• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
The nationalism in Code Geass takes the form of Wakamoto being the hammiest he has ever been and the main character is fighting against it

Nothing will ever come close to that I fear. It was the peak.

TOP 30 - 2014/12/08 to 2015/06/07

2015 Mid-Year Sales (Series) 2014/12/08 to 2015/06/07

Code:
120,464 [B]Sword Art Online II[/B]

98,151 [B]Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season[/B]

92,418 [B]Haikyuu!![/B]

92,234 [B]Shirobako[/B]

89,383 [B]Free!: Eternal Summer[/B]

69,223 [B]Tsukimonogatari[/B]

65,060  [B]Kuroko no Basuke[/B] ([I]Kuroko's Basketball[/I])

61,035 [B]Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei[/B] ([I]The Irregular at Magic High School[/I])

59,922 [B]Kantai Collection: KanColle[/B]

58,961 [B]Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru[/B] ([I]Yuki Yuna is a Hero[/I])

50,325 [B]Gundam Reconguista in G[/B]

49,185 [B]Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road[/B]

44,730 [B]Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso[/B] ([I]Your Lie in April[/I])

43,331 [B]Aldnoah.Zero[/B]

43,093 [B]JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders[/B] ([I]JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders[/I])

40,721 [B]Amagi Brilliant Park[/B]

40,045 [B]Cross Ange[/B]

37,829 [B]Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works[/B]

35,334  [B]Yokai Watch[/B]

35,093 [B]Psycho-Pass 2[/B]

32,762 [B]Nanatsu no Taizai[/B] ([I]The Seven Deadly Sins[/I])

Damn, Shirobako sold that well? And Yuuki Yuuna? Awesome.

Other sales during this time:
Code:
277,133 [B]Big Hero 6[/B]
124,636 [B]Frozen[/B]
112,475 [B]Stand by Me Doraemon[/B]
80,322 [B]Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin[/B]
61,581 [B]Expelled from Paradise[/B]
39,697 [B]Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata[/B] ([I]Saekano: How to Raise a Boring 
Girlfriend[/I])
36,197 [B]Omoide no Marnie[/B] [I]When Marnie Was There[/I]
35,681 [B]Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199: Hoshimeguru Hakobune[/B] ([I]Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark[/I])
33,937 [B]Tom and Jerry[/B]

@WTK
Sentai Filmworks has announced Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Higurashi (When they Cry) @ AX.

Higurashiiiiiii
SOLD

RightStuf gives us Gundam Build Fighters on Blu Ray.

SOLD ALSO! (season one)

Risette

A Good Citizen
hyouka is one of the best tv anime ever made. if you don't like it you should probably just give up on anime and find a different thing to spend your time with, since if you can't appreciate such a masterpiece of the medium you clearly don't even like anime.

Gatchaman Crowds 01

Where's Ken the Eagle?

This show is pretty cool. All the characters look interesting, especially the main girl.

I really love that Gatchaman! theme song that played during the transformations.

Puruzi

Banned
hyouka is one of the best tv anime ever made. if you don't like it you should probably just give up on anime and find a different thing to spend your time with, since if you can't appreciate such a masterpiece of the medium you clearly don't even like anime.

it sux

VRMN

Narag

Gatchaman Crowds 01

Where's Ken the Eagle?

This show is pretty cool. All the characters look interesting, especially the main girl.

I really love that Gatchaman! theme song that played during the transformations.

Fun fact: J.J. is actually voiced by Katsuji Mori.

I'm still not watching Hyouka until Branduil watches Gundam Build Fighters.

Stand fast like I am. Not touching E7 until I can make Corvo suffer.

Midonin

I know CR puts in a word for everything, so really, the only things I'm not expecting to be streamed are Venus Project and Symphogear GX. Everything else should have someone interested in it. I expect the announcements/start of streamings are slow because they're either being announced at Anime Expo, or the people who would be working on them... are also at Anime Expo.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka is pretty meh but not horrible. It looks good at least, though looks are not as important as substance, which is where it falters unfortunately.
But it has drunk Chitanda and cooking with Misaki so Im ok with it!

How can one be a masterpiece of the medium if it's completely boring?

If Hyouka Is considered a masterpiece of the medium then anime is truly dead.

wonzo

Banned
behead those that insult hyouka

neregate.com-summer-23fs8a.jpg
._;

phaze

Time really is a flat circle.
Edit:Goddamit jman.

Disappointing to see so meager sales for Death Parade, Yatterman and Yuri Kuma. Granted they weren't even particularly stellar but at least they tried.

Glad to see incestgatari charting near the top though.

Stand fast like I am. Not touching E7 until I can make Corvo suffer.

The sad thing is; I don't think you can find a show that will make him rage like Clannad did.

Another sad thing is; Branduil says he should finish Clannad before he takes me up on my offer.

This KEY anime is preventing us from getting our satisfaction!

Narag

The sad thing is; I don't think you can find a show that will make him rage like Clannad did.

Another sad thing is; Branduil says he should finish Clannad before he takes me up on my offer.

I can dig deep.

wonzo

Banned
mods pls replace the tags of all those that cant appreciate hyouka with the shit emoji tia

💩💩💩💩

cajunator

Banned

Now and Then Here and There might do it.

Acosta

behead those that insult hyouka

._;

Now that you mention it, can I get a version of this without the guy? (and what is the joke about?)

BTW I'm watching Gatchaman now, I had in my backlog forever and given there is another one now, seems like a good moment.

Wish I did it earlier, Hajime is awesome!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I like barakamon, but hyouka win in term of animation and creativity.

Maria the virgin witch end

Power of love conquer all. Nothing special in animation and story. Humor hit or miss, but i did laugh at priapous attempt to get a dick. Ep 11 doesnt seem to finish in time, lot of cutting to unerelated scene or using amoke to hide summoned monster. One exceptional thing from this show is it accurate depiction of medieval war. Whoever did the researc really nail it. The snime staff also did their own 5hing with the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom