• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
God Eater 2

aFVxP6n.jpg

Yeah I don't see the Eren comparison to the MC. I mean Lenka is calm and collected and doesn't scream 24/7 like Eren about killing his sworn enemies. Anyway I loved how they made Eric die like man unlike the game where he died like a arrogant bitch. Good for them. I'm really enjoying the anime including the visuals, direction, and OST.

Not only do we get some underboob action but we also get some smug action from Alisa. Due to this anime I seriously hope Bamco releases God Eater 2 for the states.

Gakkou Gurashi! - 03

Man that episode was quite heavy
The group has some "stability" now but it's obvious that they are all walking on a thin rope.

Poor megu-nee , i'm eager to know what happenned , but somehow i'm not sure if i want to know.

Sterok

School-Live 3

The lives of dead. You can pretty much figure out the gist of what happened already. Megu-nee's death is probably the catalyst of Yuki's insanity. Megu-nee just wanted to help her students, but the world had other plans for them.

Gakkou Gurashi - 03

The rooftop was great. I don't know what reason they have to not show the 'gore' (be it airtime or choice), but I think it's delivering the experience nonetheless.
The cuts to black with the shovel sound, the eye close ups, camera shaking, object metaphors (I don't know the real term for this) and soundtrack.

Honestly I'm more scared of Yuki than anything else in this show, so the 'cute' stuff makes me feel two very different emotions. I'm very pleased with this show.

Cornbread78

Love Lab ep. 1-2
tumblr_mphut3WWNy1r2pvg2o1_500.gif

OK, that was some pretty funny stuff right there. Huggy Huggy Student Council diety? Really, lol. I'll pick up a few episodes here and there of this, since it's sure to be entertaining...

JulianImp

Gakkou Gurashi - 03

The rooftop was great. I don't know what reason they have to not show the 'gore' (be it airtime or choice), but I think it's delivering the experience nonetheless.
The cuts to black with the shovel sound, the eye close ups, camera shaking, object metaphors (I don't know the real term for this) and soundtrack.

Honestly I'm more scared of Yuki than anything else in this show, so the 'cute' stuff makes me feel two very different emotions. I'm very pleased with this show.

The lack of gore feels right at home in this show for me, since it kind of goes along with the whole unreliable narrator theme. I could almost picture Yuki closing her eyes or looking away right before each shovel strike.

Being a sucker for character drama and an Umineko fan as well, this show hits all the right spots for me. Still, the way things are looking, I think we might end up with Yuki all alone and acting every other role out in order to stay alive. Even if that doesn't happen and they somehow end up getting rescued, it's quite unsettling to think how she'd ever fit back into society after anesthetizing herself with her own delusions to such an extent.

Oh well, as a movie it would probably at least uphold the visuals. Premise doesn't sound so great though.

Still not sure if they mean "genocidal organ" literally or not. If they do...that sounds hella dumb.

I'm not sure what's wrong with the premise as it is. Seems like it has a decent amount of potential for an engaging sci-fi story, and the original novel's English translation has good reviews on Amazon.

It's worth nothing, if you're not aware, that this is part of a series of films noitamina is producing adapting all three of the novels sci-fi author Project Itoh was able to write before his death due to cancer (well, the last one had to be completed after his death by Toh Enjoe). The Empire of Corpses comes out in October, Genocidal Organ comes out in November, and Harmony comes out in December. It's worth keeping an eye out on all three.

phaze

i'm now convinced you're watching these for the same reason i did , in order to see just just how deep t(he stupidity and the facepalm will go.

And yeah alka give no fucks , no emotions, remember ?

I mean, I didn't went into it expecting a good or even a decent show but in a sea of bad shows, this one is fairly edible so far. Sans ep 5 which I hope wasn't the sign of things to come.
If you want to see people lives ruined left and right , yeah blade and soul delivers on all sides.
I'll take edgy over "Saori-saaaaaan!", "burn my cosmo!"and the like !

I'm not sure what's wrong with the premise as it is. Seems like it has a decent amount of potential for an engaging sci-fi story, and the original novel's English translation has good reviews on Amazon.

Eh true, guess that term 'Genocidal Organ' just sounded too cheesy to take seriously.

It's worth nothing, if you're not aware, that this is part of a series of films noitamina is producing adapting all three of the novels sci-fi author Project Itoh was able to write before his death due to cancer (well, the last one had to be completed after his death by Toh Enjoe). The Empire of Corpses comes out in October, Genocidal Organ comes out in November, and Harmony comes out in December. It's worth keeping an eye out on all three.

Interesting. Will keep an eye out then, especially if the novels are relatively well regarded.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX - 01

What a first episode !
They freaking leveled down the everest mountain ..ROFL

And everybody is cheering on someone who became a terrorist in front of the world... what a fearsome information manipulation... almost Ghost in the shell levels, lol

I guess , this new season is opening with new habilities and new problems hopefully the cliffangers ...oh well it ended on a cliffanger !
Senki_Zesshou_Symphogear_GX_-_01.jpg

I guess chris-chan still looking for a buddy behind all this tsundere :) Hopefully this season will deliver
Man , so much work to do , now.. that concert was quite nice.too

It's SYMPHOGEAR GX , it's still as good as the previous seasons !!!!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The first 50 episodes are filled with filler (Biggest problem with many Shonen anime adaptions) which is why it's slow, but damn once you hit episode 50 and continue on things get really goddamn good. The manga also lacks all the filler the anime has which is why it doesn't feel like a slog. Honestly the first 50 episodes are worth slogging through because the rest after that is when things start to get really serious and the stakes are really really high. So yeah pretty much the first half is slow due to filler and building things up.

So keep on watching D-Gray Man trust me it's worth it.
I like good things, so I'll keep going.

School Live! 3

Ugh, I'm really not good at explaining what I mean sometimes, but I'll try:

This show isn't scary or anything in the traditional sense, but it's still quite haunting. The atmosphere is just so thick with uncertainty that it almost gets hard to watch. The cuteness gives you just the tiniest false sense of security; just enough to leave you with a sliver of hope that things will be alright. But Yuki's state of mind is such a (potential) threat to everyone, and is completely at odds with any hope one might have. The show is a constant clash of contrasting themes, and its hard to tell what direction things are going in. But I think that's also why this anime/manga is so good, and interesting.

Then there's the whole thing with the teacher. I was confident she was real (and still alive) after the second episode, but now I'm not sure. We definitely now know she was a real teacher at their school, but I can't tell at all if that means she's an actual living person that they all can see. Maybe it's a matter of, she alive (in Yuki's mind) but she ain't living.

JulianImp

School Live! 3

Ugh, I'm really not good at explaining what I mean sometimes, but I'll try:

This show isn't scary or anything in the traditional sense, but it's still quite haunting. The atmosphere is just so thick with uncertainty that it almost gets hard to watch. The cuteness gives you just the tiniest false sense of security; just enough to leave you with a sliver of hope that things will be alright. But Yuki's state of mind is such a (potential) threat to everyone, and is completely at odds with any hope one might have. The show is a constant clash of contrasting themes, and its hard to tell what direction things are going in. But I think that's also why this anime/manga is so good, and interesting.

Then there's the whole thing with the teacher. I was confident she was real (and still alive) after the second episode, but now I'm not sure. We definitely now know she was a real teacher at their school, but I can't tell at all if that means she's an actual living person that they all can see. Maybe it's a matter of, she alive (in Yuki's mind) but she ain't living.

Regarding Megu-nee, episode one shows
a makeshift wooden cross with her white ribbon on it on the roof, so she's obviously dead at that time (but might be alive during flashbacks).

Let me guess, it's the guy who did the Psycho Pass OP.

Ninja Slayer 015

Ninja Slayer bringing the banter this week.

No Mercy

Too bad Rapture-san had to leave us, he didn't even get to recite his death poem. The announcer was also god-tier this week, love the fourth wall breaking.

Gakkou Garushi 03

Possible AOTS for me,
Megu-nee is probably dead because of the camping scene, I agree with what's been said here.

Danchigai 03

lmao this sucks, it's too short, badly animated and not even funny. This show also seems to be going for the Sis-con special, I think it's just trying to be bad at this point.

Regarding Megu-nee, episode one shows
a makeshift wooden cross with her white ribbon on it on the roof, so she's obviously dead at that time (but might be alive during flashbacks).
Yeah, scenes like these are also very telling (notice Miki's reactions, and 4th image is Yuki talking)
There's also something in the ED with what looks to be her car. Something is up with that teddy bear, I don't trust it!!

UberTag

Infinite Ryvius 2

Well things are already going downhill fast for the Liebe Delta. How much longer before we start seeing people drop like flies?
You're diving into one of my all-time favorite series.
Interesting how you're already employing the word "flies". Not that I'd be one to "lord" that over you.

Get ready for an engrossing character study on leadership dynamics.

Gakkou Gurashi! - 03

Man that episode was quite heavy
The group has some "stability" now but it's obvious that they are all walking on a thin rope.

Poor megu-nee , i'm eager to know what happened , but somehow i'm not sure if i want to know.
You'll discover precisely what happened but probably not for a while. The manga didn't reveal that answer until Chapter 22.

I am pretty sure this person called Megumi no long exists in the present time, she was suspect last episode and more hints were dropped this episode. The tent for four and the reaction of the other girls suggest they are once again indulging in the delusions of Yuki. I do have to wonder how much time has passed and indeed how much time they have left.
The fact that Miki flubbed by saying a generic "Sensei" before correcting herself to join the chorus of "Megu-nee" should clue you into the fact that she and Megumi Sakura have never met. Megu-nee was already dead when she entered the equation.

Of course, that back story from Chapter 7 looks like it's about to be covered next week with the teasing glimpses of
Kei
added to both the OP and the next episode preview.
Expect that to be territory that episode 4 (and probably 5 as well) will delve into.

JulianImp

Yeah, scenes like these are also very telling (notice Miki's reactions, and 4th image is Yuki talking)
There's also something in the ED with what looks to be her car. Something is up with that teddy bear, I don't trust it!!

Well, regarding that last part
she was inside the school building at the start of the outbreak according to what we saw she wrote (why, hello, unreliable narrator!), so her car might've ended up being crushed afterwards without her inside it.

Wait, god damn it, you just made me think that
since they said they picked Miki up from a shopping mall, this next episode might have them going there to pick up some supplies. That means they'd probably need to go by car to have more chances of survival, and Megu-nee being the only adult in the group means she might drive them there, they might all rescue Miki and she finally gets killed close to the school, with the girls having to fight their way inside somehow. The way Miki doesn't remember her name and often calls her "sensei" before correcting herself makes me think she might not have met Megu-nee at all.

This is definitely my anime of the season so far. The scariest and most unsettling thing in it
isn't the zombie apocalypse itself, but rather the unhinged, obviously broken character that is Yuki.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I remember her being introduced way after everyone else so maybe they skip ahead or I am misremembering. She doesn't really do anything anyway.

They are covering 2 chapters an episode so far, I guess they will probably cover up to chapter 25 so they get all the girls introduced.

cajunator

Banned
Mushishi 20

Please tell me it's okay to ship them. They're already bound by the c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶h̶o̶o̶d̶ promise.

Steins;Gate 06

Episode 2 of
miss part time worker giving off obvious hints that she's from future.
Clearly a red herring.
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

+ Some very foreboding dream/flashforward? for our cray cray scientist. With Makise's talking about time dilation if I got it correctly.

Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 03

After a lengthy break, the usual formula wasn't as tiring as usually though I imagine that will change very soon. Show remains as wacky and out of there as ever.

Still early on in Steins Gate. You wont see the big picture quite yet, but trust me, its setting up behind the scenes. When it hits, youll know.

soooooo cute!

Non Non Biyori 07

OxXlmIE.gif

RIP FigureGaf.

That part made me sad. She didnt have to do that.
Bully culture even persists in rural Japan D:

Yes, it's quite unique and while it took a while to grow on me, I ended up finding it very entertaining. Give it a try!

Also, question about Full Moon: there're 51 episodes, and you said that she has a year to live. Does each episode cover one week of her life? That'd be cool.

It doesnt quite work that way, but it does cover that period of time overall.

God Eater 2

Not only do we get some underboob action but we also get some smug action from Alisa. Due to this anime I seriously hope Bamco releases God Eater 2 for the states.
Been waiting since 2013. Maybe we will get a reboot to the series with Resurrection. They already have the localization work done for the most part thanks to Burst.

Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 3:

This show is dumb and creepy.
I remember dropping this show right on this episode too. Such good potential for a crazy good mystery show totally lost in dumb animu shit.

Cornbread78

School-Live 3
Man, that rooftop scene, the shovel girl should be the one that is in Yuki's place "I was rejected" oh my, that was tough...

Lovely Complex ep.1-4
I was jumping around quite a bit this afternoon and watched the first few episodes of this one. I kinda like it as well. It's funny and the MC/Heroine have personalities and play good roles. I'll watch more.

It wasn't my Wife's (student council pres.) Boobs hanging out this time ep.3
Wow, ok, that was an interesting episode. Didn't think we were going the harem route here, but damn, lots of good vibrations going on in this one....

UberTag

School-Live 3
Man, that rooftop scene, the shovel girl should be the one that is in Yuki's place "I was rejected" oh my, that was tough...
Kurumi's one tough little chick. Lost in all of the other storytelling from this episode we got the back story for Kurumi's attachment to her shovel as her weapon of choice.
It's her sole remaining memory of the crush on her sempai that never had a chance to be realized.

Chaos Dragon - 04

This white cobra has a ribbon. I like cobras. I like ribbons. I also like purple. This moment overshadowed everything else in this episode, in that they managed to combine three things I consider good.

Cornbread78

Spend the 8 mins to watch it, lol. Not what I was expecting..... at all. Poor Student Council President.

Kurumi's one tough little chick. Lost in all of the other storytelling from this episode we got the back story for Kurumi's attachment to her shovel as her weapon of choice.
It's her sole remaining memory of the crush on her sempai that never had a chance to be realized.

It's tough to watch between her depression and Yuki's self protection dilussions. Kurumi is managing so far, but...

cajunator

Banned
Love Lab ep. 1-2
tumblr_mphut3WWNy1r2pvg2o1_500.gif

OK, that was some pretty funny stuff right there. Huggy Huggy Student Council diety? Really, lol. I'll pick up a few episodes here and there of this, since it's sure to be entertaining...

Love Lab is awesome fun. Should be a great distraction from Full Moon for a little while.

Excited to hear that the true winner of the Darlingbowl has been confirmed to appear in the anime.

USP98kF.jpg

Ive heard great things about zombie girl. Hope she doesnt let us down!

Assassination Classroom 22 Dub

Awe yeah watching Nagisa use his special technique was awesome, the resolution afterwards both with the Assassins and the scenes on the beach really gave this season a nice ending. Can't wait for season 2 next year will pick back up the manga and begin reading tomorrow.

If you haven't checked out Assassination Classroom I highly recommend it, great mixture of comedy and action mixed with great writing and characters that makes the show hard to stop.

Symphogear GX - 02

You think they're noise ...but they're NOT !

Cliffanger !

OMG

This third season seems to really want to shake things up...

I approuve of this !!!

Seraph of the End Dub 11

Yu awakened to his titan seraph of the end powers and slashed around in a berserker rage for most of the episode. Mika claims the humans are using him... the same way the vampires are using him... honestly Mika is by far the worst part of this because it's hilarious how naive and short sighted he is. Actually the worst part of this is the laughable budget where everything feels incredibly cheap and lazy hurting what might otherwise be decent shonen shit scenes. They were so cheap by the end they didn't even have an ed just a random still shot of a new character for 5 seconds.

Gintama 281

The way the screen was gradually cracking emphasized how really broken Yaemon is. It showed us that instead of following the footsteps of his father and carrying his ideals he instead created his own twisted ideal in protecting his family name. By killing the people his father let loose which was going against his father's ideal. The screen cracking further shows how caught up Yaemon was in becoming a executioner but not realizing the actual duties his father was carrying.

Asaemon on the other hand was the opposite of Yaemon. She wanted to protect her father's ideals while Yaemon wanted to protect the family name. Which is the reason why her father wanted to be executed by her sword because he knew his daughter was the Human that could turn him from a Demon into a Human again. As opposed to Yaemon because he was a unstable Demon and a Demon couldn't turn another Demon back into a Human.

This Shinigami arc has to currently be the darkest arc of Gintama so far, especially how it was visually handled. The moment where Yaemon's head was sliced of clean and everything surrounding him turning red showed that Yaemon isn't really the villain but a puppet being used. The way you see his corpse standing for a few seconds through a side shot and how his head splashed on the water conveyed how entirely twisted that scene was. The new character is shown to be intimidating and will be the villain for the series later on. He seems to be working with Takasugi temporarily. The Shinigami arc was definitely a big set up to what's going to occur later on in the series and it ain't going to be good that's for sure.

Holy Fucking Shit......... I just realized that the scene above where Gintoki is struggling to walk. The place he's accidentally heading for is Otose's husband's tombstone, that fucking reveal. It filled in the gap on how Gintoki met Otose. When the Executioner let Gintoki escape it lead to him meeting otose. This arc just connected to the 4 Devas arc. Also the Opening even had that scene where Gintoki is laying next to the tombstone. Honestly after realizing that it made me tear up a bit.

In the end she executed the old Asaemon and became a new person as the 19th Ikeda Yaemon by protecting her father's ideals. As a Human she was able to turn the Demon that was Gin into a Human again. That was such a nice ending to the arc and the Opening song that was playing was just phenomenal. Honestly I can understand if some didn't like this arc as much especially if they were expecting lots of comedy because this is Gintama. However to me this arc was really strong in visuals, direction, OST, setup, and the theme that was presented. The theme itself is one of the biggest reasons why I enjoyed this arc. Executioners learned how to not cut someone's head off in order to cut their sins and not disgrace them by not having their heads touch the floor. Which is why it was said that a Human is the only person to turn a Demon back into a Human. The theme was deep and meaningful and one of the best in Gintama if not best. I give the Shinigami arc a 10/10 for giving us some great reveals about Gintoki's past and the big setup for future developments. It's pretty much one of my favorite arcs in the series. I also have to give some props to the new Staff for experimenting different visuals for this arc because it was spot on and unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom