• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
Everyday Life with Monster Girls: 03

Okay, I'm not even done with the episode yet but I almost spit my Sprite Zero out during the scene about Papi's swimsuit.

This is too enjoyable.

Monster Musume 03

nm7vvgo.jpg
fac5oNN.png
xa4Hbll.jpg

Monster Musume is still the sad tale of a man constantly on the fringe of death from monster girls who don't know their own strength. Also there was lots of monster girl on monster girl violence this episode too, it's equality!

Papi still sucks. Suu is good though, thought murderfish came before her

Overlord 03

Nah. I lasted longer then I thought on the basis of MC being a skeleton though. This should get a lot of art on Pixiv

Did Koufuku Graffiti sell well? Enough for a possible sequel?

The production committee was:
TBS/Kadokawa (Media Factory)/Hobunsha/Shaft/Flying Dog/Movic/Song Music Communications

It was unlikely that the revenue from this project exceeded the costs for the higher financiers of the show from the numbers estimated/given. Therefore it is unlikely that we will see more animated.

Gbraga

double no

Unfortunately I think it sold like 1500 units per volume or something. Really low.

The production committee was:
TBS/Kadokawa (Media Factory)/Hobunsha/Shaft/Flying Dog/Movic/Song Music Communications

It was unlikely that the revenue from this project exceeded the costs for the higher financiers of the show from the numbers estimated/given. Therefore it is unlikely that we will see more animated.

Awww, man :/

Cornbread78

Listen to me, Girls, I am your Father! Ep. 1-END:
tumblr_m1toezNuBx1qao70vo1_500.gif

soooo CUTE!

First off, this was an adorable story, the MC was good, and the support cast (college/adult) was excellent as well. Raika was a great add-on to the cast but it was unfortunate that they never really progressed the story further with her as the "heroine" since she would have been great in a more promanant role with the MC, heck, even the neighbor (the VA actress) could have been a good score.
I heard someone say that this series was complete trash and I'll address that in a moment because I tend to agree in 1 major area that continued to piss me off throughout. However, with that being said, the portrayal of the day to day life of the little girls with their replacement parent had some really upbeat, cute and happy momets, but also some really sad moments along the way as well.

Overall, it was a good feeling show and well worth the watch. Now, let me address the trash really quick and I'll be harsh for once (shocking, I know, I'm too accepting most of the time).. The way thay portray the little girls to appease a perverse otaku crawd on this one at times was disgusting. I'm sorry if your into loli $hit and this is your kinda thing, but to openly story-age a little girl at 10 and then continue to animate panty/crotch shots and put them into sexual poses was gross. The 14 year old being "in love" with the uncle, yeah, not right, but at that age I can honestly believe/see it happening and they never really went the perverse route with it. (thank goodness and yeah, girls at that age have a LOT going on in their heads.... ) however, they didn't shy away from giving her plenty of panty/bra parts, uugghh. Thankfully, they left the 3 year old alone for the most part, but their portrayal and use of Miu (10) as a sex object at times was just #%@%#$^&$^%^&$&. Sorry, end of rant, everyone has their own likes and opinions and I usually let it slide and look past it, but for this one, it felt out of place and completely unecessary and it is one thing that kept coming back and bothering me, but that is just the father of daughters speaking more than anything, lol. To each their own, but yeah, not needed with this story and/or setting IMO.

Gbraga

I only now realized that we still didn't get a glimpse of Cady Store in Repeat. They wouldn't dare not to have her this season, right? D:

Phatmac

The sad tale of a man trying to survive his harem of monster girls continues. This week brings in more romance triangle hijinks with everyone trying to have a man all for thenselves. Always sleep early during the full moon or else you'll probably die from monster girls.

Listen to me, Girls, I am your Father! Ep. 1-END:
tumblr_m1toezNuBx1qao70vo1_500.gif

soooo CUTE!

First off, this was an adorable story, the MC was good, and the support cast (college/adult) was excellent as well. Raika was a great add-on to the cast but it was unfortunate that they never really progressed the story further with her as the "heroine" since she would have been great in a more promanant role with the MC, heck, even the neighbor (the VA actress) could have been a good score.
I heard someone say that this series was complete trash and I'll address that in a moment because I tend to agree in 1 major area that continued to piss me off throughout. However, with that being said, the portrayal of the day to day life of the little girls with their replacement parent had some really upbeat, cute and happy momets, but also some really sad moments along the way as well.

Overall, it was a good feeling show and well worth the watch. Now, let me address the trash really quick and I'll be harsh for once (shocking, I know, I'm too accepting most of the time).. The way thay portray the little girls to appease a perverse otaku crawd on this one at times was disgusting. I'm sorry if your into loli $hit and this is your kinda thing, but to openly story-age a little girl at 10 and then continue to animate panty/crotch shots and put them into sexual poses was gross. The 14 year old being "in love" with the uncle, yeah, not right, but at that age I can honestly believe/see it happening and they never really went the perverse route with it. (thank goodness and yeah, girls at that age have a LOT going on in their heads.... ) however, they didn't shy away from giving her plenty of panty/bra parts, uugghh. Thankfully, they left the 3 year old alone for the most part, but their portrayal and use of Miu (10) as a sex object at times was just #%@%#$^&$^%^&$&. Sorry, end of rant, everyone has their own likes and opinions and I usually let it slide and look past it, but for this one, it felt out of place and completely unecessary and it is one thing that kept coming back and bothering me, but that is just the father of daughters speaking more than anything, lol. To each their own, but yeah, not needed with this story and/or setting IMO.

You liked this right? And you want to keep it that way? Don't go watch the OVA of the "After years". Seriously.

Cornbread78

I never watched Usagi Drop so I don't know. I don't want to spoil it since you may still watch it anyway, but I mean... Ugh. Come on Japan lol.

Thankfully, the Usagi Drop part was in the Manga only, but yeah, it was in REALLY bad taste....

Looks like no one here has watched it. It may be for the best lol.

Ugghh.

thats ominous..

Cajun, I'll finish Full Moon this week; I'm hesitating because I know it's going to be a rough day.... Probably Fate Zero tomorrow and the rest of FM on Thursday....

cajunator

Banned
Thankfully, the Usagi Drop part was in the Manga only, but yeah, it was in REALLY bad taste....

Ugghh.

Cajun, I'll finish Full Moon this week, I'm hesitating because I know it's going to be a rough day.... Probably Fate Zero tomorrow and the rest of FM on Thursday....

fair enough

Ugghh,

If it's the one ending you folks (Admiral and you I think) were discussing here this one time not too long ago, then yeah. I guess this OVA and Usagi Drop have a lot in common. A lot. /:

Mandelbo

This is reminding me of the time I watched an episode of Kodomo no Jikan and thought "hmm. It's kinda weird how this small child is sexually attracted to her teacher and is very forward about it, but perhaps it could be interesting if it goes all psychological and explores how messed up her life must be to have gotten to the point of fawning over the teacher she just met. Maybe he'll be able to fix the root of the problem, allowing her to transition into a well-adjusted, normal individual who understands just how weird her delusional love for her teacher was and moves past it."

But then I looked up what happens and it didn't.

so I didn't watch any more.

Cornbread78

If it's the one thing you folks were discussing here this one time not too long ago, then yeah. I guess this OVA and Usagi Drop have a lot in common. A lot. /:

OK, well, in this one, she has
zero blood relations and they are only 5 years apart in age, unless it is the youngest or middle child...
so it's not nearly as bad as Usagi...

Some shit in Anime is just outright distasteful and gross. Doesn't help the medium grow one bit. When folks outside of the medium think of anime, they see all this weird shit.

OK, well, in this one, she has
zero blood relations and they are only 5 years apart in age, unless it is the youngest or middle child...
so it's not nearly as bad as Usagi...
The spirits of the girls' parents come to check on them. They are all doing OK. The girl with brown hair gets proposed by some boy at school. She says her heart belongs to someone else. As the parents wonder who this guy might be, they soon find out at home that it was the "dad" that raised the 3 of them, yup... They are getting married, and receive their spirit parents' blessing as they hug in their room in the end to make it more emotional I guess?
Not that bad but I mean WHY. It's almost as if the whole show was just to lead up to this. If this was to happen in real life, I'm not so sure if people would be okay at all with it.

Mandelbo

The spirits of the girls' parents come to check on them. They are all doing OK. The girl with brown hair gets proposed by some boy at school. She says her heart belongs to someone else. As the parents wonder who this guy might be, they soon find out at home that it was the "dad" that raised the 3 of them, yup... They are getting married, and receive their spirit parents' blessing as they hug in their room in the end to make it more emotional I guess?
Not that bad but I mean WHY. It's almost as if the whole show was just to lead up to this.

oh no... stuff like this is just awful, and you're right, it gives a really bad impression of the medium to those who don't know much about anime.

Cornbread78

This is reminding me of the time I watched an episode of Kodomo no Jikan and thought "hmm. It's kinda weird how this small child is sexually attracted to her teacher and is very forward about it, but perhaps it could be interesting if it goes all psychological and explores how messed up her life must be to have gotten to the point of fawning over the teacher she just met. Maybe he'll be able to fix the root of the problem, allowing her to transition into a well-adjusted, normal individual who understands just how weird her delusional love for her teacher was and moves past it."
But then I looked up what happens and it didn't.
so I didn't watch any more.

Some shit in Anime is just outright distasteful and gross. Doesn't help the medium grow one bit. When folks outside of the medium think of anime, they see all this weird shit.

The spirits of the girls' parents come to check on them. They are all doing OK. The girl with brown hair gets proposed by some boy at school. She says her heart belongs to someone else. As the paremts wonder who thisbguy might be, they soon find out at home that it was the "dad" that raised the 3 of them, yup... They are getting married, and receive their spirit parents' blessing as they hug in their room in the end to make it more emotional I guess?
Not that bad but I mean WHY. It's almost as if the whole show was just to lead up to this.

I'll go back at these at the same time since they are really almost the same answer..

My problem with this one was merely in the sexualization of the kids. There is no need when you openly state they are under age, then go ahead and sexy them up. That may not be the popular opinion to the Japanese Otaku, who is their primary audience, and their primary source of income... Any good business creates products specific to it's consumers needs and desires.... If they had laid off some of the 10 year old, I would have just let it slide, but.....

Now, in the relationship between the oldest child Sora (14) and and "uncle" Yuuta (18) they are only 4 years apart in age. She is only related to him via his sister's marriage to an older man (she is not his sisters child: step-daughter) Yes, they portrayed her true feelings for him continually (they started long before he became their guardian) and yes, inappropraiately at times, but knowing how girls think at 14 I can totally see it being believeable. However, they should have kept her damn cloths on, lol. Through the main story, they never once showed Yuuta recognizing or acknowledging her feeligns for him.

phaze

Steins;Gate 02-03

Magical microwave just got even more special.

Maid cafe ? I didn't ask for this. The comedy in general falls uniformly flat for me. Okarin's infectious laugh is about the only thing I manage draw some enjoyment from. His conspiracy shtick too is just dull and overdone by now.

Blade&Soul 01

It's funny how the main protag girl allowed the badguy to escape, thus causing complete destruction of the village that welcomed her in.

Mushishi 19
A touching love tale. Liked especially how it integrated the stars conversation into the solution of the mushi problem.

jbug617

Banned
Sentai releases for November:

Glasslip (DVD and Bluray)
He is my Master (Sentai Select DVD)
Hidamari Sketch: Honeycomb Season 4 (DVD)
Blue Spring Ride aka Ao Haru Ride (DVD and Bluray)
La Corda D’Oro: Blue Sky Season 2 (DVD and Bluray)
Gatchaman: Movie (DVD and Bluray includes English Dub)
Angelic Layer (Sentai Select DVD)
Dramatical Murder (DVD and Bluray includes English Dub)
Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? (DVD and Bluray)

cajunator

Banned

Angelic Layers (Sentai Select DVD)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

At least new people will be able to discover the little gem that is Angelic Layer though!

Steins;Gate 02-03

Magical microwave just got even more special.

Maid cafe ? I didn't ask for this. The comedy in general falls uniformly flat for me. Okarin's infectious laugh is about the only thing I manage draw some enjoyment from. His conspiracy shtick too is just dull and overdone by now.

In general there is a degree of otakuness in there that it's done just for market purposes, it isn't relevant or needed for the story. The tyranny of the Light Novel market.

Rainy

Banned
I haven't been able to watch anime for days due to packing for this move...anyway

Working!!! 1

The OP is nice! The songs in the Working OPs always have to grow on me for a bit before I like them though. I wish Otoo-san could meet his wife...how challenged can she be in terms of navigation! Also will Yamada ever meet her brother?!
Need Satou to make a move too, hopefully this season?

Mandelbo

Angelic Layer (Sentai Select DVD)

Why did they leave Rokujyouma untranslated? Just call it Apartment Invaders or something.

Exalted

Overlord Episode 3

Liked the episode. Looks like this might be an kingdom building anime, and not just another traped in a game anime. Which was a really nice suprize. Kinda like a mix of kingdom and log horizon.

Cornbread78

Monster Musume ep.3
tumblr_nrulxqe1vj1uuq1pao1_500.gif

I gotta say, as ridiculas as the show is, it continues to be a lot of fun to watch. I can't wait to see how these "dates" turn out to be. Waifu battle royal in full effect....

Symphogear G - 09

The training part by Genjuurou was 10/10. I guess watching all those action movies paid off! Of course Chris being such a goober eating like she's 5 and failing every exercise.

I told you Genjurou was the best in S2

The sad tale of a man trying to survive his harem of monster girls continues. This week brings in more romance triangle hijinks with everyone trying to have a man all for thenselves. Always sleep early during the full moon or else you'll probably die from monster girls.

What? Stop stealing my gimmick!!!

Monster Girls 3

Smith > Papi > Miia >>> Horse

Papi sucks who are you people

Is there a lovecraftian monster girl? I want a Colour out of Space waifu.

Nyaruko exists. Also Bloodborne I guess? Oh Ebrietas, your never ending supply of blood from some area is so moe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom