• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatmac

It's nice to get a good feeling Fate show after all the drama with UBW. It was mostly an intro to our usual cast with some mana sharing lewdness that is expected but I wish wasn't there since it's an interesting take on the Fate universe. I'm glad Shirou's in the show more often considering how different he is plus his relationship with Sella is great. Next week is a beach episode so expect more lewdness. Hopefully a battle happens sooner rather than later. I'll avoid posting pics so I don't get banned. The new OP and ED are good but nothing special.

JulianImp

I should really watch the first season now that I watched Fate Zero and will get some of the back reference...

Is it really worth the time spent on it though?

Eh... I've only watched the first three episodes, but I'd say so far it doesn't look like I'll be enjoying it at all. EP1 was off-putting with how it was dead set on delivering fanservice for the sake of it.

I guess the twist might come later, but so far it looks like an unremarkable show with the Fate skin slapped on it.

Jarmel

Banned
Alice's VA is perfect. I haven't read the manga but the VA does a fantastic job of portraying that 'I don't know what I'm doing tehehe, oh wait am I curbstomping you?'.

Phatmac

I should really watch the first season now that I watched Fate Zero and will get some of the back reference...

Is it really worth the time spent on it though?
It's a fun show with good battles but be warned that it has a lot of lewd moments with little girls so know that beforehand.

JulianImp

It's a fun show with good battles but be warned that it has a lot of lewd moments with little girls so know that beforehand.

Wait. Having read your latests posts and having looked at the thread (sub)title, does this mean what I think it means and mana transfer is done with less CG dolphins than the latest UBW adaptation? Ugh...

Phatmac

Wait. Having read your latests posts and having looked at the thread (sub)title, does this mean what I think it means and mana transfer is done with less CG dolphins than the latest UBW adaptation? Ugh...
They share mana by kissing there is no sex. No dolphins or anything like that. Only one character needs to so far.

Cornbread78

First , congrats for finishing the show..
Yeah as i told you , this show is more about the journey than the destination, but that doesn't mean that the prize at the end isn't sublime.

Yeah full moon wo sagashite is like that , the clock was ticking, we always knew that yet at the end there was this struggle , this mix of emotons and everything JUST everything worked.
When i finished full moon, i went outside my viewing room to hug my loved ones..yeah it's that strong.. what a ride, what an anime.. it's one of the best exemple of anime done right ... everything was done right. there was drama but just the right amount of it .. Some things overstayed a little too much , but those were minor hurdles compared to that freaking last episode.

Masterfull , a total whirlpool of emotions going straight where it counts , that's full moon wo sagashite...

Now join us in recommanding this freaking masterpiece to the others.. it's that awesome.

I will definately add it to my instant recs in the future alongside Clannad. What an amazing ride. It reminds me a lot of Little Busters, where the journey is good along the way, but the ending blows your mind. Soo soo good!

It's a fun magical girl show , season 1 can be watched by anyone without any worries.

Eh... I've only watched the first three episodes, but I'd say so far it doesn't look like I'll be enjoying it at all. EP1 was off-putting with how it was dead set on delivering fanservice for the sake of it.

I guess the twist might come later, but so far it looks like an unremarkable show with the Fate skin slapped on it.

Fanservice is fine as long as it like what I whitnessed last week int he Daddy show....

Umm, this is where I bounce....

G.ZZZ

Prison School 3

THIS WAS GLORIOUS. I died from the beginning to the end. I think this was one of the episode where the pacing ruined it the most, with Gakuto's desperation being a bit too short, they should've focused a bit more on it for better emphasis. Comedy moments going fast works perfectly, dramatic and serious moments not so much (chairman and gakuto scenes).
I still feel the Chairman is so much weaker than it could be, in voice and delivery. Well, the other guys are all perfect at least, especially Gakuto which is the true star of the show in the first half at least.

The face game is still top tier, those closeups are amazing.

Phatmac

Pretty disappointed in this episode considering nothing really happened that moved the plot besides a cook off between Soma and his dad. Looks like we'll be going back home soon and check up on the resturant which is neat. Hopefully next episode will pick up the pace. It was all worth it to see Megumi in her PJ's for the whole episode. Wait Prince Apple was pretty good.. Ah fuck it every episode of Soma is just good.

Soma 16

tsNLF6H.jpg
thKEHb5.jpg
gLqUYAM.jpg

They just spent an entire episode on Soma vs His Dad. There is zero chance they go all the way on the elections now, they will stop and save it for another batch of 24-26 episodes. Also now that they are actually doing the Kaarage arc there's negative chance they go all in. Did we mess up or was this actually moved? I thought it was before this.

Not to say that this episode was bad because it wasn't. I prefer them taking their time. Also this means MORE SOMA WOOOOOO

Ascheroth

Souma - 16

They are'nt skipping the Karaage arc, yay!!
But know I'm more confused then before, lol. That arc should take 2 episodes, so that leaves them with only 6 episodes for the next one (and with next one I mean
the preliminaries, there is Zero chance there doing the whole election, that would be ridicolously stupid
.) I don't know if that's enough o_O
Buuuut, since they were spot on with every single episode so far, I guess I'll just trust them on that.

On to the episode itself: Great. Like always. We learn why Soumas personality is the way it is and how overpowered his fathers cooking skills are. Apple prince was hilarious. Lot's of Isshiki fanservice and morning-Megumi :)

Still don't like the new ending. I think I'm going to just skip this from now on, can't stand the singing. A shame, I've watched the last one every time :(

phaze

That village sure wasn't suspicious lol

Alka should have learned from what happened to Tom Cruise. smh
And the OP? Do you love it already?!? Take it on a date at least! Well the song is that great at least.

Honestly, it didn't make much of an impression. Might grow on me still though !

Fate something something Ilya something 01

Save us Kiri-chan.

nvm, not really the direction I want to take this thread, let's just say this went even farther than I expected.

Prison School - 03

I am a sucker for misunderstandings and holy shit did I laugh my ass off! The shower and heel scenes had me in tears!
As always a nice amount of terrific facial expressions. This is great.

Cornbread78

Lovely Complex ep.5-11:
tumblr_mh1gl1NYIH1rzb121o1_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mk4gdvD0j11qloq76o1_500.gif

Alright, now this is more of your classic RomCom action. Lots of comedy with a small dash of romance in there to keep it interesting. This one has had some good moments and some better laughs. The different faces they make in this one definately rival those in Nisekoi. Excellent facial expressions for every emotion... Good times with this one!

Souma - 16

They are'nt skipping the Karaage arc, yay!!
But know I'm more confused then before, lol. That arc should take 2 episodes, so that leaves them with only 6 episodes for the next one (and with next one I mean
the preliminaries, there is Zero chance there doing the whole election, that would be ridicolously stupid
.) I don't know if that's enough o_O
Buuuut, since they were spot on with every single episode so far, I guess I'll just trust them on that.

On to the episode itself: Great. Like always. We learn why Soumas personality is the way it is and how overpowered his fathers cooking skills are. Apple prince was hilarious. Lot's of Isshiki fanservice and morning-Megumi :)

Still don't like the new ending. I think I'm going to just skip this from now on, can't stand the singing. A shame, I've watched the last one every time :(

I pretty much only like the New Ending's visuals because you know Hisako. But man if only it had a better singer then the Ending would of been much better because the singing is pretty bad. Oh well I'll just put it on mute and just watch it.

Honestly they should of just kept the song from the first Ending and added it to the new visuals.

Parfait

Prisma Illya 2wei Herz! 01

It came out swinging and knocked it out of the park again. What a great show, i'm so, so happy its going so many seasons. I need more water.

Edit: Yow whoops that sure was the wrong picture

Jarmel

Banned
There Will Be Blood-

I ABANDONED MY BOY

oooooooooo~~~

I'll probably do a separate thread in OT when I'm not feeling sick.

Symphogear GX 04

You know what's fucking awesome? When characters use outfits/powers/weapons that another character has been using the whole time, although it hardly counts here because Maria already kinda used Gungnir the whole time. It's also awesome when the villain stops the character songs mid battle, which happened TWICE. I liked Hibiki better when she liked to punch things and not cry about bullshit. Hopefully her moody streak is over. And why does she sleep in the same bed as Miki? Did they already get married? Do they live together?

I'm assuming the villains need Symphogears or singing for some reason for their plan but then why did they break them in the first place if they needed them ahhhhhhhHHHHHH, they at least need Gungnir or some shit to activate the Ley Lines, yep that's a Symphogear plot. I don't expect it to make any reasonable sense. The autoscorers don't want to kill them, they withdraw whenever they have the chance to kill them, so they need the songs I guess?

That cliffhanger, I knew it. Powers getting broken = get a better power, especially since this is the third season. Can't wait for Tachibana and Chris to show up at the last moment in new Gears next episode to save someone

Howcome CR only subs some of the songs? It's annoying! Sub them all!

Prison School 03

I think the pacing is ruining some scenes for me, the burying scene for example. I also didn't really like the "misunderstanding" banter between Shingo and Joe, it fell kinda flat to me as opposed to the manga.

It's still good though, shower scene was perfect.

[Slight manga spoiler]
Second best girl Anzu in two episodes??? get hype!!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 1:

I have seen things that can't be unseen, and most unexpected from the sake of curiosity. Whose had shall tip towards the brink of oblivion first?

faridmon

Lovely Complex ep.5-11:
tumblr_mh1gl1NYIH1rzb121o1_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mk4gdvD0j11qloq76o1_500.gif

Alright, now this is more of your classic RomCom action. Lots of comedy with a small dash of romance in there to keep it interesting. This one has had some good moments and some better laughs. The different faces they make in this one definately rival those in Nisekoi. Excellent facial expressions for every emotion... Good times with this one!

Loved it. Now that you compared it Nisekoi, makes me want to watch it!
I thought Nisekoi was a harem show?

Moaradin

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 1:

I have seen things that can't be unseen, and most unexpected from the sake of curiosity. Whose had shall tip towards the brink of oblivion first?

This crap sounds garbage. Do people actually watch this and enjoy it unironically?

Nah I've seen that one but I might need to rewatch it. I don't remember it being all that memorable but after TWBB, I'm willing to give it a 2nd chance

Well it isn't like the most amazing Scorsese film, but DDW is pretty freaking great. Also young heartthrob leo.

edit: also for no fucking reason, Dewey Cox.

Sterok

Aikatsu 21

Uh, that was some audition. Ichigo and Otome just stumbled their way to victory. Otome in particular kicked everyone's asses. Appropriate that Ichigo gets the role considering her predecessor. Yurika isn't very good at this team thing. Ran isn't very good at this winning thing. She's lost almost every solo competitive auditions. Aoi stays winning. I didn't mention this earlier, but Naughty Detectives seems like an odd name for a role middle schoolers are playing.

Oh yeah, Prisma Illya is out. I like magical girls, and I mostly enjoy the Fate universe, but I could not get into that at all. Never clicked with me, in manga or anime form. Not really sure why.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 1

The best mom , takes the best decisions to protect her familly :

Fate_kaleid%20liner%20PRISMA%20ILLYA%202wei%20Herz%21%20-%2001_02.jpg
Fate_kaleid%20liner%20PRISMA%20ILLYA%202wei%20Herz%21%20-%2001_03.jpg

And that might not be enough

Poor shirou being the only male in the house ...
Fate_kaleid%20liner%20PRISMA%20ILLYA%202wei%20Herz%21%20-%2001_01.jpg

they won't let you ...

Anyway , this episode delivered as an excellent adaptation of the manga.
Next week is the truth serum episode ....i CAN'T WAIT.

Damn this opening , spoiling/forshadowing events from 3rei, at least they didn't show the main antagonist of his season.

Cornbread78

Loved it. Now that you compared it Nisekoi, makes me want to watch it!
I thought Nisekoi was a harem show?

Oh no, only the comedy and silly, crazy and awesome facial animations are similar to Nisekoi. There is no harem here. It is a classic Romcom in every sense.

I've been on vacation the pass few days (I'm stuck in Boston, I've seen to many Tom Brady shirts save me!), what's going to kill us this time?

Smh, I live 45 mins outta Boston; it's great. Also, respect the G.O.A.T Brady..

Hey, Zero was good and the latest UBW adaptation was somewhat meh, but still decent. I'd take a mispaced plot over "magical girls: now with kissing" any day.

If I were to watch another type moon thing it would probably be Zero, and after that I'd be more likely to watch Prisma Ilya then vanilla FSN

I am guessing yes and that give me a bit of a shudder down the spine. Like I wasn't expecting such detail in the kissing.

Spending the money on things that will make the anime sucessfull.
They also spend the money on the magical fights , so all is right

The rightfull balance!

Jex

Animator Expo Season 3 PV:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1437547805
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXOqnKjmirU

Season 3 Line-up: http://animatorexpo.com/news/96

Endless night - Sayo Yamamoto
Cassette Girl - Hiroyasu Kobayashi
Untitled Kazuyoshi Katayama Project - Kazuyoshi Katayama
Comedy Skit 1989 - Kazuto Nakazawa
The Ultraman - Akitoshi Yokoyama
Neon Genesis Impacts - Yuhei Sakuragi
From the Travelling Robot - Hiroyuki Okiura
Hammerhead - Otaro Maijo x Mahiro Maeda
Bureau of Proto Society - Yasuhiro Yoshiura
Bubu & Bubulina - Takashi Nakamura
Untitled Hibiki Yoshizaki x DAOKO Project - Hibiki Yoshizaki
Well, that certainly looks insanely impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom