• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 06

Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20G%20-%2006.jpg

what a mean insult !

Man that scientist really went into "boring" mode... i was intrested by his plan, but seeing him crumble into insanity make him ..boring , yes boring it is

As for the rest , the animation during the fight really was good..
i'm just disapointed that , at Ep 6 , the sign of drama are finally there.

Played about an hour of a half of that J-stars Victory Versus game on PS4. Even as a big shonenlord it's a pretty shitty game, don't play it. It feels like a game from the PS2 era which is fitting because these fanservice WSJ fighters haven't evolved past that era and the cast is 50% the same

Played about an hour of a half of that J-stars Victory Versus game on PS4. Even as a big shonenlord it's a pretty shitty game, don't play it. It feels like a game from the PS2 era which is fitting because these fanservice WSJ fighters haven't evolved past that era and the cast is 50% the same

I'm still salty they made Allen Walker from D-Gray Man a support character instead of a playable character and that Zoro from One Piece wasn't a playable character as well.

Also how do you have Chitoge as a support character but not Light?

Reknoc

Eh I enjoyed what little I played of it, though I didn't expect much. I feel these arena combat games with no balance fits better for jump games than anything else would.

Senki Zesshou symphogear G - 08

At this point , i'm just riding the wave, betrayals, sudden reveals , cliffangers ( literrally ), tears , regrets. It's all there !!

AND IT ENDED on yet again another cliffanger !!

Man if i was watching this show weekly i would be so pissed by those cliffangers. the more intresting is that those are proper cliffanger , not just boring ones that hold no value

It took 8 episodes , 2 betrayals for that maria finally decide to fight for real.

Umaru 3

Today actually wasn't that bad and there a few funny moments like the one at the very end. Alright, alright, MAYBE it isn't as bad as I thought. But so far it's been 2 annoying episodes vs 1 okay episode. If they are all like this then it's fine. Give the brother a break LOL.

Sterok

Umaru 3

As I expected, Kirie is where this is going to improve. A much more interesting side character than Ebina, that's for sure. Also even crazier than Umaru. Brother is still the best of course.

Gangsta 4

This show is so good. We got a bit of the story behind Worick and Nicolas as kids, and right at the end we get to see them both in action, with a tough enemy showing up and defying the laws (I guess they still have those) of the city. This is some good shit.

Cornbread78

Nodame Cantabile ep. 16-End
wait, so is that it? It took 23 episodes to progress their relationship to a back hug? The tone and music were excellent, as well as the character development. Nodame was eccentric as always and the MC grew quite a bit as a person, however, the relationship development was as slow and anti-climactic as ever. You were always waiting for "that moment" that never really arrived. Maybe they were going for the art of imagination and subtlty..

I lied..
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5690/Nodame_Cantabile_Finale

Hellraider

Umaru-chan - 03

Maaaan, I wish more horror anime were being made. I know that live action is where it's at when it comes to asian horror, but I never have enough motivation to sit through a whole movie alone.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 09
Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20G%20-%2009.jpg

How freaking much do you love your martial arts movies, commander , lol ??
People made fun of the heroine "let's talk" when they are on the battle field , but seriously , IF only you guys were actually talking to say the important things, i'm quite sure we wouldn't have YET AGAIN another cliffanger

I want to met the writter of this season to give him 2 slap on the face because of those cliffanger and the vilain and One nice pat on the back because it's entertaining as f*ck

Man, so does anybody know what happened with all the shows Funimation licensed like two years ago?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ss-tales-of-the-abyss-witch-hunter-robin-more

posted on 2013-08-10
Anime studio Sunrise announced at its panel at Otakon on Saturday that Funimation has licensed the following anime titles:

Tales of the Abyss
Witch Hunter Robin
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
Angel Links
Crest of the Stars
Banner of the Stars
Banner of the Stars II
Passage of the Stars - Birth

Really want to watch some Crest of the Stars, it doesn't look like they did ANYTHING with any of the shows that they licensed. What the fuck is up with that? I expected either a blu-ray remaster or just throw the old DVDs up on their site for streaming, but I don't think any of those shows are available for streaming and the only discs available are old pressings or different regions (I think AU has a blu-ray version of Code Geass).

That's not normal, right? It's been just about two years and I don't think they've announced that they'll do anything with any of those shows. What is going on?

Man, so does anybody know what happened with all the shows Funimation licensed like two years ago?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ss-tales-of-the-abyss-witch-hunter-robin-more

Really want to watch some Crest of the Stars, it doesn't look like they did ANYTHING with any of the shows that they licensed. What the fuck is up with that? I expected either a blu-ray remaster or just throw the old DVDs up on their site for streaming, but I don't think any of those shows are available for streaming and the only discs available are old pressings or different regions (I think AU has a blu-ray version of Code Geass).

That's not normal, right? It's been just about two years and I don't think they've announced that they'll do anything with any of those shows. What is going on?

The rightsholder, Sunrise, has been incredibly slow at retrieving and sending the materials to Funimation and Sentai Filmworks for those titles. The companies can't release/upload items they don't physically/digitally have, so it's a waiting game for Sunrise to act.

Sunrise was busy looking for someone to license the entire Gundam franchise and is busy focusing on releasing those titles in NA via RightStuf's distribution arms, so that may be a factor in the delay, but we'll never know.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 10

Symphogear G is awesome ...n'uff said

Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20G%20-%2010_01.jpg

Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20G%20-%2010_02.jpg

Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20G%20-%2010_03.jpg

Those 2 characters are , like the best things from the symphogear meta-verse

WHAT an episode , excellent fights, good tension , plenty of nice shots in order to showcase both sides of the problem
I have no complains.

Is the first season good? How long is it?

The first season i gave a 8.5/10 , the second season is trending for a higher note right now.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Himouto! Umaru-chan Episode 3:

Right, this show quite frankly doesn't have anything left in the tank to keep me watching, onto the pile of the culled it goes. The pile of the dropped is coming fast and hard this season.

Exalted

Gangsta 4

I still can't get over how stupid some of the fights are. That kid with the knife was doing backflips and just killing "trained" grunts with asault weapons. They almost make stormtropers competent in comparison. Wouldn't be such a problem if the show wouldn't take itself so serious, while at thesame time showing something that completely makes no sense.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 11

Within an episode with great animation, good oneliner and the vilain that is now unrestricted i can only applaude the end result.
Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20G%20-%2011.jpg

It's too late , let's laugh together !

Finally an episode that doesn't end on a cliffanger but i'm sure ain't stopping with only 2 eps left .... LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cajunator

Banned
Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 11

Within an episode with great animation, good oneliner and the vilain that is now unrestricted i can only applaude the end result.

Finally an episode that doesn't end on a cliffanger but i'm sure ain't stopping with only 2 eps left .... LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So thats how they get you :)

Is symphogear mecha or magical girl or...whats it comparable to?

Shimoneta 3

U9BO4tu.jpg

QtgPt0n.jpg

Welp a route has been unlocked.

To think getting kissed could give a complete 180 change to a character. Nonetheless a character who's sole purpose is to ban dirty things. Then again this is the power of lewdness.

Shimoneta 3

To think getting kissed could give a complete 180 change to a character. Nonetheless a character who's sole purpose is to ban dirty things. Then again this is the power of lewdness.

I seriously can't wait to see just how big of a turn of events this was for this character. This show is way too good lmfao.

Mature

Gangsta 4

I still can't get over how stupid some of the fights are. That kid with the knife was doing backflips and just killing "trained" grunts with asault weapons. They almost make stormtropers competent in comparison. Wouldn't be such a problem if the show wouldn't take itself so serious, while at thesame time showing something that completely makes no sense.
I sorta figured this is what the show would end up being.

Nodame Cantabile ep. 16-End
wait, so is that it? It took 23 episodes to progress their relationship to a back hug? The tone and music were excellent, as well as the character development. Nodame was eccentric as always and the MC grew quite a bit as a person, however, the relationship development was as slow and anti-climactic as ever. You were always waiting for "that moment" that never really arrived. Maybe they were going for the art of imagination and subtlty..

I lied..
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5690/Nodame_Cantabile_Finale

If you want to see people kiss and make out, well, anime is not the place to find that, sorry to tell you.

Kansoku

These Symphogear posts are not good. When I think I'm getting close to finishing my backlog you guys keep making me put more stuff on it.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 12 & 13

The ending part draggued a little too much , but overall that was a good ending.

I'm satisfied...but goddamn...quite a bit of people died

The main vilain Sucks ...predictable, and not that much intresting ..mostr of the fun from this season came from anyone else..

But overall symphogear G was alright

It's a 8/10 ... very intense , very impressive at times but it lacked a nice vilain.
The ending was fine, the powers are ok , they did take care of something very nasty in term of plot hole so i'm ok with this..

Let us hope that the third seasonwon't be as cliffanger heavy as season 2

These Symphogear posts are not good. When I think I'm getting close to finishing my backlog you guys keep making me put more stuff on it.
I'm not even sorry , my backlog is probably bigger than yours ... Feels good to have a nakama.
It is. Pretty much every episode ends on a cliffhanger, especially this latest one

Oh goddamn. Oh well , i might cool down a bit before starting that one.

Mandelbo

From what I've seen so far it's more of a magical girl show. It has transformation scenes and in order to use their powers they must constantly sing. Although the home base being in constant contact with the symphogear girls is a little like a mecha show, it's more or less magical girl combat.

Symphogear is :
-60% magical girls
-15% singing
-3% drama ( drama between heroines + people with nonames dying left and right)
-3% mecha transformation
-14% cool fighting ( because fighting style style is better )
-5% Sdburton paradise

Yeah that probably it.

i wish this were true, considering what's airing this season.

I suppose I said that poorly. Let me clarify. If you want to see girls shove tits and ass in your face, then yes, you can find plenty of that in anime. If you want actual romantic development with two people steadily falling in love with each other to the point of commitment to each other, then no, anime will not give you much of that.

(Although if you do want to see that in anime, you can always watch Emma: A Victorian Romance.)

Cornbread78

If you want to see people kiss and make out, well, anime is not the place to find that, sorry to tell you.

Umm yeah...

The problem with this one is that it's a SoL anime, that's it (pretty good one too). I was just expecting something a little different.

I don't need characters stripping down and makin' bacon to appreciate the anime. What I appreciate is good character and relationship development, including "the chase" to get there, and everything along the way; the good and bad. With Nodame Cantabile, the relationship between Chiaki and Megumi was always there, but never developed or focused on and there was no "romance." Maybe that changes in the Paris episodes and beyond, so we'll see.

I suppose I said that poorly. Let me clarify. If you want to see girls shove tits and ass in your face, then yes, you can find plenty of that in anime. If you want actual romantic development with two people steadily falling in love with each other to the point of commitment to each other, then no, anime will not give you much of that.

(Although if you do want to see that in anime, you can always watch Emma: A Victorian Romance.)

I missed this when I started posting, but yeah, this is what I was looking for and appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom