• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kotaku would like to have a word. lol

LkJSnpU.png
SMARTESTANIMEINYEARS.jpg

Fuck Hyouka I want Funimation to give me a godamn release date on Barakamon.

This is the worst opinion ever.

Agreement

You what? What is even happening right now?

I will now spite Barakamon because somebody said fuck Hyouka

Nobody says that about my Sherlock Holmes-kun

Yup. This is my new stance too.

Hyouka was only the second or maybe third worst Koyto Animation show I have watched.

Hyouka... was amazing.

Hyouka is shit

I was wrong. This is the worst opinion on this page.

We try not to hold that against them.

Ouch. KyoAni is so good though...

Puruzi

Banned
This is the worst opinion ever.

You what? What is even happening right now?

Yup. This is my new stance too.

Hyouka... was amazing.

I was wrong. This is the worst opinion on this page.

Ouch. KyoAni is so good though...

This disgusting Hyouka stanning needs to stop

Mandelbo

I, er, kinda... liked... Hyouka...

It had a really good ending I thought...

I agree that Beyond the Boundry sucked horribly though.

But you like Hyouka though.........

Which is probably among the highest compliments which can be paid to a person's taste in anime.

Everyone knows that Hyouka is a masterpiece, and one of the top anime of the decade.

Had no idea Hyouka was so hated. Never finished it, but I thought what I saw of it was entertaining.

It isn't hated. It just has a small group of people who are determined to let everyone know how much they hate good things.

Hyouka was voted as the best anime of the year on this forum.

I like barakamon, but hyouka win in term of animation and creativity.

I'll give it that Hyouka visual wise looked really great but other than that it's content was boring and just not interesting. Yeah Barakamon didn't have great animation but at least it wasn't boring and actually made me feel for the characters which I can't say for Hyouka. I rather have a series that has average animation but that's actually good and entertaining than one that has amazing animation but is completely boring.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Which is probably among the highest compliments which can be paid to a person's taste in anime.

Everyone knows that Hyouka is a masterpiece, and one of the top anime of the decade.

It isn't hated. It just has a small group of people who are determined to let everyone know how much they hate good things.

Mistakes are always made.

Moonlight

Banned
I'll give it that Hyouka visual wise looked really great but other than that it's content was boring and just not interesting. Yeah Barakamon didn't have great animation but at least it wasn't boring and actually made me feel for the characters which I can't say for Hyouka. I rather have a series that has average animation but that's actually good and entertaining than one that has amazing animation but is completely boring.
Most of the show flew over your head.

Mistakes are always made.

Aside from the 2010 disaster, GAF has generally gotten at least the top spot for Anime of the Year right (or at least an acceptable choice that might have been second or third best overall).

I mean, sometimes complete shit like Kill la Kill or Ano Hana makes the Top 10, but that's the price you pay for getting a good top of the list, I guess.

So was Panty and Stocking!

I like to consider 2010 as a test run since it was the first year we had a vote. So it doesn't really count.

This disgusting Hyouka stanning needs to stop

Oh, oh were just getting started!

I, er, kinda... liked... Hyouka...

It had a really good ending I thought...

It's okay. Most people agree with this

Yup. I don't even understand.

Dropping the truth bombs in here.

Your favorite anime wishes it was half as good as Hyouka.

Hyouka is so good... though it is only... like 5 on my list of Anime of the Forever.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hello fellow anime thread posters. Spamming the thread with "x sucks" is highly annoying and contributes nothing to any discussion. I do not even care what your opinion is about, but I would urge you to think hard about the necessity of your post before you press "Submit Reply". Maybe there is some small chance that you think what you are doing is amusing or clever. It is not. Instead it clogs the thread with subhuman back and forth poop flinging that continues to accumulate into something repulsive and difficult for me to ignore.

On the other end of things, if you see bad posts it is often better not to indulge said poster by lavishing them with the attention they so obviously crave. Again, these too contribute towards bad posts being hard for me to ignore. Be polite. Take into consideration the fact that you might be making my bad day even worse whenever you post.

Acosta

Woah, what a fiery conversation. Wasn't Hyouka Anime of the Year here?

What it is, the Metal Gear Solid 4 of animegaf?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

there's a tiny contingent of edgelords with shit taste who loudly declare how awful it is, but the vast majority of people realize(d) that Hyouka is simply one of the best shows out there, hence winning #1 AOTY and #1 in our hearts

cajunator

Banned

Its a pretty packaging but light on the content. Would have been a lot better at half the length.

Metal Gear Solid is one of the worst things ever, so Hyouka is definitely better than that at the very least.

Dresden

there's a tiny contingent of edgelords with shit taste who loudly declare how awful it is, but the vast majority of people realize(d) that Hyouka is simply one of the best shows out there, hence winning #1 AOTY and #1 in our hearts

not just you, but holy shit tone down the edgelords and shit taste accusations.

Syrinx

If you want people to take your criticisms of Hyouka or anything else seriously, try going beyond "boring". Not because it isn't valid to find something boring, but because I don't know what the fuck "boring" means to you or anybody else other than me, and I don't care to make a list. Boring and fun are such subjective terms that they're completely meaningless in and of themselves.

Not that the rest of us don't often use those words, but this discussion isn't going to go anywhere at this rate (not that they ever do).

Kill la Kill would have been AOTY had Yamato not pulled a route, never forget this.

It wouldn't have, because it was never going to get the AnimeGAF support necessary to win. If Yamato had been ineligible than either Eccentric Family or Flowers of Evil would have gotten that support behind it. There's no conceivable way that Kill la Kill could have ever actually won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom