• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

So we all got to see the first two episodes of Rokka no Yuusha. I'll try to avoid mentioning anything about the plot.

It was entertaining, but there are definitely issues. Adlet got people in the audience to laugh pretty often with his attitude.

The biggest problem for me will be the pacing. They fit in a lot of scenes from the novel, but it took until the very end of episode two before any real interesting conflict happened. I feel like it'll be difficult to be interested in watching this series until a few episodes have been released. This pacing will be nice when we get to the real conflict (which the staff told us before the episodes), but for now it's not too interesting.

The other big problem is that the show doesn't know how to convey setting or backstory without dumping tons of dialogue at you. What makes it worse is that the direction fails at making the dialogue compelling IMO. The first episode is especially bad about exposition, but the second episode isn't much better about the dialogue.

The art in the show is consistently good. The animation is nice for scattered scenes and overall good. The backgrounds are not too great. I liked the music, but I'm not sure if it's being used as well as it could be,but part of that is just due to the episodes not being very interesting.

TL;DR: Pacing problems and tons of uninterestingly-directed dialogue. Production values are good.

Despite all of this negativity, I think this show will turn out well. It was only the first two episodes and I think, once the show reaches the actual conflict, it will be fun to watch. Plus the girls are cute :D! Looking forward to watching this. Just gotta be honest about these episodes lol.

So we all got to see the first two episodes of Rokka no Yuusha. I'll try to avoid mentioning anything about the plot.

It was entertaining, but there are definitely issues. Adlet got people in the audience to laugh pretty often with his attitude.

The biggest problem for me will be the pacing. They fit in a lot of scenes from the novel, but it took until the very end of episode two before any real interesting conflict happened. I feel like it'll be difficult to be interested in watching this series until a few episodes have been released. This pacing will be nice when we get to the real conflict (which the staff told us before the episodes), but for now it's not too interesting.

The other big problem is that the show doesn't know how to convey setting or backstory without dumping tons of dialogue at you. What makes it worse is that the direction fails at making the dialogue compelling IMO. The first episode is especially bad about exposition, but the second episode isn't much better about the dialogue.

The art in the show is consistently good. The animation is nice for scattered scenes and overall good. The backgrounds are not too great. I liked the music, but I'm not sure if it's being used as well as it could be,but part of that is just due to the episodes not being very interesting.

TL;DR: Pacing problems and tons of uninterestingly-directed dialogue. Production values are good.

Despite all of this negativity, I think this show will turn out well. It was only the first two episodes and I think, once the show reaches the actual conflict, it will be fun to watch. Plus the girls are cute :D! Looking forward to watching this. Just gotta be honest about these episodes lol.

Thanks for sharing your input about the first 2 episodes of Rokka. As for the conflict not occurring in the first 2 episodes, I'm fine with it. I rather have it not be too rushed just for it to get to the conflict. So far everything seems good from your impressions so it seems I'll be able to enjoy it.

OceanBlue

Thanks for sharing your input about the first 2 episodes of Rokka. As for the conflict not occurring in the first 2 episodes, I'm fine with it. I rather have it not be too rushed just for it to get to the conflict. So far everything seems good from your impressions so it seems I'll be able to enjoy it.
Lol glad you're still looking forward to it. I don't know if people are going to be as negative as I am, but I'm definitely going to be one of those guys who tell people that they should try sticking with it for a bit longer lol.

javac

TOP 30 - 2014/12/08 to 2015/06/07

2015 Mid-Year Sales (Series) 2014/12/08 to 2015/06/07

Code:
120,464 [B]Sword Art Online II[/B]

98,151 [B]Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season[/B]

92,418 [B]Haikyuu!![/B]

92,234 [B]Shirobako[/B]

89,383 [B]Free!: Eternal Summer[/B]

69,223 [B]Tsukimonogatari[/B]

65,060  [B]Kuroko no Basuke[/B] ([I]Kuroko's Basketball[/I])

61,035 [B]Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei[/B] ([I]The Irregular at Magic High School[/I])

59,922 [B]Kantai Collection: KanColle[/B]

58,961 [B]Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru[/B] ([I]Yuki Yuna is a Hero[/I])

50,325 [B]Gundam Reconguista in G[/B]

49,185 [B]Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road[/B]

44,730 [B]Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso[/B] ([I]Your Lie in April[/I])

43,331 [B]Aldnoah.Zero[/B]

43,093 [B]JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders[/B] ([I]JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders[/I])

40,721 [B]Amagi Brilliant Park[/B]

40,045 [B]Cross Ange[/B]

37,829 [B]Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works[/B]

35,334  [B]Yokai Watch[/B]

35,093 [B]Psycho-Pass 2[/B]

32,762 [B]Nanatsu no Taizai[/B] ([I]The Seven Deadly Sins[/I])

Other sales during this time:
Code:
277,133 [B]Big Hero 6[/B]
124,636 [B]Frozen[/B]
112,475 [B]Stand by Me Doraemon[/B]
80,322 [B]Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin[/B]
61,581 [B]Expelled from Paradise[/B]
39,697 [B]Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata[/B] ([I]Saekano: How to Raise a Boring 
Girlfriend[/I])
36,197 [B]Omoide no Marnie[/B] [I]When Marnie Was There[/I]
35,681 [B]Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199: Hoshimeguru Hakobune[/B] ([I]Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark[/I])
33,937 [B]Tom and Jerry[/B]

Ezalc

All these people shitting on Gangsta, it's pretty average but I like Worick, Nick and Alex's relationship. It helps that there's a nice scene later on in the manga which I'm guessing is where the show will stop at.

I didn't even know it was getting an anime. I'm hyped for it, love Alex. This season will probably have the most anime I watch: Prison School, Gangsta, Working, and Gatchaman.

Is One Punch Man this time around too or only later this year?

Puruzi

Banned
All these people shitting on Gangsta, it's pretty average but I like Worick, Nick and Alex's relationship. It helps that there's a nice scene later on in the manga which I'm guessing is where the show will stop at.

I didn't even know it was getting an anime. I'm hyped for it, love Alex. This season will probably have the most anime I watch: Prison School, Gangsta, Working, and Gatchaman.

Is One Punch Man this time around too or only later this year?

One Punch Man is Fall IIRC. September I think.

8bXKeBF.jpg
hHGOJ5X.jpg

X05Q1yK.jpg
ScvytXo.jpg

Ending: It's FLOW. There's no way I can hate this.

Normally, I'd be right piss that they're extending the flashback even longer.

But it's Guy.

And I actually like him.

So I don't really have a problem with it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It was brought to my attention that Minus sucks for GAF now thus my CIndy Gals and SAOII threads were a sea of broken images. This has been rectified.

VRMN

@WTK
Sentai Filmworks has announced Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Higurashi (When they Cry) @ AX.

So...what...rescue from Geneon? Are they going to release Kai and the subsequent series too as they did for Hayate? Because I would be all over that. I'm still kind of annoyed that only season one was ever released in the US...with maybe the worst dub I have ever listened to.

cajunator

Banned

Yessssss

I'm calling it in that zombie survival series with the girls in the school.

I bet you are right!

Rampo Kitan Game of Laplace - 01

Not bad. The murder mystery/crime aspects is especially intriguing to me. I just hope it won't go full bonkers.
I like the calm and methodical main character, as well as the Takahiro voiced "young detective". My biggest gripe would be the ages of the cast, and some typical designs.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
HAIR DRILL CATGIRL SIGHTING
Also this show rather hilariously has the name of a Louisiana town in it. Interesting name choice!

Damn Idolm@ster CG sure ended up selling well. I knew it was popular but shit.

Dont underestimate the popularity of idols in Japan

I should note that teacher is supposed to be 32 years old.

I can believe it actually.

jbug617

Banned
So...what...rescue from Geneon? Are they going to release Kai and the subsequent series too as they did for Hayate? Because I would be all over that. I'm still kind of annoyed that only season one was ever released in the US...with maybe the worst dub I have ever listened to.

14:31:06 <bay|AX|Sentai> Higurashi - When they Cry
14:31:21 <bay|AX|Sentai> we have also picked up season 2
14:31:24 <bay|AX|Sentai> and the season 3 ova set
http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums...-When-they-Cry-(Seasons-1-amp-2-Season-3-OVA)

I will now spite Barakamon because somebody said fuck Hyouka

Nobody says that about my Sherlock Holmes-kun

Don't spite Barakamon.
It's the better show.

mods please ban Gangsta discussion. tia

Go ahead I still have other anime for Summer to discuss about like Prison School, Ushio no Tora, and Rokka. Are you gonna ban those as well because I want Barakamon than Hyouka.

Barakamon is better than that boooooooooring shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom