• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shes not THAT great of a chef even.

She is actually the best first year and pretty much completely unrivaled by other first years by quite the wide margin and the only first year in the Elite 10 so lol

There are better chefs in the school but not in her bracket. Like she has reason to be elitist, everything is so stacked in her favor it's ridiculous.

-Grandfather runs the school
-Nakiri family, extremely rich
-Best of the first years
-God's Tongue
-Elite Ten

Which is why she's paired against Soma who is pretty much the complete opposite

I came into this season hearing that GATE was going to be the MVP and that Rokka was trash.

GATE so very has been very okay and Rokka has been surprisingly good. Not fantastic, but above average at least.

cajunator

Banned
She is actually the best first year and pretty much completely unrivaled by other first years by quite the wide margin and the only first year in the Elite 10 so lol

There are better chefs in the school but not in her bracket. Like she has reason to be elitist, everything is so stacked in her favor it's ridiculous.

-Grandfather runs the school
-Nakiri family, extremely rich
-Best of the first years
-God's Tongue
-Elite Ten

Which is why she's paired against Soma who is pretty much the complete opposite

Ill put it this way. She got outshone by her cousin.
But anyway like you said, she is basically using cheat codes.

Michiko and Hatchin 04

Yeah, not feeling this show as much as I would've thought beforehand. Right now the uniqueness in the setting and characters are what is carrying it, not the stories. The ending to this episode was good, however.

The music is pretty good though.

OceanBlue

Yay, it seems like episode 4 of Working is going to be about Inami! At least the preview gave that impression lol. Hopefully something happens like in episode 3 (which was completely unexpected by the way).

Lain

Symphogear GX 3

On one hand I understand Hibiki, but on the other hand her wish to settle things through talks after what the other side has already done is a bit too... childish?
Gotta say that I liked the way the episode ended because it gives a bit more depth to the contrast between what Hibiki should do and her mental state right now as her
Symphogear is basically not recognizing her as its rightful user, or the person the gear would lend its power to
. Though, since the Hibiki I like is the crazy one that's kicking ass and taking names and doing the impossible, I hope she snaps back into shape for episode 4.

trejo

You people really never get tired of having the same old tired arguments about Hyouka over and over again, huh?

Gotta admire that dogged stubborness if nothing else.

Cornbread78

So, I Can't Play H! Ep.6-END
Ecchi, Harem, Ecchi, Ecchi and yeah, failed attempt at romance. Like I said before, this is the first censored anime I've watched where the black bars are truly distracting at times. This was some stupid censoring decision to put the black bars across the entire screen, seriously, annoying and distracting. With that being said, the story and world were both very interesting. They got rid of the boner gimmick pretty quick as the tone changed in a big way halfway through. Even with the flaws on this, I still found myself extremely engaged in it and liked forward to seeing the story through, quickly.

Don't know if this is the right place, but I just watched "Paprika"

My response: "wat"

Paprika is a really odd film, but it's also a really good one. Can be kind of hard to wrap your head around. If you are intrigued you should check out some other Satoshi Kon works.

Edit: Is Dreaming Machine ever coming out? Didn't the co-director swear he would finish it?

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 4
jojo4frogpunch.jpg

I figured it was only a matter of time before
Jack the Ripper
was brought into this only to be
destroyed by the end of the episode.

And naturally a Sensei would come out of nowhere to teach Jojo how to be awesome by... breathing...? Don't question it Pshyco... Just go with it. Last time you questioned something you were destroyed for not going along with it.

But honestly this show doesn't take itself too seriously which makes it a fun watch and super enjoyable.

Song in OP and ED are great. OP animation is growing on me. ED animation is not.

Gintama 185

Mayonnaise is fucking disgusting.

And naturally a Sensei would come out of nowhere to teach Jojo how to be awesome by... breathing...? Don't question it Pshyco... Just go with it. Last time you questioned something you were destroyed for not going along with it.

Hamon is life energy. You need to breathe to live. Makes sense to me.

Should I watch Patema Inverted? I thought it was part of a series but I guess not. It looks like it got good reviews but I thought most people hated it.

edit: CR has Akagi now, daily reminder to watch Akagi

Mandelbo

Any recommendations in particular?

Just watched Perfect Blue the other day and it was fantastic, so you should definitely give that a try.

Symphogear 04

Eeeeeh, too much seriousness and melodrama in this episode, not enough silliness. I did think it was a bit funny when Tsubasa turned around and was
bleeding from every orifice
though.

cajunator

Banned
You should check out Satoshi Kon's other films, they're much better than Paprika.

MILLENNIUM ACTRESS

Should I watch Patema Inverted? I thought it was part of a series but I guess not. It looks like it got good reviews but I thought most people hated it.

edit: CR has Akagi now, daily reminder to watch Akagi

Patema Inverted is predictable but really adorable. Absolutely fell in love with it!

Majestic Prince 05-06

Shenanigans and a successful mission for once, although securing their first actual victory in the war probably means more bad than good. Really enjoyed episode 6 though, a decent cooldown episode with the team seemingly growing closer, along with flashbacks of how they first met. Something like this is good every now and then.

Asterisk War cast and OP/ED

http://asterisk-war.com/#cast_staff
Atsushi Tamaru as "Ayato Amagiri"
Ai Kakuma as "Julis-Alexia von Riessfelt"
Nao Toyama as "Claudia Enfield"
Shiori Izawa as "Saya Sasamiya"
Ari Ozawa as "Kirin Todo"

OP Theme by Shiena Nishizawa
ED Theme by Maaya Sakamoto

And this will be first MF Bunko J show got 2 cour(total 22 episode), why the hell is Aniplex push this so hard anyway.

Articalys

Going to shill the this again now that people are talking about Satoshi Kon. Really good short video analysis about his editing.
Yeah, that guy has great videos. He also has another one that, while not entirely about anime, does use a neat scene from Wolf Children as a springboard to talk about tracking shots.
Didn't realize he had a Vimeo account all this time; thought his stuff was only on YouTube.

Saudades

Edit: Is Dreaming Machine ever coming out? Didn't the co-director swear he would finish it?
Didn't Jarmel said something about it in his AX writeup? Can't remember exactly tho. Other than that it's as dead as Despera.
Any recommendations in particular?
I think all of his movies are worth watching, but if I were to rank them it'd be Millennium Actress > Perfect Blue > Paprika > Tokyo Godfathers. Again, they are all different and good in their own way so you should watch them all if you can.
You wat m8, Dogakobo next show is Hidan no Aria AA

http://blog.mediafactory.co.jp/mfbunkoj/?p=944
Great, more talent wasting.
Yeah, that guy has great videos. He also has another one that, while not entirely about anime, does use a neat scene from Wolf Children as a springboard to talk about tracking shots.
Didn't realize he had a Vimeo account all this time; thought his stuff was only on YouTube.
Heard on Twitter that it's because his YT videos got taken down for copyright materials/footage or smth. Such a shame, I really like his work too.

Ascheroth

Shin Mazinger Z 2

The opening is great.
So this is the actual beginning of the story. We learn about Kojiros circumstances and some of the characters from last episode are formally introduced here. I like Kojiro as the protagonist, he is the hot-blooded but kind guy who snaps if you're badmouthing something dear to him, in his case his grandfather.
Even though this was an introduction episode mainly, lots of crazy stuff is going down and it was never boring. The classy soundtrack also does a great job hyping things up. I'm expecting a lot of asses being kicked next episode, now that Kojiro got his robot, and I'm looking forward to it :)

hWNoXVT.png
zfDVmI0.png

Apparently, being a badass runs in the family.

cajunator

Banned
Didn't Jarmel said something about it in his AX writeup? Can't remember exactly tho. Other than that it's as dead as Despera.

I think all of his movies are worth watching, but if I were to rank them it'd be Millennium Actress > Perfect Blue > Paprika > Tokyo Godfathers. Again, they are all different and good in their own way so you should watch them all if you can.

Great, more talent wasting.

Heard on Twitter that it's because his YT videos got taken down for copyright materials/footage or smth. Such a shame, I really like his work too.

I like you and I like your anime tastes!

phaze

Misaki eventually shows up and makes it awesome.
i want to slap Mayaka though. Shes the worst.

Such an annoying character, I hate her.

Stahp.

Bakemonogatari 15 (fin)

That was great. Yet more dope bits of action, and another (extremely brief) look at what happened in the past.
Shinobu was an adult in that short flashback, but she's a kid now. I guess the other vampires did something to her?

In the
fight with HaNekowa, spirit kitty wanted to be surpressed again? That's why she told him to stand in the light? Unless I'm misunderstanding things here. Either way, that was a cool way to conclude things. Shinobu was awesome!

IIRC,
She told him to stand in the light so that he would give off no shadow. And consequently, so that Shinobu, who was hiding there, wouldn't be able to help him.

So, I Can't Play H! Ep.6-END

Did you drop F/Z again ? I'll not stop tormenting you until you finish it ! You were just getting to the good parts too !

Shin Mazinger Z 21
143595409868822r8v.gif

I imagine that would be Shirou's face were he to watch this episode.
And his sacred "people die when they're killed" rule getting broken time and time again.

How Hidan no Aria gets a sequel but not Index S3?

edit: Oh, it's a spinoff.

I'm scared to see an Index S3 happenning , just because of the arcs it has to adapt And how rushed it will be in only 25 eps.

Still seeing accelerator kicking ass is welcome but ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom