• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

It only gets better from here! And I loved it.
Oh man I remember how I felt while watching these episodes, my reaction to the ending of episode 12 and I think what I typed on here for this episode was
Moeka, you bitch.

Keep watching Phaze, it just gets better from here.

Glad to hear it.

Oh man to watch Steins Gate again the first time. But if I rewatch it I will just marathon it all over again.

All I can say, keep note of the little details because they all become hugely relevant.

I'm trying to !

I take it you didn't think these episodes were anything to tuturu about.

Oh I tuturu'd plenty. (Assuming this means what I think it means.) Though the
shock of episode 12's ending was lessened a bit by what transpired in the next one.

Blade&Soul 09
00754000s4f.png
That character development. It has taken her a long time but our emotionless killer fullfiled his master's wishes. She learns how to care about others and find her own place in this cruel world. Surely all road bumps are now behind her and only rose coloured life awaits her ?

user222437_pic71490_12brbb.png

This might be funnier than Deadman Wonderland.

phaze

So i started and finished Akagi in less than a week. I should probably read the manga..

Also, new avatar acquired.

Any Durarara recommendations here, seeing as Season 2 is going on now?

First season was good, even with already weaker last arc. Second season has been poor so far. (Haven't watched last two episodes though.)

Prisma Illya - 10 [Season 1 END]

pPaNuQi.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

This show delivered on all fronts exceptionally. I am so glad I took the time to give this a look. Onwards to the specials, then season two!

SPecials then Oavs then season 2 and if you're still alive , join us in season 3.

John Blade

This episode have a slow pace which isn't really a bad thing here as you got to see Kaoru and Aoi trying to live together in the same roof.

We got more flashback of Kaoru past of when he was young kid. Found out why he hate the Hanabishi family (his grandfather is an asshole I will say) and his mom left him when he was young (bet it's something with the grandfather).

Also, seeing Aoi trying to act like an old fashion woman who believe in the idea of traditional where the woman is to be a servant for her spouse is interesting when you think about it (hey, who here don't mind to have a perfect lady who take care of you and don't question and will try to make you happy?) but very odd in today life. Still, we can always dream. You can notice this in this episode as she clean the home, wash the clothes, cook dinner for Kaoru even though she cook very too early, and also know what food Kaoru used to like to eat.

Also, let's not forget the sexual comedy skits where Kaoru got clinging onto Aoi body and he manage to get squeeze onto Aoi breast, literally squeeze him out of breath for a bit. Lastly, the ending of the episode. I guess, we all wish that happened to us in real life guys and girls? I know I don't.

Overall, good slow pace episode which open a bit up of Karou past and show us how Aoi will do anything to be the perfect wife of Karou.

cajunator

Banned
God Eater - 04

God damn this show has some great background art.

Is it by Studio Pablo?

This episode have a slow pace which isn't really a bad thing here as you got to see Kaoru and Aoi trying to live together in the same roof.

We got more flashback of Kaoru past of when he was young kid. Found out why he hate the Hanabishi family (his grandfather is an asshole I will say) and his mom left him when he was young (bet it's something with the grandfather).

Also, seeing Aoi trying to act like an old fashion woman who believe in the idea of traditional where the woman is to be a servant for her spouse is interesting when you think about it (hey, who here don't mind to have a perfect lady who take care of you and don't question and will try to make you happy?) but very odd in today life. Still, we can always dream. You can notice this in this episode as she clean the home, wash the clothes, cook dinner for Kaoru even though she cook very too early, and also know what food Kaoru used to like to eat.

Also, let's not forget the sexual comedy skits where Kaoru got clinging onto Aoi body and he manage to get squeeze onto Aoi breast, literally squeeze him out of breath for a bit. Lastly, the ending of the episode. I guess, we all wish that happened to us in real life guys and girls? I know I don't.

Overall, good slow pace episode which open a bit up of Karou past and show us how Aoi will do anything to be the perfect wife of Karou.

Aoi is a sweetheart. One of my lingering crushes to this day in anime lol.
she might come across too clingy but really she was just raised to follow Kaoru, although her feelings for him are genuine.
Occasionally this show gets REALLY romantic.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
There's also an OVA!

and yes, Miyu x Illya is the best OTP.

Truth! Though Rin x Luvia is really close!

Just wait until S2.

:O

Lol. Still cant believe you havent watched this yet.

I've been missing out! T_T

You legit are not ready for multiple events in season 2.

Be still... my heart. :OOOOO

SPecials then Oavs then season 2 and if you're still alive , join us in season 3.

I'll try my best to survive.

=======================================

Prisma Illya Specials - 1-5

Very fun, though episode 5 was my favorite. Sella hnnnnnnnnnnng!

Onwards to the OVA~

John Blade

Aoi is a sweetheart. One of my lingering crushes to this day in anime lol.
she might come across too clingy but really she was just raised to follow Kaoru, although her feelings for him are genuine.
Occasionally this show gets REALLY romantic.

I can see why based on what I can gather of Aoi personality this early of the show. I guess we wish we have someone like that in our life.I am watching the next episode so will post my next impression very soon.

Articalys

Nobody asked the most important question at the Discotek panel, which is "how many copies does the 5cm DVD have to sell before we get the BD?"

Classroom Crisis 1-3

I'm loving this show and I didn't think I would at first. I'm also liking mister transfer student's style and the shit the accounting chick said to them. They are honestly a bunch of spoiled kids who were given unlimited money and this spent it stupidly based on what everyone is saying thus far.

God Eater 4

Hard to take you seriously as a strong independent woman who don't need no man when you're wearing both the shortest skirt and the shortest shirt I have ever seen. I'm entertained enough with the action and the lead being all serious like isn't half bad either.

Cinderella Girls 15

I hope this ends with all the idol units
except Love Laika
falling apart and fading out of popularity. Then that new office lady walks in wearing sunglasses, says something like "Should've listened to me when you had the chance you bitches" and leaves the room flipping them all off.

P-kun is putting in work though, I always liked him.

John Blade

Like every romance anime show (or romance comedy show ) you will need some sort of tension which challenge the two main characters and I guess this episode is the tension.

You meet Miyabi Kagurazaki who is a guardian for Aoi since she was a young girl. She manage to found Aoi and where she live after an incident in the bathroom (another sexual tension which start at the end of last episode). Kinda make you wonder how she manage to find Aoi whereabouts hmm.....

Either way, Miyabi was suppose to get her back to her parent and you found out more about her family (Hanabishi) and how big it's. Also, now you found out the complete story of why Kaoru hate the family and what have happened to her mom and why she leave. You kinda feel sorry for him quite a bit of what he have to went through.

In the end, Aoi have to be taken away by Miyabi as they is not reason for her to stay with Kaoru after he told her he won't go back to Hanabishi family. But she manage to escape from her and ask Kaoru for help. He manage to find her and bring her back. From there, you found out she will throw everything away just she she will be with Kaoru and marry him. I guess she is very determined to be with him at all cost.

This is an emotional episode as you found out more about Kaoru sad past and how much Aoi love him to the point she will throw away everything for him. I guess we found out how Miyabi will stop this from going through as this won't going to happened if she is there to stop Aoi and Kaoru.

cajunator

Banned
I can see why based on what I can gather of Aoi personality this early of the show. I guess we wish we have someone like that in our life.I am watching the next episode so will post my next impression very soon.

Yeah she is quite amazing.

D:

Like every romance anime show (or romance comedy show ) you will need some sort of tension which challenge the two main characters and I guess this episode is the tension.

You meet Miyabi Kagurazaki who is a guardian for Aoi since she was a young girl. She manage to found Aoi and where she live after an incident in the bathroom (another sexual tension which start at the end of last episode). Kinda make you wonder how she manage to find Aoi whereabouts hmm.....

Either way, Miyabi was suppose to get her back to her parent and you found out more about her family (Hanabishi) and how big it's. Also, now you found out the complete story of why Kaoru hate the family and what have happened to her mom and why she leave. You kinda feel sorry for him quite a bit of what he have to went through.

In the end, Aoi have to be taken away by Miyabi as they is not reason for her to stay with Kaoru after he told her he won't go back to Hanabishi family. But she manage to escape from her and ask Kaoru for help. He manage to find her and bring her back. From there, you found out she will throw everything away just she she will be with Kaoru and marry him. I guess she is very determined to be with him at all cost.

This is an emotional episode as you found out more about Kaoru sad past and how much Aoi love him to the point she will throw away everything for him. I guess we found out how Miyabi will stop this from going through as this won't going to happened if she is there to stop Aoi and Kaoru.

One thing that aggravated me all the time in Ai yori aoshi was that it would suddenly try to be a harem, throwing more girls at Kaoru, only for them to always fall flat because only Aoi ever had his heart. It was kind of sweet in that respect though. This show had a charm that Love Hina just couldnt muster despite very similar premises (a childhood promise to be together) Naru just sucks. Aoi is a goddess.

Cornbread78

ROKKA EP.4:
Damn, this show is kinda crazy. I really wasn't expecting that twist at the end. The show continues to be a good mix of action, adventure and fun.
The princesses guard is the fake, no doubt about it.

John Blade

One thing that aggravated me all the time in Ai yori aoshi was that it would suddenly try to be a harem, throwing more girls at Kaoru, only for them to always fall flat because only Aoi ever had his heart. It was kind of sweet in that respect though. This show had a charm that Love Hina just couldnt muster despite very similar premises (a childhood promise to be together) Naru just sucks. Aoi is a goddess.

Shh...don't ruin the show for me as this is my 1st time watching it (that's the truth really). Naw, I kinda feel a vibe of some similarity between Love Hina and this show (and also, based on people to watch this show when it 1st air). Kinda the reason why I bought the entire show DVD on the Christmas sale. I do hope it does get better as I continue watching it.

As for Love Hina and how you hated it, I guess Love Hina is quite different than this show. Love Hina is mostly pushing the comedy side quite well and the romance is in the backseat most of the time (which is why the love interested relationship isn't too detail but simple when you think about it). Still, I do have a soft spot for the show as it's kinda one of the few show that I watch after I finish watching Gundam Wing hype in North America. Also, Naru will kick your ass if you tell her that at her face like how she beat the shit out of Keitaro.
tumblr_lmc44jXE0j1qknzmho1_250.gif

I must say Im impressed that yall have really kept under control with all these lewd ass shows lately. thank you.

The people making the most complaints about it are people who probably hoped to see others get banned so they'd have some entertainment in the thread since they aren't all that interested in this season in the first place.

The people making the most complaints about it are people who probably hoped to see others get banned so they'd have some entertainment in the thread since they aren't all that interested in this season in the first place.

What? This makes absolutely no sense. People just don't want to see Figuregaf 2.0 happening to this place just because some wierdo thinks it's normal to post gifs of kissing 13 y/o girls.

Arslan Senki - 16

I know a little bit about elephants , but i'm quite sure that the degree of control needed
in order to swing a sword on top of an horse itself on top of an elephant
is quite demanding/hard/impossible.

And here i thought that daryun was cheated.. i guess someone else took that crown this week !

What? This makes absolutely no sense. People just don't want to see Figuregaf 2.0 happening to this place just because some wierdo thinks it's normal to post gifs of kissing 13 y/o girls.
There's a difference between not wishing a figuregaf 2.0 and just beating a constant drumbeat of "MAN I SURE HAVE NO IDEA HOW WERE GONNA SURVIVE SUMMER GONNA BE A SLAUGHTERHOUSE ROUND HERE!"

The latter has been happening significantly more than the former.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
HAHAtimeforanime.jpg

Shirobako 12

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm older than Aoi? I could be working on anime, guys ;_;

lol anno da best

amazing episode, just a great build up and climax

Tokio of the Moon's Shadow

fucking lol at this dude's design. Not only is he CG but the most ANIME PROTAG ever.

these fucking character designs i'm dying

whjat in the world am i watching

yo that just got brutal

uhh wut

so this monster that murdered all your friends is this cat now and you're cool with it now? lol

This was pretty dumb. Looked good at time, looked awful at others. It couldn't figure out if it was trying to be a wacky comedy, a mecha show, a romance, or just a send up of anime in general. Really weak.

Parasyte 12

lmao reveling your power level, never a good idea

HOLY SHIT what a great build up

so she was
Gwen Stacy, gg scrub.

BRUTAL FIGHT AND YELLING set to calm piano R&B ED song, lol

----
Just one List show tonight so I can end Arjuna and Blood-C simultaneously

Arjuna 12

lol MAGIC BLOOD bit that has nothing to do with the show

IT HAS BEGUN

this shit has gotten dark

but still so lol you dumb modern humans

this is hilarious, the wacky enviro-warrior message taking to the most ridiculous extreme with some really ugly animation

HONK HONK AMAZING HONKS

wow dubbing into other languages, actually well done Arjuna

They really nailed the feel American TV and commercials though hahahahahha

FEED MY ASHES TO THE BIRDS nathanexplosionbrutal.jpg

these dudes has the smuggest, shit eating design

wow this is like Grave of the Firefiles, only like 1000000000x worse.

That rugged wasteland warrior look looks good on you, Tokio.

psychic protections lololololololololololololololololololol

OIL MOTHERFUCKERS yep definitely America

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND JUNA BECAUSE I HAVEN'T EXPLAIN SHIT THE WHOLE SHOW ITS YOUR FAULT

Shimoneta - 04

Woah.
WHAT AN EPISODE.

Anna has the mind of a yandere , the eyes of a yandere , but is still as pure as a yandere , yet is not at the yandere level. i fear to see her level up.

What an episode.

Anna mother is going to have some explaining to do.

phaze

Parasyte 12

lmao reveling your power level, never a good idea

HOLY SHIT what a great build up

so she was
Gwen Stacy, gg scrub.

BRUTAL FIGHT AND YELLING set to calm piano R&B ED song, lol

----
Just one List show tonight so I can end Arjuna and Blood-C simultaneously

I'm surprised you even remember the characters after such long breaks.

Arjuna certainly sounds like a trip.

Steins;Gate 14-15
First Moeka turns out to be a badass evil agent,now Daru very possibly will turn out to be the father.
Dear show, stop exposing how shallow I'm in my judgements and predictions on characters !

Qurupeke

Recently I started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion and I'll finish it in a couple of days. What should I watch next? I think there's an ending movie or something but is there more to it?

There's a difference between not wishing a figuregaf 2.0 and just beating a constant drumbeat of "MAN I SURE HAVE NO IDEA HOW WERE GONNA SURVIVE SUMMER GONNA BE A SLAUGHTERHOUSE ROUND HERE!"

Let's just quote our good friend modbot.

We had warned you to tone it down. You did not, and in fact, had community support to continue. Probably the most disturbing was when the picture in question was posted, some of you didn't even see a problem. If we catch you trying to take over another thread, bans will be long.

Note the bolded.

"Drumbeats" are totally justified.

Anyway, most of the things ("MAN I SURE HAVE NO IDEA HOW WERE GONNA SURVIVE SUMMER GONNA BE A SLAUGHTERHOUSE ROUND HERE!") that you're seeing as "complaints" are mostly people joking, you really shouldn't take it that serious (except for the part that people shouldn't be posting lewds).

Obviously I can get behind the fact that you're tired of seeing the same joke being posted over and over again but attaching wild theories to it like:

I think you're just seeing things.

Recently I started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion and I'll finish it in a couple of days. What should I watch next? I think there's an ending movie or something but is there more to it?

Directors cut of the later episodes > Ep 25 + 26 > End of Evangelion.

cajunator

Banned

I just dont want this community to suffer the same fate.

I'm surprised you even remember the character after such long breaks.

Arjuna certainly sounds like a trip.

Steins;Gate 14-15

First Moeka turns out to be a badass evil agent,now Daru very possibly will turn out to be the father.
Dear show, stop exposing how shallow I'm in my judgements and predictions on characters !

Yes. Watch Arjuna. Please do!

lonely

I'm only about half way through the Psycho Pass movie but its probably the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. Half the movie is in English!

Gintama 218

Hey, this was just the hot pot episode but with crab!

That pretty much went away, it went from "lol season of bans amirite" to "this season is ok"
every season is ok.

Illya Zwei - OAV

3 terminator parodies and one superb ping-pong parody.

That was a damn fine oav.

Shirou is suffering from harem protagonist bad luck, lol

Charlotte - 04

I hope that the twist in ep 6 will shake this anime a bit because i'm seeing a lot of the same patterns and i'm not that happy about it.

it waas alright , it was a little borring , it wsn't really intresting maybe i was expecting a twist , i dunno ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom