• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 03

Wait ? another twist ?

Wait, you're supposed to be a bad guy , why are you revealing yourself ?

Man, i hope the writters know what they are doing .

1. Ridiculas..
2. Makes sense then
3. Gotcha, Fate Stay/Night is the next and it is still ongoing, correct?
4. Yes, I thought he died on the rooftop. Wasn't Kariya still alve at the end when he crawled back into the worm pit though? Hard to tell between dillusion and reality there..
5.That's why I was confused since he confessed his love in the same scene, then kills her?

in regards to Kirei, I think after Kiritsugu denied the grail, the grail latched to him, and subsequently granted his wish for destruction and despair, also healing/reviving Kirei & Gilgamesh in the process. It's somewhat touched on next show.

Zouken is like hundreds of years old. From my understanding his body is dead and gone but his soul survives in bodies created through his bug magic. Kariya calls him a vampire because he has to feed from the living to stay 'alive'.

I don't think Kariya crawled back in the pit, Sakura pushed him, and he was eaten alive. He was basically dead already anyway. He didn't bring back the grail so Zouken was not going to let her leave. You'll see her in Stay/Night

Stay Night, btw, just finished its second season this year, and you should put that at the top of your watch list. Not quite as dark as FZ, but more focused and concise, imo.

ab505f797a62001fb21398760d5d5ae01418855744_full.jpg

Im ready.

phaze

1. Ridiculas..
2. Makes sense then
3. Gotcha, Fate Stay/Night is the next and it is still ongoing, correct?
4. Yes, I thought he died on the rooftop. Wasn't Kariya still alve at the end when he crawled back into the worm pit though? Hard to tell between dillusion and reality there..
5.That's why I was confused since he confessed his love in the same scene, then kills her?

3. Right, Fate Stay/Night is a visual novel with three distinct routes: Fate route, Unlimited Blade Works Route, Heaven's Feel route.

Only the first two have been adapted into anime. Both of them by Deen Studio, Fate into TV series and UBW into movie. Neither of these is very well regarded so stay away, at least for the time being. Studio Ufotable took and adapted UBW once again, this time into TV series that just ended it's run. It's on Crunchyroll and it's hmmmm really pretty. As to its other merits, opinions differed. Check it out and decide for yourself. It's much lighter in tone that F/Z. Heaven's Feel is getting a movie adaptation in the future.
4. That was reality I think. His last moments.
5. Not really a big fan of the scene but after sacrificing so much to protect Aoi's own daughter. At least his anger after her accusations is understandable.

What's that Fate/Kaleid liner Prysma Illiad thingy that's airing another season this week?

I think it's some spinoff with magical girls or something like that, Is it like Madoka?

e_i

What's that Fate/Kaleid liner Prysma Illiad thingy that's airing another season this week?

I think it's some spinoff with magical girls or something like that, Is it like Madoka?

Yes, it's alternative universe Fate/Stay Night with Illya as a magical girl. Like Nanoha, it's a magical girl series for boys.

Fine. Link removed.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 04

Chris character arc so far is very good. Dat song
Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20G%20-%2004.jpg

chris blushing is a miracle of the symphoverse !
Dat cliffanger , lol

The white dude is REALLY the vilain ? I Really hope he was so kind of master plan to justify , all these backhanded "detours"

What a poor way to nerf the heroines so that the new girls stand a chance , lol

Saudades

Fate Zero Ep. 19-END:
- wasn't Rin's mother killed? How was she alive again as a crazy woman then?
5. Best guy Kariya is a saint and wouldn't hurt his love
I dunno, he wasn't exactly in very sane state so he probably just failed to kill her but still left her brain damaged from lack of oxygen.
He did jump to the conclusion that he already killed her in his insanity fit though.
And really, the only reason Aoi is left alive after Urobutcher's killing spree is just to give another gut-punch to the viewer (and Rin), since she did pretty much nothing of note and died in a ditch somewhere before the the events of FSN.
I don't think Kariya crawled back in the pit, Sakura pushed him, and he was eaten alive. He was basically dead already anyway. He didn't bring back the grail so Zouken was not going to let her leave. You'll see her in Stay/Night
Kariya did crawl back to the pit to try and save Sakura (or at least that how it goes in the novel) but he died before he could do so (and with Zouken there he wouldn't have succeeded anyway). BTW Sakura didn't push him into the worm pit iirc.
5. Not really a big fan of the scene but after sacrificing so much to protect Aoi's own daughter. At least his anger after her accusations is understandable.
I sometimes get the feeling that Kariya's motive is not always pure. He wants to save Sakura, yes, but also because of his prior attraction to Aoi.
And he does want to kill Tokiomi with his own hands, so what difference does it make if he is framed and Aoi blames him for it? If you look at it this way, he wants to kill Tokiomi (because he's a shitty dad), save Sakura and win Aoi's affection (which is pretty much his delusion). But of course he wouldn't live to see it anyway because of his decaying body.
But this moral ambiguity is what I like about FZ in the first place.
Three steps you need to take before watching it:

1.Lower your expectations.
2.Now lower them some more.
3.And some more.

You are good to go.
It's Cornbread so I'd think FSN is more up his alley than FZ.
Edit: Dammit beaten.

As much as I try to not be hyped for Umaru, your excitement and the gifs are contagious. I know I'm gonna watch it, and I know I'm gonna leave annoyed at the slob-ball that Umaru is. Is this what you guys call hate-watching?

As much as I try to not be hyped for Umaru, your excitement and the gifs are contagious. I know I'm gonna watch it, and I know I'm gonna leave annoyed at the slob-ball that Umaru is. Is this what you guys call hate-watching?

no you are in the pre-hate-watching phase , you're only hate-watching if you continue to watch after to decided that you dislike the show.

Kariya did crawl back to the pit to try and save Sakura (or at least that how it goes in the novel) but he died before he could do so (and with Zouken there he wouldn't have succeeded anyway). BTW Sakura didn't push him into the worm pit iirc.

I don't remember the specifics of the visual aspect, but I distinctly remember at the end when he's sliding into the big pit she's like "never disobey grandfather. Really made me think she did something

All the Working!!! intros are top tier.

But some are more top tier than others.
#TeamPanPanPan

Sigh ..this is what happens , when a show that did plenty of good things within, get flaggued for 1 or 2 scenes taken out of context.. by people who probably don't enjoy the genre or never watched the show.

Seriously guys....

What's the context then lol, anyway, that battle scene that someone just posted looked pretty tight so I'll probably watch it.

After all:

that's what I'd say if I had a shred of decency. But I don't, so I'll enjoy watching this filth each week.

What's the context then lol, anyway, that battle scene that someone just posted looked pretty tight so I'll probably watch it.

In an alternate reality from the normal fate universe, illya is living anormal life with friends at school.( the events of fate zero never happenned )
Then luvia and rin arrive in town in pursuit of "cards of power" that have the powers of heroes.
Ilya get draggued into it and then must collect those cards.. It's a fun magical girl show with plenty of comedy and nods to the normal fate universe.Do expect plenty of magical fights

In season 2 a new character arrives that use some michevous tactics in order to get what she wants , resulting in the gifs you might have seen. it's 1 or 2 scenes at most and it doesn't change the overall theme of the show. a light hearted spin-off of the fate universe with some old , some new characters that can turn a little darker since everyone got something to hide , since it's fate stay night , even when it's a spin-off.

it's a good show, it's fanservice heavy in the way that it references plenty of things from the normal FS/N universe and the show is mostly self aware

Shimoneta 2

ylL3Reu.jpg

Too Lewd.

This anime is probably the most lewdest this season. I can't even count the amount of explicit things that were mentioned in this episode because it was too damn much. This anime reminds me of Seitokai Yakuindomo with the amount of sexual things that are mentioned.

It was a really good episode.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 1-2

These two episodes served as a strong, albeit slightly uneventful, introduction to the second season. Rather than igniting the season with a heavy focus on action, the storytelling, instead, smartly emphasized a more deliberate unfurling of the narrative, introducing and subsequently exploring several new characters, while also re-establishing the peculiar nature of their world and Gatchamans role within it. Though this approach could have been overly tedious, the story has been well-paced to this point, largely avoiding any sort of monotony.

VAPE isn’t exactly compelling, weakened by Suzuki‘s exceedingly cliché motivations and the overly literal depiction of them as violent apes. If they’re to be the primary antagonist of the season (which is admittedly unlikely), I’m hoping that they’ll be afforded some more complex development. A shadowy organization such as theirs would be better utilized as an ultimately secondary threat. Despite their uninteresting construct, the foreshadowing of VAPE as a means to increasingly weaken the societal perception of Gatchamans’ recent efforts, is a rather intriguing narrative thread. As a result, the established story feels like a natural evolution from everything that occurred in the previous season.

The bits of insight that have been gradually woven into Gelsadra’s development have notably elevated her characterization and the intrigue surrounding her, resulting in a surprisingly interesting character. Her psychological fragility could very easily become dangerous, as such an eventuality was cleverly foreshadowed on several occasions. This was particularly evident in her reactions to others and their dichotomous emotions, as these moments were consistently and quietly conveyed in a manner that foretold a problematic future. Her idealized dreams for a universally blissful world seem not only naïve, but potentially destructive. Suzuki‘s intermittent appearances have merely portrayed him as a comparatively lifeless character; one comprised solely of tiresome aspirations and a thoroughly dull personality. Perhaps he will improve as the story progresses, but it seems unlikely.

Hajime remains a fairly endearing protagonist. Though I often expect her perpetually exuberant personality to become tiresome, it rarely has. Her newly fashioned role as a mentor to Tsubasa suits her exceedingly well, smartly broadening her potential to experience some meaningful development as the story progresses. Though a very interesting antagonist, Katze was one of the less enjoyable characters in the first season. As such, I wasn’t exactly confident that their continued involvement would be anything more than an irritating unpleasantness. Thankfully, however, Katze and Hajime’s occasional interactions have been quite amusing so far, noticeably benefited by how fleeting Katze’s interjections have been. Without such restraint, their dynamic would likely become distractingly obnoxious.

Tsubasa is a moderately engaging character so far, as her personality is rather enjoyable, despite its occasional similarity to Hajime’s. Her struggles are certainly interesting, if not a bit cliché, but they could very easily become repetitious if not handled properly. Thankfully, her development was skillfully executed throughout the first two episodes, particularly evident in the final scene of the second episode. Paiman’s excursion into a daycare was the highlight of the second episode, which would have been greatly improved had it been slightly more prominent. His personality consistently provides some of the most effective humor in the show. Hopefully the other characters, such as O.D. and Joe, become more prominent as this season progresses, since they’ve been relegated to the periphery so far and the new characters, despite their potential, aren’t quite as compelling.

Nakamura’s direction, though not quite as refined in its chaos as it was in Trapeze or Tsuritama (and, by all accounts, Mononoke, though I haven’t yet watched that series), is refreshingly confident in its appreciation of the bizarre and imaginative constructs of the world within Gatchaman. The strangely fantastical nature of the series works wonderfully with his directorial sensibilities. Taku Iwasaki’s music, though the majority of it remains variations on what underscored the first season, has been wonderfully energetic throughout, strongly complementing the lively atmosphere that permeates each episode. The excellent theme song and its numerous renditions were filtered into both episodes exceedingly well.

The production values are, similar to those found in the first season, highly inconsistent. Of the numerous flaws that sporadically exist within the production, there is only one that has, so far, proven to be of any significance, which is the middling and occasionally poor animation. This bit of mediocrity was displayed most egregiously during the press conference in the second episode, which was distractingly littered with highly stilted animations. The colorful visuals, on the other hand, enrich the unusual tone within the show considerably, notably elevated by the painterly aesthetic found within the backgrounds. The OP is superb, excelling with its artistic direction and its ability to so effortlessly capture the tone present within the series. The ED is cleverly storyboarded and quite visually striking, but the song itself is rather weak.

All in all, the first two episodes of this season have proven to be a solid and reasonably satisfying continuation to the surprisingly engaging, albeit highly inconsistent, first season. The enormously energetic and often bizarre atmosphere complements the uniquely eccentric characters immensely well, creating a series that, quite often, feels refreshingly atypical, especially within a season of anime that has been as dismal as this one. Despite Gatchaman largely failing to elevate itself beyond existing as one of Nakamura’s weaker efforts, it has managed to be consistently enjoyable nonetheless. Hopefully the relatively impressive start to this season is indicative of a quality that will persist as the story continues.

phaze

He did jump to the conclusion that he already killed her in his insanity fit though.
And really, the only reason Aoi is left alive after Urobutcher's killing spree is just to give another gut-punch to the viewer (and Rin), since she did pretty much nothing of note and died in a ditch somewhere before the the events of FSN.
Oh I was wondering about that after UBW.
I sometimes get the feeling that Kariya's motive is not always pure. He wants to save Sakura, yes, but also because of his prior attraction to Aoi.
And he does want to kill Tokiomi with his own hands, so what difference does it make if he is framed and Aoi blames him for it? If you look at it this way, he wants to kill Tokiomi (because he's a shitty dad), save Sakura and win Aoi's affection (which is pretty much his delusion). But of course he wouldn't live to see it anyway because of his decaying body.
But this moral ambiguity is what I like about FZ in the first place.

I didn't really get that impression when watching it. At least at the beginning, I
think Kariya is sane enough to realise that there's no way something like that would happen were he to kill Tokiomi.

Sigh ..this is what happens , when a show that did plenty of good things within, get flaggued for 1 or 2 scenes taken out of context.. by people who probably don't enjoy the genre or never watched the show.

Seriously guys....

Hey ! I admitted to the last one ! And I showed off the better side of the show too.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 05

can this show just stop with those cliffangers ? i'm trying to find a moment to stop and i don't find one.

cajunator

Banned

The fight scenes are awesome tier no matter what people think of the rest of it. Worth a watch if you like mahou shoujos.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 04

Chris character arc so far is very good. Dat song

Dat cliffanger , lol

The white dude is REALLY the vilain ? I Really hope he was so kind of master plan to justify , all these backhanded "detours"

What a poor way to nerf the heroines so that the new girls stand a chance , lol

Chris is a cutie. She looks like Yukihira.
I should start Symphogear.

Himouto!-Umaru-chan-anime-gif-anime-2248585.gif

almost time

Best gif of the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom