• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCHOOL-LIVE! 2

The pink haired girl is the worst thing about this show. Her scenes are a real chore to get through.

The library scene was great. More of that please.

The foreshadowing and set up and all the little details in the visuals and dialogue..this show is doing some fantastic things.

Infinite Ryvius 2

Well things are already going downhill fast for the Liebe Delta. How much longer before we start seeing people drop like flies?

TUSR

Banned
Gintama - to 33

Im averaging 2-3 episodes a day.

But damn, does this show really hit all the marks. The memory loss arc was pretty good.

Ive never watched a show with so many likable characters.

SOmXTAW.png
tVlFzLv.png

24QRady.png
UKMHNw6.png

Sasuga Rito.

Doesn't even take him a second before activating his god given talents.

And capturing the hearts of every younger sister that he knows.

Including his own.

And thank you TLRD for giving me my slime action a week early.

You and the rest of the shameless stuff happening in all my shows just continue to make this season spectacular.

Well, this is way more intense of a show than I was expecting. And way more violent.

And Kiyoshi's friends ain't shit, gat dam. Except maybe Gakuto.

And poor Hana, dear lord lol.

jonjonaug

That doesn't look very good for a movie. I might be comparing it to movies that have done really well though.

You are, yeah. Although I did expect it to sell more, this is partially due to disc shortages too. It'll probably end up around the 50K+ mark, which is great for an anime film that isn't Ghibli, Eva, Madoka, Gundam UC, or something incredibly huge like that. I suppose if you want to look at it negatively, this would make Psycho-Pass the worst selling Urobuchi film on home media (Expelled From Paradise being at least 70K, Madoka recaps being over 100K, and Madoka Rebellion being over 185K).

Saudades

I don't remember the specifics of the visual aspect, but I distinctly remember at the end when he's sliding into the big pit she's like "never disobey grandfather. Really made me think she did something
I think the line comes off more sinister in the anime. Some people here had the same impression as yours.

Oh I was wondering about that after UBW.
Yeah iirc she died in the hospital or smth, and in UBW her grave was shown next to Tokiomi's.

http://www.someanithing.com/3557
BD/DVD sales post
Guess we getting more Psycho-Pass afterall lol
I don't think that's particularly high for an anime movie.

ibyea

Banned
Akagi: 1-3
I don't know what the hell is going on because Mahjong, but it's entertaining as hell.

Death Note (Live Action): 1-3
Live action Death Note was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

phaze

Mushishi 20
Please tell me it's okay to ship them. They're already bound by the c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶h̶o̶o̶d̶ promise.

Steins;Gate 06
Episode 2 of
miss part time worker giving off obvious hints that she's from future.
Clearly a red herring.
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

+ Some very foreboding dream/flashforward? for our cray cray scientist. With Makise's talking about time dilation if I got it correctly.

Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 03

After a lengthy break, the usual formula wasn't as tiring as usually though I imagine that will change very soon. Show remains as wacky and out of there as ever.

Jarmel

Banned
You are, yeah. Although I did expect it to sell more, this is partially due to disc shortages too. It'll probably end up around the 50K+ mark, which is great for an anime film that isn't Ghibli, Eva, Madoka, Gundam UC, or something incredibly huge like that. I suppose if you want to look at it negatively, this would make Psycho-Pass the worst selling Urobuchi film on home media (Expelled From Paradise being at least 70K, Madoka recaps being over 100K, and Madoka Rebellion being over 185K).

Good lord, Expelled did that well?

Why couldn't he do the new Gundam over Okada? :(

OceanBlue

Mushishi 20

Please tell me it's okay to ship them. They're already bound by the c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶h̶o̶o̶d̶ promise.

I can't tell you if it's okay or not, but I definitely do!

I guess so. When I think of anime movies that did decently, I think of the Nanoha movies and the Idolm@ster movie, which I'm pretty sure each opened to around 50k-60k first week sales. That said, I only paid attention to them because I like the franchises, so for all I know a lot of movies open to much lower sales lol.

Mandelbo

2x2 Ninja Nonsense 06

My God... Are they actually trying to introduce a story? What terrible responsibility looms over Shinobu's shoulders? Knowing the show, though, I guess it will disregard it completely come next episode.

OceanBlue

I don't think so, 35k(and 4x regular season average) is pretty decent.. oh well, if you guys not convinced the S1 EXTRA BD-Box and S2 also doing decent.

Still Newtamina front-line title brehs..

Lol I'm not questioning whether or not Psycho-Pass is incredibly popular or whether it'll get another season. Like I said earlier, it's probably because the franchises I pay attention to are large enough that the movies will sell very well on opening week. I've looked at a few other movies I could think of and they're definitely a lot lower than I expected, so I'm pretty convinced at this point that the sales on the Psycho-Pass movie are decent.

fertygo

Lol I'm not questioning whether or not Psycho-Pass is incredibly popular or whether it'll get another season.

Eh, I'm also just poking the fun of PP.. because its one of those show :D

Akane becoming action hero is great at many level.. serious unprecedented shit.

fertygo

If they give me more of the same Psycho-Pass as season 1 then cool. Idk what happened with season 2 :S

I like S2 better :p

Its clusterfuck, but one long arc is quite fun to watch when I marathon it few days ago.. episodic content in S1 is boring, really isn't much better on narrative either, its also stupid. S2 didn't have one episode that dedicated for dropping quote from book and famous episode, what a shit eps that was.

Its clusterfuck, but one long arc is quite fun to watch when I marathon it few days ago.. episodic content in S1 is boring, really isn't much better on narrative either, its also stupid. S2 didn't have one episode that dedicated for dropping quote from book and famous episode, what a shit eps that was.

Didn't season one drop the episodic content after episode 13? not that it improved the show but still.

I kinda liked the episodic content, maybe only because of
SPOOOOOOOOKYYY BOOOOOOGIE!

This is awesome

Season 2 was great. If a S3 happens I hope it's more like S2.

Idk I thought everything from season 2 was ridiculous. I was a huge fan of Shinya and the whole conflict with Shougo. I was hoping Shinya would return and he kinda did
only it was in Akane's head.
I liked how she became tougher and left her "innocence" behind in season 1, so I was hoping to see them both team up as equals. Not that season 2 didn't have it's moments, but ultimately most episodes just made me go "uhhh, okay, that happened" and instead of leaving me shocked or whatever, it just made me wonder how ridiculous it all was.

Monster Musume 03

Every moment Cerea is on screen is a moment I'm happier and my pants get tighter.

Joukamachi no Dandelion 03

Why is Akane's shyness so adorable and not annoying like I would normally think it was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom