• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 weeks into the season and the two best shows I've seen so far are Gate and Rokka no Yuusha from the new stuff. Ushio & Tora and DBZ Super are fun as well. Prison School is OK for an adaptation but it feels like they're moving at break neck speeds. Robot Girls Z Plus is fun but short. Still need to see Aquarion Logos, God Eater, Gangsta, and Overlord.
Rokka is definitely one of my surprises of the season. It has the makings of a forgettable run of the mill fantasy anime, and the story has been just that. But the main character has been fairly entertaining. I don't know what wha happened in Japan recently but there seems to have been a renaissance of rogue character leads. We had Chaika dude, then Bahamut, now this guy.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm fairly stunned that basically starting on episode 51 of D. Gray Man, it actually got good. Why did they wait 50 episodes to only adapt the manga. Anime only stuff was terrible.

/XX/

Painted pre-production model of Mr. Holmes (from Sherlock Hound) looking good too. I hope they left room for two figures on the automobile...

that makes a dvd only release more palatable. i want to get the lupin specials but it's a hard sell when they're dvd only and they've all been on bluray since 2010 in japan
Yeah that makes sense. I was contemplating getting the Orguss Blu-ray from Japan instead for the same reason, I don't go for DVD's unless its unavoidable like with Robot Carnival and such. As such, sometimes I have to either swallow my pride or empty my wallet :p
On the topic of DVD-only home video releases, it is certainly frustrating the case of Rainbow Fireflies (http://nijiirohotaru.blog118.fc2.com/blog-entry-110.html) in comparison because of not only its recency, as it is a film premiered on 2012 so a Blu-ray Disc release should have definitely been on the cards at the time, but also the featured sheer detail on such a beautifully crafted work and consequently never having the opportunity of been properly appreciated in a higher definition (as of today, maybe in the future... who knows).

Hellraider

Hi everyone. I lost a watchbet and watching Chaos Head now. I'm 4 episodes in and it looks like it's worst anime I've ever watched. I'm planing to avenge myself after this but I can't think about any really terrible anime... Can you help me with it?

Your friend is a terrible person. The first ~3 episodes were a lot better than the rest...

One of the worst recent things I have watched was Terra Formars. It's a risky suggestion for what you want, though, since depending on your attitude while watching it you could even get some dumb fun out of it.

Prisma Illya Zwei Herz - 01

Feeling so conflicted right now. On one hand, I'm happy with getting yuri so early in this installment. On the other,
I cannot stand HOW THEY'RE MAKING EVERYONE FALL FOR SHIROU. Illya fine... Chloe, sure since she's just a double of Illya anyway, Miyu... NO! NONONONONO! She belongs to Illya and Illya alone (with a dash of Chloe on the side). Is the prerequisite for creating a female character tied to the Fate series is to have them ultimately fall for this worthless piece of shit? Fuck you Shirou and the people who made you.

I'm going to bed. T_T
I'm not even surprised that you dislike how shirou is inserted into the character relationships.
If it helps , shirou is much closer to rin/luvia than he will ever be to ilya/miyu/kuro ..he does get teased a lot at home ( 1 vs 6 ) but that's just the remnants of his harem character setting from the normal fate multiverse.
Regardless of how they like shirou ,the fact is that he will NEVER be intrested in the main 3 girls so i'm fine with him being teased a lot and stuck in the bath with luvia butler.
Ps: they aren't going to end with him btw

Rokka speculation
I didn't think about it until now. But now... it seems pretty easy to guess.
It can't be any of the new characters because... why would be the point? "oh noes this guy which was presented five minutes ago is the traitor!". The public wouldn't care, having a traitor is only an impact if the traitor is one of the known characters by the public. The three characters with more screen time are the MC, bunny princess and Fremy. I don't think it's Fremy because several characters already think she is a enemy already, there would be no twist ala "oh no she is bad!". The MC is the mc, the story follows him and he is a very straightforward guy. So we are left with the bunny Princess. But apart from this deduction by elimination, I can't remember anything that makes me think ill of her, so maybe I'm wrong.
But I'm interested in what means being "a traitor". Are they human or demon? Is a magic curse? Are they even concious that they are the traitor?

Traitor means "isn't a brave", i suppose that it means that they are working with the demons or that they have a reason to not wanting the braves to suceed.

Everyone considers the first 4 characters but i'm more worried by the fact
that the woman that was besides the temple turned out to be a demon, if demons can take human appearances , then anything's possible really.

Szadek

God Eater Ep. 03
I can't stand this shit anymore.
Stupid story, dull,lifeless characters and the action isn't that great either.
Dropped.

Charlotte Ep. 04
The episode was alright,but the forumla is getting boring by now.
Hopefully they will do something more interesting soon.

Shimoneta Ep. 04
ssevGzo.jpg
This episode was something else.Really good stuff.

Revolutionary Girl Utena Ep. 01
This is an anime I really wanted to look for some time now
From the few things I heard about it, I think that show has a good chance of being one of my favorites.

Anyway, fairly intersting first episode and I really liked the music,too.
Let's see what else the anime has to offer...

Lastly Fairy Tail Ep 01-03
My girlfriend pretty much forced me to watch this show,because she really likes this anime.
Anyway, it's alright so far. Can't say that I'm too impressed.
Is it worth watching fruther?

Allaur

Thank you everyone for this kind of "recomedations")

I think I'm gonna choose Dragonauts (looks like a really bad show - just like what I need and there is even 25 episodes of suffering).

I recalled Corvo making a RahXephon review when I was just in middle of watching this and kept a bookmark. So I've read that now.

Heh can't say I really disagree with anything. Since I'm not too into mechas I didn't want to act like this is a major rip-off just for people to tell me that plenty other mechas are just like that and it's normal.

Not quite sure I get the incest remarks though as Haruka doesn't actually share a bloodline with Ayato. Guess it was meant in regards to the kind of relationship where Haruka is sort of his guardian now similarly to Shinji/Misato. Still, seems kind of a stretch.

Cornbread78

Lovely Complex ep. 12-END:
This is a true classic RomCom from start to finish. The story doesn't pull too strongly towards to romance or comedy, and the drama is minor, so it ends up being a great balance of everything. The relationship developement between the MC and heroine was entertaining until the very end as they both learned to make the transition from friends to "lovers." One of the cutest moments of the whole show is the below.

Overall, it was a well balanced and funny romcom that makes you feel good after watching an episode.

Squalor

Rokka speculation
I didn't think about it until now. But now... it seems pretty easy to guess.
It can't be any of the new characters because... why would be the point? "oh noes this guy which was presented five minutes ago is the traitor!". The public wouldn't care, having a traitor is only an impact if the traitor is one of the known characters by the public. The three characters with more screen time are the MC, bunny princess and Fremy. I don't think it's Fremy because several characters already think she is a enemy already, there would be no twist ala "oh no she is bad!". The MC is the mc, the story follows him and he is a very straightforward guy. So we are left with the bunny Princess. But apart from this deduction by elimination, I can't remember anything that makes me think ill of her, so maybe I'm wrong.
But I'm interested in what means being "a traitor". Are they human or demon? Is a magic curse? Are they even concious that they are the traitor?
Well, there's the scene when the Demon God's presence lights the sky red, and Nashetania is just standing there on the ledge looking directly toward the source. She's in silhouette, then turns toward the camera.

Adlet is the only character we see receive his mark. I was thinking it could have been Goldov because he wanted to make sure he was by the princess's side to protect her.

Lovely Complex ep. 12-END:

This is a true classic RomCom from start to finish. The story doesn't pull too strongly towards to romance or comedy, and the drama is minor, so it ends up being a great balance of everything. The relationship developement between the MC and heroine was entertaining until the very end as they both learned to make the transition from friends to "lovers." One of the cutest moments of the whole show is the below.

Overall, it was a well balanced and funny romcom that makes you feel good after watching an episode.

Been meaning to watch this for a long time and always forget. I should give this one a go.

Gbraga

EDIT: About Psycho Pass, should I watch S02 (haven't even watched the first) or is it a Ryuusei no Gemini case where I'm better off ignoring it?

I watched the first three episodes of God Eater, and it was surprisingly cool. Made me want to watch the studio's best works soon, there must be some nice battle animation there.

Also made me really want a Panopticon anime, that could be actually very good, instead of a fun Shingeki no Kyojin ripoff.

The art style is also much better than what I anticipated from screenshots, it looks great.

And this week's episode of Durarara was probably the best of X2, Shizuo is so cute. <3

God Eater Ep. 03
I can't stand this shit anymore.
Stupid story, dull,lifeless characters and the action isn't that great either.
Dropped.

Hmm, I actually agree with you, but I really enjoy the monster design and its variation, is it straight from the game? That's some pretty clever enemy design that makes for very interesting fights.

I watched the first three episodes of God Eater, and it was surprisingly cool. Made me want to watch the studio's best works soon, there must be some nice battle animation there.

Also made me really want a Panopticon anime, that could be actually very good, instead of a fun Shingeki no Kyojin ripoff.

The art style is also much better than what I anticipated from screenshots, it looks great.

And this week's episode of Durarara was probably the best of X2, Shizuo is so cute. <3

Hmm, I actually agree with you, but I really enjoy the monster design and its variation, is it straight from the game? That's some pretty clever enemy design that makes for very interesting fights.

Heh, funny me and Aqua were saying the same thing not too long ago. That game could be a pretty dope show if done well.

As for your last question, yeah all of those are in the game, including that very last beast you saw (Ouroboros), although in the show they made him a bit bigger for more impact I guess aha. He's still a big Aragami in the games:

latest

latest

Blurry PSP screenshot for size comparison

Gbraga

Heh, funny me and Aqua were saying the same thing not too long ago. That game could be a pretty dope show if done well.

As for your last question, yeah all of those are in the game, including that very last beast you saw (Ouroboros), although in the show they made him a bit bigger for more impact I guess aha. He's still a big Aragami in the games:

Right? Everything about Panopticon's premise screams ANIME, it would work really well.

And I looked up some screenshots of Ouroboros in the game now, it looks so cool. PS4 version when

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Thank you everyone for this kind of "recomedations")

I think I'm gonna choose Dragonauts (looks like a really bad show - just like what I need and there is even 25 episodes of suffering).

Enjoy your friend suffering :)
Honestly, production wise, it's okay (except cg dragon) but my god the characterization and PLOT...

Cinderella girls 15

I think we found admiral woofington fav. idol. Girl sure love her "pun"
Giving her fans a paper fan...
P-kun, the guardian of smile (lol)

Gate 4

Not much happening in this episode other than setting up refugee camp and hint of Chuka mental health condition.

And I looked up some screenshots of Ouroboros in the game now, it looks so cool. PS4 version when
Been waiting for a few years now for the second game lol... Here's hoping that with Resurrection they do a reboot of the series here, and bring that first using the script from the old GE Burst, then bring over GE2RB. They would be putting it out in the wrong release order, but it's make sense since a lot of folks never played the first game.

Gbraga

Been waiting for a few years now for the second game lol... Here's hoping that with Resurrection they do a reboot of the series here, and bring that first using the script from the old GE Burst, then bring over GE2RB. They would be putting it out in the wrong release order, but it's make sense since a lot of folks never played the first game.

Myself included, I've been interested in the series ever since the first announcement, but never really played any of the games. I don't even know if any of them were localized >_>

Myself included, I've been interested in the series ever since the first announcement, but never really played any of the games. I don't even know if any of them were localized >_>
God Eater Burst, came to the west and was named Gods Eater Burst instead because of trademarking issues (you see the s on the subtitles too, but every time the characters speak, it is ommited lol) it is playable on the PSP and Vita, the latter being the best platform to play it on due to being able to use the right analog stick to control the camera. It was been a PS Plus offering last year, so that plus a trademark in EU, amongst other little nuggets of info all point at the games coming over again someday. When? I do not know.

kewlmyc

EDIT: About Psycho Pass, should I watch S02 (haven't even watched the first) or is it a Ryuusei no Gemini case where I'm better off ignoring it?

I would give it a watch. It's nowhere as good as S1, but it explains Mika's role in the movie and it'll most likely be necessary to watch it if the do plan on making a 2nd movie or 3rd season.

cajunator

Banned
Symphogear GX - 02

Oh god yes that Chris suit up (sound warning). I love how even one of the villain has embraced the faith of upside down spinning! I became pretty hyped when Genjuurou said he wanted to enter the battle, but alas I was left with disappointment.
The car slicing scene with the boobs jiggling made me think of that HOTD matrix one. Some fun action in this, pretty excited to see where this goes. Who shat in the little witchs cereal, she mad as hell.

Chris a cutie. Definitely watching Symphogear when I have time.
Love the transformations too!

Just realize I finish the 1st disc for the show just now. Might need to slow down a bit during the week to like this show even more.

This episode is touching a bit. It's mostly for Taeko Minazuki character development like the previous episode for Tina Foster. We found out she got fired from her job and we found out she is a housekeeper. Kinda odd as she was in school and she want to be a housekeeper as the main job of her life.
Well, Miyabi heard about it and give her a chance to proof if she is good to be a housekeeper for the Manson. Well, it didn't started great and reach to the point Miyabi fired her early (kinda make sense as she is clumsy like I say in the past impression) . This doesn't stop Aoi to found out more about Taeko and you found out a bit of her past life of why she want to be a housekeeper. Well, she proof herself at the end and she got the job and also a place to stay.

Got to say, liking Taeko a bit more now I know more of her a bit here. Do hope they develop more of her character during the show as she is a nice character as of now. Also, more ecchi stuff here and there in this episode and you have a scene where Aoi and Kaoru are together alone for a bit.

For now, I am liking this show a bit in the early phase and do hope it get better along the way. The comedy part is fine but not really into the ecchi stuff which they throw around a bit. Hope they is more romance part as I want to see it more develop with Aoi and Kaoru.

Now youre starting to see what I warned you about. It doesnt really know what kind of show it wants to be. but when it explores those little romantic moments between Aoi and Kaoru its SO GOOD.
At least the side characters arent terrible.

A couple more:

Rokka - EP4
I still don't like the plot, and the fiends being conspicuous CGI characters looks really off for me. Then there's the goold old "spy in our midst!" trope... One thing that sounds like a plot hole there is that all they'd need to know who the impostor is is to merely walk into the demon king's land, since the lore has already established that anyone who isn't a brave would weaken and die by merely standing on the demon's territory. Or did I get something wrong?

Punch Line - EP2
I tried watching the second episode. I really tried. However, the show still hasn't managed to hook me in at all unlike the way Shokugeki no Soma managed to get me interested in watching it after I managed to watch further than the first episode.

School Days
Randomly decided to watch this with some prior knowledge of the general plot (which included the Nice Boat) and boy, did this show still manage to surprise me. Makoto's modus operandi of hanging out with whichever girl opposed the least resistance to having sex with him was downright awful, so I wasn't entirely horrified with the way things ended up for him, even if you could possibly blame his fixation on sex from being just a teenager and Sekai/Kotonoha becoming downright deranged as the show progressed. Even on his first date with Kotonoha you could tell he only wanted to bang her, and the way he quickly hit it off with Sekai after Kotonoha got flustered by his pushiness was a really low blow. Then he got tired of the Sekai/Kotonoha drama and decided to bang just about anybody else he could find (including Sekai's best friend) until things escalated enough to go past the point of no return.

It was very vexing to see the whole cast acting in an incredibly selfish, irresponsible and hypocritical way whenever things really mattered. Makoto's inability to sever ties with any of the girls was awful, because it seemed like he was always trying to keep them as a back-up option in case the other girls got too annoying for him. Then there's the hypocritical double plot-line of Sekai's friend rooting for her even though she was also in love with Makoto, and Sekai doing exactly the same thing for Kotonoha as well, only for their selfishness/honesty to take over as they finally fall for Makoto in spite of him supposedly being in a relationship with the girl they had initially helped win him over.

After reading a bit more about the series on TVTropes, it looks like the anime adaptation left out several tidbits that expanded upon the characters and their motivations a bit more, which is a shame because many of the secondary characters and situations did feel somewhat flat. The pacing was somewhat slow, and I think I only kept on watching because I knew there'd be a tone shift as the cast's relationships got more and more complicated. I'm not entirely sure if I'd have bothered watching the whole thing if it weren't for the prior knowledge I had regarding it.

You watched School Days on a whim? that must have been quite the experience!

For the Kiniro Mosaic fans, I just came across a short segment in a show presented by Luke Nguyen where he visits Fosse House. They made a point of bringing up the anime, although they didn't really explain what it was beyond the initial premise of the first episode. lol
wnbvgRPl.png

wsmnkyzl.png

YP69AiAl.png

CjhWqEll.png

This is all old news, but it was kind of neat to see the House in video form. The fact that it's a cooking show meant that they spent some time making something called "Lardy Cake" and scones as well, which they definitely used as inspiration of Alice's mom.

The amusing thing was that there was a Japanese girl who basically liked Kiniro Mosaic so much that she just started staying there:
CcCZ6Bel.png

I guess it's the direct opposite of being a weeaboo. lol

Oh god that house looks so comfy, just like the show.
KinMoza is so lovable and squishy I want to hug it forever.

fertygo

I would give it a watch. It's nowhere as good as S1, but it explains Mika's role in the movie and it'll most likely be necessary to watch it if the do plan on making a 2nd movie or 3rd season.

Yup like it or not (I love it :p) S2 ending setting up the logical and inevitably scenario for further season/movie.

Gbraga

God Eater Burst, came to the west and was named Gods Eater Burst instead because of trademarking issues (you see the s on the subtitles too, but every time the characters speak, it is ommited lol) it is playable on the PSP and Vita, the latter being the best platform to play it on due to being able to use the right analog stick to control the camera. It was been a PS Plus offering last year, so that plus a trademark in EU, amongst other little nuggets of info all point at the games coming over again someday. When? I do not know.
Oh really? If it was on PS Plus I probably have it already. Interesting, I'll give it a shot on Vita then.

Will do, thanks!

BluWacky

On the topic of DVD-only home video releases, it is certainly frustrating the case of Rainbow Fireflies (http://nijiirohotaru.blog118.fc2.com/blog-entry-110.html) in comparison because of not only its recency, as it is a film premiered on 2012 so a Blu-ray Disc release should have definitely been on the cards at the time, but also the featured sheer detail on such a beautifully crafted work and consequently never having the opportunity of been properly appreciated in a higher definition (as of today, maybe in the future... who knows).

This is something I don't understand either. Perhaps it was to do with costs; I don't think it will have sold very well anyway, so perhaps Toei didn't think it was worth producing a Bluray version? With that said, I would have thought that would have sold better anyway; the film's main appeal was to animation fans rather than the general public, since so few people would have seen it anyway.

The DVD release looked pretty good, but I do wonder what it would have looked like on Bluray.

phaze

Steins;Gate 16
All aboard the sadness train. A gut punch combo
that started out with the revelation that Suzuha can only ever go back in time, followed by learning about and reuniting with her father (goddamn Daru even in such a moment couldn't stop himself from being a perv), and ended with the finishing move, the failure of her mission and her subsequent fate
0k4tkrd6ilni.png
Shout outs to the music as it was stellar in this episode. But hey, it all worked out in the end, happy ending was achieved,
Mayuri was saved
and surely the remaining episodes will only be spend on slice off life fluff about mad scientist and his fellow lab members right ?

Right ?

Oh really? If it was on PS Plus I probably have it already. Interesting, I'll give it a shot on Vita then.

It'll be interesting, you will see how many similarities the show has with the game, but for the most part Ufotable is doing a thing if their own. Arguably better than the game lol

cajunator

Banned
Shinometa 4
Well that was certainly extraordinary. Even the reactions in the thread did not quite prepare me for that scene.

On an aside, seeing SDburton's reactions to Prism Illya is just bliss

Lol yeah its always fun vicariously reliving a series through someone else.

all these people watching trashy shows, nobody watching actually good shows like Working

Except all the people who are watching it...which are many

I think that you saw clearly that she intend to take responsability for her mistake , even if she doesn't show it much. ..i guess that's how she is in this universe.

Maybe you should pay attention to the people actually giving their impressions of working.in this very thread.

Have you ?

woow, you're burning throught those eps , Sdburton.. were you that thirsty ?

Well Ilya is a pretty easy show to marathon. It has interesting pacing and is pretty good for a mahou shoujo.
For me anyway, cute things are pretty easy to watch.

Soma-16

I have no clue how Soma is ever going to beat his dad. Dude just has too much experience.

Like any apprentice beating his master, it comes down to acquiring enough experience yourself, then having the drive to beat them. SOma is very driven and determined. Once he takes on some of the elites, he will have the knowledge necessary to toe with his father.

Cornbread78

Adlet is the only character we see receive his mark. I was thinking it could have been Goldov because he wanted to make sure he was by the princess's side to protect her.

This was my guess as well. He is an imposter for that very reason. He heard Adlet ran off with teh princess, so he got jeleous and ran off to be with her and to take out A

Been meaning to watch this for a long time and always forget. I should give this one a go.

yeah, it's a safe watch.

JulianImp

You watched School Days on a whim? that must have been quite the experience!

It sure was, but in a weird way. It was like the whole cast picked up the idiot ball and ran with it for the whole show, with the possible excuse that they just didn't know better due to being teens... but man, the only reason things had to end on a Nice Boat is because everybody was constantly being a selfish jerk with no regards for even their best friends or the people they were supposedly in love with.

After what happened with Kotonoha I was expecting her to invite the other girls to her Nice Boat, but then I was surprised when the one that actually snapped was Sekai. Kotonoha's reunion with Makoto gave me some real Higurashi vibes... but then all it took for Makoto to defuse her deranged, creepy self was to go back to being with her. I still expected her to be overly protective of Makoto, but somehow that never ended up happening (I guess it was because none of the other girls around him would even consider going back to him after what happened with Sekai).

Seriously, fuck Makoto.
Edit: Wait, that could be read the wrong way... heh.

This was my guess as well. He is an imposter for that very reason. He heard Adlet ran off with teh princess, so he got jeleous and ran off to be with her and to take out A

Again, wouldn't a non-brave human die if they walked into the demon king's land? If anything, that means the traitor would have to be some kind of demon shapeshifter, much like the priestess who was secretly an ugly CGI abomination.

Rogue protagonists are okay, but this show still has nothing on Slayers. The cool mesoamerican setting appears to be wasted so far, and the CGI monsters mean that fights against them are downright awful to watch, sadly.

Protagonists that rely on their brains and fighting dirty with lots of tricks can be fun, but they also lend themselves pretty well to ass-pulls because the writers can always have them pull off new gadgets as the plot demands.

Again, wouldn't a non-brave human die if they walked into the demon king's land? If anything, that means the traitor would have to be some kind of demon shapeshifter, much like the priestess who was secretly an ugly CGI abomination.

Rogue protagonists are okay, but this show still has nothing on Slayers. The cool mesoamerican setting appears to be wasted so far, and the CGI monsters mean that fights against them are downright awful to watch, sadly.

Protagonists that rely on their brains and fighting dirty with lots of tricks can be fun, but they also lend themselves pretty well to ass-pulls because the writers can always have them pull off new gadgets as the plot demands.

Ass-pulls are fun though, look at JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, only downside is that there aren't going to be any human opponents to fight, just CGI.

As for the traitor, it's either going to be someone who is secretly a demon or someone who wants to use the demon gods power for himself.

Steins;Gate 16

All aboard the sadness train. A gut punch combo
that started out with the revelation that Suzuha can only ever go back in time, followed by learning about and reuniting with her father (goddamn Daru even in such a moment couldn't stop himself from being a perv), and ended with the finishing move, the failure of her mission and her subsequent fate
0k4tkrd6ilni.png
Shout outs to the music as it was stellar in this episode. But hey, it all worked out in the end, happy ending was achieved,
Mayuri was saved
and surely the remaining episodes will only be spend on slice off life fluff about mad scientist and his fellow lab members right ?

Right ?
Deep down , you already know the answer ...
that train ride is not over

JulianImp

Ass-pulls are fun though, look at JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, only downside is that there aren't going to be any human opponents to fight, just CGI.

As for the traitor, it's either going to be someone who is secretly a demon or someone who wants to use the demon gods power for himself.

Yeah, Joseph was a fun character to watch, but he tended to rely on improvising with whatever he had in hand rather than carrying lots of tools with himself to be prepared for any situations that might come up. The other issue is that the rest of the cast seems a bit too simple and generic for my taste, with not even an inkling of the mesoamerican influences they used only for the sake of aesthetics (and even then it doesn't include the main cast's).

Maybe the show could introduce several humanoid opponents that aren't CGI. I get that it's for the sake of keeping production costs low, but that kind of cheap CGI doesn't work at all for close-ups and battle scenes. I wouldn't mind crowds of 3D fiends, but something about their animations and the way they (don't) mix with the rest of the art feels really off and makes their scenes awfully uninteresting.

Yeah, Joseph was a fun character to watch, but he tended to rely on improvising with whatever he had in hand rather than carrying lots of tools with himself to be prepared for any situations that might come up. The other issue is that the rest of the cast seems a bit too simple and generic for my taste, with not even an inkling of the mesoamerican influences they used only for the sake of aesthetics (and even then it doesn't include the main cast's).

Maybe the show could introduce several humanoid opponents that aren't CGI. I get that it's for the sake of keeping production costs low, but that kind of cheap CGI doesn't work at all for close-ups and battle scenes. I wouldn't mind crowds of 3D fiends, but something about their animations and the way they (don't) mix with the rest of the art feels really off and makes their scenes awfully uninteresting.

It's a shame, lots of lost potential I guess.

Episode 1 is probably going to end up as the peak of this series since there was an actual good fight in that one. I'm also not really confident that the mystery is going to deliver in the end.

OceanBlue

It's a shame, lots of lost potential I guess.

Episode 1 is probably going to end up as the peak of this series since there was an actual good fight in that one. I'm also not really confident that the mystery is going to deliver in the end.

Rokka no Yuusha is at least 6 novels in and we aren't even halfway through the first one, so I imagine that there's either going to be no real resolution or an anime-original ending.

Cornbread78

Working S1, ep. 1-3:
tumblr_msrak1nA2A1qlkhs8o1_500.png

OK, this one was on my menu to start this week and my goodness the first three episodes are pretty damn funny. Inami a beast of a girl, lol. I couldn't find a good gif of it, but I'll be damned she has a great right hook! All of the characters are unique and fun so far, so let's see where this one goes. Funny stuff for sure...

Working S1, ep. 1-3:

OK, this one was on my menu to start this week and my goodness the first three episodes are pretty damn funny. Inami a beast of a girl, lol. I couldn't find a good gif of it, but I'll be damned she has a great right hook! All of the characters are unique and fun so far, so let's see where this one goes. Funny stuff for sure...

Man if you're already liking the first episodes you're in the zone, I was considering to drop it after the first few episodes because Takanashi and Inami suck but after more characters were introduced I started to like it more and more. Now it's one of the shows I'm looking forward to the most each week.

Rokka no Yuusha is at least 6 novels in and we aren't even halfway through the first one, so I imagine that there's either going to be no real resolution or an anime-original ending.

Dang...

God Eaters 3

You know, i would love to play Just Cause + God eaters cross over.
Other than Alisa gliding scene that looks really akward, it's an okay episode. Some cool scene here and there.

Yeah, it looked really stupid when she was falling back on the plane, I guess it's because the plane is moving while she's freefalling or something.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Oh man, seeing the design, i couldn't help thinking the instruction given to him is "the stronger the dragon, the bigger the tits"

God Eaters 3

You know, i would love to play Just Cause + God eaters cross over.
Other than Alisa gliding scene that looks really akward, it's an okay episode. Some cool scene here and there.

Cornbread78

Man if you're already liking the first episodes you're in the zone, I was considering to drop it after the first few episodes because Takanashi and Inami suck but after more characters were introduced I started to like it more and more. Now it's one of the shows I'm looking forward to the most each week.

LOL, sounds promising. I like the varience in characters more than anything. None of their traits are super cliche' IMO either, so it keeps it interesting.

Working S1, ep. 1-3:

Heh good stuff you started it just like I said. Again make sure you sneak another show in as you marathon through this, there's a ton of episodes and like I said before, because the setting is the same it might get a bit repetitive. Other than that, the characters are what make this show awesome. They are all so weird in their own way. Wait until you meet Takanashi's sisters. There's a bunch of episodes dedicated to them.

Cornbread78

Heh good stuff you started it just like I said. Again make sure you sneak another show in as you marathon through this, there's a ton of episodes and like I said before, because the setting is the same it might get a bit repetitive. Other than that, the characters are what make this show awesome. They are all so weird in their own way. Wait until you meet Takanashi's sisters. There's a bunch of episodes dedicated to them.

Just met drunk Nee-San. Oh wait, yet another one just fell out of the closet..

Oh wait, now the lawyer.. Oops, now the younger sister.

Just met drunk Nee-San. Oh wait, yet another one just fell out of the closet..

Oh wait, now the lawyer.. Oops, now the younger sister.

3 wild sisters appear! Lol you will see a lot of the drunk one. The lawyer and the closet girl not so much. Now the younger sister is interesting because you will see her grow and how much that affects Takanashi ahaha.

God Eater's art is just BEAUTIFUL! Whats wrong with people :(

I think people like the art in general but hate the story. On other forums people just seem to hate it because it's beibg done by Ufo.

Squalor

God Eater's story isn't even "bad." It's just not new. I'll take a mature, action-packed, beautifully animated anime with a color-by-numbers plot over the abortion that is something like Charlotte any day.

I like how people are already trying to be down on Rokka just because of some thus-far-imaginary "ass-pull."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom