• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
SenkiZesshou Symphogear - 06

The cat is finally out of the bag , hopefully this will prevent the poor girl slowly yet surely transformation into a yandere , because she was already showing many symptoms.

As for the rest , tsubasa needed a near death experience to finally mourn the girl she loved and our heroine , decided , that if she can't materialise , she might as well punch !!! GOOD IDEA !!

This show 's still awesome.

Quasar

Did you have the same thoughts about the way they treated the other two though, or am I just losing it?

I didn't much notice it. I mean outside of Sora crushin on her uncle whose not much older than she is.

I was probably more annoyed by how terribly Raika treated him, and how well he treated Shuntarou.

KanameYuuki

Oh man, episode 79 of Gintama was godlike, that fierce battle in the restroom, Gin and the old guy are the worst, so clever haha, everyone lost that battle.

Joe Molotov

Haha is that your "meh" image? Come on there has to be something that's got you excited! :p

Heh, nah not really. It's just a cute thing from Non Non Biyori because Non Non Biyori is cute and a good show to watch.

I've been enjoying it, and Monster Musume, and Working!!!, and Boring World w/o Dirty Jokes, and School-Live, and Wakaba*Girl, and Wooser S3 this season. It's a pretty good season, so far.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I still don't understand the title of the thread.
That's too bad
luna_sparkle.gif

That...doesn't sound too bad to me! :p So there's a new DBZ mobile game? I have a pretty decent phone but I never delve into the games side of things or apps in general which is a bit disappointing as some of the stuff looks interesting and I feel like I'm under-utilizing its 'full potential', that being DBZ mobile games which are obviously the pinnacle.

Here's a link to the OT for the game.

But personally I largely gave up on Dragon Ball Z back when I was in high school. The padding of the Freiza stuff just killed me and only caught bits and pieces of the series beyond that. I had the day off today so I was just doing chores around the house and thought I'd put the show on in the background. Just randomly started at the end of the Garlic Jr. saga and probably going to skip most of the fighting scenes since that tends to bore me.

Snow White with the Red Hair 01

A show about a female character with a physical trait that isn't huge boobs or anything sexual, but her long red hair
which she cuts right off the bat at the start lol
. Zen seems to be a pretty cool guy, specially compared to that other prince lol. Yeah I can see why folks liked this one. I'll watch this one.

SenkiZesshou Symphogear - 07

She didn't turn into a yandere , but she caused "drama" instead.

Anyway , what changes !
5 mins in , tsubasa ASKED someone for help ??
That fight was cool, suddenly revelation , sudden trasnformations !!
And the plot tickens ... THEN DRAMA

There is always something going on in symphogear ! I'm legit impressed !

Lain

I just listened to the Italian OP for the upcoming Lupin 3 series and... wow, it couldn't be worse if they tried.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I just listened to the Italian OP for the upcoming Lupin 3 series and... wow, it couldn't be worse if they tried.
at least the visuals look good. i'm hopeful for the series. everything shown/said about the show seems super promising so far.

Narag

Bikini Warriors 3
This is so fucking bad. I'll keep watching though since it's short.

Sabagebu! 10
Predator nod got me good as did seeing Momoka wasn't always a sick sociopath in her youth.

javac

I guess I'll post some new artwork, but again being out of the loop this could all be old news:

Discotek Media
Robot Carnival [Discotek]
Run Time: 90 min
Audio: English / Japanese
Subtitles: English
Format: (DVD)
Release Date: 9/1/2015
Price: DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $17.97
58DZz66.jpg

Sentai
Sabagebu! Survival Game Club [Sentai]
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: Japanese
Format: (BD/DVD)
Release Date: 9/22/2015
Price: BD @ Rightstuf.com: $38.99
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $32.49
YehZhch.jpg

Hamatora the Animation Season 1 [Sentai]
Release Date: 9/22/2015
Price: BD @ Rightstuf.com: $45.49
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $38.99
FjKsOYb.jpg

Hidamari Sketch: Honeycomb Season 4 [Sentai]
Release Date: 11/3/2015
Price: DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $32.49
PnW6HHg.jpg

He Is My Master [Sentai]
Price: DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $19.49
TevIjnD.jpg

GLASSLIP [Sentai]
Run Time: 325 min
aE9HnVx.jpg

Blue Spring Ride [Sentai]
Release Date: 11/10/2015
v1pi7Vu.jpg

La Corda D'Oro Blue Sky Season 2 [Sentai]
Release Date: 11/10/2015
H1nKs0R.jpg

Gatchaman The Movie [Sentai]
Run Time: 110 min
Release Date: 11/17/2015
Price: BD @ Rightstuf.com: $25.99
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $19.49
1z4aGim.jpg

Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? [Sentai]
Release Date: 11/17/2015
dxHRjX7.jpg

Angelic Layer [Sentai]
Run Time: 650 min
Release Date: 11/24/2015
Price: DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $32.49
ScRGaw3.jpg

DRAMAtical Murder [Sentai]
Run Time: 325 min
Release Date: 11/24/2015
Price: BD @ Rightstuf.com: $45.49
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $38.99
N9nwmnA.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Is Ao Haru Ride actually a green-haired dude X a a green-haired girl? Please let that be accurately representative official art.

But D.Gray-man was like five years ago; how am I supposed to remember the few parts that were good?

Yeah the filler in the anime at times were pretty bad, but still after episode 50 it was pretty damn good. How can you forget Lenalee's twin tail getting burnt off? It was memorable lol.

Well the manga finally came out of a 3 year hiatus so that's how I remembered.

But seriously fuck Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya.

cajunator

Banned
I guess I'll post some new artwork, but again being out of the loop this could all be old news:

Good stuff.
He Is My Master was fun. It has an MC who is actually a hedonist and not a pushover.
hes kind of an ass though.

Angelic Layer is seriously good. If you like Gundam build Fighters youll love it.

I dont have to say anything about Sabagebu :)

Senki Zesshou Symphogear - 08

AND THE DRAMA is over... i'll call it like i see it , this is more than friendship

But hey , we can focus on something better now.
This girl hability to make friend is god-tier , i want a friend like that

The commander leveled concrete with a feet stomp ... i want that training ..ASAP !!!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Senki Zesshou Symphogear - 08

AND THE DRAMA is over... i'll call it like i see it , this is more than friendship

But hey , we can focus son something better now.
This girl hability to make friend is god-tier , i want a friend like that
Have you watched Nanoha?

javac

Heh, nah not really. It's just a cute thing from Non Non Biyori because Non Non Biyori is cute and a good show to watch.

I've been enjoying it, and Monster Musume, and Working!!!, and Boring World w/o Dirty Jokes, and School-Live, and Wakaba*Girl, and Wooser S3 this season. It's a pretty good season, so far.

Haha awesome I knew that there must be something that you were interested in this season, and you seem to be interested in quite a bit which is always a good thing. And yes, cute gif :p

Here's a link to the OT for the game.

But personally I largely gave up on Dragon Ball Z back when I was in high school. The padding of the Freiza stuff just killed me and only caught bits and pieces of the series beyond that. I had the day off today so I was just doing chores around the house and thought I'd put the show on in the background. Just randomly started at the end of the Garlic Jr. saga and probably going to skip most of the fighting scenes since that tends to bore me.

Haha yeah DBZ was something that I loved back in the day, watching it on Toonami a few episodes a day as they aired was cool, I'd go to school the next day and talk all about it. I guess I was at the perfect age for all of that, not to say that there's an age restriction on all of that! :p I made a lot of friends through it in the playground that's for sure. I was good at drawing for my age and I'd record episodes on VHS and rewind back, pause on a cool shot and just sit and draw it, because of course I had no Internet :p The Frieza saga was my fave and I actually really enjoyed the Garlic Jr saga as it focuses more on Gohan and side characters like Mr. Popo and although going back still yields smiles all around due to nostalgia I'm sure if I went back with fresh eyes DBZ would just fly over my head today! And thanks for the link :)

cajunator

Banned
HAVE I WATCHED NANOHA ???

I'm a deep Fan

Very deep fan

A's>1st movie> Vivid manga >1st season>Vivid Anime > A's manga > strikers > A's movie >>>>>>>>>>(unknow deep hole of the universe ) >>>>> Force

I love the franchise.

*bounces with

Nanoha is so hot blooded and amazing.
mixing magical girl and technology is always an interesting idea. Like Vividred.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 61
CKfPQb1UsAAL2FK.png

The prisoners embraced the spirit of Futoshi! SHIVERU, loved it.

Excellent duel and kind of cheesy I was smiling and started to feel a bit embarrassed or something when they all got into the Enjoy for the cardians.

In any case, Odd Eyes Pendulum Dragon so good, it seemed like it had a billion effects.

OceanBlue

HAVE I WATCHED NANOHA ???

I'm a deep Fan

Very deep fan

A's>1st movie> Vivid manga >1st season>Vivid Anime > A's manga > strikers > A's movie >>>>>>>>>>(unknow deep hole of the universe ) >>>>> Force

I love the franchise.

What do you think about the Innocent manga? I'm really behind but I thought it was entertaining up to where I am now.

What do you think about the Innocent manga? I'm really behind but I thought it was entertaining up to where I am now.

better than force ...

Innocent has potential , but i want to see more before i pass judgement. For the sake of a better judgement i'm waiting for more material.

Rainy

Banned
Working!!! 2

That brother in law.....lmao.

Do I see actual progress with Satou and Yachiyo?! Can't wait.

Also I love the ED, might be my favorite one out of all three seasons.

zulux21

It's not the mess everyone said was going to be. Tons of stuff for everyone's taste to watch. Everyone's happy I think. I'm super happy with God Eater as a fan.

As an aside, everyone here seems to be watching that red haired snow white show, and I feel like I am missing out. I'm already watching so much stuff though.

>.> I said summer looked fun before it started, I was confused why everyone said it was gonna be garbage/shit before it started :/

Snow White with the Red Hair 2-3

Yeah this show is pretty good. It isn't the typical damsel in distress that needs help from the prince every damn second. She has a will of her own and is moving forward towards a goal that she set out for herself. It's nice to see strong female protagonists. It was quite nice how on the last episode, Zen didn't intervene when she was in trouble with the Lord.

EDIT: Uh, a quick MAL search on the show shows me that this already has a season 2 aligned in 2016. Pretty cool.

>.> I said summer looked fun before it started, I was confused why everyone said it was gonna be garbage/shit before it started :/
I was of the same opinion, but my tastes don't really align with everyone else's here, so I didn't really fight it lol. I am no connoisseur of the medium, I simply watch stuff for the entertainment value behind it. So maybe this season is bad for people that dig a little deeper into anime. For me, it's a busy season with now 10 shows for me to watch weekly lol.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear - 09

I'm sorry but that not what a DATE is
Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20-%2009.jpg

Oh i guess that explain it all ...........Wait , No it doesnt !
I guess things are turning mostly right ... everyone is alive, the third girl is starting to melt ,i wonder just how this last spurt of plot will change things.

Snow White with the Red Hair 2-3

Yeah this show is pretty good. It isn't the typical damsel in distress that needs help from the prince every damn second. She has a will of her own and is moving forward towards a goal that she set out for herself. It's nice to see strong female protagonists. It was quite nice how on the last episode, Zen didn't intervene when she was in trouble with the Lord.

EDIT: Uh, a quick MAL search on the show shows me that this already has a season 2 aligned in 2016. Pretty cool.

I was of the same opinion, but my tastes don't really align with everyone else's here, so I didn't really fight it lol. I am no connoisseur of the medium, I simply watch stuff for the entertainment value behind it. So maybe this season is bad for people that dig a little deeper into anime. For me, it's a busy season with now 10 shows for me to watch weekly lol.

It's pretty smart that Studio Bones are doing split cours with Snow White considering they already have season 2 of Noragami coming in the fall. So it keeps them from having something rushed and looking bad.

But yeah Shirayuki the female protagonist gives no fucks even when there's a sword pointing at her.

One of these days I'll get around to giving Symphogear another shot.

I remember watching the first episode like, two years ago and just stepping away after that.

javac

New releases for this week (07/21/15)

Blu-ray
Patlabor 2 The Movie [Sentai]
Run Time: 107 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Format: Single disc (1 BD)
Price: BD @ Rightstuf.com: $29.99
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $22.49
KMriGFAm.jpg

Aldnoah.Zero Vol.1 [Aniplex]