• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
School Live 3

Yeah this episode kinda settled it with the whole teacher thing. The way the other 3 girls react, specially the white haired one is a clear indicator. The rooftop scene was really well done, even with the censuring.

Szadek

Chaos Dragon - 04

This white cobra has a ribbon. I like cobras. I like ribbons. I also like purple. This moment overshadowed everything else in this episode, in that they managed to combine three things I consider good.
After seeing that, I'm very happy that I dropped that show.

XzBfcH4.png

OiT4elY.png

R4AidJi.gif

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 3

Very happy that we're getting to group action a lot faster in this season then we did in the first one while maintaining the great character dynamics and interesting concepts introduced in season 1. Glad to see alien girl is actually going to do something as opposed to feeling out of place like she had been so far.

Tuck

Gintama - 3
So apparently episode 1 and 2 are filler... weird. I skipped em. This was pretty good. Certainly watchable. Animation was lousy, but I guess it is an old show. I'll keep watching every once and a while till I get to when it supposedly gets good.

Gintama - 3
So apparently episode 1 and 2 are filler... weird. I skipped em. This was pretty good. Certainly watchable. Animation was lousy, but I guess it is an old show. I'll keep watching every once and a while till I get to when it supposedly gets good.
They're not filler. They're anime original that serves as an introduction/pilot of the basic characters and then it slowly introduces them.

They're not filler. They're anime original

These two statements contradict each other

Sailor Moon Crystal 26

Ehh I guess it's over now, I enjoyed Crystal despite it's many problems though it exposes a lot of the problems in the Sailor Moon story when all the monster of the week filler is removed. It's not a terrible way to tell a story just very generic, then again perhaps for it's time it was ahead of it's time and it's just a relic of the era it was written in.

Gintama - 3

They're not filler. They're anime original that serves as an introduction/pilot of the basic characters and then it slowly introduces them.

They are filler. They are also really bad. They are hardly introductions when all the jokes rely on you knowing the characters already, and they aren't even good ones after that, I went back and watched the first 2 episodes a few days ago, still weak.

JulianImp

Here're my thoughts on some of the other summer anime series I've watched:

Classroom Crisis
I watched this without expecting much, but the setting of a school owned by a megacorporation where ther're countless power struggles going on sounds like it could be interesting. The focus on restructuring and budget cuts could possibly lead to an interesting plot, but I also fear the show might end up going all meritocracy as the class is saved by them being really hard workers and getting noticed by sempai (the administration).

Charlotte
The story being told from the point of view of a selfish brat who keeps abusing his special powers for personal gain was interesting, as it kind of reminded me of Light from Death Note, only way more hammy and obvious. However, it bugged me how he mellowed down nearly instantly after being he was blackmailed into switching schools and helping others using his powers (the sudden switch after the first episode felt incredibly out-of-character to me). I'll keep watching, though.

Wakaba*Girl
It has very short episodes and so far looks like a Lucky Star clone (being a 4-koma adaptation and all). Might watch sporadically because it's so short, but it's nothing to write home about.

Non Non Byori Repeat
Not an amazing show by any means, but I guess it's perfect for when you want to wind down and relax as you watch nothing of importance happen to a young girl and her group of friends in rural Japan.

Rokka - Braves of (...)
Has a cool mesoamerican setting that looks like it won't get used much, sadly. Then there're two waifus with revealing clothes for no reason. Things probably won't get much better since the series' focus appears to be on the six chosen ones and their battle with some demon king, which to me is a waste of a perfectly good setting.

Actually, I Am
Guy who wears his heart on his sleeve has to protect the secret of his crush, a girl who happens to be a vampire and speaks in Kansai dialect when she's alone. Only watched the first episode, and I think I won't keep going because so far it looks like a generic school romance story with a slight twist.

On the topic of second seasons, more Durarara's always nice, I will be watching Gatchaman Crowds Insight after I was surprised by the first season in a good way, and Shokugeki no Souma is okay for the cooking.

Chaos Dragon 4

Great episode. Thankfully,
no one had to be sacrificed for the dick that is Red Dragon.
The undead merchant is a pretty cool character, and its cool to know
that there's some transhumanism in this world.
I really like the idea of the Bounded and Mixed Ones. Could lead to some cool looking characters like
the guy bounded to a titan at the end

Overlord 3

Lord Touch Me, the hero we truly deserve.

Yo damn,
that death knight straight up went to town on that fool and the rest of those knights. Not a single fuck was given.

I love how (seemingly) op protag is in this world, but I'm guessing it won't be that way forever. Would be great though!

At first I thought this may be a real world, but after what the village chief said about adventure guilds, I'm pretty sure this is another mmo or whatever.

Squishy3

Gintama - 3
The animation isn't bad, per se, but it does get better overtime. (and it certainly never reaches the lows One Piece does)

Gintama 211

Woah, things are happening! I'm not used to this! And the animation actually looks pretty good!

If the Otose death is a fakeout like Yamazaki's I will be severely disappointed. Although I'm going to count on a no given how the series is serious only 10% of the time. If Otose died, someone would have to replace her and that would mess up the status quo

Gintama 211

Woah, things are happening! I'm not used to this! And the animation actually looks pretty good!

If the Otose death is a fakeout like Yamazaki's I will be severely disappointed. Although I'm going to count on a no given how the series is serious only 10% of the time. If Otose died, someone would have to replace her and that would mess up the status quo

How about that Ending song by Spyair though?

Ore Monogatari!! 16

This show has been surprisingly consistent. I always thought the novelty of Takeo and Yamato's relationship would wear off but the last few episodes have covered a bunch of new things with solid development.

Just need Suna to get with someone. The broest of all bros deserves a worthy partner.

Rokka Braves of the Six Flowers 3

Man they're really dragging out the reveal of 7 braves, I was under the impression that was the main hook of the show but we're 1/4 of the way though and nobody wants to explain this fact to our proxy MC. Still interested enough in the story to keep watching but there really is no reason they couldn't have trimmed this episode down by half to keep the pace up.

John Blade

Man...this is the most fun show to watch. Short and simple and beautiful in both animation and story line arch for the most part.

You found out more about the incident 7 years ago and how Guld try to hide from it even though it was actually his fault. Also, both Guld and Isamu resolve the conflict between them after this. The dogfight scene is great to watch and the story of the Sharon's AI is interesting to watch. For music, it match well and liking the tune quite a bit.

What I don't like is the Guld ending which is really short and suck. Kinda ruin his arch. Also, the same with the ending of the OVA. Kinda quick and didn't really explain what happened in the end. Well.....I will re watch this again but for the movie version so, I do hope it explain much better there.

Still, worth watching and wish I watch this long time ago till now.

Tuck

They are filler. They are also really bad. They are hardly introductions when all the jokes rely on you knowing the characters already, and they aren't even good ones after that, I went back and watched the first 2 episodes a few days ago, still weak.

I tried watching episode 1 twice. Only ever got halfway through, didn't like it. Episode 3 is a much better intro, I think. But I may go back and watch the first two in full to form a complete opinion.

Or you know, fuck it. 270+ episodes I think its alright if I pass on a few >_>

TUSR

Banned
Gintama

Episode 36 is where I stopped last night.

Im so into this show, and people are posting impressions of episodes ~250 away. Ahh.

Nisekoi: 1-12

Finally got around to finishing this, you can actually watch as the show makes no plot progression.

The only good episode this whole season was Shu's.

Squishy3

I tried watching episode 1 twice. Only ever got halfway through, didn't like it. Episode 3 is a much better intro, I think. But I may go back and watch the first two in full to form a complete opinion.

Or you know, fuck it. 270+ episodes I think its alright if I pass on a few >_>
the only good thing about episodes 1 and 2 are katoken samba

Firemind

Nodame Cantabile ep. 1-6
Early setup of the relationship between the MC and heroine is very similar to Itazura na Kiss. The MC is super dreamy musician but doesn't think much of the Nodame (but will later.) She is the klutzy heroine that can't take care of herself, but is crazy in love with Chiaki right away. It's really early on, so the focus is on the Chiaki's attempt at being an or Chastain conductor, but everyone said this one is really good, so let's see what happens.
Nodame Cantabile ep. 6-15

There has been some amazing music in this one so far, but of course, it's all famous classical music from the greats, lol. The anime itself has been pretty slow for the most part oitside of some defining moments as the story focuses on Chiaki's budding career/stardust in the music world. Most importantly, for a more traditional "romance" anime, there hasn't been anything going on other than the MC's continued (mild) verbal and mental assault on the Nodame. I mean, he does recognize her musical talent, spends time with her (feeds and somewhat takes care of her eccentric needs) and is cordial in public with her as a neighbor and classmate, but he has shown zero romantic interest in her to this point. No kisses, no hugs, no acceptance of her romantically at all; total unrequited love by Nodame here. There are 9 episodes left so something will change soon, but damn, talk about taking your time to cultivate it.
Nodame Cantabile ep. 16-End
wait, so is that it? It took 23 episodes to progress their relationship to a back hug? The tone and music were excellent, as well as the character development. Nodame was eccentric as always and the MC grew quite a bit as a person, however, the relationship development was as slow and anti-climactic as ever. You were always waiting for "that moment" that never really arrived. Maybe they were going for the art of imagination and subtlty..http://myanimelist.net/anime/5690/Nodame_Cantabile_Finale
This is outrageous. How can you not tell Chiaki is into Nodame? Do they have to spell it out for you?

fertygo

Man...this is the most fun show to watch. Short and simple and beautiful in both animation and story line arch for the most part.

You found out more about the incident 7 years ago and how Guld try to hide from it even though it was actually his fault.

a.k.a most disgusting writing ever

Gintama 211

best arc.

This is way better then Benizakura so far. The second Yoshiwara arc was my favorite serious one and the Character Poll arc was my favorite comedy one. In fact both serious/comedy arcs are actually getting better as this goes on, which is really weird for a shonen

Also these arcs are like, 7 episodes long max, which is really weird for a shonen. I can't think of another one where all the arcs are so short. Which I kind of like, it doesn't introduce 20 new characters and their backstories and give each one a fight you don't care about, looking at you Bleach and One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom