• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty smart that Studio Bones are doing split cours with Snow White considering they already have season 2 of Noragami coming in the fall. So it keeps them from having something rushed and looking bad.

But yeah Shirayuki the female protagonist gives no fucks even when there's a sword pointing at her.
I am so hyped for Noragami's return. I remember that show being amongst my favourite in Winter '14.

You were right about the show being "comfy" though. There is drama and whatnot, but nothing over the top and the general mood of the show is quite relaxed. Some of the shots look incredibly good too, the show is quite good looking. The characters so far are good too. Looking forward to seeing more character progression as well as how the obvious romance between those two develops aha.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear - 10

Man this episode went back to the good stuff easily.
It's awesome.

Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20-%2010_01.jpg

martial art technique ? it couldn't be ...

Commander , did you just parry a bomb explosion ? WTF ..youre too high specs !!
I'm laughing so much , this character is just SUPERB.

I'm gonna make some guesses , but when it was explained , what that word mean and how it was a tower , it didn't click to me at first , but seeing how the character themselves didn't get it , it just clicked ..i'm willing to bet that
the tower is actually the facility under the school , since it's very deep ... the answer is a reversed tower , one that can be hidden !!

aside from that , my tsundere detector-o-meter broke , because of this:
Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20-%2010_02.jpg

Tsundere level reaching critical levels...

ah the classic , let's talk in the middle of a battlefield scene.. no matter , symphogear already accepted that it was following many rules and breaking them just as easily , because " it's fun who cares"

Well i care , but not that much ... because it's actually fun

i guess it's safe to assume that chris has joined the club. Welcome my tsundere girl !!

Joe Molotov

I'm glad they're using some of the classic promo art for Robot Carnival, it looks great. I can't wait to pick it up. I wish there was a BD release of it, but this is nice too.

MY HEART

Freaking Centaurs being one of the cutest monster girls.

Almost glad Cerea's not a Dairy Breed.

I would have keeled over long ago from any mixture of excessive blushing and all the lactation moments that would surely happen.

Speaking of somewhat naughty things.

That Miia snake tongue action?

100% boner inducing.

And I'm absolutely stoked at seeing greatest girl Suu appearing next week.

Because once again I get to witness the moment one of my favorite characters from a Manga/LN being animated for the first time.

javac

I'm glad they're using some of the classic promo art for Robot Carnival, it looks great. I can't wait to pick it up. I wish there was a BD release of it, but this is nice too.

Yeah Robot Carnival is one of my favorite OVA's of all time bar none and I'm glad that its getting released, bless Discotek they really do good by us eh? Picking up the things nobody else is that deserve releasing like this and Orguss which is out soon. It's a shame that a lot of the stuff they do is DVD only, Diebuster for example on BD would have been amazing but you have to take what you've got and be grateful. Maybe if sales are good they will expand or maybe its too risky for them. In any case I will happily buy Robot Carnival again and place it alongside my import laserdisc and cels.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sore ga Seiyuu! - 03

JFvmaUGl.png

Random reference!

HV2ug6Jl.png

That said, I actually enjoyed learning about the process of the marketing machine that seiyuu have to be a part of. The radio stuff is something you don't get here as an English language anime fan unless you buy like the Ikoku Meiro no Croisée DVDs that have a radio program fully subbed. Most of the radio stuff is just ephemeral for us, and while this doesn't actually reveal anything that you wouldn't be able to infer about radio production from just common knowledge, it's still interesting to just see it on screen. I wonder if at some point they'll do an episode where they start singing because that's what all seiyuu are forced to do.

Also, this is a pointless observation, but I guess a lot of apartment complexes are designed the same way.
From Seiyuu:
9Imn402l.png

From Umaru:
58xJZD3l.jpg

No idea why my brain even caught that.

javac

Robot Carnival will be available to buy at Otakon in case anyone is wondering. As for their next license...imagine if it was Angel's Egg on Blu-ray *tears*

sonicmj1

Ushio to Tora 3

It's keeping strong with the shonen formula. This episode could have been straight from early Yu Yu Hakusho. That's a very good thing. Even without being much of a fighting show, the character interactions (particularly the chemistry between the titular leads) really carry it along.

I might not go further just because I don't know if I really need a show like this right now (Oh, if only I had more time!), but it's definitely something I'd recommend to fans of the genre. It's a sure fit for Toonami.

Also, this is a pointless observation, but I guess a lot of apartment complexes are designed the same way.

From Umaru:
58xJZD3l.jpg

No idea why my brain even caught that.

I lived in an apartment that looked a lot like that while I was in Japan, except there weren't any balconies.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear - 11
Damn military , it's been 13 years since the NOISE appeared , and you're still using regular bullets ?

Facepalm x3

Anyway, quite a powerfull episode. The commander is the BEST character EVER
Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20-%2011_02.jpg

OMG so dependable

So the main antagonist nearly got her ass kicked .. that fight was superb ... and damn she really enjoy torturing little girl , that woman... WHAT a stupid escuse to conquer the world , but that whole sequence did tie a lot of lose ends in term of plot ..

As for that swan song , it was very well executed, i'm only wondering how the plot armor will kick-in

The finale is going to rock SO HARD

Charlotte - 2

The gag with the teleporter getting lunch had me rolling, this show is the absolute best when it's focusing on the comedy.

Charlotte - 3

Yeah ... no. I feel like this was the first real misstep for the series. It feels like they were trying to fit a story that should have been told over more episodes into a single one and the result is a bit of a mess as the characters rush through events one after another. The progression from "I literally just met you" to "I'll totally trust in your plan" to
Im going to have my non-powered friends do a couple stealth takedowns on your hired goons" to "Im going to have this random character confess his feelings for you"
was just, well, a mess. Beyond how nonsensical the plan was I dont feel like they were able to hit the sort of emotional notes given the lightning fast pace and ultimately the amount of time we had to spend with each of the characters.

The comedy fell really flat as well.

Cornbread78

Nodame Cantabile ep. 6-15
tumblr_lq6tweLdVl1qbvovho1_500.gif

There has been some amazing music in this one so far, but of course, it's all famous classical music from the greats, lol. The anime itself has been pretty slow for the most part oitside of some defining moments as the story focuses on Chiaki's budding career/stardust in the music world. Most importantly, for a more traditional "romance" anime, there hasn't been anything going on other than the MC's continued (mild) verbal and mental assault on the Nodame. I mean, he does recognize her musical talent, spends time with her (feeds and somewhat takes care of her eccentric needs) and is cordial in public with her as a neighbor and classmate, but he has shown zero romantic interest in her to this point. No kisses, no hugs, no acceptance of her romantically at all; total unrequited love by Nodame here. There are 9 episodes left so something will change soon, but damn, talk about taking your time to cultivate it.

Which reminds me, the new op/ep suck. The old ep's English lyrics fit the anime perfectly and are so frustrating and sad at the same time, which fit Nodame's feelings perfectly.

Sterok

Aikatsu 10-14

Ichigo is officially crazy for that Christmas stunt. Did she really not think that bring a giant tree home in a day through? Crazy does get her attention though, so maybe she's smarter than she looks. Probably not, given how quickly she fattened up. Otome is eh for a regular secondary character. Two airheads aren't needed. Aoi the detective. She should be called Aoi the Unbeatable, because 14 episodes in and she hasn't lost a single competition yet. Top idol indeed.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear - 12 & 13

For many reasons i'm not going to post pictures of episode 12 & 13 , because i believe that anyone enjoying magical girl shows that hasn't seen symphogear should watch it

That finale was quite good , i have many concerns about some turns of events , but considering that they choose to tell and not explain is their right .

The main vilain motivation were alright ..i've seen better but i've also seen MUCH worse

Symphogear concept work well on paper , the execution of the plot is consistent and the animation is there when they need it.

Overall i'll give it a nice 8.5/10

I hope that season 2 will improve on the base concept because most of the ideas were ok, it's just they opened plenty of possible plots during that finale that i wish to see adressed in later seasons. Hopefully it'll be like phi-brain that took 3 seasons to adress most of the main plot but managed to solve everything.

Quasar

Nodame Cantabile ep. 6-15
tumblr_lq6tweLdVl1qbvovho1_500.gif

There has been some amazing music in this one so far, but of course, it's all famous classical music from the greats, lol. The anime itself has been pretty slow for the most part oitside of some defining moments as the story focuses on Chiaki's budding career/stardust in the music world. Most importantly, for a more traditional "romance" anime, there hasn't been anything going on other than the MC's continued (mild) verbal and mental assault on the Nodame. I mean, he does recognize her musical talent, spends time with her (feeds and somewhat takes care of her eccentric needs) and is cordial in public with her as a neighbor and classmate, but he has shown zero romantic interest in her to this point. No kisses, no hugs, no acceptance of her romantically at all; total unrequited love by Nodame here. There are 9 episodes left so something will change soon, but damn, talk about taking your time to cultivate it.

It is indeed an old fashioned slow burn, that you don't tend to get these days.

Now that I have a clear breaking point I'm wondering if I should watch something else before continuing to the rest of Gintama. Normally I probably would but since it's currently airing the episode count is going up week by week and I don't want to put it off so long I won't be able to watch it as it airs.

The stuff in the second PV for Gintama' looked to be actually getting around to a main plot (WOAH) so that's kind of intriguing, considering the closest the series has to a villain is Takesugi and Kamui, who were both in it. Also finally doing something about the four people who run Edo? I guess that's the Four Devas arc which was set up like 180 episodes ago lol

fertygo

Aikatsu 10-14

Ichigo is officially crazy for that Christmas stunt. Did she really not think that bring a giant tree home in a day through? Crazy does get her attention though, so maybe she's smarter than she looks. Probably not, given how quickly she fattened up. Otome is eh for a regular secondary character. Two airheads aren't needed. Aoi the detective. She should be called Aoi the Unbeatable, because 14 episodes in and she hasn't lost a single competition yet. Top idol indeed.

Otome at her best as smaller re-occurring role at later season, also had one of best episode on entire series, look forward to it!

And yeah that Christmas episode is goddamn memorable, I felt nostalgic about it already.

OVerlord - 03

Hopefully, people will understand the tone of the show clearer now.
Yeah, even if they cut a bunch of things , overlord will be more like that from now on.

AND i loved it ...

Where is my episode 4 , dammit ?

MY love STORY!!

Finally found an anime from my perspective. The awkwardness of largeness is rarely explored in anime or manga. The last character like this that I remember is Jumbo from Yotsuba!

Monster Musume 1-3

This show is nothing but trash. Monster girl harem? Really? Turrible.

Or at least that's what I'd say if I had a shred of decency. But I don't, so I'll enjoy watching this filth each week.

Anyways, Papi is the worst among the monster chicks, without a doubt. Agent Smith is better than them all, to be quite honest.

Currently, my only issue with this show is the amount of times "darling" and "master" are spewed out; especially the former. I mean, gotdamn.

cajunator

Banned
Monster Musume 1-3

Or at least that's what I'd say if I had a shred of decency. But I don't, so I'll enjoy watching this filth each week.

Anyways, Papi is the worst among the monster chicks, without a doubt. Agent Smith is better than them all, to be quite honest.

Currently, my only issue with this show is the amount of times "darling" and "master" are spewed out; especially the former. I mean, gotdamn.

People who watch Monster Musume generally know what theyre getting into.
its a very typical harem, with every trope in the book included. The deluxe package.
its still fun and stupid and Papi is adorable and Miia says darling really sweetly and the whole thing is just kind of fun for funs sake.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Senki Zesshou Symphogear - 12 & 13

For many reasons i'm not going to post pictures of episode 12 & 13 , because i believe that anyone enjoying magical girl shows that hasn't seen symphogear should watch it

That finale was quite good , i have many concerns about some turns of events , but considering that they choose to tell and not explain is their right .

The main vilain motivation were alright ..i've seen better but i've also seen MUCH worse

Symphogear concept work well on paper , the execution of the plot is consistent and the animation is there when they need it.

Overall i'll give it a nice 8.5/10

I hope that season 2 will improve on the base concept because most of the ideas were ok, it's just they opened plenty of possible plots during that finale that i wish to see adressed in later seasons. Hopefully it'll be like phi-brain that took 3 seasons to adress most of the main plot but managed to solve everything.
All you get is MORE DUMB
ENJOY THE RIDE UNTIL SEASON 3

People who watch Monster Musume generally know what theyre getting into.
its a very typical harem, with every trope in the book included. The deluxe package.
its still fun and stupid and Papi is adorable and Miia says darling really sweetly and the whole thing is just kind of fun for funs sake.
Oh I definitely knew what I was getting into, and the show is definitely fun and enjoyable. It was just that rapid firing of darling.

phaze

Of that I was aware. ;p

Steins;Gate 04

Weakest episode yet with not a whole progression of the main story and with most of the time being spent on the search for old computer. + Some facts and foreshadowing for Mayuri, John Titor and Makise. The latter being awfully on the nose.

Mayuri is clearly the secret time traveller keeping watch on Akarin.

Overlord 01

I lasted till the groping part and skimmed through the rest. Doesn't seem like I missed a whole lot and with knowing what happens in 2nd episode, I don't I think will bother with the series any further. Dropped.

Akagami no Shirayukihime 03

Ehh this is not doing it for me. Poorly contrived, dull drama in an overly sugary setting and no real plot hook to hmmmm hook me in. Dropped.

Blade and Soul 02

This was actually ... somewhat decent ? Clearly I will need to suffer through bikini clad gunslinger for the rest of the show (on top of all other, already skimpy designs) there was also some CG dancing in the tavern but the action at the end was pretty good and I'd say theCG they used there for bullets and background animation actually elevated it a bit. The main protagonist doesn't talk much but that's probably for the better.

Thoraxes

Sentai releases for November:

Glasslip (DVD and Bluray)
He is my Master (Sentai Select DVD)
Hidamari Sketch: Honeycomb Season 4 (DVD)
Blue Spring Ride aka Ao Haru Ride (DVD and Bluray)
La Corda D’Oro: Blue Sky Season 2 (DVD and Bluray)
Gatchaman: Movie (DVD and Bluray includes English Dub)
Angelic Layer (Sentai Select DVD)
Dramatical Murder (DVD and Bluray includes English Dub)
Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? (DVD and Bluray)

Man, I was so fucking excited to see Hidasketch Honeycomb till it was DVD only.

GDI

Nothing for me in November from Sentai. I'll probably be done picking up their stuff for a while now until LOGH, Cross Ange, and Shirobako hit. (From November on that is. Gotta get me them Salami-san and Hayate S2 BDs in October after all.)

Damn you TBS holdout period for Hidamari blurays, you bastards.

Overlord - 3
The rekt level in this episode are off the charts.
Momonga giving no shits was great as he tests his skills on the solders. Can't wait for that one sided battle next episode.

Sentai releases for November:

Glasslip (DVD and Bluray)
He is my Master (Sentai Select DVD)
Hidamari Sketch: Honeycomb Season 4 (DVD)
Blue Spring Ride aka Ao Haru Ride (DVD and Bluray)
La Corda D’Oro: Blue Sky Season 2 (DVD and Bluray)
Gatchaman: Movie (DVD and Bluray includes English Dub)
Angelic Layer (Sentai Select DVD)
Dramatical Murder (DVD and Bluray includes English Dub)
Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? (DVD and Bluray)

Will get Hidamari Sketch. Too bad it doesn't have the Graduation Arc included.

cajunator

Banned
Man, I was so fucking excited to see Hidasketch Honeycomb till it was DVD only.

GDI

Nothing for me in November from Sentai. I'll probably be done picking up their stuff for a while now until LOGH, Cross Ange, and Shirobako hit. (From November on that is. Gotta get me them Salami-san and Hayate S2 BDs in October after all.)

No HD wideface no sale.

Monster Musume 1-3

Im in the same boat homie :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom