• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

TODAY'S THE DAY

NOT ONLY GATE, BUT ILLYA TOO AT LAST

4 LOLIS ONE DAY

KvOUzDW.gif
Indeed today is a good day

Cornbread78

Well now you can at last understand why I fell completely in love with this show and recommended it so incredibly highly (and tenaciously)

first of all, I'm amazed you caught this before I could make my edits, which were done only seconds after I posted it, lol.

Second of all, you were right. Althought they played along with the idol thing a little too long IMO, the story is excellant and the ending is beautiful, even with the despair you feel like in Plastic Memories, they also allow you to feel hope, even if it is only a sliver. The writing was seriously excellant on how they closed everything out.

great example of how the song fits with EVERYTHING:

1258581154699_f.jpg

so I figured I would post this here because people would likely be interested.

the Jast USA bundle on groupees is about to have it's preorders go live

link to the bundle

I believe the top tier of the bundle is going to be $20, not sure the price of the preorder or how many games overall there is but I think it was supposed to be 4-5.

edit: I am also reading

It's now live.

Ushio to Tora - 04

Seeing Tora goofing around in the city was fun, I like that he got some time alone for a change.
I don't think I've given the soundtrack much thought before, but it caught my attention during this episode, particularly in the fight scene.

iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season 02

CKshxtfUMAAga8l.png:large

Daisuki still disrespecting best idol by turning russian into gibberish smh

The new OP is okay.

I like the new girl. She drinks and tells bad jokes. That's cool.

Does Producer even have a name? Like everyone calls him that, even outside the idols

Saw some updates on Kon's Dream Machine from Maruyama at the MAPPA panel at Otakon:

Guess that means it's a bit more alive than Despera, but not by much.

If that's too depressing, Maruyama also reveals that MAPPA comes from a word that means "fully naked".

I asked about this a few days ago, looks like it won't come to light ):
Wish they would try Kickstarter

Defuser

Gate ep 4
First America now China. Poor glorious nippon what shall it do?

Anyway I like the culture shock those refugess are experiencing.

cajunator

Banned
iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season 02

The new OP is okay.

I like the new girl. She drinks and tells bad jokes. That's cool.

Does Producer even have a name? Like everyone calls him that, even outside the idols

I asked about this a few days ago, looks like it won't come to light ):
Wish they would try Kickstarter

So Daisuki is the only place to watch the new Cinderella girls?

Phatmac

Tora is the star of the show do far. I'd be fine with him just fucking around in the city. The relationship between Ushio and Tora is good so fat. Seeing how embarrassed Ushio was with apologizing was funny. Good stuff all around.

duckroll

Animator Expo Season 3 PV:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1437547805
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXOqnKjmirU

Season 3 Line-up: http://animatorexpo.com/news/96

Endless night - Sayo Yamamoto
Cassette Girl - Hiroyasu Kobayashi
Untitled Kazuyoshi Katayama Project - Kazuyoshi Katayama
Comedy Skit 1989 - Kazuto Nakazawa
The Ultraman - Akitoshi Yokoyama
Neon Genesis Impacts - Yuhei Sakuragi
From the Travelling Robot - Hiroyuki Okiura
Hammerhead - Otaro Maijo x Mahiro Maeda
Bureau of Proto Society - Yasuhiro Yoshiura
Bubu & Bubulina - Takashi Nakamura
Untitled Hibiki Yoshizaki x DAOKO Project - Hibiki Yoshizaki

Gate 4
The politics in this is getting pretty hilarious. Thankfully glorious Nippon is there to show all these sinful nations the true way.

Nippon greatest country in the world
None of the other countries ran by little girls
Nippon best exporter of glorious nippon steel
All other countries have lower quality steel

Ascheroth

Ushio to Tora - 04

Loving it. This is probably my favourite anime this season right after Souma. Tora is hilarious and I seriously dig his design, so many reaction faces :p
And he's awesome when it counts.

E3rhclD.jpg
iKOz8CG.jpg
aSUV32h.png
FpTGQ8c.jpg

Look at how smug he is.

Those evil youkai were creepy. Action was great. I wonder if Ushios 'secret' is now really revealed. I hope so, but it could be like last episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio to Tora Episode 4:

In this episode we not only learn that Tora can be quite amusing on this own learning the pitfalls of modernity but we also learn some backstory on Inoue. I really hope she is not somebody who is going to be used as a regular damsel in distress type but with a shonen that dates back to the 1990s, that might just be the case. Also, I am already getting kind of bored with the monsters of the week and I hope some greater threats are on the horizon soon.

I finally finished catching up with Shokugeki no Soma and the anime has been really enjoyable. However I can't be the only one who's confused by Alice's voice because it's too high for her character. I felt like a rougher and a bit deeper voice compared to what she has currently would of been appropriate. They screwed up on that part but other than that it's been pretty great.

ibyea

Banned
Akagi is a terrible human being who thinks like a genius serial killer type but the people he destroys are even worse so it works out. And I mean he is an actual genius, compared to Kaiji who wins on luck and taking the pain at least

Oh yeah, Akagi is a terrible human being, but man is the show antidote to the constant despair in Kaiji.

Prison School 03

KZ32aow.jpg
GaNWqgg.jpg
Bnpxhrj.png

face game still strong

This still moves really fast. The scene in particular with the Chairman saying he will bury his booty pictures felt weird because it was 15 seconds long and then brought up 30 seconds later. This could use some switching around, put that scene in the last episode and then bring it back up in this one or something. In fact all the chairman scenes this episode are like 10 seconds long. It kind of bothers me.

The censorship was very in your face this episode but...so was the thing they were censoring so I can't really complain a whole lot.

I still have a smile on my face pretty much the entire time. BROKUTO ;_;7

Sterok

Aikatsu 19

Yurika's vampire schtick is already superior to Otome's Love You quirk. Plus Loli Gothic is one of the better brands, as to be expected from Goth Lolita. Ichigo doesn't do character roleplay very well. This episode also had one of the stronger dances.

On another note, does Starlight Academy give normal lessons? Like, do they learn math and science there, or are they going to be out of luck once their idol years are behind them?

My goodness...

I need some fresh air and a cigarette... How am I going to summarize these emotions?

Full Moon wo Sagashite ep. 42- END:
14.jpg

First of all, thank you for the rec. Cajun as well as everyone else that cheered along the way. This was a long series and had some lulls along the way, but it is definitely worth it at the end… Now, how do I appropriately react to the last 10 episodes of this; it’s impossible. I mean, it is an incredible experience as they close out the last weeks and days of Mitsuki’s life. It’s a whirlwind of emotions from pain, fear and despair, to hope, friendship and love. Just like the way Eternal Snow is sung differently between Madoka and Full Moon; the same song can mean happiness and sorrow at the same time. It’s used in a tremendous fashion to compliment what is occurring around it; reading the lyrics as the song plays just intensifies the emotional response you can get from it because it always matches the emotions felt at that moment.

That hospital rooftop scene in episode 46 was intense, I mean, like Holy $hit don’t do it you! Stop you piece of $hit, WTF are you doing? NOOOOOOOO! Then Takuto pleading and singing the song, grandma, oh my goodness, so many feels… I hated Izumi, what a piece of crap no good Shinigami.. His sole purpose in the final stretch of the anime was to be the antagonist of everything; the true Shinigami, reaper of souls and reminder of the darkside. His role to bouncing off of Takuto and Meruko was really, really good as much as you hate him and what he stands for.

It is a great story of personal triumph, struggle, hope and love. There is a lot of despair and pain along the way, but the story does a great job of sorting out everyone's emotions by the end if it. The relationship between Mitsuki, Mereko and Takuto at the end was amazing and the way the writer handled those situations between them was great, so many good moments towards the end.. That tall white lady, her words to Takuto and Mereko... *snif*

The ending, what can I say? I can’t say much for spoiler fears, but my goodness was that amazing. Clannad After Story was an amazing conclusion and this one is not too far behind it. (athough admittedly, this one is a little clearer) Tears of sadness or joy? Both at the same time? Emotional for sure. Excellent, Excellent Excellent….

first of all, I'm amazed you caught this before I could make my edits, which were done only seconds after I posted it, lol.

Second of all, you were right. Althought they played along with the idol thing a little too long IMO, the story is excellant and the ending is beautiful, even with the despair you feel like in Plastic Memories, they also allow you to feel hope, even if it is only a sliver. The writing was seriously excellant on how they closed everything out.

great example of how the song fits with EVERYTHING:

1258581154699_f.jpg

First , congrats for finishing the show..
Yeah as i told you , this show is more about the journey than the destination, but that doesn't mean that the prize at the end isn't sublime.

Yeah full moon wo sagashite is like that , the clock was ticking, we always knew that yet at the end there was this struggle , this mix of emotons and everything JUST everything worked.
When i finished full moon, i went outside my viewing room to hug my loved ones..yeah it's that strong.. what a ride, what an anime.. it's one of the best exemple of anime done right ... everything was done right. there was drama but just the right amount of it .. Some things overstayed a little too much , but those were minor hurdles compared to that freaking last episode.

Masterfull , a total whirlpool of emotions going straight where it counts , that's full moon wo sagashite...

Now join us in recommanding this freaking masterpiece to the others.. it's that awesome.

cajunator

Banned
First , congrats for finishing the show..
Yeah as i told you , this show is more about the journey than the destination, but that doesn't mean that the prize at the end isn't sublime.

Yeah full moon wo sagashite is like that , the clock was ticking, we always knew that yet at the end there was this struggle , this mix of emotons and everything JUST everything worked.
When i finished full moon, i went outside my viewing room to hug my loved ones..yeah it's that strong.. what a ride, what an anime.. it's one of the best exemple of anime done right ... everything was done right. there was drama but just the right amount of it .. Some things overstayed a little too much , but those were minor hurdles compared to that freaking last episode.

Masterfull , a total whirlpool of emotions going straight where it counts , that's full moon wo sagashite...

Now join us in recommanding this freaking masterpiece to the others.. it's that awesome.

My heart is happy

Arabesque

I finally finished catching up with Shokugeki no Soma and the anime has been really enjoyable. However I can't be the only one who's confused by Alice's voice because it's too high for her character. I felt like a rougher and a bit deeper voice compared to what she has currently would of been appropriate. They screwed up on that part but other than that it's been pretty great.

Alice's character always had this type of voice, it's just wasn't apparent in certain translations due to how difficult it is to convey what a ditzy/fairy voice in English. Alice is meant to be this air headed genius, so giving this voice fits well with her attitude and behaviour.

Mind you, it's much better listening to her talk like that rather than read how Viz turns her into a valley girl.

The seiyuu selection in the anime had been spot on thus far I feel. But there is one character I am a bit worried about it in the future.

cajunator

Banned
Alice's character always had this type of voice, it's just wasn't apparent in certain translations due to how difficult it is to convey what a ditzy/fairy voice in English. Alice is meant to be this air headed genius, so giving this voice fits well with her attitude and behaviour.

Mind you, it's much better listening to her talk like that rather than read how Viz turns her into a valley girl.

The seiyuu selection in the anime had been spot on thus far I feel. But there is one character I am a bit worried about it in the future.

They will do this and I will rage.

Which character are you worried about?

Arabesque

They will do this and I will rage.

I doubt if Viz handled the eventual (?) dub they would choose to go with the same treatment the official translation did. They wanted to point out that the way Alice spoke in the manga was weird, and there wasn't any other realistic way to do so other than giving her some accent.

In a dub, they could just have her speak like Navi, like she was always meant to.

Which character are you worried about?

Spoilered just in case

Hayama's. Junichi Suwabe is meant to voice him, and I am not looking forward to hearing a 40 year old try and sound like a 15 year old (or worse, not bother). I love Suwabe-san's Archer voice, but he's miscasted as Hayama (if it turns out to be true).

Viz already did that, they may have rolled it back some

Reading the latest volumes and seeing how she talks in the official weekly translations nowadays, they sort of did, but not by much. Compared to when she first talked, at least.

Hellraider

Watched the entirety of Shirobako in ~3 days since for some reason I skipped it when it was airing, and man, maaaaaan... It was fantastic! Everyone (besides the boring CG girl) was such a joy to watch in their struggles, their successes and their failures. Everyone was so cute. Kantoku was the man!

It also got me by surprise, in a good way, that it literally never strayed away from anime production. I was expecting a couple of slower non-job related SoL episode but there were none. General pace-direction and episode by episode script was polished as hell. It unexpectedly became my favorite Mizushima work (and I have more than enjoyed a lot of his works already)!

It made me realise how much I want to get done with all the shit that I need to first, in order to finally get a job of my own and move on with my life.

Sterok

Aikatsu 20

So Aoi's idea of a scandal is her on a date with Ichigo. Interesting. Didn't know Ran could do a jump kick. These ridiculous Premium Rare Card hunts make me wish Aoi and Ran's adventures weren't missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom