• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
SenkiZesshou Symphogear - 01

So i've finally started this show
Man , this cute live concert went to hell QUITE FAST , what a shift in tone... probably the intended effect

As for the rest of the episode, it was alright , aside from the BEASTLY transformation ( is it really a magical girl show ? ) and the inherent conflicct of interet with the other girl. There is potential for more.

Just :
Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20-%2001.jpg

????

Wait from what i've gathered Noise is something everyone is aware of , so NOW you act surprised when your normal weapon doesn't work ? Aren't you supposed to know that it doesn't work? Was this scene only there to show that the army is useless and that the heroines can handlethis sh*t alone ? LOL

Wait from what i've gathered Noise is something everyone is aware of , so NOW you act surprised when your normal weapon doesn't work ? Aren't you supposed to know that it doesn't work? Was this scene only there to show that the army is useless and that the heroines can handlethis sh*t alone ? LOL

The military never learns. How many years have they been shooting guns and using tanks at Godzilla?

The military never learns. How many years have they been shooting guns and using tanks at Godzilla?

So true , but the scene was so "classical" , this was the first thing that popped up in my mind.

This should have been only for when a new ennemy suddenly comes out , not when you know that you have an ennemy at your borders for years.

As for godzilla, pacific rim proved that they should just have build giant robot to punch him in the face and this would have been solved in minutes.

Listen to me, Girls, I am your Father! Ep. 1-END:
soooo CUTE!

First off, this was an adorable story, the MC was good, and the support cast (college/adult) was excellent as well. Raika was a great add-on to the cast but it was unfortunate that they never really progressed the story further with her as the "heroine" since she would have been great in a more promanant role with the MC, heck, even the neighbor (the VA actress) could have been a good score.
I heard someone say that this series was complete trash and I'll address that in a moment because I tend to agree in 1 major area that continued to piss me off throughout. However, with that being said, the portrayal of the day to day life of the little girls with their replacement parent had some really upbeat, cute and happy momets, but also some really sad moments along the way as well.

Overall, it was a good feeling show and well worth the watch. Now, let me address the trash really quick and I'll be harsh for once (shocking, I know, I'm too accepting most of the time).. The way thay portray the little girls to appease a perverse otaku crawd on this one at times was disgusting. I'm sorry if your into loli $hit and this is your kinda thing, but to openly story-age a little girl at 10 and then continue to animate panty/crotch shots and put them into sexual poses was gross. The 14 year old being "in love" with the uncle, yeah, not right, but at that age I can honestly believe/see it happening and they never really went the perverse route with it. (thank goodness and yeah, girls at that age have a LOT going on in their heads.... ) however, they didn't shy away from giving her plenty of panty/bra parts, uugghh. Thankfully, they left the 3 year old alone for the most part, but their portrayal and use of Miu (10) as a sex object at times was just #%@%#$^&$^%^&$&. Sorry, end of rant, everyone has their own likes and opinions and I usually let it slide and look past it, but for this one, it felt out of place and completely unecessary and it is one thing that kept coming back and bothering me, but that is just the father of daughters speaking more than anything, lol. To each their own, but yeah, not needed with this story and/or setting IMO.

Just a reminder from a few weeks ago...

I still maintain that the main character guy adapted all too easily to the single parent lifestyle which kind of made the show seem too tame. And that, perverted otaku character aside, Listen To Me, Girls. I Am Your Father is the better show.

Heh someone didn't watch the true ending to this lol. No don't do it. Keep it the way it is, some things are better left unwatched.

What? No, seriously, what?

They are both bad shows (though one is not meant to be taken seriously).....I still remember reading the continuation of Usagi drop manga......I have no words for my distaste.

People want to deny it, but ]Listen to me, Girls, I am your Father! is still a good show.

Cornbread78

Just a reminder from a few weeks ago...

People want to deny it, but ]Listen to me, Girls, I am your Father! is still a good show.

At least I remember why I added it to my Crunchy queue now, lol.. I was a really good show/story outside of the cringe-worthy otaku loli pandering. It's True/OTA ending actually makes some kind of sense also.

SenkiZesshou Symphogear - 02

Intresting Second episode.
Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20-%2002_01.jpg

Turning ON the SDBURTON SIGNAL

Symphogear start is alright.

Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20-%2002_02.jpg

So many comments i can make
Like the show is so self aware that it has no basis in reality , it even make fun of itself and rolls with it ... Your attidtude doesn't make sense, no matter ..let's go !
3 different characters commented on it during this episode as if the staff was saying : " we know , it's plot hole HEAVY , but it's fun right ???"
Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20-%2002_03.jpg

And now i think i've heard this sentence before .......

SO yeah , quite enjoyable. i also like how episode 2 ended , i hope they take care of this problem quickly ..but i won't hold my breath ..

So like they are fighting AND singing at the same time ?? wouldn't their transformation run out with the slightiest concentration loss ?

Nevermind, plot hole , let's not talk about it for now.

MonMusu 03

If Papi can't put on a swimsuit by herself how does she put on her actual clothes?????

I think I like all of the monsters equally right now.

Symphogear G - 13 [End]

This season was an improvement on pretty much all fronts. More characters, more fights, more silly shit, less sleep inducing drama etc.
I enjoyed the villain from the first season more overall though. This one was prominent from the beginning and had some great goofy reactions, but I dunno it just felt a bit weaker in comparison to me.

I kinda wanted some of the 'impact' moments to have actual repercussions.
C'mon I wanted hibiki to get a mechanical guts arm or something after her real one got chewed off
, instead of just LOLSYMPHOGEAROPIGUESS
Disappointed Genjuurou didn't wrestle with a Nephilim (though him punching a huge rock was neat), next season better have some villain powerful enough that he needs to join in or I'm gonna riot.
tl:dr fun ride, looking forward to the supposed noodles!

The villain in Sypmhogear G is such garbage. He is like the most generic and obvious evil scientist possible who only gets by because his teammates are too stupid to stop him and instead just enable him despite him being clearly the bad guy. Not even being voiced by Sugita can save him.

That was probably the only area G was weaker though

Articalys

Its not that awful. It gets really overblown. Some people are just never happy and they actively look for things to be unhappy about.
Yeah, but if a mistranslation lands on a key term or major plot point, it can mess with the understanding of the show. See ultimatemegax's example earlier of the cavalcade of errors in the first episode of Chu2 S2, or remember how Aniplex mangled almost a minute's worth of dialogue in one Aldnoah episode (which, at least to their credit, they went back and fixed it in short order).

Why did they leave Rokujyouma untranslated? Just call it Apartment Invaders or something.
Because that's how Showgate wanted it to be named internationally. Why did they want it that way? Hell if I know. Maybe they thought that leaving one foreign word in there would make it sound cooler to us Americans.

kewlmyc

Listen to me, Girls, I am your Father! Ep. 1-END:
tumblr_m1toezNuBx1qao70vo1_500.gif

soooo CUTE!

First off, this was an adorable story, the MC was good, and the support cast (college/adult) was excellent as well. Raika was a great add-on to the cast but it was unfortunate that they never really progressed the story further with her as the "heroine" since she would have been great in a more promanant role with the MC, heck, even the neighbor (the VA actress) could have been a good score.
I heard someone say that this series was complete trash and I'll address that in a moment because I tend to agree in 1 major area that continued to piss me off throughout. However, with that being said, the portrayal of the day to day life of the little girls with their replacement parent had some really upbeat, cute and happy momets, but also some really sad moments along the way as well.

Overall, it was a good feeling show and well worth the watch. Now, let me address the trash really quick and I'll be harsh for once (shocking, I know, I'm too accepting most of the time).. The way thay portray the little girls to appease a perverse otaku crawd on this one at times was disgusting. I'm sorry if your into loli $hit and this is your kinda thing, but to openly story-age a little girl at 10 and then continue to animate panty/crotch shots and put them into sexual poses was gross. The 14 year old being "in love" with the uncle, yeah, not right, but at that age I can honestly believe/see it happening and they never really went the perverse route with it. (thank goodness and yeah, girls at that age have a LOT going on in their heads.... ) however, they didn't shy away from giving her plenty of panty/bra parts, uugghh. Thankfully, they left the 3 year old alone for the most part, but their portrayal and use of Miu (10) as a sex object at times was just #%@%#$^&$^%^&$&. Sorry, end of rant, everyone has their own likes and opinions and I usually let it slide and look past it, but for this one, it felt out of place and completely unecessary and it is one thing that kept coming back and bothering me, but that is just the father of daughters speaking more than anything, lol. To each their own, but yeah, not needed with this story and/or setting IMO.

Check out both of the OVAs if you liked the show. The final OVA is the ending of the series. However both OVAs might piss you off given what you said you did't like about the series.

The villain in Sypmhogear G is such garbage. He is like the most generic and obvious evil scientist possible who only gets by because his teammates are too stupid to stop him and instead just enable him despite him being clearly the bad guy. Not even being voiced by Sugita can save him.

That was probably the only area G was weaker though

While I agree on most of this, I wouldn't call him garbage. I think some of his traits fitted the shows general flow of stupid, generic or not.

Lol the new Shokogeki ED is creepy as fuck. Not the song, just the visuals.

Miss the old OP already.

I have no idea why the Soma ending focuses on Hisako and Erina of all people, given neither is that important in the upcoming arc. Hisako does do some stuff that triggers a character arc, but it's literally just the very start of her character arc that happens, with the follow up happening later in a part that won't likely get animated until the next run

I have no idea why the Soma ending focuses on Hisako and Erina of all people, given neither is that important in the upcoming arc. Hisako does do some stuff that triggers a character arc, but it's literally just the very start of her character arc that happens, with the follow up happening later in a part that won't likely get animated until the next run

It's because she's the best.

That's all the reason needed and that's a good thing, unless you don't like her that is.

Mandelbo

Because that's how Showgate wanted it to be named internationally. Why did they want it that way? Hell if I know. Maybe they thought that leaving one foreign word in there would make it sound cooler to us Americans.

That's a little strange, but hey, if they wanted a stupid title then they got their stupid title.

2x2 Ninja Nonsense 03-05

I genuinely haven't been this confused watching an anime since Dokuro-chan, which I think is working in its favour. They ended the last episode with a musical number just 'cause they could, and why not? The show has elicited a few genuine laughs from me so far out of pure bemusement, although I still prefer Dokuro-chan since revels in its outrageousness more. Onsokumaru's lines are so dumb even his voice actor doesn't know how to perform them!

e_i

Miss Monochrome is now being streamed dubbed on CR...

Wait, who dubbed it? Was it licensed by Sentai, or did CR dub it?

SenkiZesshou Symphogear - 04

WAOUH ..that first part was HYPE.

200% pure hype.. Dat fight , counter and that SUPERB shadow bind...

Much impressed
Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20-%2004_01.jpg

The show is really self aware of what its doing .... BRILLANT

And then the second part .. it was mostly things anyone could have guessed so far, was there really a need to tell us ? what ?? the heroine had to know in orderto undergo some character develloppement ? ok then..

And then after some friendship moments , cleary Sdburton approved ( do i have my yuri googles on ? ) , the show went back at being self aware of itself.

Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20-%2004_02.jpg

match-up of the Heavens. Ready for evo 2016 !

Learning how to fight by wacching jet-li movies and playing street fighter ?? BEST TRAINING METHOD , easy explain how the dude was able to interrupt that fight in the previous episode.

wait ......

SenkiZesshou Symphogear - 04

WAOUH ..that first part was HYPE.

200% pure hype.. Dat fight , counter and that SUPERB shadow bind...

Much impressed

And then the second part .. it was mostly things anyone could have guessed so far, was there really a need to tell us ? what ?? the heroine had to know in orderto undergo some character develloppement ? ok then..

And then after some friendship moments , cleary Sdburton approved ( do i have my yuri googles on ? ) , the show went back at being self aware of itself.

Learning how to fight by wacching jet-li movies and playing street fighter ?? BEST TRAINING METHOD , easy explain how the dude was able to interrupt that fight in the previous episode.

wait ......
this is literally the exact explanation they give for his strength later on

Cornbread78

Check out both of the OVAs if you liked the show. The final OVA is the ending of the series. However both OVAs might piss you off given what you said you did't like about the series.

Lol, who knows, I might take a look to see how they play out the story. I have th general idea on how it ends and I'm ok with that since it kind of makes sense.

SenkiZesshou Symphogear - 05

This show has NO RIGHT TO BE THIS ENTERTAINING.

Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20-%2005_01.jpg

Like how many fighting game characters are you going to reference in only 1 show ?

So yeah THIS happenned

Is this show serious , now ? It seems so. but it doesn't prevent them from carefully planning their next move as we enter a territory know as " hype building "
And what better way to create hype than to give a giant sword to a main character ? Yes they nailed it .. let's ditch the heels too , they are in the way !! OH YEAH .. now we're talking ...

Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20-%2005_02.jpg

let's see the answer to that one

^^^and there was no answer provided. I think they finally reached the point where they want to put boundaries on the setting of the show but don't know how since they still want to go crazy with it.

Regardless , this episode was great.. loving it .

Akagami Shirayuki-hime 3

3ODmaMl.jpg

This is a female MC done right.

She gave zero fucks when that Haruka guy pulled out a sword. He thought he could scare her off but naw she didn't give a shit on what he did. Shirayuki was like I wish you would. I'm really glad she didn't need Zen's help instead she used her own resolve and vice versa Zen believed in her. This is some good comfy stuff.

V15q3kz.jpg

Im starting to like this guy.

Obi seems like a interesting character, can't wait to see more of him. I also can't wait to see Shirayuki becoming a court herbalist. It was a good episode.

Tuck

Snow White - 2
Prince Zen is so dreamy.

Was pretty happy with this episode. Sure, she got kidnapepd again, and sure, he had to save her... again. But she wasn't totally defenceless and was actually surprisingly resourceful on her own. Thats what I want to see more of from this show. Besides that, I'm liking it a lot. Show is very pretty, the characters are decent, the writing is mostly ok (though it was kind of heavy handed in episode 1, improved in episode 2). Hope it keeps up.

John Blade

Liking it so far right now for the 1st episode. You follow Dyson who got transfer to be a test pilot for a prototype aircraft at New Edwards Test Flight Center. At the test center, he met his old friend Guld who don't like himat all. I am guessing something happened in the past which cause this tension. From the look of it, both are testing two prototype aircraft but only one will be use for the macross military.

Along with this story arch, you also meet another character Myung Fang who is a director for this virturoid idol name Sharon Apple. She is somehow interconnect between Dyson and Guld. I am guessing it's some sort of triangle love (well, it have Macross name and you kinda expected it). Unfortunately, it didn't end well when all three of them meet together accidentally.

Later on, both Dytson and Guld did some testing with the aircraft and from there you saw a flashback which mean something bad happened between all three characters and also, Guld almost kill Dyson near the end of the OVA.

For now, this episode build the foundation of the show and the character. You have two male characters who know each other from the past but now hate each other to the point they will compete against each other. I am guessing this hate and competition will take us to some interesting place during the testing of the prototype aircraft.

Also, you have some sort of triangle love between this two male characters with Myung Fang which look like it end bad and you see it when all three meet up and a flash back from Guld when he loss control of his aircraft. This will get interesting to see what will happened next.

For animation, because I am watching the Manga DVD copy, it look fine and based on the animation design, it most likely ahead of the time when release. Like how the CG animation match quite well with the normal animation when it been use in proper place.
The minor issue I have (and it might be the DVD quality) is how dark some scene are. I know the scene when they're in the meeting room suppose to be dark but it might be a bit too dark for me to see when I am watching. Other than that, it look great for the most part.

Also, music and sound effect match well in the episode. Can't complain really. I am going

Liking it still and will push on episode 2 of this show.

Lain

Shimoneta 3

The person Saotome was in love with was obvious from the moment she said she wanted help with love stuff. Obviously being voiced by Satomi Arai makes Saotome one of my most liked characters in the show right off the bat.
Great episode overall, what will happen to Anna next, I wonder, let alone to our poor dog of a MC.

Shimoneta 1

1Z1lTXF.jpg

jBk06Nt.jpg

This fucking anime lol.😆

This anime is....................... I just can't explain it. Holy crap is it just straight up craziness. I mean we have a character named Fuwa that stubbornly asks how pregnancy occurs. Then we have Vice President who is a terrorist in secret, showing people what sexuality is. I seriously wouldn't have imagined a premise like this where everyone is strictly on leashes and aren't allowed to say any inappropriate words or they will go straight to the slammer.

This anime almost flew by me. Thank god I gave it a chance because it's really funny.

javac

How's everyone doing? Its been a very crazy week or two and I'm totally out of the loop. It's actually kinda daunting opening this thread because I feel very out of the loop and everything feels totally different hah even-though its been about 2 weeks it feels like an eternity. How's the anime going for everyone?

cajunator

Banned
How's everyone doing? Its been a very crazy week or two and I'm totally out of the loop. It's actually kinda daunting opening this thread because I feel very out of the loop and everything feels totally different hah even-though its been about 2 weeks it feels like an eternity. How's the anime going for everyone?

Im good. Probably even more out of the anime loop than you are lol.

Surprisingly it's pretty.............

Yeah you can probably fill in the blanks.

It's not the mess everyone said was going to be. Tons of stuff for everyone's taste to watch. Everyone's happy I think. I'm super happy with God Eater as a fan.

As an aside, everyone here seems to be watching that red haired snow white show, and I feel like I am missing out. I'm already watching so much stuff though.

jman2050

Working!!! 3

Actual honest-to-god progress on the Yachiyo-Sato front, Inami still hasn't punched Takahashi this season, and yet none of this is the most shocking thing to happen this week.

MATSUMOTO SPOKE

BEFORE THE LAST EPISODE

It truly is the end times.

cajunator

Banned
It's not the mess everyone said was going to be. Tons of stuff for everyone's taste to watch. Everyone's happy I think. I'm super happy with God Eater as a fan.

As an aside, everyone here seems to be watching that red haired snow white show, and I feel like I am missing out. I'm already watching so much stuff though.

Gonna start snow white and possibly Lull in the Sea now that I have those blurays.

I was curious on why so many were watching that Shimoneta anime. So I gave it a try and I definitely understand why. It's pretty funny and over the top. I mean a setting where any explicit word is outlawed and will be arrested if committed. They even use these detectors to capture the suspect. Not something you see everyday.

As for Snow White and the Red Hair, it's a pretty enjoyable and comfy anime. It's pretty good.

Gonna start snow white and possibly Lull in the Sea now that I have those blurays.

I was curious on why so many were watching that Shimoneta anime. So I gave it a try and I definitely understand why. It's pretty funny and over the top. I mean a setting where any explicit word is outlawed and will be arrested if committed. They even use these detectors to capture the suspect. Not something you see everyday.

As for Snow White and the Red Hair, it's a pretty enjoyable and comfy anime. It's pretty good.

I may just drop Umaru and start Snow White. Umaru just pisses me off and is dead weight. I also dropped Durarara, after this many years. The whole thing just has so many characters with so many arcs that I just don't care about anymore.

My GAF hype shows that I picked up were Shimoneta as well as School Live. Both are fantastic. I may just add Snow White to the list. Gonna give episode 1 a shot right now.

javac

Haha is that your "meh" image? Come on there has to be something that's got you excited! :p

Im good. Probably even more out of the anime loop than you are lol.
That's great to hear, I'm glad that your doing good and I'm glad that I'm not the only one out of the loop. I've just been unmotivated as of late. As weird as it sounds, the passing of Iwata in particular which feels like a while ago now actually knocked a lot of wind out of me, that's not weird right? Just not been in the mood for anything, like you just lost your appetite for everything.

Surprisingly it's pretty awesome!
:)

Poorly, I've been playing that stupid DBZ mobile game, and that got me watching random episodes of DBZ all day.
That...doesn't sound too bad to me! :p So there's a new DBZ mobile game? I have a pretty decent phone but I never delve into the games side of things or apps in general which is a bit disappointing as some of the stuff looks interesting and I feel like I'm under-utilizing its 'full potential', that being DBZ mobile games which are obviously the pinnacle.

It's not the mess everyone said was going to be. Tons of stuff for everyone's taste to watch.

Which reminds me, everyone here seems to be watching that red haired snow white show, and I feel like I am missing out. I'm already watching so much stuff though.
I guess that's true, the thread hasn't burnt to the ground so that's great :p

Gods Eater and Chaos Dragon continue to be very inspiring anime, keeping my faith in the future of the medium strong with this goodo storytelling.

Also Free! dub is wonderful.
Glad your optimistic and positive and glad that you're enjoying stuff. That God Eater series got delayed or whatever huh, glad it turned out good so far. Never played the games, that have a decent sized fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom