th wall stuff and radio jokes were great. Also, the return of HaNekowa.

Bakemonogatari 14

This HaNekowa cuteness is too much, I tell ya. Too much. Also, tsundere service. Anyway, poor Hanekawa. A love Jones ain't no joke. And speaking of joneses, it's time to listen to a classic.

https://youtu.be/xiBR6NC8pT4

Man, I love that soundtrack. I've still got the cassette tape.

Bakemonogatari 15 (fin)

That was great. Yet more dope bits of action, and another (extremely brief) look at what happened in the past.
Shinobu was an adult in that short flashback, but she's a kid now. I guess the other vampires did something to her?

In the
fight with HaNekowa, spirit kitty wanted to be surpressed again? That's why she told him to stand in the light? Unless I'm misunderstanding things here. Either way, that was a cool way to conclude things. Shinobu was awesome!

I wonder where Oshino disappeared off to.

----

What an amazing anime. The music, art, animation, characters, the way in which the story is told, the overall presentation; just everything was great.

Edit: Oh man, that Gintama MS paint op is amazing.

Cornbread78

Charlotte ep.3
Excellent episode again this week. I keep seeing that this show is going to suck for the first 6 weeks, but it has been pretty good so far with a mixture of fun, some action, some mystery as well as some comedy. Hell, although a minor one, that confession scene was done pretty well. Also, we finally met the other big player from all the promo, do it'll be interesting with her in the fold going forward.

Roka, ep.3
Well, there is no taming the gun chick, huh? She's a mystery still and I can't wait to find out what the hell her problem is any why everyone thinks she's the killer. .. They finally meet and she was right at what was going to occur... Gonna be a crazy ride..

Misaki eventually shows up and makes it awesome.
i want to slap Mayaka though. Shes the worst.

I remembered your hatred of her going into this, and I have to say, I'm not really getting it.

I mean, she's not exactly 100% positive, but it's just part of her character. She's not doing anything that's really making me go: "Wow, RUDE" like Erina from Soma.

cajunator

Banned
I remembered your hatred of her going into this, and I have to say, I'm not really getting it.

I mean, she's not exactly 100% positive, but it's just part of her character. She's not doing anything that's really making me go: "Wow, RUDE" like Erina from Soma.

Erina is simply the worst.
Alice got all the awesome traits in that family tree.

Shes elitist and a bitch.
basically everything I dont like.
i will give her slight credit for her cute cosplay of Akko-chan but she ruins that with shit taste in manga.

I don't exactly get this either.

Erina from Soma is an elitist. Constantly putting others down, talking about perfection, and how failure is unacceptable and the very idea of learning from failure is absurd.

Mayaka on the other hand, is more of a rival if anything else. It's clear that she doesn't hold Oreki in high regard, but she's not exactly calling him filth or anything. In episode 4, she even admitted that Oreki was right about his findings. She didn't want to admit it, but she admitted it nonetheless.

Like, she's not my favourite character, but she's ten times more likeable then harem anime tsundere #3902.

cajunator

Banned
I don't exactly get this either.

Erina from Soma is an elitist. Constantly putting others down, talking about perfection, and how failure is unacceptable and the very idea of learning from failure is absurd.

Mayaka on the other hand, is more of a rival if anything else. It's clear that she doesn't hold Oreki in high regard, but she's not exactly calling him filth or anything. In episode 4, she even admitted that Oreki was right about his findings. She didn't want to admit it, but she admitted it nonetheless.

Like, she's not my favourite character, but she's ten times more likeable then harem anime tsundere #3902.

You can like her all you want. I cant stand her
*shrugs

some people dont like Hajime in Gatchaman cause of her genkiness. I cant force them to like her either.

Gintama 182

This episode is brilliant, so glad this is an arc. What better way to use the 180 episodes of buildup for all the characters and their traits then an arc about a popularity poll? It's genius. I also love it they added the numbers to the ED as well.

That top 5, I have been watching a show about pretty boy samurai for fujoshi all along! You wanna talk about screentime, Takesugi has been in like 4 episodes!

Gintama 184

Amazing. This whole arc was amazing, my favorite arc yet. I await the serious arc Otae gets involved in. I swear she's the actual strongest character in the series.

The popularity poll arc is one of the strongest gintama arcs , not th best but one of the funniest ..
Also nobody made as many 4th wall jokes as there was in this arc. amazing on all front as the culmination of 180+episodes of develloppement. for all the characters.
It's something to remember.

More like shit incarnate.

Too bad Hisako is a million times superior than Erina. It sucks that she puts herself that low in front of Erina even though everything about her is pretty much better than Erina.

Hisako's interactions with Soma definitely showed why she's the best girl especially when she isn't in Erina's circle.

cajunator

Banned

Too bad Hisako is a million times superior than Erina. It sucks that she puts herself that low in front of Erina even though everything about her is pretty much better than Erina.

Hisako's interactions with Soma definitely showed why she's the best girl especially when she isn't in Erina's circle.

Basically everyone is better in Soma.
Sometimes a character just hits my shitlist and they are basically stuck there for life.

Hisako was just as bad before her arc where she was forced to interact with Soma. Following the same logic, Erina will be best as soon she gets similar development.

Hisako was such a nothing character until one moment later on and then
when she had to team up with Soma
she is better now.

Before she was just "Erina-sama~~~" and nothing else

Basically everyone is better in Soma.
Sometimes a character just hits my shitlist and they are basically stuck there for life.

I mean I understand that characters can develop to be a better character, but for some reason what Erina did in the very beginning of the series rubbed me in a bad way. If it weren't for Erina's grandfather, Soma would of been kicked out of the school for no reason. Yeah I know people can change and everything but that seriously left a bad taste in my mouth. You could say she's gotten better in the manga, but I still detest her character.

Alice is the better Nakiri.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
as if we needed more proof that Mayaka is the best~

what Cajun is referring to is the manga club arc, where Mayaka pretty much beasts all over the "everything is good if you like it~" crowd, so yeah

Hisako was just as bad before her arc where she was forced to interact with Soma. Following the same logic, Erina will be best as soon she gets similar development.

Hisako was such a nothing character until one moment later on and then
when she had to team up with Soma
she is better now.

Before she was just "Erina-sama~~~" and nothing else

See that's the problem, it's the Erina influence. When she finally wasn't stuck with Erina it made her a much much better character. The real problem is Erina herself.

Oh well it's not like this argument is gonna get us anywhere. You either like Erina or just don't.

cajunator

Banned
I mean I understand that characters can develop to be a better character, but for some reason what Erina did in the very beginning of the series rubbed me in a bad way. If it weren't for Erina's grandfather, Soma would of been kicked out of the school for no reason. Yeah I know people can change and everything but that seriously left a bad taste in my mouth. You could say she's gotten better in the manga, but I still detest her character.

Alice is the better Nakiri.

Pretty much yeah.
there was no reason for Erina to be that ridiculous.
Shes not THAT great of a chef even.

Pretty much yeah.
there was no reason for Erina to be that ridiculous.
Shes not THAT great of a chef even.

She's actually one of the best Chef in the school and in the 10th seat of the Elite Ten Council. However there are better chefs than her, but she's still one of the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom