• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arabesque

World Trigger has apparently done well enough to warrant a second season

A secons season with an "original story arc" aka filler season

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/n...er-tv-anime-gets-new-series-in-october/.90758

On he one hand, I'm happy that the series is successful enough to warrant another anime season (and some of the episodes at the end of the last arc were genuinely good)

On the other, this is Toei on a non-Precure series. It bound to not look great for large stretches of time.

Regardless, pretty glad it's continuing. Will help out the manga at least.

fertygo

I'm not sure how its that bright of news tbh

More like "let give the anime little closure before we kill off the manga later" thing like what happened to NuraMago.

Cornbread78

Of that I was aware. ;p

Steins;Gate 04

Weakest episode yet with not a whole progression of the main story and with most of the time being spent on the search for old computer. + Some facts and foreshadowing for Mayuri, John Titor and Makise. The latter being awfully on the nose.

Mayuri is clearly the secret time traveller keeping watch on Akarin.

Overlord 01

I lasted till the groping part and skimmed through the rest. Doesn't seem like I missed a whole lot and with knowing what happens in 2nd episode, I don't I think will bother with the series any further. Dropped.
Please give it the 3ep rule, the show is not what you think it is.Ep3 is more like how the rest of the show can become quite easily.
Overlord is different that what appearances can make it be.

Akagami no Shirayukihime 03

Ehh this is not doing it for me. Poorly contrived, dull drama in an overly sugary setting and no real plot hook to hmmmm hook me in. Dropped.

Blade and Soul 02

This was actually ... somewhat decent ? Clearly I will need to suffer through bikini clad gunslinger for the rest of the show (on top of all other, already skimpy designs) there was also some CG dancing in the tavern but the action at the end was pretty good and I'd say theCG they used there for bullets and background animation actually elevated it a bit. The main protagonist doesn't talk much but that's probably for the better.

Ah the designs are not really the problem with blade and soul. You're actually in a part where anyone can have hope that blade and soul will be good.
A futile hope i guess.

Arabesque

I'm not sure how its that bright of news tbh

More like "let give the anime little closure before we kill off the manga later" thing like what happened to NuraMago.

I don't know if that's comparable when WT is better received than Nura was in most aspects, and giving the anime little closer by having a new season makes no sense when they could just end it on episode 50 and be done with it.

It's more likely that the sponsors had seen that there was more benefit to greenlighting a new season than there was to not.

What show is that?

World Trigger I guess.

Nodame Cantabile ep. 6-15
tumblr_lq6tweLdVl1qbvovho1_500.gif

Yessss, oh man what a great ride. Having just finished Your Lie in April recently, this really gave me a craving for this show. Was far, far better.

Cornbread78

Fate Zero Ep. 14-18:
The bloody battle for the grail is now in full effect. Kiritsuga is definately not the same character I thought he would be and I'm not sure what to think about him, especially after ep, 18 on the island; he's definately had it rough....You have to love his resolve though... Also, that Excalibur scene was awesome....

javac

Just been listening to the Aku no Hana soundtrack in the background over the last few days, man its really reminding me of just what a masterpiece that show was, fuck, one of my favorite series of all time. What a series. I still need to pick up the manga and finish the story.

phaze

Steins;Gate 05

Miss ]part time worker
triggered all the possible "
closeted time traveller
" alert flags. So much so it almost makes me think it must be a red herring.

Blade and Soul 03

Our tight lipped protagonist continues to bring misfortune to every kind soul that extends hand to her. Better action than in Arslan Senki.

javac

On the wrapping or the paper? Later is still bad!

As far as I'm aware, when it comes to blu-rays, 9 times out of 10 only the amaray is shrink-wrapped, which is why a lot of the times shops throw away slipcovers. So the sticker would be directly on the card but is generally easy to take off :p

Defuser

Gintama ep 281

Damn this Nobunobu guy seems to be a big player among Gintama's bad guys if he is hanging out with Takasugi. Usually the 'throwaway' bad guys in gintama always appear in the first arc episodes and dies/defeated in the last episode of it but this guy appears at the last episode of an arc.

Finally a Madao episode next week.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 01

Everyone's back
Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20G%20-%2001.jpg

Damn if this guy isn't the main vilain by the end of this season , then something is REALLY WRONg with my nose.
But damn did this season start on a high note.

I like ennemies that start their appearance by declaring war to the world..Big thumb up.

Phatmac

tumblr_nrw3waC6TU1qamdcwo3_540.gif
A wonderful end to the best arc of the new Gintama season. It follows the typical serious arc with the bad guy being redeemed in some way while a promise is fulfilled in some way with Aseamon and Gin. I wish a more prolonged battle occurred but it was still a strong emotional story. Tsukky's got some new competition for best girl with Aseamon hopefully being a perminant part of the story. Besides the main conflict we got a new look at a new villain which is in some alliance with Takasugi which is never good. Look at this smug bastard
tumblr_nrw1v0qWCe1tiq1w5o3_540.gif
I hope the story continues strong as we learn more about Gin's past as it still continues to be fascinating. I'm happy with this arc as mostly everything went well....oh shit RIP Gin's nipple for real now.

phaze

Tatami Galaxy 01

Screw this show the people talk too fast.

Watched this recently. Don't worry, first episode is easily the worst in that respect. There are still a few moments later, where it's hard to keep up but in general I didn't have any problems after first episode.

Cornbread78

Fate Zero Ep. 19-END:
Wow, waht a crazy ride of action and depair to finish this one off. I'll admit, I'm still confused as hell to what happened at the end.

Someone please clarify, because I think I missed something important along the way here...
- Kiritsuga Killed Kirai and had Saber destroy the grail, Archer was still alive and took human form and Kirai came back to life.
- The grail opened a "black hole and destroyed the city where the war was held and only the 1 boy survied?
- Ilya had the dreams about being turned into the grail herself, but Kiritsuga thinks she's still alive, but the other family will no longer allow him to see her. Is she now the grail?
- Did Sakura really get reunited with Rin, or is she still under control of the Matoi family even after the grandfather is dead?
- wasn't Rin's mother killed? How was she alive again as a crazy woman then?

Sorry for all the questions, but that ending was really, really confusing...

Jex

Watched this recently. Don't worry, first episode is easily the worst in that respect. There are still a few moments later, where it's hard to keep up but in general I didn't have any problems after first episode.

I think you might mean the best.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 02

Seems like my nose is working perfectly fine.. i'm happy :)

I don't like the new fighters , lacking originality,maybe ?

Hopefully, we can have some character develloppement to shake things up a bit.

And no, you're not just an hypocrite hibiki , you're an idealist ...but hey , my 2 cents...

PS: DAT NEW COMBINAISON ATTACK is good... now that's a good way to show something powerfull

phaze

Fate Zero Ep. 19-END:
Wow, waht a crazy ride of action and depair to finish this one off. I'll admit, I'm still confused as hell to what happened at the end.

Please clarify someone, becuase I think I missed something along the way here...
- Kiritsuga Killed Kirai and had Saber destroy the grail, Archer was still alive and took human form and Kirai came back to life.
- The grail opened a "black hole and destroyed the city where the war was held and only the 1 boy survied?
- Ilya had the dreams about being turned into the grail herself, but Kiritsuga thinks she's still alive, but the other family will no longer allow him to see her. Is she now the grail?
- Did Sakura really get reunited with Rin, or is she still under control of the Matoi family even after the grandfather is dead?
- wasn't Rin's mother killed? How was she alive again as a crazy woman then?

Sorry for all the questions, but that ending was really, really confusing...
1. Pretty much.
2. The whole city wasn't destroyed. Just the immediate neighbourhood of where the hole appeared.
3. I'm not quite sure how much I can tell without spoiling the sequel and it's a matter I don't fully grasp either.
4. Grandfather is still alive. Did you think Kirei killed him on that rooftoop ? Sakura is still under Zouken's control. Her reunion with Rin was just Kariya's dying delusions.
5. Best guy Kariya is a saint and wouldn't hurt his love
I dunno, he wasn't exactly in very sane state so he probably just failed to kill her but still left her brain damaged from lack of oxygen.

Well that's good to hear. Guess I'll stick with it.

Sterok

Snow White with the Red Hair 3

Pressure from other nobles not to fraternize with the common folk. Zen cares not. Shirayuki continues to be a good protagonist.

Cornbread78

1. Pretty much.
2. The whole city wasn't destroyed. Just the immediate neighbourhood of where the hole appeared.
3. I'm not quite sure how much I can tell without spoiling the sequel and it's a matter I don't fully grasp either.
4. Grandfather is still alive. Did you think Kirei killed him on that rooftoop ? Sakura is still under Zouken's control. Her reunion with Rin was just Kariya's dying delusions.
5. Best guy Kariya is a saint and wouldn't hurt his love
I dunno, he wasn't exactly in very sane state so he probably just failed to kill her but still left her brain damaged from lack of oxygen I.

1. Ridiculas..
2. Makes sense then
3. Gotcha, Fate Stay/Night is the next and it is still ongoing, correct?
4. Yes, I thought he died on the rooftop. Wasn't Kariya still alve at the end when he crawled back into the worm pit though? Hard to tell between dillusion and reality there..
5.That's why I was confused since he confessed his love in the same scene, then kills her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom