• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, someone actually likes it like i do. These threads always make me feel like trash for enjoying all the anime that seem mainstream or smh. x)
I'm one of the biggest God Eater fanboys you will find on here and I'm not ashamed to admit it aha. It's been great so far.

Ugh AnimeGAF I'm so depressed... I am into weight lifting , but I kinda screwed up and injured myself big time. I have medial epicondylitis, or Golfer's Elbow. This means no lifting for a while, something that I truly love to do... But now I have more time for Anime right everyone? That's a good thing right?
Fuck :'(

Ugh AnimeGAF I'm so depressed... I am into weight lifting , but I kinda screwed up and injured myself big time. I have medial epicondylitis, or Golfer's Elbow. This means no lifting for a while, something that I truly love to do... But now I have more time for Anime right everyone? That's a good thing right?

I sympathize...happens every time I get a running injury. Can't really sugar-coat the fact that it sucks, but it actually is a good time to devote more attention to other hobbies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Akagami no Shirayukihime 4

a) Shirayuki should just go shota and choose Ryu for shiggles, since the prince is such the obviously canonical choice.
b) The OST really is Oshima as fuck. lol

I sympathize...happens every time I get a running injury. Can't really sugar-coat the fact that it sucks, but it actually is a good time to devote more attention to other hobbies.
I know it's my own fault but this sucks you know how it feels. I shrugged it off and kept working out without giving it attention. What could have been solved with simple changes, now can't be fixed without me stopping for a bunch of days. I am usually a happy-go-lucky guy and I am super positive but this is taking a toll on me. Anime can't fix this lol.

I'm one of the biggest God Eater fanboys you will find on here and I'm not ashamed to admit it aha. It's been great so far.

Sucks, however, now...you can pick up running if that doesn't stress that area too much. Running even gets fun...once you're in shape.

Sucks, however, now...you can pick up running if that doesn't stress that area too much. Running even gets fun...once you're in shape.

I've been thinking of that, legs and back without using my arms. At least for the time being. I don't want to put a full stop, I'm scared of simply losing all my motivation. Thanks for the support guys

Defuser

Akagami no Shirayukihime 1 - 4
So its a fairy tale shoujo, nothing special because the cliches are shoujo as fuck. It's not bad but I wouldn't say it's good....just average.

Yeah, I feel Ando is wasted on this.

Non Non Biyori Repeat 1-4

1uBd0Bc.png

NNB is one of those show I consider to be perfect just because it absolutely nails everything it's trying to be. It's one of the only shows where I genuinely like all the characters.

I hope that the candy shop lady will pop up more often, she was one of my favorite characters of the last season, episode 10 was just godlike.

Mitch

Banned
I know it's my own fault but this sucks you know how it feels. I shrugged it off and kept working out without giving it attention. What could have been solved with simple changes, now can't be fixed without me stopping for a bunch of days. I am usually a happy-go-lucky guy and I am super positive but this is taking a toll on me. Anime can't fix this lol.
This recently happened to me. I've continued going to the gym a few times a week to focus on lower body, since I don't need to put too much force on my injured shoulder.

To keep me busy and distracted, I ended up binge watching Hunter X Hunter. Kept me from getting all down and depressed about not being able to lift. I'm almost ready to hit the weights again, thankfully. I just started Kuroko no Basket, so I've got the itch to exercise.

This recently happened to me. I've continued going to the gym a few times a week to focus on lower body, since I don't need to put too much force on my injured shoulder.

To keep me busy and distracted, I ended up binge watching Hunter X Hunter. Kept me from getting all down and depressed about not being able to lift. I'm almost ready to hit the weights again, thankfully. I just started Kuroko no Basket, so I've got the itch to exercise.

I started Lovely Complex yesterday, that plus the weekly anime load and work should keep me busy. It's annoying when you hurt yourself working out, it's like you are taking one step forward but then two steps back right after you are done. The pain comes after the workout so while you are in there you think you are all healed up.

Mitch

Banned
I started Lovely Complex yesterday, that plus the weekly anime load and work should keep me busy. It's annoying when you hurt yourself working out, it's like you are taking one step forward but then two steps back right after you are done. The pain comes after the workout so while you are in there you think you are all healed up.
Yep. Losing muscle and dropping in weight very slowly is frustrating. I've just been telling myself I'll go back harder. It's a minor setback.

I'll do some light lifting at home while I watch some anime to see how my shoulder handles it.

Mandelbo

Non Non Biyori S2 04

Certainly a whirlwind of emotions - obviously the teruteru-bouzu section was fantastic, but Ren-chon's dealing with the tadpoles was surprisingly poignant, the drawing of herself crying especially, given that she tried not to show her emotions beforehand :(

ibyea

Banned
Neon Genesis Evangelion 25+26

I won't say much. I never thought that it was so bad. Those weren't even close to an episode and especially I'd never call them an ending. I expected just not to like it, but I hated it. The only scene I liked was the "What if second impact hadn't happened" scenario that I thought was a really nice touch. Everything else was repetitive and ambiguous. Absolutely not a fan of this.

Haha, I hated it too.

It does take a toll on you, no doubt, and while anime can't fix it, it can serve at least as a distraction while you heal up. And as was also suggested you could do some cardio (of course I'm partial to running). You seem pretty committed to lifting so I don't think losing motivation will be a problem and you'll be back at it before you know it.

John Blade

This might be one of the better episode in this show that doesn't feel like a filler. You found out more about Mayu's backstory when she was young child and why she react the way she is toward Kaoru. I must say, the impression is very sad as you see her family is more worry about their work that they forget to be with their Daugherty in her special time. Now, it make sense why she don't like her parent too much. Also, the backstory also bring up the sad backstory of Kaoru past which also enhanced the flashback even more and got to me emotionally.

Also, I have to say Mayu might have the potential of actually have a good character development in this show than the other secondary female character because of this. Might keep an eye on her arch as the potential is high.

Lastly, we got to see Aoi and Kaoru kiss for the 1st time (at the halfway point of the show). A big plus as before hand, their relationship was going to strain all because a misunderstood of a kiss that she overhead from Taeko. I guess this is from a strong respect relationship between those two they have.

Like I say, a very good episode and might be one of the better one.

Now, that I am at the halfway mark of the show, I think it might be a good time to make an impression of what I think about the 1st half of Ai Yori Aoshi. I have to say it's kinda a mix bag as of now and do hope it improve as I continue watching (or might stay the same which might suck). I was going into this show not knowing anything about it except it's a romance comedy.

The first three episode might be the big strength of the show to tell the truth. You see Kaoru as a common person who leave from a wealthy family after an incident which force him to make a difficult decision of his life. You see Aoi who live in a wealthy family but still want to marry Kaoru even though it was impossible because of his decision in the past (which you see in the 1st episode when Kaoru throw her out of his apartment). For Aoi, her love with Kaoru is strong to the point that she will leave her wealthy family life just so she can be with Kaoru even it mean she will have difficult time in her life. This all change when her mom can in to try to get her back home but Aoi manage to get her mom side to her even with the objection of Aoi's caretaker, Miyabi. In a way, this was a very strong story line and character development in this three episodes that have potential to become a good romance show.

Unfortunately, this is where I feel a bit cheated as how much they develop all this character and backstory, the developer of the show do a 180 turn and turn this very decent romance show into a pure comedy with a mix of romance. Yes, they was some comedy stuff in the 1st three episode (mostly sexual tone) but now, it feel like they push all the decent romance between Aoi and Kaoru that was developed and slap down more new characters in the show so they can do a typical comedy romance show which you see at that time with the same style of tropes that been use over and over.

You got a female character who is high in energy and have this happy go lucky tone on her and drink too much (and also like to touch beewbs). You have another female girl who is clumsy and always don't know where she is in direction. You also have another female character (in the last 2 episode) who have this feel of a young sister that is too attach to her brother. Also, do I mention all the new characters are female. Alone the way, they is quite a bit of misunderstood between Kaoru with the three female character which force Aoi to wonder if Kaoru is cheating on her or not and you can see some jealousy from Aoi because of this. Like in those romance comedy show, Aoi eventually go back to her strong believe with Kaoru and both of them still together.

It kinda sad as if the show stick the feel of the first three episode, it might have a good potential to become one of the better romance show at that time. This show can become like Emma A Victorian Romance story which is basically have the same idea of story. A gentleman felt in love with a maid after an incident but their can't really be in love because she is a common person while the gentleman is a wealthy people and it's a taboo for someone to marry a lower class rank. Even so, the gentleman will risk everything to proof his love to her and also his father that he isn't doing this for fun but will take the responsibility for it. Both know the hardship this will get themselves into but even with this, they love eventually win.

I guess the people who make the show and the manga realize the target market isn't interested in those romance show so, they see what is making money at that time and see how Love Hina manage to get very popular and kinda copy the formula from that show into this show. You do see some similar between then those two show. This might explain why the sudden change of the style of storytelling.

Not saying this type of show is bad. For Ai Yori Aoshi, they do sprinkle a bit of the romance theme with Aoi and Kaoru around and you do see it when they're alone together or walking by themselves without anyone disturb them. During those time, the development between them is strong and you kinda wish it last a bit long. Unfortunately, the comedy part need to push in the show and you do see it quite a bit. It reach to the point they're filler episode which doesn't move the plot at all except to talk a bit of the other characters in the show. Still, it isn't bad if you like those stuff and I don't mind it that much at all. It's fun to watch to see the other character in the show in the spotlight. Still, I do want to see more development with Aoi and Kaoru as that is the reason I am watching this show.

At the end of the day, comedy romance show is what people like to watch and it make sense to make it to the big target audience. This is why Ai Yori Aoshi got release in North America and become popular here because of the target audience this show go into. Unfortunately, you can't say the same for Emma A Victorian Romance story. Because this is more direct to serious style romance story line, not a lot of people want to watch it that it take the dedicated fans to manage to get the show out in North America. Kinda sad when you think about it.

Another thing I notice in this show is Aoi personality. I guess we know she is like those old traditional style woman who will be with her husband side and will do everything she can to make Kaoru happy. Not saying this is bad but did post one impression that she didn't go to college while everyone else go to college or work. It feel weird that she isn't going to school at all. A nitpick I will say but it's one that caught my attention. Also, she remind me of Belldandy from Ah My Goddess. Someone who is strong and always want her lover to be happy while at the same time have second doubt if her lover did something bad or worst get jealous from it. I guess, this is mostly target for man who always want a perfect woman in their life when they watching this show but for me, it feel very weird in so many ways.

Still, it's still a good show to tell the truth and I will continue watching it to the end. For me, it just feel like the people who make the story of this anime don't know if he/she want this anime to be romance show or mix with romance and comedy and you notice it here in the show. Well....that is a long thought of this 1st half of the show. Will go back watching the rest later.

Jintor

since we're talking about fitness, a friend just unloaded some standard variable dumbells + weights on me since he was moving. any pointers on basics?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

That sucks:(
but you could use that time to try new things

Ore ga seiyuu 3

This is quite fun. Ichigo twitter accident is why you shouldn't let your family know your personality twitter handle

Cornbread78

Working S1 ep. 7-END:
The show is a ton of fun to watch and always has some entertaining comedic bits to keep it going. You knew the whole
cross dressing gag
gag was going to come back because of those childhood pictures, but I never imagined it would become so prominant. despite her ridiculas phobia I like Inami as a character, but it's a shame she can't get it together to make a run at Tak... Too bad, but the whold date thing at the end was just sad. Good times. On to season 2 tomorrow.

since we're talking about fitness, a friend just unloaded some standard variable dumbells + weights on me since he was moving. any pointers on basics?

http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/index.html

I used to do a ton of these in my football/baseball/basketball days.... I'm long retired now, lol. I need to get back to the gym though.

Yep. Losing muscle and dropping in weight very slowly is frustrating. I've just been telling myself I'll go back harder. It's a minor setback.

I'll do some light lifting at home while I watch some anime to see how my shoulder handles it.
Yeah in my mind the worst is really having trained so hard that now I can't even train at all. Guess this taught me a lesson.

It does take a toll on you, no doubt, and while anime can't fix it, it can serve at least as a distraction while you heal up. And as was also suggested you could do some cardio (of course I'm partial to running). You seem pretty committed to lifting so I don't think losing motivation will be a problem and you'll be back at it before you know it.
Yeah I'm not going to abandon the gym. I'll do whatever I can without any pulling or pushing on the arms. I can still do legs, back extensions, shoulder to a certain degree and cardio. I can't let this bring me down as much as it is.

That sucks:(
but you could use that time to try new things
Yeah, gonna game a little bit more now. I haven't been playing so much due to work and the gym taking up my time.

Again guys thanks for the nice comments. I guess I kinda derailed the thread a bit so I apologize for that.

Akagami no shirayukihime - 03

DAT red hair effect , you don't say no to an angry red haired woman, that's a basic anime rule. your only choice is to back-off.

phaze

5 Centimeters per Second:
tumblr_mkf3a339771s4tbofo1_500.gif

As promised, I just finished the last part of this show. The most impressive thing with this anime is it's strong sense of art and imagery in its presentation. Some scenes, especially in the "Cosmonaut" short are simply breathtaking (see gif) In addition to the imagery, the use of music is amazing; not just in the in the background, but also in smaller details like the lyrics to songs while the the characters are in stores. All of the shorts included focus on romance and love, however, it's not the type or love and romance to make you smile and fill your heart with warmth. The focus is on the pain and suffering involved with love. It's that undertone of saddness that carries through the anime and utilizes the aformentioned strong imagery and background music to help carry along that message. The anime is beautiful, but painful; certainly an accurate portrayal of love...

Missed this earlier. Glad you finished it. While I remember
being thoroughly depressed the first time I saw it, it ends on an actually somewhat happy note as the protagonist finally stop clinging to his first love, hence the smile.

This episode was so predictable.. except the last part ...if you hadn't realised by now, all the characters of this show are IDIOTS

I dunno, the tavern mistress is fairly smart and her revenge keikaku was glorious !
Actually he can't
just send a D-mail to erase everything. Doing that would create yet another timeline where mayuri would die , and this time he wouldn't be able to stop it .. the idea is to cancel those in order to get to THE EXACT TIMELINE he was at the start, not another timeline that seems similar.
04qzmxl2gshs.gif
This is mightily confusing and I frankly don't really grasp the difference. Maybe future eps will bring enlightenment !

I dunno, the tavern mistress is fairly smart and her revenge keikaku was glorious !
And then what ? i mean yeah the plan was great , but she acted like an idiot afterwards.
Ok you've got your revenge ..ok then ...THEN WHAT ??
she is an idiot too , future eps will prove it !

04qzmxl2gshs.gif
This is mightily confusing and I frankly don't really grasp the difference. Maybe future eps will bring enlightenment !

not spoilers so i can explain

Remember this device :

The numbers define a specific timeline..and the number change depending on okabe actions. the problem is simple : as long as the d-mail aren't cancelled ( as long as we're in the 0.xxxxxx timelines )
mayuri dies

To prevent this , you have 2 options:
-You send a d-mail to okabe telling him to not send d-mails
( 2 problems)
*1 okabe is certainly not going to understand about d-mails in the past
*2 even if he acts , that will just change the number of the timeline to a certain number ( still below 0.xxxxxx ) because you're not cancelling something that has happenned , you're changing things.
If at some point we were on timeline 0.024689 and are on timeline 0.173594 , you need to reach 0.024689 and not risk to be on another timeline. Changing things reduce mayuri lifespan , no matter what okabe does, even if the d-mail is not related to mayuri herself.

There is actually a third reason but that's SPOILERS :)

- you go back to way you came in order to cancel the effects of the d-mail
Meaning that
mayuri lives, since all d-mail are cancelled.

So I guess I have to wait till episode 7 or 8 for the MON squad (Zombina, Tio, Manako, and Doppel) to appear.

Fuck, I have to wait a few more weeks. It doesn't help that both Miia and Cerea are terrible.

Saudades

http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/index.html

I used to do a ton of these in my football/baseball/basketball days.... I'm long retired now, lol. I need to get back to the gym though.
Yeah thanks for this. I workout with dumbbells almost daily but it's basically just random exercises (since the normal workout programs that I find usually calls for gym or barbell which I don't have access to). Guess I can have a stricter routine now.
Ouch, I hope you'll get well soon.
I've only been at it for about half a year but I'd miss it if I don't do some exercise each day. It kinda becomes part of your discipline.

Overlord - 04

The only thing i'm not happy with is that they messed up 2 spells that should be gorier but other than that i'm freaking happy to see that "encounter"played out.

Ainz doesn't joke around.

They had a limited time , so they did their best with gazef ( they even cut dialog ) but they keep the important bit and introduced the martial arts. It is sufficient.
Black hole should have been a more omnious spell , but aside from that :
1438084057650.jpg

I love this show

Dat post ending scene , should clear any doubts on what the show is about to do now.

John Blade

Good episode I have to say. This entire episode remind me the same episode from Ah My Goddess Season 2 TV show as it's literally the same idea. This time the episode is more focus toward to Aoi and Kaoru which is great for us. You see how much Aoi is worry for Kaoru when he isn't in home for 2-3 days straight but he have a good reason for it (to get her a beautiful dress for her birthday). Suck a bit when Kaoru found out the dress is out of stock but somehow know he should buy the shoe for the dress. Look like his guess is spot on as Aoi did bought the dress for herself and it does look nice on her. Also, might be the 1st time we see her know in the usual dress which is good.

Very good episode and a touching ending. Wish they is more like this later on as I am liking the relationship bonding between them.

Overlord - 04

☐ Not rekt ☑ Rekt ☑ Tyrannosaurus Rekt ☑ Caught rekt handed ☑ Shrekt

That warrior dude was pretty beast on his own. Would've liked to see crazy Albedo tear some shit up. Maybe next time. Those angels looked pretty cheap.
You better not hide your skull-face behind a mask frequently, that isn't what I signed up for. Whatever logical reason you have is invalid.

cajunator

Banned
Psycho-Pass Movie
It's decent.
There was not much interesting going on in terms of plot and characters.
The world building was really cool and there were a few good character moments,but that's really about it.
Biggest disappoiments are the villains : some miltary guy and some mercenary guy.
There is almost nothing to these characters.
At least it could be the set up for a really good sequel.

The animation and action on ther other hand was really good, probably the best part of the movie.
Nicely done, Production I.G.

Revolutionary Girl Utena Ep 02
The plot is really confussing do far. I mean, I know what's going on,but it doesn't make a lot sense right now.
There are just so many things that need an explanation.
Other than that, I really like the music and the fight scene was great,too.

Utena yayyyy! Youve started a legendary series.
enjoy the confusion hehee

Neon Genesis Evangelion 25+26

I won't say much. I never thought that it was so bad. Those weren't even close to an episode and especially I'd never call them an ending. I expected just not to like it, but I hated it. The only scene I liked was the "What if second impact hadn't happened" scenario that I thought was a really nice touch. Everything else was repetitive and ambiguous. Absolutely not a fan of this.

End of Evangelion

This was far better but still, I can't say that I liked it that much. The first part(25') was amazing and everything I wanted Evangelion to be. Action, dramatic moments and tension. Not heavy symbolism and pretentious emotional scenes. I feel like the whole sequence was well done. The facility breaking down level to level, with each character doing what they considered the best at this ending scenario. I really liked both Misato's scene with Shinji and Ritsuko's confrontasion with Ikari. Great scenes both of them, especially the second. Also, Asuka seemed to had surpassed her trauma and delivered some great action.

The end though was typical Evangelion nonsense... I didn't like the second part. It wasn't as bad as the original "ending" but I felt it was odd. Shinji was pathetic as he used to be, doing nothing. Rei became a giant naked angel, surrealistic even for NGE. And I don't understand what happened with Asuka. Did he induce her coma by choking her? And in the end, was she reborn along with Shinji in a dead world? As the new Adam and Eve, I presume?

Anyway, that's about it. I can't say that I hated the show but I wasn't impressed. It seemed like they forced all this psychological stuff to the show in order to make it different but I fail to see how this is not a gimmick to only please some people. I can't think that the show is deep. More like pseydo-deep. It seemed like they were trying to hard not to make it a normal show with mechas. I won't say that I didn't like the hours I spend watching it but maybe I should have picked an other show. It was certainly something that I'm not used to and I usually don't like, and NGE certainly wasn't an exception.

Evangelion was in its time a pretty crazy concept. It dared to do a lot of things shows really hadnt up till then. In any case the real reason behind its enduring popularity was because it was the most heavily marketed show by far. More than any other anime series, Eva was brought to peoples' awareness.

Monster Musume 04

Even Papi doesn't know how Darling survives this shit, because this is still a show about violent monster girls who don't know their own strength.

Suu is pretty good, her voice is cute as fuck, fitting this episode aired the day the DQXI announcement happened. She can't possibly hope to stand up to the Queen though. Murderfish next, boooo

They didn't even bother to sub the species card at the end this time. Wow. I found a subbed one anyway.

-------------------------------------------------

Looks like there is some countdown on the One Piece site that ends on August 3rd. Probably a movie since Film Z was December 2012. Alternatively, it only shows the crewmembers minus Luffy, so it could be some timeskip TV special.

Ouch, I hope you'll get well soon.
I've only been at it for about half a year but I'd miss it if I don't do some exercise each day. It kinda becomes part of your discipline.
Thanks I'm somehow hoping for a miraculous recovery in 4 days, and go back to the normal routines with more attention on my joints on Friday, which would mean only 1 upper body workout would be missed. Let's hope for the best. I'm at work and the pain on my elbows and wrists is real. Thanks for the support AnimeGAF, you bunch of great people :D

Nisemonogatari 1

Senjougahara is crazy as ever since I last saw her. Still the back and forth talking between her and Araragi was totally weird and bizarre. She made the guy lick her finger.

image.jpg1_zpsr6duznha.jpg

That is a face of a pervert.

Araragi and Hachikuji's banter was pretty fun. They were trying to make each other admit defeat in different ways. Also Araragi is a pervert.

jbug617

Banned
If Her Flag Breaks comes out 11/3
zsF8GGX.jpg

Contains episodes 1-13 plus a 64-page full color hardcover art book with character art, sketches, behind-the-scenes manga, and interviews with the cast and crew.

Special Features: Clean Opening and Endings, Character Trailers, Commercial Bumps, Japanese Commercials.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles.

NISA Link: http://store.nisamerica.com/if-her-flag-breaks-complete-premium-bonus-set
Right Stuf: http://www.rightstufanime.com/If-Her-Flag-Breaks-Premium-Edition-BD

Nisemonogatari 1

Senjougahara is crazy as ever since I last saw her. Still the back and forth talking between her and Araragi was totally weird and bizarre. She made the guy lick her finger.

Araragi and Hachikuji's banter was pretty fun. They were trying to make each other admit defeat in different ways. Also Araragi is a pervert.

This season has god like episode.

dan2026

The first episode came out a week late and they are planning multiple breaks. There are also like four other studios working on God Eater besides Ufotable

Wow.

It never ceases to surprise me how animation studios seem to have insane production deadlines.
That and how they are literally still making the show as it is airing.

Crazy nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom