• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serious

Symphogear GX 04

I'm assuming the villains need Symphogears or singing for some reason for their plan but then why did they break them in the first place if they needed the...

Now that almost all the relics have been damaged, the protagonists are left with no choice but to use Dainsleif to fix and improve them. If Elfnein stealing the relic and seeking shelter with the heroes is part of Carol's plan (whether or not Elfnein is aware of that), which I feel is a pretty safe assumption, it all makes perfect sense. She needs the Symphogear users to use Dainsleif, which incidentally has a pretty vicious legend.

Parfait

Spending the money on things that will make the anime sucessfull.
They also spend the money on the magical fights , so all is right

The rightfull balance!

Kissing and Friendship beams could have saved Nanoha after A's. It only had one of those, which is why it's bad now.

When you have to budget things, remember the important scenes first.

Mandelbo

One of my friends adores Illya, and coerced me into trying it. I watched the first episode of season one and it didn't really grab me, but that gif convinced me that it definitely isn't for me.

Now that almost all the relics have been damaged, the protagonists are left with no choice but to use Dainsleif to fix and improve them. If Elfnein stealing the relic and seeking shelter with the heroes is part of Carol's plan (whether or not Elfnein is aware of that), which I feel is a pretty safe assumption, it all makes perfect sense. She needs the Symphogear users to use Dainsleif, which incidentally has a pretty vicious legend.

I didn't think of that. You are probably right, that will most likely happen.

One of my friends adores Illya, and coerced me into trying it. I watched the first episode of season one and it didn't really grab me, but that gif convinced me that it definitely isn't for me.

that's a horrible friend. I had trouble convincing my friends to watch freaking Code Geass due to all the boobies. They are good friends for feeling awkward. Lord knows I did.

Kissing and Friendship beams could have saved Nanoha after A's. It only had one of those, which is why it's bad now.

When you have to budget things, remember the important scenes first.

Nanoha needed just more focus on the cast and not doubling it without restrain in strikers. Also quality.( even if it was fixed in the BD )
eps 2 to 4 should have been reduced to 1 ( or 2 at least )..
I mean the list of problems in strikers in term of pacing are clear and obvious

Nanoha would have been fine if they embraced their setting from start to finish, hopefully vivid second season will push the serie in the right direction.
And no i'm not talking about kissing , i'm talking about nailing the right moments and capitalise on them. Strikers biggest problem is that spend SO MUCH time world building , they forgot to keep the masses entertained...something illya does , with plenty of comedy whom this season of illya will have.

OceanBlue

Spending the money on things that will make the anime sucessfull.
They also spend the money on the magical fights , so all is right

The rightfull balance!
I wish the fight scenes in Prisma Illya were a bit more polished to be honest. I've never felt as if I particularly liked how they use the "camera" very much. It's been a while since I've seen the first two seasons but that's one of the things I remember thinking.

I should watch the Bazette beatdown to refresh my memory.

phaze

Prison School 03
007388v1j8z.png

When love for history goes too far.

Way, way too far.

Can't really say how much of it is due to me knowing source material and how much due to the rushed pacing but a lot of the scenes still falls flat. Though based Gakuto manages to shine despite it. Last scene was goooood with just the right music accompanying it.

ibyea

Banned

I bet there are enemies that are friendlier than that. XD

Mandelbo

that's a horrible friend. I had trouble convincing my friends to watch freaking Code Geass due to all the boobies. They are good friends for feeling awkward. Lord knows I did.

get new friends

We haven't spoken for a few months so it worked itself out

I also showed some other friends End of Evangelion as their first real entry into both Evangelion and anime itself. Surprisingly it left a very good impression!

I wish the fight scenes in Prisma Illya were a bit more polished to be honest. I've never felt as if I particularly liked how they use the "camera" very much. It's been a while since I've seen the first two seasons but that's one of the things I remember thinking.

I should watch the Bazette beatdown to refresh my memory.

No you're right.. They usually have 2 problems, they often didn't finish the fight scene properly on time for the Tv broadcast , as a result some scene have "off" moment that they corrected afterwards.

They like the camera mouvement when someone is chasing another , in order to create some impact , it's often rough around the edges and should be corrected. UBW had cool looking fights and they only used that technique Once in both seasons and it's somewhat overused in illya.

We'll see how they use the camera during this season hopefully they learned a little.

Phatmac

I also showed some other friends End of Evangelion as their first real entry into both Evangelion and anime itself. Surprisingly it left a very good impression!
I wonder how you explain what Shinji does to Asuka without it getting awkward. Still a good movie but I wouldn't want to start there.

remember that a very good gateway anime for people that aren't into anime is Attack on Titan.

Parfait

Nanoha needed just more focus on the cast and not doubling it without restrain in strikers. Also quality.( even if it was fixed in the BD )
eps 2 to 4 should have been reduced to 1 ( or 2 at least )..
I mean the list of problems in strikers in term of pacing are clear and obvious

Nanoha would have been fine if they embraced their setting from start to finish, hopefully vivid second season will push the serie in the right direction.
And no i'm not talking about kissing , i'm talking about nailing the right moments and capitalise on them. Strikers biggest problem is that spend SO MUCH time world building , they forgot to keep the masses entertained...something illya does , with plenty of comedy whom this season of illya will have.

StrikerS quality iirc was so bad i just stopped watching it and didn't care about it. To me Nanoha ended at the end of A's. Maybe i'll grab those BDs and actually try StrikerS again, but man so many new characters i wasn't interested in and the one i was interested in kept the same skull and face while her body became ancient and withered.

Illya's comedy is 100% Grade A perfect. I love every single character in this show.

VVV - today was a good day.

StrikerS quality iirc was so bad i just stopped watching it and didn't care about it. To me Nanoha ended at the end of A's. Maybe i'll grab those BDs and actually try StrikerS again, but man so many new characters i wasn't interested in and the one i was interested in kept the same skull and face while her body became ancient and withered.

Illya's comedy is 100% Grade A perfect. I love every single character in this show.

Well the strikers BD didn't fix the damn pacing the Strikers season HAD with so many plots at the same time.
I'd say it's still worth it for the last 8 eps when they trully decided to just go out in term of fights and the nanoha moments ( goddamn those moments are excellent )

Vivid better give me my second season...

See here what i like about vivid , a limited amount of new characters and when they appears , you don't wait that long before you see them in action. you're not "waiting for something to happen" Even a freaking training episode with hot spring bath was more eventfull than a regular episode of the first part of strikers.

Mandelbo

I wonder how you explain what Shinji does to Asuka without it getting awkward. Still a good movie but I wouldn't want to start there.

I didn't explain anything about the plot up to that point or what was happening in the film, lol. I just let them get utterly confused and watched with glee as every subsequent event plunged them deeper into it.

Parfait

Well the strikers BD didn't fix the damn pacing the Strikers season HAD with so many plots at the same time.
I'd say it's still worth it for the last 8 eps when they trully decided to just go out in term of fights and the nanoha moments ( goddamn those moments are excellent )

Vivid better give me my second season...

See here what i like about vivid , a limited amount of new characters and when they appears , you don't wait that long before you see them in action. you're not "waiting for something to happen" Even a freaking training episode with hot spring bath was more eventfull than a regular episode of the first part of strikers.

Based on your experience I will probably get to watching more of Vivid. I stopped partway because I just... lost interest in the characters. Mainly because I skipped StrikerS, and partly because they didn't feel that interesting. Oh and the random, stupid literal age-up transformation which was basically garbage. Like what?

javac

A change of pace, and a much needed backhand.

Anime Limited have licensed Ping Pong The Animation.
It’s MCM Comic Con in Manchester this weekend and we have slew of news to share with you as the weekend unfolds. Though the event begins tomorrow we wanted to start sharing our news with you today kicking things off with a glimpse at our release lineup for October & November that includes Sword Art Online II: Part 2 and a new license announcement! Let’s get started with the reveal of that new license announcement.
“Ping Pong is a title I’ve had my eyes on for a quite for a while” says Andrew Partridge, President of Anime Limited. “It’s unique animation style coupled with the quality of story telling and the actual playing of Table Tennis itself, keeping in mind I’m really not that well versed in the sport at all, makes this show something that everyone should really go out of their way to see. I’m delighted we’ve been able to add this to our ever-expanding catalogue.”

We’ll be releasing Ping Pong The Animation as a complete series set on both Blu-ray and DVD in October (date TBC). Our release will include both the English dub and the original Japanese audio with subtitles.

On disc content:
  • Complete Series (11 episodes)
  • Extras (may differ depending on format): Episode Commentaries, Japanese Box Set Commercials, TV Spots, Original Trailer, Next Episode Previews, Textless Songs, Trailers
  • Language options (for series): English, Japanese with English subtitles
Link
ANIME LIMITED Q4 2015 RELEASE LINEUP
[TBA] October
  • Ping Pong The Animation (Blu-ray, DVD)
  • Sword Art Online II: Part 2 (Collector’s Blu-ray, DVD)
[TBA] November
  • Fusé: Memoirs Of A Huntress (Collector’s Blu-ray+DVD combi)
  • Samurai Flamenco: Part 1 (Blu-ray **Subtitle-only release**)
[More titles plus December releases to be announced soon]

So I think everything has aired now so I'll share what my fave shows so far are. I'm curious about what others think.

Best

Shokugeki no Soma - Soma is amazing. I am glad it looks like we are getting another season from current pacing. It's just a very enjoyable show.

Ushio and Tora - Legit actual manime, without the sexism (so far) Highly enjoyable, lots of personality, well animated to boot.

Dragon Ball Super - This is entertaining as hell. It's pretty much exactly what I wanted after BoG. People getting upset there isn't any 20 episode long fights or yelling should tell you a lot.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight - It's more Gatchaman. Although VAPE is kind of lame and nonsensical so far, the strong roots from the first season (Haime, Berg-Katze, Rui) are still here.

Prison School - Moving at an extremely fast pace and some slowing down would be appreciated, but the style is really great. It's nailing most of the moments I would like them to nail. Face game is on point too.

Good

World with no Dirty Jokes - This is my surprise of the season, I expected a one off joke that would get old but it's super enjoyable and the voice acting on the characters really sells it.

Monster Musume - I AM ALLOWED.

Non Non Biyori Repeat - More of the most comfy show ever. Spoilers, it is indeed super comfy.

Decent

Symphogear GX - Past the first episode this has kind of been meandering about a little. I'm glad Hibiki's arc of not punching things is over but the time for the villains to just beat up on the protags should have ended an episode ago.

IM@S Cinderella Girls S2 - I like it. I still don't know what Idols are. Anastasia is cute. Spasiba.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa - The opening parts are pretty weak but this isn't doing anything right or wrong, just kind of riding that line. Hopefully the good comedic moments are there later.

Dropped

Himouto! Umaru-chan - Jokes fall really flat for me. I don't think there's anything here for me to enjoy. It looks good and the OP is great.

God Eater - Looks pretty, is well directed. That's it.

Snow White with the Red Hair - This is some shoujo-ass shoujo and it looks pretty but there's not enough to keep me interested.

Gangsta - Black Lagoon but boring and with no Revy.

Sore Ga Seiyuu - It's okay.

To Love Ru Darkness S2 - It's censored, so the entire point has been blocked from your viewing. Also I hate Lala's voice.

Bikini Warriors - Unlike No Dirty Jokes World, the joke here got old after a minute and it's a 4 minute show.

Overlord - No seriously where were my boner jokes?

Ninja Slayer Tier

Ninja Slayer. It continues to exist. Aieeeeeeeeee~

In conclusion - I watch too much garbage, Gintama is better then all of these, watch Soma, Ushio and Tora and Prison School

I'm sick to my stomach

You confuse me.

Not only did you choose this particular thread title, you were somewhat counting down to this new Illya season and then seemingly among the first to watch it.

You sure you're telling us everything?

Prison School - 03

First episode I really liked. Had quite a few good laughs.

Got to say though, those, quite literal, in your face fanservice moments with the vice president are just kinda shit. When Kiyoshi was peaking through the small hole, I can understand it there. But otherwise it's just kind of lame.

Some of the faces in Prison School are truly glorious I admit.

Prison School 3

That's was a whole lot of lowbrow humor, poop, ass and gay jokes. I mean, I still laughed so it's doing something right, but it's clear this isn't going to be a very sophisticated comedy series.
As if there was any doubt.

I'm liking the visual direction of the series, Madhouse is on point.

Clasroom Crisis 4

Unions and politics, oh my!

But dropped. I wanted to "support" it as it's one of the few animes in the last years of this type, without focus on fanservice, moe, action, ecchi or big mechas, but that doesn't mean it's automatically good. It isn't, in fact. It's incredibly uninteresting and pedestrian.
If I want good schemes, manipulation and politics I would invest better my time watching something like House of Cards than this.

Ushio to Tora 04

Tora is the most Tsun character in anime, he does know how to zap though, ruthless.

I love the gore, is there anything this anime does wrong? I don't think so.

So what's up with the source material of this? is there an interesting backstory to this show? Was it popular in Japan when it came out?

Watchable:

Shimoneta

Shiiiiiiit:

Rest.

Conclusion: This year is dreary and even fall won't save it.

tumblr_n6iwy1UKbx1r66h7yo1_500.gif

jbug617

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 16

You knew that Soma was going to lose.

Also they are doing the Kaarage Wars Arc they just did them out of order.
I'm worried that they are going to rush through the tournament.

Symphogear GX - 04
i so wanted to slap her during the first part, but she appologized right afterwards.
I was like , what ?
It's not your gungir, you got that crystal from her remember ?

But it's alright ... after witnessing the most embarassing escape attempt in a magical girl show , one is bound to be confused.

As for maria , i'm so looking forward to see her at full power , we really need it.

One good thing so far is that the bad guys ....are acting like bad guys , WHAT A CHANGE. That blue girl face is priceless as a vilain.. i'm so looking forward to see more fight from her.

Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20GX%20-%2004_02.jpg

As if we need more confirmation that those 2 are an item.

Overall good episode. Hibiki will probably schoked but mostly fine. Can't wait for next weeek.

Shokugeki no Soma 16

You knew that Soma was going to lose.

Also they are doing the Kaarage Wars Arc they just did them out of order.
I'm worried that they are going to rush through the tournament.

Doubt they will rush it, they've been doing great pacing up to now, dunno why they would fuck it up now. If they stop before the actual tourney, wait a few seasons then come back they could do another 26 episodes.

All this Fate Illya hype. I think people need to cool their jets a little. There are other shows this season more deserving of such hype like DRRR X2 and World with no Dirty Jokes.

Is Soma only gonna be 24 episodes? Hope it doesn't end with a read the manga style ending.

It's probably too early to guess but they won't be able to cover up the next arc. It's over half the mangas length, if they do the intro parts then another 2 cour season they could do it at the current pace. I would count on it. Soma is pretty popular, World Trigger got more then 50 episodes, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom