• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Bikini Warriors 3 - OK. This one amused me. The whole 'as adventureres we're allowed to go into peoples houses and rifle through their chests and take stuff to aid our quest' amused me greatly. Makes me want a full 'murder hobos' show.

Ore Monogatari 16

Man, I really, really love this show. It's just so good. And the cuteness. Aaahhh. it's just too much. Every. Single. Episode.

Okusama 1

Well I certainly wasn't expecting this kind of show.

Okusama 2 & 3

Meh.

There's really nothing good or bad about this, so I'll probably keep watching, especially since the episodes are so short. Actually, I think more anime should and could make do with having shorter episodes like this. It keeps things from dragging.

Gbraga

I'll probably write a bit more about what I watched tomorrow morning, but let me just say that Umaru-chan's post credits scene was the most hilarious thing I've watched in a long time.

HGGGNNNNNNNNNNNNN SHE'S SO ADORABLE

Assassination Classroom Episode 22 (engDub)
CKju182W8AElqEn.png

Perfect funiDub, Lorvo's voice made me laugh a lot this episode, and then Takaoka at the key scene. This anime is so fun this second time through and Ill definitely go through it again.

Isogai, Maehara, Terasaka, Itona, Karma kun, Nagisa, Karasuma sensei, all for best voices.

Oh man, I had no idea D. Gray-man started back! I'm so happy! I think I'm gonna rewatch the anime and reread the manga. I kinda have to though, at this point; I've forgotten a lot of the details of what's going on. But still, it's back!

The rightsholder, Sunrise, has been incredibly slow at retrieving and sending the materials to Funimation and Sentai Filmworks for those titles. The companies can't release/upload items they don't physically/digitally have, so it's a waiting game for Sunrise to act.

Sunrise was busy looking for someone to license the entire Gundam franchise and is busy focusing on releasing those titles in NA via RightStuf's distribution arms, so that may be a factor in the delay, but we'll never know.

Thanks, I didn't even think that the problem might lie with Sunrise. I hope whatever the holdup is gets resolved.

Oh man, I had no idea D. Gray-man started back! I'm so happy! I think I'm gonna rewatch the anime and reread the manga. I kinda have to though, at this point; I've forgotten a lot of the details of what's going on. But still, it's back!

That's what I've been doing as well. I'm currently rereading the manga and I've to say it's definitely worth rereading as you end up catching some details you wouldn't get on the first run. I have to say I really love the atmosphere of the series, it has that Lovecraftian vibe.

As for the anime it was pretty damn good with the exception of the filler. It got really good after episode 50. Seriously though this year has been really great with D-Gray Man and Berserk returning. I'd be even more excited if a D-Gray Man anime continuation was announced but I doubt that will happen.

Short hair Lenalee is the miracle of the universe even if some prefer twintail Lenalee.

Shimoneta 3

To think getting kissed could give a complete 180 change to a character. Nonetheless a character who's sole purpose is to ban dirty things. Then again this is the power of lewdness.

I'm really interested to see where they go with this. They can't just leave it at that after all.

Gintama 204

Hilarious episode. One of the best.

Is it just me or does Kagura have some bad role models? A stalker, a courtesan, a violent ape woman and worst of all, Gintoki.

You're almost at episode 214 which is the start of the 4 Devas arc. That arc is real good and it pretty much has the best Ending.

I'm really interested to see where they go with this. They can't just leave it at that after all.

Well considering the Preview for the next episode showed something lewd. I think we're in for a big one.

That's what I've been doing as well. I'm currently rereading the manga and I've to say it's definitely worth rereading as you end up catching some details you wouldn't get on the first run. I have to say I really love the atmosphere of the series, it has that Lovecraftian vibe.

As for the anime it was pretty damn good with the exception of the filler. It got really good after episode 50. Seriously though this year has been really great with D-Gray Man and Berserk returning. I'd be even more excited if a D-Gray Man anime continuation was announced but I doubt that will happen.

Short hair Lenalee is the miracle of the universe even if some prefer twintail Lenalee.
Yeah, I think I'm gonna start rereading it this week. I still remember the major plot points, but some of the finer details are all but missing from my memory. And the art in D. Gray is amazing. It's what initially drew me in.

I agree on the anime. It was really good. And yeah, the filler wasn't too hot. Though, for most anime, I usually feel that way about filler episodes, with a few exceptions.

I agree. Short hair Lena is awesome!

Edit: I've still not read any of the new Berserk stuff, but I'll get to that soon too.

This new chapter of D. Gray was amazing. Really major stuff and thangs happened.

Umaru-chan 03

Even with perfect footwork , i don't think one could take on ghosts .

Glad that new character appeared.. hopefully it's going to change the dynamics of the show a bit.

The rightsholder, Sunrise, has been incredibly slow at retrieving and sending the materials to Funimation and Sentai Filmworks for those titles. The companies can't release/upload items they don't physically/digitally have, so it's a waiting game for Sunrise to act.

Sunrise was busy looking for someone to license the entire Gundam franchise and is busy focusing on releasing those titles in NA via RightStuf's distribution arms, so that may be a factor in the delay, but we'll never know.

I wish they would hurry up, I need my Alma of Sacred Seven on BD.

Umaru-chan 3

This anime is too goddamn adorable, I can't take it. Sweet Jesus is this cuteness overload.

Kirie is such a funny character.

To be fair, the Yokai Umaru parts made me laugh out loud. Guess the show ain't as bad as I thought it was. At least for now.

So Save 'N Quit is attracted to horse ass. Duly noted.

He's attracted to all kinds of ass if his posts are of any indication. All kinds.

Cornbread78

Shimoneta 1-3
I gotta say this is a fun show. Lots of crazy stuff going on, but it's funny and entertaining, so I'll take it as another mindless and fun show. That ending of ep.3 was awesome, I'm wondering how they are going to explain this one to Anna, I mean, he was
with the little artist girl dressed like a woman, lol.

Thanks, I didn't even think that the problem might lie with Sunrise. I hope whatever the holdup is gets resolved.

I recall reading that Escaflowne was suppose to get a UK BD release by the end of this year. Maybe we'll get some news on some Bandai rescued titles at Otakon this week

sonicmj1

In retrospect, X Gonna Give it to Ya is homophobic as fuck.

It's "Where the Hood At" in that mashup, but yeah, the song's basically about how he hates gay and trans people. It's fucked up.

Himouto! Umaru-chan 3

Finally, this episode provides some hope for this show for a few key reasons:

• More Umaru being cute, less Umaru being a brat
  • New characters that encourage conflict between both sides of Umaru's life
I guess that's about it, but it's a nice start. If things keep improving along those lines it could be awesome, and if I weren't being so merciless about culling just about everything from this season (I'll probably just be left with Working and Prison School), I'd probably stick with it.

Alas.

Gangsta 4

MrBaT7u.jpg

Kid Nic is too moe.

Man did this specific scene hit me real hard especially the way Nic said he couldn't hear, it's pretty sad. I'm really loving how they are adding bits of scenes of Nic and Worick's past. It shows a bit of an understanding of how they were as kids. It also seems Worick has the condition of Hyperthymesia where he can abnormally remember a vast amount of his life experience. Feel bad for Alex as she seems to be having some nightmares.

The end was pretty hype especially when the OST was playing in the background.

Gangsta 4

Man did this specific scene hit me real hard especially the way Nic said he couldn't hear, it's pretty sad. I'm really loving how they are adding bits of scenes of Nic and Worick's past. It shows a bit of an understanding of how they were as kids.

Also when Worick at the end threw the book at him for him to go away, and later when Worick was all alone locked up and no one could get him out, and Nic just walks in with the book to give it back saying that it was too hard for him to read it. This show has been surprisingly entertaining to watch. Definitely one of my favourites this season so far.

kewlmyc

It's "Where the Hood At" in that mashup, but yeah, the song's basically about how he hates gay and trans people. It's fucked up.

Thanks, I always get them mixed up.

Gangsta 04

Glad where getting some backstory on Worick and Nicolas. Seems both of them were abused as kids of the bruises are anything to go by? Color me shocked.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I like Overlord's take on being a MAX level character in a MMORPG world turned real. IE wrecking shit in all sorts of ways. Obviously power level scaling will happen at some point, but I'm digging it so far.

Gangsta is pretty damn good too

And so was Gintama!

Moral of the story: this season has some good shows!

Edit: also, I've been trying to slog through D-Gray Man anime so far and it's pretty average. There have been a few random good mini-arc's but nothing has actually happened in the first 20 or so episodes. Animation and filler being below average also makes me sad.

I like Overlord's take on being a MAX level character in a MMORPG world turned real. IE wrecking shit in all sorts of ways. Obviously power level scaling will happen at some point, but I'm digging it so far.

Gangsta is pretty damn good too

And so was Gintama!

Moral of the story: this season has some good shows!

Edit: also, I've been trying to slog through D-Gray Man anime so far and it's pretty average. There have been a few random good mini-arc's but nothing has actually happened in the first 20 or so episodes. Animation and filler being below average also makes me sad.

The first 50 episodes are filled with filler (Biggest problem with many Shonen anime adaptions) which is why it's slow, but damn once you hit episode 50 and continue on things get really goddamn good. The manga also lacks all the filler the anime has which is why it doesn't feel like a slog. Honestly the first 50 episodes are worth slogging through because the rest after that is when things start to get really serious and the stakes are really really high. So yeah pretty much the first half is slow due to filler and building things up.

So keep on watching D-Gray Man trust me it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom