• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Majestic Prince 07-08

First large scale battle, so of course the most incompetent commander needs to be in charge of it. Also, some insight to the invading aliens, but still just the standard religion-driven humanoid aliens invading primitive animals, etc.

The CG is actually starting to look pretty good now, although maybe that's only because everything is just flashier in general.

Non Non Biyori 06

46bVHiml.png

This isn't creepy at all. Nope.

zulux21

DB super 003

AH HA I found a way to make goku's voice more tolerable, listen to king kai's voice instead @_@ I swear the only way to match the amazing vocal range of the japanese voice actor for king kai is to have ben stien dub him. no matter what he was doing it always sounded the same, which for the calm parts his voice was fine, but most of his moments in this episode were crazy arm motions that should have been far more excited and energetic.

Either way it's fun seeing more character stuff, and slowly setting up battle of the gods. It will be interesting to see how much they change and how long it goes. Battle felt like it could have been expanded in a number of places so ideally super does that (I mean super saiyan god stuff felt pulled out of an ass) I'm at least getting more used to the voices, and dealing with how terrible they are for some characters, and merely hope we get a lot of new characters after this as at least the new characters are voiced fine. It's a shame the series is already taking a week off, but at least the animation has been decent so far so as long as they don't go world trigger bad with the animation I am ok with some breaks here and there.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 124:

Now that we have reached the crescendo of the endgame, all episodes automatically are of the highest recommendation to watch. Indeed with Mistress 9 awakened she outlines her purpose, to bring her mistress the evil alien spirit Pharoah 90, who incidentally has a name right out of an 1995 AOL Chatroom, to Earth and allow the Tau Star System to reign. All that is needed is the Holy Grail, which is serving as an odd stand in McGuffin for the Silver Crystal and its limitless power. At any rate the ensuing power surge activates the rest of the Daimon Eggs and it turns out Tomoe had a shit ton of eggs lying around as we get the endless voluble masses that endeavor to keep the Inner Guardians occupied while Sailor Moon is grabbed quite violently into the lair.

Meanwhile the Outer Guardians are trying to access the base by helicopter but they encounter too much resistance and we get into the first of many controversial plot points raised as Sailor Pluto stops time, and in doing so has committed the ultimate taboo and is basically sacrificing herself in order to save Hakura and Michiru and get them to the endgame. If this sounds familiar, you probably just got down watching Sailor Moon Crystal and indeed we have her heroic sacrifice from the previous arc integrated here for little describable reason.This is something that actually has very profound implications the reverberate throughout the entire series and would not be the last time this would happen this season.

Indeed it happens again this episode as Uranus and Neptune face off against Tomoe and TOEI being TOEI they changed this encounter a great deal and the upshot is the talisman weapons are now active and Tomoe is free of Daimon influence and is alive, this is something that just flat out comes back to bit this series in the ass down the line. The episode reaches its conclusion with Mistress 9 ready for a showdown, the Outer ready to see their mission through to the end and Sailor Moon standing in between unsure how to properly resolve the situation.

Hellraider

The protagonist (with a name and a background story) and an Amamiya female (not sure of her relationship with Lindow) are new characters I haven't seen in the game.

Amamiya onee-san was always there. MC has the character of a potato to fit with the game's user created one. There is nothing new on the character front so far.

Anyone know anything about this?

Google translate being what it is.

https://twitter.com/kirino_kousaka

ニコニコ動画の23.5時間TVで、『俺の妹』と『エロマンガ先生』のコラボ新企画のPVが発表されました!

23.5 hours of TV Nico Nico Douga, PV collaboration new project with "sister", "erotic comics teacher" has been announced!

ニコニコ動画にて、伏見つかさ書き下ろしのコラボストーリーを、CV付きでお送りします!

At Nico Nico Douga, a collaboration story of Fushimi Tsukasa newly written, we will send you with a CV!

続報は、今後の電撃文庫やniconicoの媒体でお届けするので待っててね!

Follow-up is, I have to wait because it delivered in the future of Dengeki and niconico of media!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 125:

Picking up where we left off we were in the middle of the grand confrontation between Mistress 9 and Sailor Moon and the Outers and then a philosophy class breaks out as the Outers are captured and used as bargaining chips as is Professor Tomoe. The Outers as still ready as ever to sacrifice everything to prevent the destruction of the world but they just do not understand the ideology of Sailor Moon. They do not understand that Sailor Moon sees such sacrifices as unacceptable, that as the great protector of the Earth she must do better, be better then allowing lives to be given away so cheaply. Such idealism never really clicked with this anime incarnation of Hakura and Michiru and I have never liked that, more on that next week and in the future.

Anyway, since Sailor Moon is a hero she gives away the Holy Grail so that nobody dies and it is used to summon Pharaoh 90. I will say it right here I have always found Pharaoh 90 to be the lamest of all of the final bosses that show up in this series, even in the manga I was never impressed with Pharaoh 90 the way I was with Wiseman and others. When it seems that the prophecy is about to come true, Mistress 90 is ripped apart by the awakening of Sailor Saturn, the guardian of death and rebirth. After handing ChibiUsa her pure heart back Saturn returns to use her demonstrable powers to destroy Pharoah 90 at the cost of her life. Going back to what I said, Sailor Moon still finds this idea beyond abhorrent and breaks down under the sheer weight of helplessness in one of the emotional scenes of the series.

It is the same emotion that resonates with the rest of the guardians, including out favorite extremists and allows for the true birth of the true Messiah, Super Sailor Moon who now has the power and the capabilities to save Hotaru. Indeed she marches into the edifice of Pharaoh 90 and defeats the abomination and heads out carrying an infant Hotaru, which is about as inexplicable here as it was in the manga. Well, maybe not because the 1990a anime series never really got the fact that the Guardians have certain abilities that i will touch upon in a later season. Anyway, the day is saved and next week we close out Sailor Moon S.

Gbraga

Barely watched anything this weekend because of EVO. :C

Infiltration was the hero we deserve.

I did watch a couple of stuff though, so brief impressions:

Prison School 2

Way better than the first episode, still boring, Hana best girl, will still stick with it because you guys say it gets so much better later on.

DurararaX2 Ten 3

This was another solid episode, but, man, I never thought I would say this after YEARS of "whens Durarara", but it shouldn't really have got a sequel. There's nothing wrong with the show itself, but it's just so... whatever. It's not as fun as the first time, and turns out I don't care about the characters as much as I thought I did.

I see no reason to drop it either, as I said, solid episode, but I just really don't care about it as much as I wish I did.

GATE 3

Axe girl was way different than I imagined her from the first episode, but in a good way, I guess. Lovely voice too.

The show isn't exactly ignoring the whole otaku crap, but it's not as distracting as I thought it would be from the first episode, it's actually done in a very tolerable way. He's really into anime crap, but they don't turn it into a forced comedy show where all he talks about is anime stuff while serious shit is going on, he's still a normal person, so I'm grateful for that.

Surprisingly ok looking CG Dragon attacks, it was an interesting fight, though I wish it was a bit harder for them. Glorious Nippon Military is too stronk. Nerf them pls.

Ushio to Tora 3

A bit creepy, but I liked it a lot. It's a 90s shounen thing, right, so of course everything would be solved by beating the evil monster, but I wish this one was more symbolic, him making Reiko help him with the dance moves was the best scene of the episode. The OP indicates this won't be just monster of the week for too long, can't wait to see where it goes.

Wife Nipple 3

Yay, nipples!

Shokugeki no Soma 15

Great opening (though I can't see it being used during the show in the same way OP1 was), the ending is also pretty cute, but GIVE ME BACK MY SPICE
VaBNcxc.png

Very nice episode, you just have to love it when Soma makes people uncomfortable after they try to act cool and it backfires, these are the best parts, by a mile. I don't think I ever got
Erina and Jouichirou's backstory
from what I've read of the manga, did they even mention it again?

I'll try to watch Rokka, Charlotte and God Eater today, aside from today's stuff, of course, Non Non Biyori Repeat is the reason I find strength to wake up on mondays
VaBNcxc.png

cajunator

Banned
Steins;Gate 01

1. Washed out visuals, cranked up brightness ? Check.
2. Powerline shots ? Check.
3. Shots and sounds of crickets/cicadas/whatever bug it was that traumatised the director in his childhood ? Check.

Never change Hamasaki. I should check out Blade&Soul to see if he managed to shove his idiosyncrasies there too. And how do you even go from making Texhnolyze, Shigurui and hopefully Steins;Gate to B&S and Terraformars ?
(and Ironman?)
Did S;G flop or something ? It seems both very popular and critically acclaimed.

Anyhow, it was a pretty impressive opening for the show I've been meaning to watch for quite some time. Clearly, with the comedy bits already apparent, this is not going to be another Texh but the serious parts were really well executed and full of tension. Episode also managed to set up its few initial mysteries; the murder, the satellite, the sms messages really well, so much so I'm already hungry for more. I've heard this is a slow burner till like ep 12 or something, so I suppose I shouldn't expect many answers for the time being. Given that the time travel aspect is flouted in the open from the very first minute, an answer to the first meeting of Kurisu and the professor seems a bit obvious but we will see. I unfortunately, got a little bit spoiled a few days back but hopefully it won't detract me much from enjoying the show. Not quite sure yet about the crazy main protagonist (I like his VA though) and especially his crew but I'll give them it a few eps to let me warm up to them.

It may seem slow, but theres stuff going on that perhaps you dont realize the importance of yet. Pay attention to everything! Also it doesnt really take until episode 12 or so, but that when it starts getting particularly good!

Danmachi 5-6

Man it bugs how much i'm enjoying this show. Halfway through, and i'm already pining for a second season.

There's no hope for me. I'm ensnared in Hestia's boob string.

Honestly this show never fully grabbed me. It was a decent watch and god knows I love how cute Lili is, but I just wasnt invested in this story at all. It was actually fairly boring.

I don't know if we need to burn anyone at the stake over disliking a comedy. Of all the genres, comedy seems to promote the most diverse of reactions and that's something that's been proven time and time again.

So true. Some people find certain things absolutely hilarious while others crack nary a smile. Humor is VERY subjective and comedies really cant be judged by how funny they are.

Back from the cruise. I miss anything?

Soma changed its ED and everybody is sad :(

cajunator

Banned
Shokugeki - 10&11
I don't even know how a show about cooking has more suspense and tension than many action shows out there.

I had been thinking, "Megumi really relies on Soma too much," then these episodes come along and put her alone and make her really have to get by based on her own skills. I was annoyed when it looked like Soma looked like he was gonna step in and save her, but then the twist came that he was to be her assistant, and it was up to her to bail the both of them out from expulsion. Really impressed with how the whole scenario played out, and its really helped to develop Megumi.

Megumi has started to find her own way. she really is the best girl. So damned cute and a surprisingly excellent cook as well.

Hyouka - 5

I hope this isn't all there is to the Hyouka mystery in this show. This episode provided some closure for Chitanda regarding it, but I hope that the incident this little arc covered ends up being linked to more characters throughout the show.

Like the DL-6 incident in Phoenix Wright. Yes, the first game resolved its story regarding Edgeworth, but it also played a key role regarding what happened with Maya's family that got explained other two games in the original trilogy.

Not that this show has to stay on this topic for a while, those cases in the middle of the Phoenix Wright games had their charms and I'm sure it'll be no different for Hyouka.

Sorry but thats basically it. Its a good arc, but the show goes back to mundanity for a while. Theres a movie arc coming up that is a bit more interesting and Misaki shows up there.

Ace of Diamond Second Season Episode 16

They cant just tell us what happened with Nao. I was so confused on if he would be wheelchair for life or something else. It just seemed so ambiguous. With Chris they seemed to at least say he could eventually play again.

Mandelbo

It's pretty quiet in here.

2x2 Ninja Nonsense 01-02
thanks arcadius

This is absolutely stupid - in a good way, most of the time. Osakumaru's voice actor doesn't seem quite enthusiastic enough to match what the character's doing on screen, and he's bordering more on being annoying than funny, but other than that it's been a fairly entertaining watch so far. It really doesn't take itself at all seriously, as you'd guess from the title, and it's stayed unexpectedly ecchi-free so far, which was a surprise given the premise of the first episode! All these ninjas are called Sasuke and all they want to do is have a good time, which is nice.

e: oh, also the end credits are done in stop motion, like they were in Manabi Straight - is this just something ufotable liked doing at the time?

Cornbread78

Welcome to the N.H.K. ep. 16-END:
My goodness, what a crazy ending on this one. You all were right, it just keeps getting darker and darker and the psychological twists and turns are just plain craziness... I knw she was too good to be true. It's funny how they try to portray here in one way but they do a 180 with her. I mean, the ending was cute, but I guess I was hoping for more resolution there between Sato and Misaki like everyone else around them, welcome to anime, right? The most astonishing thing about this series is the way the director can change tone and mood in each episode so well. It pulls you along the crazy path that everyone was on in this one and really makes you keep going....

phaze

I haven't seen G Gundam yet (waiting for BD), Getter Robo Armageddon, and Giant Robo also end in this way.

Giant Robo was more bearable for me.
I was more peeved off at all the time wasted, on what turned out to be just a vague tease for the future than the cliffhangery nature of it. Here they axed the story right in the middle of the invasion, after spending so much time on foreshadowing Hades, Gorgon, Myceans and all that stuff. I knew when they didn't finish Dr Evil in ep 25, some supreme bullshit was going to happen.

1000x worse than ending of Ergo Proxy.

Hahaha. Welcome aboard the Shin Great Mazinger waiting train!

Nah I'm out. ;p HxH ended where the anime left off. Berserk ended on the last released chapter. This ended with the main protagonist and hero of the story,
our lord and saviour (saviouress?) Baron Ashura, fulfilling his cherished, lifelong dream.
THE END

Theonik

Nah I'm out. ;p HxH ended where the anime left off. Berserk ended on the last released chapter. This ended with the main protagonist and hero of the story,
our lord and saviour (saviouress?) Baron Ashura, fulfilling his cherished, lifelong dream.
THE END
To be fair, this was always part of a greater lore leading into Great Mazinger and Mazinkaiser.

God Eater - 2

I don't recall any of this plane stuff to be in the game, aerial combat bring it on next week...

Yup Ufotable seems to be borrowing story elements from the game while making a thing of their own in this world. I was scared that they were gonna go 1:1 with the game. It works as something that you see as cutscenes between fights, but I wouldn't be able to see it being as entertaining as something that is just for you to watch.

tumblr_nrsn2gpQIg1tua0a5o6_500.gif

tumblr_nrsn2gpQIg1tua0a5o3_500.gif

tumblr_nrsn2gpQIg1tua0a5o1_500.gif

tumblr_nrsn2gpQIg1tua0a5o5_500.gif

This however is some good, good shit.

lol Funimation fucked up Snow White with the Red Hair episode 3

It is playing a different episode audio :lol :lol

Are you serious? Uggggh. :(

I hope they fix this soon.

Sorry but thats basically it. Its a good arc, but the show goes back to mundanity for a while. Theres a movie arc coming up that is a bit more interesting and Misaki shows up there.

Aww, really? That's all there is to it? Like, it never gets brought up again? That's a shame, because I was really interested in that backstory.

THE END

Pretty much, haha.

Though I hope your anger at Shin Mazinger doesn't cause you to stay away from G Gundam, because
it doesn't have the cliffhanger ending, if that's what you're worried about.

Jex

Shin Mazinger Z 26

<Extremely large and not very varied expanse of expletives aimed at Imagawa.>
What, exactly, did Imagawa do? That's just how the story has always ended, except Imagawa makes it more awesome via a number of unique touches.

DB super 003

AH HA I found a way to make goku's voice more tolerable, listen to king kai's voice instead @_@ I swear the only way to match the amazing vocal range of the japanese voice actor for king kai is to have ben stien dub him. no matter what he was doing it always sounded the same, which for the calm parts his voice was fine, but most of his moments in this episode were crazy arm motions that should have been far more excited and energetic.

King Kai's VA is like 83 years old, can people give the guy a break

lol Funimation fucked up Snow White with the Red Hair episode 3

It is playing a different episode audio :lol :lol

Funi do what Funi do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom