• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonely

Robot Girls Z+
MtZ9TCL.png

A hero we can all aspire to be like.

Cornbread78

Kotoura-san ep.1-2
Wow, first 10 mins of this are pretty damn brutal the way they go over her horrific background story. They really make you feel for her after everything Kotoura has been through. Some very good comedy and cute moments since. This should be fun.

Charlotte 3

Good episode. I liked that ending credits. I guess that was Misa?

Ayane Sakura tho <3 I want her to read me all my emails and news reports.

God Eater 2

I'm really digging this. The music is great. The artstyle is unique and I'm really liking the creature designs. The action and everything else is pretty standard fare so far, but that's not a bad thing. Russian chick seems like she's gonna be a badass.

Mandelbo

Kotoura-san ep.1-2
Wow, first 10 mins of this are pretty damn brutal the way they go over her horrific background stiry. They really make you feel for her after everything Kotoura has been through. Some very good comedy and cure moments since. This should be fun.

Kotoura-san is certainly quite the trip. Definitely not the kind of show I was expecting it to be; that whole opening sequence is a very good indicator of how dark it gets, especially in one of the later scenarios.

God Eater Episode 2

Wow what a fantastic episode and surprising too.
Lenka getting knocked out but saving Eric but then Eric turning back and saving him at the cost of his own life. I didnt think they would get that serious that fast. Lenka better be inspired

Everyone is perfect, and I need more Tatsumi.

Lenka gets the best music too though, second time in God Eater when he stands and walks and the best song of the episode plays, and how he looks too. I hope we get lots of Lenka cosplays.

Symphogear G - 04

9Z7Gwm6.gif

Yeeeeeeeeees she did the break dance! I can die happy now. Already better than the first season, 10/10. I love how the batman cape itself is a weapon
That 'stare' girl has a weird gear, like it throws saw blades and can transform into some kind of spinning wheel.
Chris is love, Chris is life.

Szadek

God Eater Ep 02
The combat scenes are really bad and are the characters super boring.
Plus, I really don't like the artsyle.
Also,
Whathisface death scene was hilariously bad.
We know nothing about him, the way he died made very little sense and the line from the other guy was incredibly stupid.

I will be generous and give the show 1 more episode to convinve me, but chances are I will drop the show soon.

Finished Season 2 of Legend of the Galactic Heroes
This was a really good season, in term of story,character as well as space battles.
The war is finally over, let's see what happens next.
Last few episode were a bit anticlimactic,but not enough to hurt my overall feelings of the show.

I guess now is the time for Rubinsky and the Grand Bishop to shine.

Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!

Exalted

God Eater 2

So far its great. The story is't really super unique, but everything else stands out.
Really like the artsytle , animations, they make for some great combat scenes.
Its the best action anime of this season, with the best animations.

John Blade

EMA-Youre-Under-Arrest-Mini-Specials-05-08-DVD-480p-10bit_03.jpg

Well, another You're Under Arrest show just done in my collection and I gotta to say, I don't know if I am not in the right mood to watch this show as my impression felt short of the standard of what I expected from the series.

I notice they isn't any special charm or spark which I feel when watching the 1st season in this show. The cause is coming down the format of the show. As a 5 minutes format, you don't really have enough time to allow a structure of story and pacing which you get from a 20 minutes show. What we get is a fairly straightforward setup story and a punchline format. Basically, you don't get any character development from the main character you love from the show.

As for story in this special, what we got most of the time are literally perverts, panty thieves, and peeping toms and it's rinse and repeat over and over (it's basically 80% of the show). They're few stories that break the sexual stuff but even those are far few in the special. I kinda wish they mixed it up a bit and toned down the sexual stuff a bit as it get boring. I guess if you like ecchi stuff, then those sexual stuff might be fun for you.

For the animation, it's mix of early CG animation (aka: hand drawn animation scan into the computer and computerize it) and hand drawn. Fortunately, majority of the animation in this special are hand drawn (like 85%) while the rest is CG. Not saying the CG look bad but it does look odd when you're mixing it with the hand drawn look like from the TV show. Still, when they did use the CG animation, it have this simple and basic look which isn't too detail and feel a bit like it's someone 1st year project work. This show in one short where it's mostly in CG.

Also, I don't like how they alter some of the character in the show. The big one I see is Natsumi have a fear in ghost and monster. Not saying I don't like Natsumi to be scared from ghost or monster stories, but they didn't explain the reason why she is scared of those and in the TV show, they're situation where they did talk about ghost stories and from those episode, Natsumi wasn't scared at all.

I guess it will come to this. If you're not a fan of the series and want to watch this show, I won't recommend it as they isn't much to watch here unless you like ecchi stuff and even if you do like it, how often they repeat it, you will get bored of the joke. If you're a semi-fan of the show, I still won't consider watching this special as you're not missing much as it didn't help develop the character you love in the TV show. If you still want to watch it, then watch this once you finish the entire series.

Cornbread78

Kotoura-san is certainly quite the trip. Definitely not the kind of show I was expecting it to be; that whole opening sequence is a very good indicator of how dark it gets, especially in one of the later scenarios.

Damn, even after ep.2 it's pretty brutal, this will be another one where the heroine will continue to get shit on by the world around her. I guess there are no cute and comfy Romcoms left on Crunchyroll to watch.

Damn, even after ep.2 it's pretty brutal, this will be another one where the heroine will continue to get shit on by the world around her. I guess there are no cute and comfy Romcoms left on Crunchyroll to watch.

I really enjoyed that show. The drama was way more heavy that I thought it was gonna be. Definitely a great surprise to watch.

phaze

Steins;Gate 01

1. Washed out visuals, cranked up brightness ? Check.
2. Powerline shots ? Check.
3. Shots and sounds of crickets/cicadas/whatever bug it was that traumatised the director in his childhood ? Check.

Never change Hamasaki. I should check out Blade&Soul to see if he managed to shove his idiosyncrasies there too. And how do you even go from making Texhnolyze, Shigurui and hopefully Steins;Gate to B&S and Terraformars ?
(and Ironman?)
Did S;G flop or something ? It seems both very popular and critically acclaimed.

Anyhow, it was a pretty impressive opening for the show I've been meaning to watch for quite some time. Clearly, with the comedy bits already apparent, this is not going to be another Texh but the serious parts were really well executed and full of tension. Episode also managed to set up its few initial mysteries; the murder, the satellite, the sms messages really well, so much so I'm already hungry for more. I've heard this is a slow burner till like ep 12 or something, so I suppose I shouldn't expect many answers for the time being. Given that the time travel aspect is flouted in the open from the very first minute, an answer to the first meeting of Kurisu and the professor seems a bit obvious but we will see. I unfortunately, got a little bit spoiled a few days back but hopefully it won't detract me much from enjoying the show. Not quite sure yet about the crazy main protagonist (I like his VA though) and especially his crew but I'll give them it a few eps to let me warm up to them.

Dragon Ball Super 003

The OP has grown on me but it's no CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA

The idea of Krillin and 18 being stuck in a traffic jam and that's what makes them decide to fly is hilarious, if you can fly why not just fly everywhere? And I think this is going into recapping Battle of Gods but some details are different, like it being on a cruise ship. Definitely remember the bingo.

All these old callbacks like Vegeta saying he will take Trunks to an amusement park and Goku bringing Cell to King Kai's planet so he doesn't blow up Earth are really great.

The next episode looks way different animation/style wise, like there is a lot of shading. Must be a different director.

Robot Girls Z+ 03

Are there really like 20 different Getter Robo? lol

iDOLM@STER Million Live is apparently getting an anime.

I'll be honest, of what I remember of the ML girls in the iM@S movie, they didn't exactly inspire me with confidence.

After seeing the sales for CG that doesn't surprise me at all.

Chris is love, Chris is life.

I knew you would see the light

Steins;Gate 01

Anyhow, it was a pretty impressive opening for the show I've been meaning to watch for quite some time. Clearly, with the comedy bits already apparent, this is not going to be another Texh but the serious parts were really well executed and full of tension. Episode also managed to set up its few initial mysteries; the murder, the satellite, the sms messages really well, so much so I'm already hungry for more. I've heard this is a slow burner till like ep 12 or something, so I suppose I shouldn't expect many answers for the time being. Given that the time travel aspect is flouted in the open from the very first minute, an answer to the first meeting of Kurisu and the professor seems a bit obvious but we will see. I unfortunately, got a little bit spoiled a few days back but hopefully it won't detract me much from enjoying the show. Not quite sure yet about the crazy main protagonist (I like his VA though) and especially his crew but I'll give them it a few eps to let me warm up to them.

I would say it's a slow burner for the first episodes, but around ep 5 there is already a clear mystery to solve and the characters are established and they have a goal. The ep 12 thing is more 'shit go real-er', you don't have to wait 12 episodes until "it gets good", thanks god.

Shimoneta 1

Yooo, this is ridiculous in the most amazing way possible, haha! You've got the lewd police, naughty terrorists, and a crazy chick who's obsessed with the workings of pregnancy/sex. And that school assembly at the end was great.
You know their society's screwed when everyone's getting turned on from watching flies have sex.

Also of note was some of the music. I really liked the jazz sounding stuff. The ED was great too.

--

While not really a big deal, I'll never understand the censoring of anything (that's even the tiniest amount) related to sex in media. I'm not just talking about anime nor this show in particular, but all types of media. People get shot, chopped up, sliced & diced, killed, and murdered in the most gruesome ways possible, but that's ok, since it doesn't involve sex. Pop a cap? Great! Pop out a titty? A Disgrace!

Squishy3

Shimoneta 1

Yooo, this is ridiculous in the most amazing way possible, haha! You've got the lewd police, naughty terrorists, and a crazy chick who's obsessed with the workings of pregnancy/sex. And that school assembly at the end was great.
You know their society's screwed when everyone's getting turned on from watching flies have sex.

Also of note was some of the music. I really liked the jazz sounding stuff. The ED was great too.

--

While not really a big deal, I'll never understand the censoring of anything (that's even the tiniest amount) related to sex in media. I'm not just talking about anime nor this show in particular, but all types of media. People get shot, chopped up, sliced & diced, killed, and murdered in the most gruesome ways possible, but that's ok, since it doesn't involve sex. Pop a cap? Great! Pop out a titty? A Disgrace!
Well in Japan for the most part they censor it all (Stardust Crusaders is a good recent example of this) it's really only American TV that doesn't censor violence. However Shimoneta's got an uncensored version already, but I think it plays better with the censors due to the nature of the show.

Sterok

Aikatsu 6

So if I'm correct, Ichigo is the naive, yet talented newcomer who gets to learn everything while also be inspiring to everyone for some reason. Aoi has all the skill, but also the misfortune of being blue, which always plays second fiddle to pink. But she's aced everything thus far. Will be interesting to see what she struggles against. Ran is the cool loner who's not very good at the staying alone part. Mizuki is the hard working senpai. Johnny is funny. Enjoyable overall, but that CGI audience is incredibly terrible. Hopefully that gets better eventually. Also, I hope they mix up the songs more in the future.

phaze

I would say it's a slow burner for the first episodes, but around ep 5 there is already a clear mystery to solve and the characters are established and they have a goal. The ep 12 thing is more 'shit go real-er', you don't have to wait 12 episodes until "it gets good", thanks god.

I see, good to hear.

The series was a success for all involved. A sequel film was made and ran in theatres 2 years later and did well for late-night standards.

Maybe Blade&Soul was the kind of a show Hamasaki wanted to make all along then !

Or he just has to pay his bills with something.

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru (And yet the Town moves) episode 1 & 2

Well I didn't even smirk once and comedy seems all this show attempts (shaft-direction aside). The MAL description someone posted for this show was funnier than all of it so far.

Oh and whenever the café granny talks with the obviously male voice I wanna rip my ears out, too.

Dropped.

The series was a success for all involved. A sequel film was made and ran in theatres 2 years later and did well for late-night standards.
Woah, I didn't know there was a sequel to Steins;Gate. Will watch.

Well in Japan for the most part they censor it all (Stardust Crusaders is a good recent example of this) it's really only American TV that doesn't censor violence. However Shimoneta's got an uncensored version already, but I think it plays better with the censors due to the nature of the show.
I see. I've seen so much violence in anime too that I figured it was the same there. Well anyway, I'm not even gonna bother looking for any uncensored version of Shimoneta. The little that even is censored is very lax.

phaze

Well I didn't even smirk once and comedy seems all this show attempts (shaft-direction aside). The MAL description someone posted for this show was funnier than all of it so far.

Oh and whenever the café granny talks with the obviously male voice I wanna rip my ears out, too.

Dropped.

Episode 4.

Watch episode 4.

I mean, ep 3 already has the painting bit which is one of the better parts IIRC but if ep 4 won't at least make you smile, then it's probably safe to drop it.

Joe Molotov

Dropped.

I'm reading words here than I don't like. :(

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Durarara ten 3
Akabayashi (That yakuza with a scar on his right eye and also carrying a cane) back story. Ripping your eyeball to avoid Saika influence and confess to saika host whojust slash his eye immediately? That's some hardcore shit right there.

Jex

[Night on the Galactic Railroad]

Good movie. Slow, weird, unusual movie. Not really something I'd recommend unless you're ready to tackle a slow, dense, largely symbolic text.

Personally, I know that I am going to have to watch it again at some point in the future to really nail down my views on some of the more inscrutable sequences.

Episode 4.

Watch episode 4.

I mean, ep 3 already has the painting bit which is one of the better parts IIRC but if ep 4 won't at least make you smile, then it's probably safe to drop it.

Hmm if you say so I might do at least that. (Well, will watch ep3 too because i don't like skipping.)

Dropped.

It's a real shame you feel that way. Comedy is subjective and all, but in my books Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru is the best anime comedy that's ever been made. (With the possible exception of Gintama, but that's such a long-running show it's difficult to compare the two.) It's got a large, likable cast of characters who interact in a very natural manner, and the scenarios it comes up with are very creative and varied, avoiding the pitfall many comedies fall into of relying on a limited repertoire of gags that quickly become stale. Killer ending too. The manga author, Masakazu Ishiguro, is a real genius, and Shaft created more or less a perfect adaptation of his work.

Mature

Dropped.
:( ???

Mandelbo

Dropped.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it dull. I dropped it around episode 5 or 6 (it was a year or so ago, can't quite remember) because I just couldn't enjoy the humour in it. It's just not my kind of show.

Steins;Gate 01

1. Washed out visuals, cranked up brightness ? Check.
2. Powerline shots ? Check.
3. Shots and sounds of crickets/cicadas/whatever bug it was that traumatised the director in his childhood ? Check.

Never change Hamasaki. I should check out Blade&Soul to see if he managed to shove his idiosyncrasies there too. And how do you even go from making Texhnolyze, Shigurui and hopefully Steins;Gate to B&S and Terraformars ?
(and Ironman?)
Did S;G flop or something ? It seems both very popular and critically acclaimed.

Please don't watch blade and soul , unless you trully want to see something bad.

Point 1,2,3 is absent in blade and soul , except in flashbacks , everything's possible in flashbacks.

Well I dunno but the first two episodes did literally nothing to me. The maid café setting and jokes written for it are neither particularly unique nor clever. Hotori's kinda uncaring (somewhat oblivious too), brash nature coupled with her stupidity is used for these 'look how strangely or idiotic she behaves' sort of jokes which I'm really not a fan of. Toshiko seems like a fun character in concept but...that's kinda lost when she's involved in boring jokes concerning servicing the customers.

What I kind of liked was the teacher getting 'what he really wanted', by criticizing the two girls (Hotori in particular), as that's the motto of the café/show as the narration lets us know (a customer's every wish is granted).

Maybe these two first episodes just aren't particularly strong. I mean the direction is nice but I can't say I feel like I've encountered a well written joke yet. Then again comedy can be especially subjective and this one may just not be my kind or I'm failing to see the greatness.

wonzo

Banned

Dropped.
out

Jex

I don't know if we need to burn anyone at the stake over disliking a comedy. Of all the genres, comedy seems to promote the most diverse of reactions and that's something that's been proven time and time again.

God Eater 02

I didn't even know who Eric was, why should I care about him.

I liked the part just after Eric's burial where the edgy squad leader and the girl were talking about someone who did the same thing as MC in the past. It's 100% going to be his dad, this show is just so super generic that it has to be true.

Commander woman also has one of the worst character designs I've seen in a while.

Finally, what's up with those weird "fast forward" cuts? It looked cool last episode with the medical staff carrying the body but this time it looked really dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom