• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
If Her Flag Breaks comes out 11/3
zsF8GGX.jpg

NISA Link: http://store.nisamerica.com/if-her-flag-breaks-complete-premium-bonus-set
Right Stuf: http://www.rightstufanime.com/If-Her-Flag-Breaks-Premium-Edition-BD

I wanted to watch this. Thanks for reminding me! Guess I will pick this up

Wow.

It never ceases to surprise me how animation studios seem to have insane production deadlines. That and how they are literally still making the show as it is airing.

Crazy nuts.

It's worse because they just finished UBW which must have been killer. They should've waited a season but I guess they couldn't. Duckroll probably knows more about this then me

Cornbread78

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cornbread78

Ai Yori Aoshi
Amagami SS
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de
Kimi no Iru Machi
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
Ladies versus Butlers!
Lamune
Love Hina
Mayo Chiki!
Nagi no Asukara
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Seto no Hanayome
Sola
Sora no Otoshimono
Special A
Vampire Knight

Alright guys, rank the top 5 out of these. Which should I watch next?

Ai Yori Aoshi
Amagami SS
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Kimi no Iru Machi
Ladies versus Butlers!
Lamune
Love Hina
Mayo Chiki!
Nagi no Asukara
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Seto no Hanayome
Sola
Sora no Otoshimono
Special A
Vampire Knight

I have heard of like half of those and watched none lol

John Blade

Another decent episode. You see a bit more of Aoi and Kaoru alone together but the special start of this episode is Mayu. As special as annoyance. I guess she want to please Kaoru or get his attention and the best way to get his attention is.....to cook his lunch which she doesn't know how. Well, she got a hint of where to get some help and yea, very weird but funny episode. Also, I guess Aoi now know who this girl is who kiss Kaoru and yea, when she found out what Mayu is going to do with Kaoru, you can see she try to destroy the dinner so it won't happened. Funny to watch.

Also, we got a special time with Aoi and Kaoru at the end which help strengthen they relationship and it's cute to hear them talk about when they get marry and have children and what to do with them.

Fun episode to watch and stay for the ending to see more alone time with Aoi and Kaoru.

Ai Yori Aoshi

Watching this as we're speaking and yea, not a bad show if you like comedy slap stick with a hint of romance hear and there.

Mandelbo

Ai Yori Aoshi
Amagami SS
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Kimi no Iru Machi
Ladies versus Butlers!
Lamune
Love Hina
Mayo Chiki!
Nagi no Asukara
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Seto no Hanayome
Sola
Sora no Otoshimono
Special A
Vampire Knight

Ladies versus Butlers is your standard ecchi. It has a character with drill hair in it.
Mayo Chiki is your standard highschool comedy with some ecchi in it, featuring a girl butler who has to pretend to be a boy because of reasons.
Sora no Otoshimono had some really weird tonal shifts, which I didn't enjoy.
I haven't seen the Love Hina anime, but I have read some of the manga, which is alright.

Really I think your best bet is Nagi no Asukara - I haven't seen it, but impressions I've read have generally been quite good.

Go_Ly_Dow

What's it about? The actual show or the production issues?

Just a general introduction to the show, game, ufotable and interviews with some of the creators (game, show directors etc.,,,).

The channel is called NHK World (507 on sky in the UK).

Great channel for Japanese content. Brilliant documentaries, culture shows, news etc...

Mandelbo

Just a general introduction to the show, game, ufotable and interviews with some of the creators (game, show directors etc.,,,).

The channel is called NHK World (507 on sky in the UK).

Great channel for Japanese content. Brilliant documentaries, culture shows, news etc...

Haven't heard of that channel before... do you need any specific packages to access it?

Nisemonogatari 2

Shaft and their fanservice is godlike especially the way they use camera angles and it didn't detract in any way for this scene. I loved the banter between Kanbaru and Araragi over who's the bigger pervert. It was pretty funny seeing Kanbaru sulking over her Grandmother seeing her naked.

It's really nice having a variety of Openings.

phaze

I've to avoid that last spoiler, hence not quoting you directly. :p
And then what ? i mean yeah the plan was great , but she acted like an idiot afterwards.
Ok you've got your revenge ..ok then ...
THEN WHAT ?? she is an idiot too , future eps will prove it !

Clearly, she's a nuanced and flawed character, not just your average Mary Sue. Quality writing at its best !

not spoilers so i can explain

Remember this device :

The numbers define a specific timeline..and the number change depending on okabe actions. the problem is simple : as long as the d-mail aren't cancelled ( as long as we're in the 0.xxxxxx timelines )
mayuri dies

To prevent this , you have 2 options:
-You send a d-mail to okabe telling him to not send d-mails
( 2 problems)
*1 okabe is certainly not going to understand about d-mails in the past
*2 even if he acts , that will just change the number of the timeline to a certain number ( still below 0.xxxxxx ) because you're not cancelling something that has happenned , you're changing things.
If at some point we were on timeline 0.024689 and are on timeline 0.173594 , you need to reach 0.024689 and not risk to be on another timeline.
Changing things reduce mayuri lifespan , no matter what okabe does, even if the d-mail is not related to mayuri herself.

I appreciate you're trying to explain but I guess I'm just obtuse. ;p
I think the bolded is where I start to not follow. Cancelling things is changing things. Hence his steiner reading thing kicking in everytime he undoes a d-mail. And sending the D-mail to the very starting point would cancel things without the need to go through every subsequent d-mail.
I'm also confused on why they're so sure that
stopping that first D-mail will stop Mayuri's death. She has been shown to be hmmm, rather resistant to any changes in her fate. If she can die from such random things as getting run over by a subway, then it would suggest that Sern learning about Okabe's time machine gimmicks has little relevance to the whole conundrum.

Nisemonogatari 1
Senjougahara is crazy as ever since I last saw her. Still the back and forth talking between her and Araragi was totally weird and bizarre. She made the guy lick her finger.

Araragi and Hachikuji's banter was pretty fun. They were trying to make each other admit defeat in different ways. Also Araragi is a pervert.

rip.
This season has god like episode.
image.php

Go_Ly_Dow

Haven't heard of that channel before... do you need any specific packages to access it?

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/
Live stream: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/live/ (note, some programs may not broadcast here due to right issues)

In the UK I simply view it on the basic Sky Entertainment package.

It's seriously a great channel! Love their weekly Tokyo tour shows showing quirky things!

Really increases my buzz to visit Japan asap.

Exalted

Overlord Episode 4

This show is geting much bether than i hoped for. Suprize hit of this season for me.
Episode 3 and 4 were completely diferent in tone than 1 and 2.

Rainy

Banned
Bikini Warriors 4

holy shit lmao

and looking at that monster musume end card again, pink slimes look cool, so lewd tho.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
So I guess I have to wait till episode 7 or 8 for the MON squad (Zombina, Tio, Manako, and Doppel) to appear.

Fuck, I have to wait a few more weeks. It doesn't help that both Miia and Cerea are terrible.

On the plus side it means we might get Rachne's introduction in episode 6 which is sooner than expected.

Cornbread78

Those 5. Though one of these might be a cruel joke to inflict the pain onto you, that many of us on Manga-Gaf has felt.

Which one is that?

Ladies versus Butlers is your standard ecchi. It has a character with drill hair in it.
Mayo Chiki is your standard highschool comedy with some ecchi in it, featuring a girl butler who has to pretend to be a boy because of reasons.
Sora no Otoshimono had some really weird tonal shifts, which I didn't enjoy.
I haven't seen the Love Hina anime, but I have read some of the manga, which is alright.

Really I think your best bet is Nagi no Asukara - I haven't seen it, but impressions I've read have generally been quite good.

Scrap everything else on that list.

Alright, Will do, so now, we are down to:

Amagami SS
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Kimi no Iru Machi
Seto no Hanayome
Sora no Otoshimono
Special A
Ai Yori Aoshi
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Seto no Hanayome
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Nagi no Asukara

Time to brea this down further..

Which of these are have a good story and or relationship/character developement?

John Blade

This episode feel like one of those three episode in the beginning of the show. Very touching, have a lot of emotional feeling toward it and have quality we want to see from the beginning from the show. This is something I want to see from this show and yea, we're getting it right now. Most of this episode is going through flashback both Aoi and also Kaoru past which is touching and sad at the same time.

Also, because it's only with Aoi and Kaoru, you see they love develop and strengthen. Wish they is more episode of this but you get what you get here. Great episode and touching feeling as you watch it.

Which one is that?

Amagami SS
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Kimi no Iru Machi
Love Hina
Seto no Hanayome
Sora no Otoshimono
Special A
Ai Yori Aoshi
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Seto no Hanayome
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Nagi no Asukara

Which of these are have a good story and or relationship/character development?
Take Love Hina off that list. If you want a good story and or relationship/character development, you will not find it there.

Other then Love Hina, I haven't seen most of these to make a good recommendation on what to keep on your list and what to take out. Maybe watch Nagi no Asukara? It's has gotten a positive reception from those who've seen it from what I've read.

John Blade

Ai Yori Aoshi
Amagami SS
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Kimi no Iru Machi
Ladies versus Butlers!
Lamune
Love Hina
Mayo Chiki!
Nagi no Asukara
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Seto no Hanayome
Sola
Sora no Otoshimono
Special A
Vampire Knight

Maybe I should ask this but what you want to watch next? Do you want pure romance or mix it with comedy or action drama etc?

A lot of those show I never watch so no comment. They is few I saw but don't think I would recommend it as of now except Ai Yori Aoshi as I am watching it and even then I can't say as of now till I finish it.

Cornbread78

Maybe I should ask this but what you want to watch next? Do you want pure romance or mix it with comedy or action drama etc?

A lot of those show I never watch so no comment. They is few I saw but don't think I would recommend it as of now except Ai Yori Aoshi as I am watching it and even then I can't say as of now till I finish it.

Basically, just a comfy romance with good character/relatopnship developement and a good story. Few and far between, I know, but it never hurts to check what else I'm missing.

Puruzi

Banned
Which one is that?

Amagami SS
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Kimi no Iru Machi
Seto no Hanayome
Sora no Otoshimono
Special A
Ai Yori Aoshi
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Seto no Hanayome
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Nagi no Asukara

Which of these are have a good story and or relationship/character developement?
Watch Ladies Versus Butlers.

Cornbread78

Heaven’s Lost Property ep. 1-6:
I decided to take a break from everything this afternoon and picked a random show (short series) from my MAL to watch. This is, umm, interesting to say the least which is why I posted the other messge for something GOOD. I have no idea of what I’m watching but it is some crazy panty madness. Angels girl from other worlds, panty shots, crazy student council presidents, grandpa’s full of wisdom, childhood best friends, this show is friggin’ out of control in an awful and amazing way. Wait, add in some tentacle attacks and some yakuza village elder. Wait we now have a loli angel…. This show just keeps checking off all the otaku boxes. We just need animal ears. Oh and he’s falling for the first angel and pissing off the childhood friend; how typical, she has already lost….

John Blade

Basically, just a comfy romance with good character/relatopnship developement and a good story. Few and far between, I know, but it never hurts to check what else I'm missing.

Well...it isn't on your list and I did saw this few weeks ago. It isn't a comfy romance type show but it have very good character/relatopnship developement and a good story. The timeline isn't recent but that shouldn't discourage you. The show I talk about is Emma A Victorian Romance. Might be one of the better romance show which is a hidden jems if you want just a simple but well written romance story. I did post my impression which will give you a good idea of the show.

Season 1 Impression

Season 2 Impression

It might not be for everyone as you won't see those flashy stuff you see in more romance comedy anime now . But if you want a good story romance show which have good character development between the two lover and have a good story with it, do try to look into it. I know I love it quite a bit and maybe you might love it.

Note: Just read my impression and it look like I might spoil some important scene in the show so...spoiler alert....

Mandelbo

Gakkou Gurashi 02

Definitely seeing where people are coming from when they say that Megu-nee
isn't real.
There are quite a few signs pointing towards it right now, such as:

- No one speaks to Megu-nee unless they are prompted by Yuki first, and when they do speak to her they often use sentences that do not warrant a reply. When referencing Megu-nee the other characters do not speak to her directly, they speak to Yuki about her ("she'll be safe, she has Megu-nee with her.")
- Megu-nee never speaks with any character aside from Yuki. At the moment this is being played off as because she lacks the authority and leadership skills to direct the other characters, but if this were the case she should still at least be noticed by them.
- She was outside the barricade without any obvious weaponry when the rest of the characters began the test of courage. Why does she not need protection? If the other characters were aware of her, wouldn't they be alarmed that she has no way of protecting herself?
- She seems to appear wherever and whenever she is needed. Why did she find Yuki just before the zombie attack? It can't just be coincidence that it was her that found Yuki.
- Whenever Mii addresses Megu-nee she seems flustered. It has already been more or less established that Mii is the most inexperienced in keeping the act up as she has not quite been desensitised yet. This would explain why she is the least at home with the concept of Megu-nee.

It is also worth pointing out that in the manga, Megu-nee does not meet up with Yuki in the library scene. Instead, Yuki hides in the corner by herself.

Game of Laplace 04

Hashiba, if you're gonna hide in the closet maybe make sure the doors aren't blasted wide open, also maybe make sure you ain't falling for a guy that displays obvious psychopathic tendencies.

This show is not really a mystery show more than it's a show about detectives and the fucked up stuff that happens around them. This show hits the right balance of horror, humor, and lewd that makes you really uncomfortable, and it's all the better for it.

Also +1 for more Medical Examiner Minami.

John Blade

Kinda average episode. I guess if you like your female character in a swimsuit and like to see ecchi stuff on the female character in the show, this might be the one to watch. I guess the one good thing from this episode is near the end where Aoi and Kaoru is alone in the beach and Aoi show her swimsuit for the 1st time alone. Also, another kiss between them.

This time, they might be some misunderstood feeling with Taeko as it look like she think Kaoru might have a crush with her. This might get interesting or very sticky as now, you have Mayu who is trying to get him also.

Also, a new character came into this show. It's Taeko friend Chika. Quick impression from her, very energetic personality and have tan line on her. That's about it.

Might want to slow down watching this show so, might start watching another anime show to keep myself refresh a bit here.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
D.Gray-Man should literally be like 60ish episodes long. So much shit filler ruining the first season, the second season is incredible, it has budget, I don't even understand their reasoning. I'm guessing a lot of people dropped the show when it was airing since it was nigh impossible to watch for over 8-10 episodes.

Anyone who wants to watch it, use: http://dgrayman.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Arcs

And skip ALL anime-only episodes.

It will make your viewing experience much better.

Hellraider

Shimoneta 01-04

There is a potentially huge social commentary underneath the d*ck,p*ssy and f*ck jokes here, I wonder if it was intended by the creator. Nevertheless it was fun as hell and love the fact that the whole cast wants to have some ecchi action! Episode 4 also delivers in many ways!

Overlord - 01

That was extremely interesting. I was expecting something trashy and was prepared to keep up with it until it reveals its true colors, but I got hooked instead. Didn't realise how quickly 20 minutes passed. I will be right back after watching the other three episodes.

Mandelbo

They do meet up, the scene just plays out differently.

Must be mis-remembering then. Megu-nee certainly doesn't comfort Yuki while the zombie walks past, though.

Something else came to mind, actually. When Megu-nee
finds Yuki she enters the aisle from this direction. This is also the same direction that the zombie comes from moments later. There are a few weird things with this scene; firstly there is no way Megu-nee could have missed the zombie. We already know that they move very slowly and are fairly loud too, meaning that the zombie must've already been close by and was probably making some sort of noise. The fact that the zombie did not react to her walking right by it, and Megu-nee apparently not noticing it would imply that she is not visible to it and never noticed it because she never walked by it - she only appears when Yuki needs her to. Megu-nee also only notices the zombie when Yuki does, showing that she only knows what Yuki does. In addition, if she had noticed the zombie, she would have done more to actually get Yuki away from it rather than keeping her quiet and waiting for it to pass.

I appreciate you're trying to explain but I guess I'm just obtuse. ;p
I think the bolded is where I start to not follow. Cancelling things is changing things. Hence his steiner reading thing kicking in everytime he undoes a d-mail. And sending the D-mail to the very starting point would cancel things without the need to go through every subsequent d-mail.
I'm also confused on why they're so sure that
stopping that first D-mail will stop Mayuri's death. She has been shown to be hmmm, rather resistant to any changes in her fate. If she can die from such random things as getting run over by a subway, then it would suggest that Sern learning about Okabe's time machine gimmicks has little relevance to the whole conundrum.

you have to understand that every time okabe is changing timelines, the events of the other timeline didn't happen. So you can't just went back to the beginning without cancelling the others first.( because they never happenned in the timeline you're in ) , if you try , you create YET another timeline ( another number ) instead of reverting back to a timeline you've been already.
Cancelling is changing back to a previous point , you can't just go back to the beginning.

Imagine you're writting a word document.
And then you've realised you've made a mistake , you have 2 options:
1) you select the part you want to delete and you presse "delete"
2) you use "undo"( CTRL+Z) as many times as necessary until you've got to the place you were before.
You're suggesting 1 , okabe is doing 2.

The thing is , for word , if you use 1, he will interpret that as " another action taken" , not as " going back to a previous action"
For word, it will work , but it doesn't work when using d-mails , what they want is to "go back on their previous steps" because they believe that's the reason why mayuri is dying. that's why they send another d-mail to the first one to nullify it

As for the reason why mayuri will be saved if they cancel those d-mail is simply because her fate is tied to them. Each cancel give her 1 more day to live, that's the reason why her fate is tied to those. no need for more explanation , it's the basis of this arc plot.

cajunator

Banned
Heaven’s Lost Property ep. 1-6:
I decided to take a break from everything this afternoon and picked a random show (short series) from my MAL to watch. This is, umm, interesting to say the least which is why I posted the other messge for something GOOD. I have no idea of what I’m watching but it is some crazy panty madness. Angels girl from other worlds, panty shots, crazy student council presidents, grandpa’s full of wisdom, childhood best friends, this show is friggin’ out of control in an awful and amazing way. Wait, add in some tentacle attacks and some yakuza village elder. Wait we now have a loli angel…. This show just keeps checking off all the otaku boxes. We just need animal ears. Oh and he’s falling for the first angel and pissing off the childhood friend; how typical, she has already lost….

Congrats. This show is aweeeeeesome lol

kewlmyc

Ai Yori Aoshi
Amagami SS
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Kimi no Iru Machi
Ladies versus Butlers!
Lamune
Love Hina
Mayo Chiki!
Nagi no Asukara
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Seto no Hanayome
Sola
Sora no Otoshimono
Special A
Vampire Knight

Seto no Hanayome (My Bride is a Mermaid)
Sora no Otoshimono
Amagami SS

No seriously, Seto no Hanayome (My Bride is a Mermaid) is one of the funniest romantic comedy anime I've ever watched. Watch it.

D.Gray-Man should literally be like 60ish episodes long. So much shit filler ruining the first season, the second season is incredible, it has budget, I don't even understand their reasoning. I'm guessing a lot of people dropped the show when it was airing since it was nigh impossible to watch for over 8-10 episodes.

Anyone who wants to watch it, use: http://dgrayman.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Arcs

And skip ALL anime-only episodes.

It will make your viewing experience much better.

Same reason why Bleach has a filler percentage of 45%, which is a shitload of filler. It's a way to stall for more content. Even Gintama answered this question by saying that some Shonen anime adaptions find ways in order to stall for more content because the anime would likely reach the source material.

Which is why D-Gray Man had filler content, although the Suman filler was pretty good because it helped elevate the later developments in the second half.

Overlord 01-04

I really, really despise the whole "MMO world becomes real" trope. It's lazy, played out and often is simply a way for authors to feed masturbatory loser otaku fantasies about the only thing they are good at in life getting them everything their desire. Namely, attractive women, money and the respect of their peers. Overlord too falls for many of these same traps with the main female character being an typical example of the complete nonsense that I have come to expect from modern anime. However due to my newfangled ability to skip past crap I have managed to scrape out flecks of gold from this shit mound.

I love introspection. Maybe it's just because I do it a lot in real life, but for me the ability for a show to properly map out a person's thoughts as they question and consider themselves privately is something I highly rate. I like the distinction the show makes between the avatar voice and the MC's actual internal considerations of the world he finds himself in. Most shows force unnatural dialogue or monologue to achieve this but I feel like the entire nuance of the internal voice is lost. I would like to see the show do more of this, show more of the main character simply... thinking, about life, love, death and everything else that goes with it.

WHY IS THIS A VR MMO SHOW? It feels like that part was shoehorned in. This is a show about a man travelling to a new world where he is a god, more John Carter or Superman than Sword Art Online. And that is by far it's greatest strength! I really think that if it had slightly better animation/art (This 3D shit is killing anime) and less of the dumb MMO stuff this could really have been a legendary show. Maybe we could have been saying: Yagami Light, Lelouch Vi Brittannia.....Ains Oons Goal? It's display of arrogance and power as one's enemies are vanguished before your feet echoes the qualities of anime's greatest action stuff. I'm really intrigued to see if they can keep up the pace, at first I was really intrigued to see who would be the antagonist but to be frank I'd be perfectly happy to see him wrecking shit and taking names for a few more episodes. It's pretty obvious one of the bad guys will be one of his MMO friends and the show will devolve back to picking up nonsense to please loser otaku but till that happens (and I can only hope it doesn't) I am pleasantly pleased with this show.

Not shit/10

Cornbread78

Sora no Otoshimono
Amagami SS

No seriously, Seto no Hanayome (My Bride is a Mermaid) is one of the funniest romantic comedy anime I've ever watched. Watch it.

Lol, alrighty then.

Congrats. This show is aweeeeeesome lol

It's different that's for sure. English dub is interesting as well.

Ending is also GAR as all hell.

Ok, education time; GAR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom