• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Gansta 03

It's a more laid back Black Lagoon. It's great and you should be watching it. Not much else needs to be said.

So Shirobako is right after all lol?

From what I've read, she's originally a big tittied, loud, brash, buff, short 25 year old who can't find a man. Not much of that is left in her character.

The other army girl is pretty much left in tact though.

Gansta 03

It's a more laid back Black Lagoon. It's great and you should be watching it. Not much else needs to be said.

From what I've read, she's originally a big tittied, loud, brash, buff, short 25 year old who can't find a man. Not much of that is left in her character.

The other army girl is pretty much left in tact though.

I don't think she should looks like a Love Live character though.

KucYYZ4.jpg
zTF7KDG.jpg

Opening: One of the worst ones of the season. They were better off using the game OP since everyone likes it. Or at least one of the vocal songs in the OST since those have been good so far.
Ending: Completely and utterly forgettable.

I find it laughable that they tried to make Eric's death sympathetic here since no one cared when it happened to him in the game.

Like I get why they needed to change it, but it still didn't even feel remotely sad for a character whose only relevance is that he has a cute sister.

Well anyway, Alisa is making her full appearance next time.

So I'm pretty happy about that.

Cornbread78

Kotoura-san ep.6-END
Well, that last episode was really, really cute as hell and really made up for some of the dark places this one went to at times. Poor Kotoura had a rough go of her life up to now and somehow things go right for once. Most importantly, this was finally a story that tied up almost all loose ends before the credits roll. It was good to see how they played it all out in the end. They could continue if they wanted to, but it really was a complete story as-is and had a very fulfilling ending.

Crocodile

How about David Hayter? Or Kevin Conroy? Or Peter Cullen?

What about them? Those are all talented and well respected VAs who held iconic roles in videogames/TV/etc. and were all eventually recast. How does that contradict my statement that its easier (or less disrupting to the audience) to recast a VA than it is a Live Action Actor? Like I think its obvious why but I'm getting the feeling people are having a hard time seeing the obvious?

Well, it isn't really Aztec. It's fantasy world where they took some visual inspiration from Aztecs where they wanted. Real aztecs also didn't have gunpowder.

There also weren't Fog Demons and Fiends back in South America 700+ years ago :p

Like obviously its a fantasy world so things like Gunpowder are a non-issue. Its just when you take inspiration from real world cultures I expect follow through. It's like if they set the show in a fantasy, pre-industrial revolution version of Nigeria, it would be super weird if one of the main characters was like the Caucasian princess of the nation. The discrepancy in this show isn't anywhere near as large as in the hypothetical scenario I just made up but its still a bit weird. Like what is the deal with the bunny ears?

Jintor

i mean he's good for the role and that's all that matters. bale batman comedy isn't exactly out of place in mgs anyway

i really want to see if they got keither sutherland to have a bunch of shitty monologues about cardboard boxes tho

I mean, he's known for one iconic role and his portrayal of it has gone from something grounded to Christian Bale Batman levels of comedy.

I know I was making fun of Snake's thing of always repeating what someone was saying

i really want to see if they got keither sutherland to have a bunch of shitty monologues about cardboard boxes tho

If you are expecting Keifer to talk at all then I have some news for you

he won't

He said about 6 words in Ground Zeroes and one sentence in the final E3 trailer, Kaz will talk for him.

Risette

A Good Citizen
hayter (and the mgs dubs in general) were never good. maybe one day we can get a proper dual audio version of the mgs games, but I'm not hopeful considering lol konami.

wonzo

Banned
hayter cant act and he sure as hell cant write, his only "talent" is getting tasteless nerds to think his shit dont smell

I like Hayter, his corny performance is perfect for Metal Gear being an 80s action movie

Calling Hayter a good actor would be stretching it, but his raspy Snake performance has a certain amount of charm that will always be associated with the character in my mind. I'm not sure that replacing him with Sutherland is an improvement if it means that Snake is just going to be mute because Konami doesn't want to pay for a big name more than is necessary to use him in marketing.

Deadly

So Shirobako is right after all lol?
All the GATE females are more moe in the anime really. I don't mind it for the other characters but it's really weird for Kuribayashi because
there's a scene where she beats the shit out of another character
and it doesn't really seem all that plausible with how she currently looks.

Narag

Sabagebu! 9
It sort of ocurred to me watching this one that it's at its best when they're in the actual survival game situations as opposed to weird school life stuff.

Senyuu 2 1-13 + Senyuu specials 1-4
buncha dumb shit to laugh at which was exactly what I wanted

zulux21

No game no life dub rewatch

still a great series even when I know what is coming. I am now officially supporting the books, my first one should be here weds lol.

Sterok

Aikatsu 9

Ichigo is officially crazy. And she doesn't even get a good costume as a reward (though the wings are a nice touch). Aoi and Ran get way better cards. Johnny-sensei keeps getting better and better.

ibyea

Banned
I personally like Hayter. Yeah his performance is not the best and heck, it seemed to have gotten worse but like others have said it has this charm to it.

Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist 1-3

Watched this with a couple of friends today. Didn't expect much from it but I found the first three episodes to be better than I thought they were going to be. I think I'll continue watching it as new episodes air.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 60
CKaLVBeUAAA-wEd.png

Some of the lines felt ripped right out of 5D's (Keep your deck its as valuable as your life), but otherwise good episode.
Even pendulum summon isnt impervious to trap cards

Poor Odd Eyes Pendulum Dragon.

cajunator

Banned
You can pinpoint the exact moment when one of the cutest characters in anime loses her smile and optimism.

Least we know that Renge would make for a wonderful teacher.

this makes me so sad :(

*gives Ren chon lots of cake

Hyouka - 6

Kind of a step down from last episode as we go from discussing about a big event in the school's history to talking about why a teacher accidentally taught the wrong lesson to a class a few hours ago.

Character interactions are still good though.

One of the low points. Horrible episode.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 3

Damn, everyone has a crazy secret lol.

I really hate the character designs. The eyes and mouths make everyone look like Akame ga Kill villains.

Shinagami's voice is really cute tho.

Cornbread78

Actually, I Am ep.3
Good backstory episode this week, but we also got another reveal at the same time. This is a fun show to watch, I just hope they give us a decent ending at the end of the season, although I'm well aware this is another "promo" anime for the manga... oh wel, it keeps delivering each week..

Jintor

am I, like, the only one who wants to just replace all of mal/hummingbird/crunchy's shitty default copy with their own custom versions that aren't just direct translations of whatever's on the back of the box for the anime in japanese?

Articalys

I don't know if I spent too long gazing into the abyss that is anitwitter or what, but now I'm really worried about simulcast translation quality.

Non Non Repeat 3

Holy crap that master plan of Ren-Chon getting revenge for the cake and motivating Natsumi at the same time.

But the question remains, what did Nii-Chan get?

Risette

A Good Citizen
I don't know if I spent too long gazing into the abyss that is anitwitter or what, but now I'm really worried about simulcast translation quality.
seems like it's mostly shows by certain distributors that you should worry about, like the company behind umaru-chan's subs

and funi in general I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom