• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It wouldn't have, because it was never going to get the AnimeGAF support necessary to win. If Yamato had been ineligible than either Eccentric Family or Flowers of Evil would have gotten that support behind it. There's no conceivable way that Kill la Kill could have ever actually won.

You do know that KLK was the silver medal winner yes?

Kotaku would like to have a word. lol

LkJSnpU.png

Was this written by the same guy who said that SAO was the smartest anime in years?

EDIT: Yep, it was.

You watch Hyouka and Your Lie in April and I will watch all of Jojo!

All of Jojo? Does that include its 48 episode sequel?

Tsk, tsk, tsk N-man.

Who do you think you are, Avdol?

(Now now, no offense, I'm just having some fun. :p)

jman2050

Someone would have to do the math but given how close Eccentric Family was to 2nd place it would have had a good chance of taking the top spot had Yamato been ineligible.

The others were probably too far behind to really contend.

Moonlight

Banned
I do not believe this, Kill la Kill was at the apex of hype at that point and neither of those shows had the backing.
The point being made is that if no one could vote for Yamato, who got first place because of most of the in-thread support, people would have voted for Aku no Hana or Eccentric Family or something instead. The king-makers were never going to vote KLK, at least anywhere significant. The people hyped about KLK voted KLK.

And thus my child that is how AnimeGAF got divided into two threads. Those who like Hyouka IOTI, and those with shit taste that probably liked how Korra ended IOTI

Narag

I do not believe this, Kill la Kill was at the apex of hype at that point and neither of those shows had the backing.

Votes would be miscounted, posts deleted. Whatever it took to keep ti from winning much like how Princess Kaguya had a little help winning itself.

And thus my child that is how AnimeGAF got divided into two threads. Those who like Hyouka IOTI, and those with shit taste that probably liked how Korra ended IOTI

AnimeGAF emperor Branduil predicted this day would come.

Kill la Kill: 517
Eccentric Family: 510

That's it. You really think if Yamato wasn't elligible Eccentric Family wouldn't have picked up 7 more points from people?

Flowers of Evil was also not far behind at 433.

Kill la Kill was not well liked by the people in this thread even then. It could never have won.

Where is Branduil anyways? This thread is missing those really high standards. I mean we have Jexhius at least but if he leaves then burn it down. Burn it all down.

duckroll

Kill la Kill would have been AOTY had Yamato not pulled a route, never forget this.

It really wouldn't have. There were already wheels within wheels and plans within plans set in place. If not Yamato 2199, it would have been something else. Something worthy.

:)

I don't like what you are inferring. I believe in the process

As you well should. We're not cheaters here. There is no vote misrepresentation or anything like that. Real power is in knowing how influence works.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I suppose that is a matter for the Anime GAF elseworlds for the actuality of the situation but history records Kill la Kill coming in second that year. May god have mercy on our souls.

I almost wouldn't mind that.

There are just some films/series where, when seriously hating it, I'm likely to believe your lack of appreciation for good art isn't going to be remedied soon and I may as well ignore you for several years until you've found your way.

Hyouka is one of those.

Now it's a bit hyperbolic but...there's truth in there.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just want to say as the thread maker of that specific AotY, I had no plans to rig the votes and was not aware of any plans. It was all above board with no dodgy business.

The point being made is that if no one could vote for Yamato, who got first place because of most of the in-thread support, people would have voted for Aku no Hana or Eccentric Family or something instead. The king-makers were never going to vote KLK, at least anywhere significant. The people hyped about KLK voted KLK.

All I know is that somebody needs to go to Wikipedia and update the 'Oligarchy' entry to now read

An oligarchy is a society ruled by a small group of people, distinguished by wealth or dominant hegemony. The term dates back to Aristotle, who considered oligarchy to be the corrupted form of aristocracy, and worse than mob rule, but better than tyranny.

No modern country identifies itself as an oligarchy. The term is used by scholars to describe various societies, historical and modern, or thrown around as a pejorative epithet. But the next best thing would be AnimeGAF not allowing the unworthy KLK to win Anime of the year with swift planning and execution that largely involved shit going according to keikaku

Keikaku [Kay'kah'koo]

Roughly translates to plan. A popular japanese saying brought to you by one of the edgiest shows out there

Acosta

It really wouldn't have. There were already wheels within wheels and plans within plans set in place. If not Yamato 2199, it would have been something else. Something worthy.

:)

Be less obvious!

I know nobody would cheat :p

If Yamato wasn't eligible, I think Eccentric Familiy would have been my first option.

But I like Kill la Kill anyway, had a lot of fun with it.

Crocodile

This is what happens when people aren't watching anime, they are sniping at each other calling each others favorite animes shit :(

On a curious note, this just popped up from the Migthy No. 9 update. Seems to be a new project headed up by Comcept and Studio 4C. Not sure if its an anime, a game or transmedia but we should learn more Saturday. Anyone (duckroll?)heard anything about this before?

Ascheroth

Is AnimeGaf always like this? o_O
Because honestly, this "your-favourite-anime-is-shit posting" is pretty embarassing.
Like, can't we just agree there are things like, you know, different tastes and opinions and such?
I mean, I watch anime others think is bad and others watch anime I think is bad. Do I mind it if someone doesn't like what I watch and thinks it's bad? Not a all. But the pointless hate on the last few pages was pretty annoying.

phaze

Reccomendation request: I'm looking for some great (and really great, not just decent or good) mecha title. I've got Patlabor and War in my Pocket on my to do list but was just wondering if i'm missing something worthwhile outside of that.

Requirements: Not longer than 26 episodes, at least above average on the visual side of things, strong main narrative and no or very little of episodic or "monster of the week" content, preferably newer as I have a bit of ingrained dislike of 80's&90's chara design and colours, if possible something on the more serious side of things but I will take what I can get. (My two favourite shows weren't very serious for long stretches after all.)

Stuff I've seen so far:

Loved: Diebuster, Gurren Lagann

Other stuff I've seen: Giant Robo, Big O, bit of GBF, Break Blade, Gunbuster, probably more but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Atrocities that I've seen: Gundam Wing + Movie, Aldnoah Zero, 3/4 eps of Reconguista

Acosta

Because honestly, this "your-favourite-anime-is-shit posting" is pretty embarassing.
Like, can't we just agree there are things like, you know, different tastes and opinions and such?
I mean, I watch anime others think is bad and others watch anime I think is bad. Do I mind it if someone doesn't like what I watch and thinks it's bad? Not a all. But the pointless hate on the last few pages was pretty annoying.

Nah, it´s a very peaceful and kind place. Must be the summer and hot temperatures, but it´s one of the greatest communities in gaf.

No, it's not always like this. Give us a little credit. We can usually go at least two weeks between our five page long arguments about "Hyouka is a masterpiece." "No, it sucks and is boring." back and forth.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

This is just the in-between, at least I hope it is.

Puruzi

Banned

There are only a couple posters that are elitist about anime in here usually.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Reccomendation request: I'm looking for some great (and really great, not just decent or good) mecha title. I've got Patlabor and War in my Pocket on my to do list but was just wondering if i'm missing something worthwhile outside of that.

Requirements: Not longer than 26 episodes, at least above average on the visual side of things, strong main narrative and no or very little of episodic or "monster of the week" content, preferably newer as I have a bit of ingrained dislike of 80's&90's chara design and colours, if possible something on the more serious side of things but I will take what I can get. (My two favourite shows weren't very serious for long stretches after all.)

Stuff I've seen so far:

Other stuff I've seen: Giant Robo, Big O, bit of GBF, Break Blade, Gunbuster, probably more but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Atrocities that I've seen: Gundam Wing + Movie, Aldnoah Zero, 3/4 eps of Reconguista
Go watch Trigun and The Skull Man.

But for Mecha? Code Geass and Armored Trooper Votoms.

Stuff I've seen so far:

Shin Mazinger Z. It's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom