• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Aikatsu 34-35

You know, I kind of dislike that Kaede jumped in and made the entire event about her, even though she's great at beasting through everything. Nice cards by the way. Mostly because she makes the entire event a foregone conclusion, since the show has been building up Ichigo as Mizuki's partner, and Kaede is way above everyone else. Plus hearing the same song three times in a row is a bit tiring.
Wait, Ran won? Holy shit, she actually won something. That's not something you see every day. Though I should've seen it coming when we learned Mizuki wanted the one who shined brightest on her own since Ichigo relies way too much on others despite being the brightest while Aoi shines in other areas.

WORKING !!!!! - 004

Woah, things movd fast ... but i like this pacing , satou strugle will really pay off at this rate. because she still told him to invite her again .
YES

As for inami , damn that soft punch was awesome.
Now , i expect great things for next episode ..
YES

Manager with the nailed bat was unexpected but excellent ..
SO excellent. Much apppreciated.

the twist is its still garbage for garbage people

Yesterdays baseball episode was really good though, it almost rivals the one in Samurai Champloo.

It was like watching X-men and a sports anime at the same time, the sister will also probably blow herself up in the near future, what more can you ask for.

Soma

not gonna lie i'm pretty happy to see shimoneta so well received

before this season i had low expectations despite being hyped for it

i mean it can still drop the ball later on at some point but it's been a good ride so far

Baby Steps 2 17:
This has been an exciting match.
Maruo lost out on the second set in a rather agonizing way, but I'll be looking forward to seeing him beat Ide at his own game and manage a dramatic victory in the third set. Nabae watching is probably going to wind up being just the jolt that he needed in order to figure out how to deal with Ide.

Ascheroth

That would actually make me watch it

My guess would be that a meteor shower hits the shool and turns everything into a sea of blood. Would be quite fitting since their school is literally called Sea of Stars : P

Random overdramatic ideas of what could happen afterwards. You have been warned ;)
Our main character is the first to die, but in the moment before his death he uses his ability to possess Yukarin, and because of her ability it works out somehow and he starts sharing her body together with Misa.
MCs sister died as well, which causes him to snap and go insane. Since he is now without a body, his ability has no risks anymore and he can possess anyone without fear. In a fit of madness he starts possessing the corpses of his sister and newfound friends in turns and he starts roleplaying classroom with them.
The end. May need to throw some evil scientists somewhere in there for good measure.

TUSR

Banned

i mean it can still drop the ball later on at some point but it's been a good ride so far
only show I look forward to weekly this season tbh

My guess would be that a meteor shower hits the shool and turns everything into a sea of blood. Would be quite fitting since their school is literally called Sea of Stars : P

Random overdramatic ideas of what could happen afterwards. You have been warned ;)
Our main character is the first to die, but in the moment before his death he uses his ability to possess Yukarin, and because of her ability it works out somehow and he starts sharing her body together with Misa.
MCs sister died as well, which causes him to snap and go insane. Since he is now without a body, his ability has no risks anymore and he can possess anyone without fear. In a fit of madness he starts possessing the corpses of his sister and newfound friends in turns and he starts roleplaying classroom with them.
The end. May need to throw some evil scientists somewhere in there for good measure.

I might as well post my own theory:

- There is a comet named Charlotte which is either the source of their powers or falls down on earth

- Mao's little experiment at the end of last episode was to find out if MC can use other powers while channeling other gifted people. (Like the new girls does)

Episode 7 theory

1) Lelouch and the squad are hanging out at school

2) Wet map guy comes in and drips all over the map

3) MC: "But that's my house!!?"

4) The crew goes to MC's house and finds the sister with some OP powers she can't control.

5) Sister gets herself killed/caught by scientists. Bonus points if MC is forced to take control over his sister and has to use her powers to either defeat scientists or kill/incapacitate the sister (Which is going to be freaky since he is his sister at that moment)

-------------------------

The name of the school is pretty interesting. Are there more names like that in the show?

John Blade

Now, the major point of the story have reach at the turning point. Aoi have the courage to tell her mother that she was very fortunate in her life and she want to thank both her mom and dad for it. But she found her happiness in her life and want to be with Kaoru together as his wife. A very touching scene I have to say and it was done well.

You see Miyabi reject this whole idea but got side step by Aoi mom and agree with her daughter decision. A very powerful scene as you see both of the main character are become a bit more mature of the decision (this is mostly at Aoi because of personality) but unfortunately, the story didn't continue this way.

They did live together but in a mansion from the family (not really the plan as Kaoru though both will stack in his small apartment). Also, Miyabi is now in charge of the mansion and basically force Kaoru to live separate from Aoi place (basically another home next door) for protection of the family. It feel like they're basically treating them like children even though they make the big decision in life. Another thing that kinda throw out of the window is Kaoru don't want to be in Hanabishi family. He in few episode he refuse to go back to the family clan but here we are, back in the family clan. Kinda weird when you think about it. Guess, he doesn't have a choice really.

I guess, we will see if they change the tone of the show from romance with a mix of comedy to a full blown comedy with a mix of romance. If it's a later half, then it will become like Love Hina (this isn't a bad thing but not everyone like Love Hina).

Also, another nude shot of Aoi from the back when she was in the bathroom for people who love those stuff and a very touching scene with when Kaoru got sick and Aoi take care of him for the day and even show a special scene to keep him warm. I guess we all want that.

Ascheroth

I might as well post my own theory:
That... actually sounds like it could really happen. I agree with your comet theory. I mean, the show hints so hard at there being comets/meteors/stars involved, it's not even funny (the opening, the hobby of the sister, the star talk in a previous episode, the school name and probably some more things)
The name of the school is pretty interesting. Are there more names like that in the show?
Sorry, no idea. My japanese isn't that good (still learning). I only noticed it because of how prominient stars are in this show.

cajunator

Banned
This season sucks and so everyone who likes it should be banned as they are a blight on animekind.

D:
NUUUUU

Guess Ill check out Shimoneta eventually. Never got around to seeing Seitokai Yakuindomo.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Prisma Illya 2wei - 01

kUwTYxA.png
oiOmQ4x.png

mCdzkEW.png
FpQ32Ja.png

Miyu making her feelings obviously clear at the start of the second season, girl is wasting no time to claim her partner's heart! Let's go Miyu, I believe in you!

Narag

Miss Monochrome 1-13 + OVAs
ehh, wasn't exactly bad but just not really my thing. Think it took all day to watch 13 3 minute eps. The last ep was great though, overachieving given the rest of the series.

Sabagebu! 11
The strawberries actually made that more disgusting since they could do that much more with the gag.

Sabagebu! 12 FIN
Now that's what I call a final episode! Mozart just made it better. :lol
===
It's comedy so kinda subjective but I ended up liking this one a lot. It had some glaring flaws, particularly repetitive humor or the non-survival game slice of life bits where the humor tended to fall flat if Platy or Lemon weren't around. However, even these contributed to the finale that tied everything together so nicely in the most realized and intense survival game of the series.

Momoka was a breath of fresh air though as there's entirely far too few unrepentant shitheels as main characters in anime. A lot of the humor was centered around this and without this consistency of character, I doubt i'd have cared for this as much as I did.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think the question is how would the scene be portrayed in the context of the same world if the genders were reversed? A purity-obsessed male character that isn't aware of how to deal with his feelings assaults a somewhat perverted girl (but still relatively pure) that lusts after said male character.

That being said, the scene was NOT portrayed as okay, which I'd say is at least a bit progressive. Still, I can't imagine there would be the same comedic undertones had they been gender-swapped.

Though it's not like male on female almost rape can't have comedic undertones in anime, or even overtones (hell, look at NGNL).
I was just waiting for Gorilla to make a runner at the dude because of his own activation, since that would have been the easy joke. lol

Shoujo borders on this stuff almost all the time, so I could see the reverse happening in some context. It'd be one way to parody the dark, mysterious, sexy male lead by basically making him the perfect shoujo hero but also completely asexual.

Also, not to victim blame of course, but they also literally put up a sign that said "please come inside and do things to me" for the stalker to see. The fact that it was all a set up provides at least some context for the whole strange event.

When you realize she put her 'fluids' in an envelope and put it in a guy's desk as a declaration of love, is when you realize how absolutely bat shit insane she is.

DTF indeed.
I don't believe you.
lol

Mandelbo

Shimoneta 04

It just keeps getting better and better! the scene where
Anna got into Okuma's apartment and bound him against his will was really unsettling, but it turned around into comedy with Saotome getting flustered and Kajo walking in on it all.
Notice the change in the ED; where there was once a silouhette, there is
Anna.
I really appreciate that the show actually has a pretty good story to hold up the comedy too, the implications of witholding all sexual knowledge from teens actually being explored in an interesting way. I wonder if Fuwa will start to get more involved with the main cast from now on?

cajunator

Banned
Now, the major point of the story have reach at the turning point. Aoi have the courage to tell her mother that she was very fortunate in her life and she want to thank both her mom and dad for it. But she found her happiness in her life and want to be with Kaoru together as his wife. A very touching scene I have to say and it was done well.

You see Miyabi reject this whole idea but got side step by Aoi mom and agree with her daughter decision. A very powerful scene as you see both of the main character are become a bit more mature of the decision (this is mostly at Aoi because of personality) but unfortunately, the story didn't continue this way.

They did live together but in a mansion from the family (not really the plan as Kaoru though both will stack in his small apartment). Also, Miyabi is now in charge of the mansion and basically force Kaoru to live separate from Aoi place (basically another home next door) for protection of the family. It feel like they're basically treating them like children even though they make the big decision in life. Another thing that kinda throw out of the window is Kaoru don't want to be in Hanabishi family. He in few episode he refuse to go back to the family clan but here we are, back in the family clan. Kinda weird when you think about it. Guess, he doesn't have a choice really.

I guess, we will see if they change the tone of the show from romance with a mix of comedy to a full blown comedy with a mix of romance. If it's a later half, then it will become like Love Hina (this isn't a bad thing but not everyone like Love Hina).

Also, another nude shot of Aoi from the back when she was in the bathroom for people who love those stuff and a very touching scene with when Kaoru got sick and Aoi take care of him for the day and even show a special scene to keep him warm. I guess we all want that.

It never goes full on Love Hina thankfully. Ai Yori Aoshi is classier than that.

Miss Monochrome 1-13 + OVAs

ehh, wasn't exactly bad but just not really my thing. Think it took all day to watch 13 3 minute eps. The last ep was great though, overachieving given the rest of the series.

Sabagebu! 11

The strawberries actually made that more disgusting since they could do that much more with the gag.

Sabagebu! 12 FIN

Now that's what I call a final episode! Mozart just made it better. :lol
===
It's comedy so kinda subjective but I ended up liking this one a lot. It had some glaring flaws, particularly repetitive humor or the non-survival game slice of life bits where the humor tended to fall flat if Platy or Lemon weren't around. However, even these contributed to the finale that tied everything together so nicely in the most realized and intense survival game of the series.

Momoka was a breath of fresh air though as there's entirely far too few unrepentant shitheels as main characters in anime. A lot of the humor was centered around this and without this consistency of character, I doubt i'd have cared for this as much as I did.

Miss Monochrome is one of my recent anime pleasures, and not a guilty one. Her android voice is so adorable.

Regarding Momoka, youve seen Binbougami ga, correct?

Mandelbo

Guess Ill check out Shimoneta eventually. Never got around to seeing Seitokai Yakuindomo.

I'm finding it substantially more entertaining than SYD. To me the jokes aren't nearly as repetitive as those in SYD and are made more interesting by the context of the show. I also prefer the art style and animation, but that's more because I really dislike SYD's "sharper" art style.

God Eater 03

Cool shots are carrying this show, it's like the only thing that's good about it but damn, it's just really, really badass.

Can't wait for the big bad Aragami to start stirring up a sticky situation.

Get rid of the gif, mate.

The site name is visible on the upper left.

Rokka no yuusha - 04

Calling it now.
There are more than 1 traitor

No i have a better twist :
All of them aside from the "idiot" is a trator

^^^now that would make for such a great ^^^ TWIST

Anyway, one girl is a traitor, but she really isn't ... They made it so obvious that she isn't one that we can safely say that she isn't.

WAIT

javac

Discotek Media

New Acquisitions:
Dino Mech Gaiking
Contains: All 44 Episodes
Audio: Japanese
Subtitles: English
Format:
Release Date: 2016
gW2ewqpm.jpg

Wicked City (Film)
Audio: English (Manga and Streamline Dubs) / Japanese
Format: DVD (Newly remastered)
NLxThJVm.jpg

Release schedule:
Robot Carnival
Contains: 9 OVAs
Audio: Japanese / English
Subtitles: English (New Subtitles)
Format: DVD
Release Date: September 1st
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (Film)
Audio: English (Japanese Audio declined by license)
Format: BD / DVD
Release Date: Blu-ray: September 9th
DVD: September 22nd
Descendants of Darkness
Contains: All 13 episodes
Audio: English / Japanese
Release Date: September 29th
Super Dimension Century Orguss
Contains: All 35 episodes
Audio: Japanese (First 17 episodes available with English Dub)
sAAC6DFm.jpg
Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid (Film)
au7BlmCm.jpg
Samurai Pizza Cats
Contains: All 52 episodes
Audio: English
Format: BD (Standard Definition)
Release Date: September TBA
16n81PZm.jpg
Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo
Contains: 4 OVAs
Format: BD
Release Date: September TBA
ZcrL0ihm.jpg
IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix
Contains: All 26 episodes
Audio: English (Includes both uncut version and Toonami version) / Japanese
Format: DVD (Newly remastered, widescreen)
Release Date: November 2015
Night on the Galactic Railroad (Film)
Release Date: Blu-ray & DVD: November 2015
Magic Knight Rayearth
Contains: All 49 episodes
Format: BD / DVD (Newly remastered in HD)
Release Date: DVD: December 2015
Blu-ray: Winter 2016
Darkstalkers
Contains: 4 OVA's
Format: DVD (Newly remastered)
Release Date: DVD: December 2015
Blu-ray: Early 2016
Lupin the Third: Jigen's Gravestone (Film)
Audio: English (New Discotek dub, their first)
Release Date: Blu-ray & DVD 2016
Lupin III: Voyage to Danger (Film)
Audio:
Subtitles:
Format:
Lupin the 3rd vs Detective Conan
Contains: Film & OVA special
Audio:
Subtitles:
Format:
Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (Film, Uncut)
Audio: English (unrated and PG-13) / Japanese
Subtitles:
Yowamushi Pedal
Contains: All 64 episodes (Season 1 & 2)
Format:
Iria: Zeiram the Animation
Contains: All 6 OVAs
Format: DVD (new master)
Release Date:

Psycho-Pass Movie

After a few illegal immigrants gets dealt with, it is revealed that they have a connection to Kougami, an ex Enforcer. Kougami is now aiding and/or leading a guerilla faction in a foreign nation, which has started to use the Sybil System to maintain order.
The biggest thing that sets the movie apart from the two seasons is that we now get a look at how the world outside of glorious land of nippon works. And apparently it sucks because there's no Sybil!
The movie was alright I guess, if I can withstand 2 hours of this franchise without a break I'd say it did its job. I'm not a huge Psycho-Pass fan, especially after that second season.
The things I did enjoy about this was the non sybil parts, which there was a decent amount of surprisingly. You could say I liked the non Psycho-Pass elements in this Psycho-Pass movie.

There is a lot of Engrish in this movie, personally I love it. Animation was good, there were some hand-to-hand combat sequences where it was put to good use. Soundtrack wasn't anything that stood out to me but it served it's purpose.
The characters that were introduced in season 2 barely gets any screen time, which was a good decision. Open ending, as to set up for more Psycho-Pass, but do we really want it?

javac

I wish Wicked City was Blu-ray, but DVD is fine too. I'll pick up that, Robot Carnival, Orguss and Galactic Railroad.

Sora no Method OVA

Nothing really happened except cute shenanigans with Noel and the rest. Reminded me of how much I enjoyed the music in this show.

VRMN

I couldn't even think of a post to make in regards to that last episode. My heart came out of my chest and flew to the heavens. I'm only a shell of what I once was. ~(-- v --) ~

And to think that this scene now seems tame in comparison to ep. 1 of 2wei Herz and the 2wei OVA.

Rokka no yuusha - 04

Calling it now.
There are more than 1 traitor

No i have a better twist :
All of them aside from the "idiot" is a trator

^^^now that would make for such a great ^^^ TWIST

Anyway, one girl is a traitor, but she really isn't ... They made it so obvious that she isn't one that we can safely say that she isn't.

WAIT

I'm placing my bets on
the rabbit girl.

Aside from the fact that she's the one you'd suspect the least she has also been doing some sketchy stuff lately. There's probably some vital clue in episode 1 that only makes sense if you know the context.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Unfortunately I know that fact all too well, I wish it was :p
that makes a dvd only release more palatable. i want to get the lupin specials but it's a hard sell when they're dvd only and they've all been on bluray since 2010 in japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom