• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
The drama is just skipping straight to the Washizu match, eh? Maybe it'll come up with an original ending.

Oh, and people just had to wait a month for Madoka's final two episodes.

Nice

Yeah, that made me interested

Yes it skips right to Washizu. From what I understand a lot of the manga is told after the match is over and Akagi is older, looks like it might have some of that since the first scene is some kid chipping at Akagi's gravestone which is like a shrine for gamblers to pray at.

It's ok. Might keep watching while doing something else though.

fertygo

Yes it skips right to Washizu. From what I understand a lot of the manga is told after the match is over, looks like it might have some of that since the first scene is some kid chipping at Akagi's gravestone which is like a shrine for gamblers to pray at.

Fuck that remind me its a crime Ten never got an adaptation, its had one of strongest scene that I ever seen..

Based Fukumoto

Oh my fucking god.

Caught up with anime version of Ore Monogatari. Yamato's friends absolutely steal the show (I mean besides Takeo who is amazing). They made me giggle with their support for her and the way they worry about her haha.

fertygo

I kind of want to read Akagi because I'm curious how a single night of mahjong can be stretched out for a decade

I think the translation not catching up tho

You should read Ten instead, its have first appearance of Akagi as character before he got his own spinoff and , he eventually hijack the manga ala Kira Yamato at Seed Destiny because his popularity and telling his later life stories (the epilogue of his story basically)

Sterok

Go Princess Precure 25

Can Towa save Minami from the pits of mediocrity? Try harder next time. I guess they're hitting Haruka's home because that's the only one they haven't been to. They even got to Towa's first. Minami learns stuff. Towa admits she's scared of the night, which was a nice bit. Shut has surprisingly become the best villain. Having that personal relationship really helped. I hope he lives.

So in my latest installment of trying to figure out why I can't seem to care about Minami, I look at things beyond her character. Is it just me, or does her seiyuu have absolutely no charisma? It's got energy/fear/whatever is needed, but everything sounds bland coming from her mouth.

wonzo

Banned
wooser s3 1-4

woosers32.jpg

replace the op with just this pic tia

Makikou

God Eater 3

Fuck this is the best feeling. So many baddass, action packed scenes in this. Alisa delivered. When Lenka learned how to use his weapon, that too was awesome. This scene wasn't in the game at all, so that very last part actually left me with my mouth wide open lol. Not going to post screenshots since tons of others have done it already, but there's many memorable shots in each episode, it's awesome.

So my question is the same as before since no one was able to answer, are we gonna have to wait for 2 or 3 weeks for the next episode? And what does this mean for the show, that we will be getting less than a cour's worth of episodes, or will we keep getting this in batches, 1-cour of length spread out through 2-cours with breaks of 2-3 weeks in between?

Ugh last post, not gonna get an answer again lol.

Wow, someone actually likes it like i do. These threads always make me feel like trash for enjoying all the anime that seem mainstream or smh. x)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 16

Huh, I guess the Karaage arc is just being shown in a different order. I wonder why?

Jintor

Non Non Biyori Repeat 04

it's a testament to this show's direction that I felt somewhat emotional over renge's mourning period. proof you don't need high stakes to get viewers to care

the teru teru bouzu section was pretty amazing

wonzo

Banned
prison school 3

prisonschool3.jpg

honestly this is elevating the really rough early stuff to heights i never thought possible. mizushima da gawd

cajunator

Banned
also, ren-chan is a pretty god tier artist for being, like... hmmm... 6?

I was thinking that as well. At 6, I was actually drawing legibly, but still very rudimentary. I used to draw cars and monster trucks though. Nothing as well drawn as Ren-chons art.

John Blade

Another okay episode. This time it's more target to Tina and you see a little development of her character here (mostly a flashback of her past when she was little). Also, you have a development between her and Kaoru of when they met for the 1st time and how Kaoru was lonely type person when she meet him. I guess they is some sympathy feeling that Tina have with Kaoru. Might be interesting where this might take us......if we can get away from this type of filler episode.

Nothing to say about the story. Aoi and Miyabi have to leave for something important and Taeko have to go somewhere for the photography club event. Basically leaving Kaoru and Tina alone. Also found out Tina didn't like the dark after the home loose power from the storm.

Also, Tina like Aoi like to grab onto something when they're sleeping. Bring out the sexual comedy to make the scene funny.

Like I say, another filler episode which might be fun to watch but have little character development between Aoi and Kaoru.

wonzo

Banned
Umaru 3

umaru3.jpg

duckroll & narag at the daily mobage meeting

Great episode. This show def. does need more of Umaru's kind and caring side to come out more often, hopefully that'll be the case now with all her friends introduced.

John Blade

Just realize this as I am watching this episode but isn't Aoi suppose to go to school to further in her educational? It look weird that everyone is going to college to study but only her is staying home and take care of the place. Man....she is literally following the old traditional of what a woman suppose to be in this show. Kinda sad as she shouldn't be stop to go to school at that young age. Just a bit of 1 cent in this show.

For this episode, it's mostly focus toward Aoi and Kaoru which is something I like to watch in this show to tell the turth. You see Aoi sweetness coming out from this episode and how she want to know Kaoru hidden part of his life which is basically when he go to school. She basically, go all of her way to go to his university with a food for him to try out even though this is the 1st time going to the university (and you see that based on how lost she was).

Still, they manage to meet up and do have some good time in school with Kaoru giving Aoi a tour of the place. It's nice to see Aoi and Kaoru been alone and talking to each other without any side stuff you get from the other character in the show. Hope it does more of this in the later episode.

A side note: love Aoi funny emotion when she try to clean Kaoru bed and basically sleep on it as she want to smell Kaoru that was on it. Love the scene.

Quasar

Just realize this as I am watching this episode but isn't Aoi suppose to go to school to further in her educational? It look weird that everyone is going to college to study but only her is staying home and take care of the place. Man....she is literally following the old traditional of what a woman suppose to be in this show. Kinda sad as she shouldn't be stop to go to school at that young age. Just a bit of 1 cent in this show.

For this episode, it's mostly focus toward Aoi and Kaoru which is something I like to watch in this show to tell the turth.

That's pretty much the crux of my mixed feelings about the show. I came in hoping it was mostly the story of that couple like we got at the start, but with the group house/club dynamic that got diluted much of the time. Not that I disliked that aspect, I just felt the balance was a little off for me.

I will say I found it worth picking up the manga afterwards.

cajunator

Banned

For this episode, it's mostly focus toward Aoi and Kaoru which is something I like to watch in this show to tell the turth. You see Aoi sweetness coming out from this episode and how she want to know Kaoru hidden part of his life which is basically when he go to school. She basically, go all of her way to go to his university with a food for him to try out even though this is the 1st time going to the university (and you see that based on how lost she was).

Still, they manage to meet up and do have some good time in school with Kaoru giving Aoi a tour of the place. It's nice to see Aoi and Kaoru been alone and talking to each other without any side stuff you get from the other character in the show. Hope it does more of this in the later episode.

A side note: love Aoi funny emotion when she try to clean Kaoru bed and basically sleep on it as she want to smell Kaoru that was on it. Love the scene.

At one pont Aoi goes full on catgirl. I think thats one of my favorite parts lol.

John Blade

Holy shit....the broken engrish between Tina and Mayu conversion is so bad to watch. Love how they say Mayu have went to England to study and hearing her try to speak engrish for the 1st time is so weird and bad. Also, Tina is an American but she have the worst engrish speaking discussion with Mayu. Even weird, the subtitle when they're talking didn't match which make it even funny to watch.

Now, this episode is where we 1st meet Mayu and somehow Kaoru and her know each other when they're a young kid. My impression with Mayu from this episode is she is a stubborn little girl but have a nice heart if you know more about her as you see when she saw Kaoru for the 1st time. Kinda feel sad when she was telling her story of the squirrels and Kaoru wanted to leave after dinner. It look like she doesn't want to be alone and you notice this based on what you gather from her caretaker discussion and also how empty the home she is staying and how her parent aren't there for her most of her time. You feel some sympathy for her because of this and make sense why Kaoru don't want to leave her in this episode.

Also, this might be another challenge for Aoi relationship with Kaoru as she misheard from Taeko about the kiss. I sense a jealously and fear from Aoi and this might be trouble if this isn't clarify soon. A decent episode and want to found out what will happened next.

phaze

Blade and Soul 10

This show takes its central aka Alka's character arc surprisingly seriously. And while the execution of it is often just lolworthy, I suppose I should give the series a bit of credit for it. With 3 episodes to go, I'm starting to fear about this having any kind of conclusive ending.

Steins;Gate 18

0076794vlgh.png

#nocontext

I'm not sure how I feel about this
retracting the d-mails arc
. On one hand, it brings out to the light same facets of characters that have, hitherto, remained hidden. And especially
Rumiho's rationale for her message
hit quite hard when it came to undoing it. But then, the logic of it all seems suspect.
I don't really understand what stops Okabe from just sending one d-mail to himself before any of those events play out and to strictly forbid himself from ever experimenting with the microwave. Would have saved him the trouble and time. He's using D-mails anyway so clearly he's not worried about Sern tracking them down. (This puzzles me too, how did they track it the first time and what stops them from doing it again at present ?) Then there is of course the fact that he never (Makise too) gave the events of the first episode a second thought. Really, from the time he realised he can: change the past through D-mails, retain memories across world lines, he should have figured out what transpired there. And consequently, where all this of this d-mail retracting leads to.

Considering that this originated from a VN with different routes and stuff, you can think of these single episodes focusing on one girl as a remnant thereof. That's not a good thing though.

Szadek

Psycho-Pass Movie
It's decent.
There was not much interesting going on in terms of plot and characters.
The world building was really cool and there were a few good character moments,but that's really about it.
Biggest disappoiments are the villains : some miltary guy and some mercenary guy.
There is almost nothing to these characters.
At least it could be the set up for a really good sequel.

The animation and action on ther other hand was really good, probably the best part of the movie.
Nicely done, Production I.G.

Revolutionary Girl Utena Ep 02
The plot is really confussing do far. I mean, I know what's going on,but it doesn't make a lot sense right now.
There are just so many things that need an explanation.
Other than that, I really like the music and the fight scene was great,too.

Cornbread78

Rokka No Yuusha 1-4
Wow the music wow the music wow the music wow the music

If this show gets an ost this will be the 4th after rahxephon, gurren lagann, and persona 4 I download.

On the show itself, this might be imo the best light novel show this season

Prison School 1-3
Best manga show this season easily, fucking easily....seriously no contest barring ushio and tora since I haven't seen it yet lol

[also my first post in this thread I think]

1st of all, welcome brotha.
2nd, the music for Rokka is really good. Who's your pick for the traitor?
Finally, my buddy doesn't appreciate th e sophomoric humor in Prison School, however, it's some damn funny stuff.

Quasar

Prison School 1-3

Best manga show this season easily, fucking easily....seriously no contest barring ushio and tora since I haven't seen it yet lol

[also my first post in this thread I think]

Well I prefer both Non Non Biyori 2 (which is probably my favourite 'new' show) and Monster Musume as manga shows, but its alright. Of course for the me the early chapters of Prison School weren't that entertaining. It only got there after a while.

Welcome though. New folks are always nice.

Qurupeke

Neon Genesis Evangelion 25+26

I won't say much. I never thought that it was so bad. Those weren't even close to an episode and especially I'd never call them an ending. I expected just not to like it, but I hated it. The only scene I liked was the "What if second impact hadn't happened" scenario that I thought was a really nice touch. Everything else was repetitive and ambiguous. Absolutely not a fan of this.

End of Evangelion

This was far better but still, I can't say that I liked it that much. The first part(25') was amazing and everything I wanted Evangelion to be. Action, dramatic moments and tension. Not heavy symbolism and pretentious emotional scenes. I feel like the whole sequence was well done. The facility breaking down level to level, with each character doing what they considered the best at this ending scenario. I really liked both Misato's scene with Shinji and Ritsuko's confrontasion with Ikari. Great scenes both of them, especially the second. Also, Asuka seemed to had surpassed her trauma and delivered some great action.

The end though was typical Evangelion nonsense... I didn't like the second part. It wasn't as bad as the original "ending" but I felt it was odd. Shinji was pathetic as he used to be, doing nothing. Rei became a giant naked angel, surrealistic even for NGE. And I don't understand what happened with Asuka. Did he induce her coma by choking her? And in the end, was she reborn along with Shinji in a dead world? As the new Adam and Eve, I presume?

Anyway, that's about it. I can't say that I hated the show but I wasn't impressed. It seemed like they forced all this psychological stuff to the show in order to make it different but I fail to see how this is not a gimmick to only please some people. I can't think that the show is deep. More like pseydo-deep. It seemed like they were trying to hard not to make it a normal show with mechas. I won't say that I didn't like the hours I spend watching it but maybe I should have picked an other show. It was certainly something that I'm not used to and I usually don't like, and NGE certainly wasn't an exception.

Mandelbo

I won't say much. I never thought that it was so bad. Those wasn't even close to an episode and especially I'd never call them an ending. I expected just not to like it, but I hated it. The only scene I liked was the "What if second impact hadn't happened" scenario that I thought was a really nice touch. Everything else was repetitive and ambiguous. Absolutely not a fan of this.

End of Evangelion

This was far better but still, I can't say that I liked it that much. The first part(25') was amazing and everything I wanted Evangelion to be. Action, dramatic moments and tension. Not heavy symbolism and pretentious emotional scenes. I feel like the whole sequence was well done. The facility breaking down level to level, with each character doing what they considered the best at this ending scenario. I really liked both Misato's scene with Shinji and Ritsuko's confrontasion with Ikari. Great scenes both of them, especially the second. Also, Asuka seemed to had surpassed her trauma and delivered some great action.

The end though was typical Evangelion nonsense... I didn't like the second part. It wasn't as bad as the original "ending" but I felt it was odd. Shinji was pathetic as he used to be, doing nothing. Rei became a giant naked angel, surrealistic even for NGE. And I don't understand what happened with Asuka. Did he induce her coma by choking her? And in the end, was she reborn along with Shinji in a dead world? As the new Adam and Eve, I presume?

Anyway, that's about it. I can't say that I hated the show but I wasn't impressed. It seemed like they forced all this psychological stuff to the show in order to make it different but I fail to see how this is not a gimmick to only please some people. I can't think that the show is deep. More like pseydo-deep. It seemed like they were trying to hard not to make it a normal show with mechas. I won't say that I didn't like the hours I spend watching it but maybe I should have picked an other show. It was certainly something that I'm not used to and I usually don't like, and NGE certainly wasn't an exception.

The choking scene with the kitchen I think is supposed to be inside Shinji's mind. Asuka isn't actually there, it just shows that Shinji resents humanity and no longer cares if it is made extinct, which is what he proceeds to do - at least that's how I remember it, but it has been a few years since I've seen it.

Qurupeke

The choking scene with the kitchen I think is supposed to be inside Shinji's mind. Asuka isn't actually there, it just shows that Shinji resents humanity and no longer cares if it is made extinct, which is what he proceeds to do - at least that's how I remember it, but it has been a few years since I've seen it.

Oh. I thought it was a memory or something like that. I guess that makes more sense though, as his behavior wasn't as usual.

I felt like they congratulated me because I managed to watch 25+26.

phaze

Considering that this originated from a VN with different routes and stuff, you can think of these single episodes focusing on one girl as a remnant thereof. That's not a good thing though.

Makes sense I guess. Forgot about the origins of the series.

I won't say much. I never thought that it was so bad. Those weren't even close to an episode and especially I'd never call them an ending. I expected just not to like it, but I hated it. The only scene I liked was the "What if second impact hadn't happened" scenario that I thought was a really nice touch. Everything else was repetitive and ambiguous. Absolutely not a fan of this.
End of Evangelion

I should rewatch the last 6-7 episodes sometime. Maybe I'll come out with a better opinion of the last t̶w̶o̶ three.

And in the end, was she reborn along with Shinji in a dead world? As the new Adam and Eve, I presume?

IIRC,
everyone who doesn't fancy being yellow goo, can will himself back to life ? Just like Shinji
. Or something like that. Watched it way to long ago to remember.

Jintor

i don't know if i ever want to rewatch original eva, lol. might be one of those things that is better kept in your head forever

Blade and Soul 10

This show takes its central aka Alka's character arc surprisingly seriously. And while the execution of it is often just lolworthy, I suppose I should give the series a bit of credit for it. With 3 episodes to go, I'm starting to fear about this having any kind of conclusive ending.
This episode was so predictable.. except the last part ...if you hadn't realised by now, all the characters of this show are IDIOTS

Steins;Gate 18

I'm not sure how I feel about this
retracting the d-mails arc
. On one hand, it brings out to the light same facets of characters that have, hitherto, remained hidden. And especially
Rumiho's rationale for her message
hit quite hard when it came to undoing it. But then, the logic of it all seems suspect.
I don't really understand what stops Okabe from just sending one d-mail to himself before any of those events play out and to strictly forbid himself from ever experimenting with the microwave. Would have saved him the trouble and time. He's using D-mails anyway so clearly he's not worried about Sern tracking them down. (This puzzles me too, how did they track it the first time and what stops them from doing it again at present ?) Then there is of course the fact that he never (Makise too) gave the events of the first episode a second thought. Really, from the time he realised he can: change the past through D-mails, retain memories across world lines, he should have figured out what transpired there. And consequently, where all this of this d-mail retracting leads to.

Actually he can't
just send a D-mail to erase everything. Doing that would create yet another timeline where mayuri would die , and this time he wouldn't be able to stop it .. the idea is to cancel those in order to get to THE EXACT TIMELINE he was at the start, not another timeline that seems similar.

Qurupeke

While I loved EoE I never really felt much for the original ending, I did grow to like it more after a while though.

Don't forget to watch the Rebuild movies if you want to see more Evangelion!

I may give them a shot. If anything, some Eva action on HD is always nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom