• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the bizarroverse maybe. Here it was table-flipping bad.

Ez3iedL.jpg

In the bizarroverse maybe. Here it was table-flipping bad.

Short hair is amazing and one of the best things this world has to offer.

image.jpg1_zpscvyltevn.jpg

Lenalee, Odagiri, and Hisako look so good in short hair.

Honestly I prefer short hair than long hair, but that doesn't mean I hate long hair. I like it as well. However in this case Tsubasa looks amazing in short hair than she did with long hair. The difference is like night and day.

We need to start a AnimeGAF "let's watch" bi-weekly challenge where we pick a random older 12 episode series to all watch together. Random genres, chosen by a "lottery" winner to choose the series selection order. That or we can all just pick 12 or so ahead of time and try to come up with some that not many have watched, maybe even just choose the genre and 1 member gets to choose..
Joint reactions are always fun to watch and if we watch the same 6 episodes a week, we could have some fun with it. Have they done that here before? This may just be a dilusional fantasy rant here also...

I'm in. I have a few suggestions that come to mind.

Ninja Nonsense: I've watched this a long while ago but I don't think many people here have seen it.
The Daichi's: Earth Defense Family: I'd be surprised if people have even heard of this show. Throwing it in as an obscure option.
Wandering Son: It's a realistic story about transsexuality and puberty, that includes other parts of the LGBT. Might generate some interesting conversation here.
Now and Then, Here and There: A show influenced by the Rwandan Genocide? Why not?

Just putting my two cents in. Hopefully something can come out of this.

Majestic Prince 24 (End)

There is nothing really noteworthy or unique about this anime. Simple plot of humans fending off alien invaders. Ragtag bunch of academy misfits selected as pilots of prototype mech and lead the charge to fight them off. A few twists, but nothing mindblowing or shocking.

But I'd honestly take that over the numerous unique and special trainwreck of mech shows over the past few years (Valvrave, Aldnoah, Cross Ange). The squad camaraderie was good and developed without pointless drama, each member had relevant contributions to the fights because of mech specializations, the quirky personalities and overall humor kept things from being too serious and melodramatic. Instead of trying to do something outrageous and shocking, things were kept mostly simple. And the CG animation was great, probably one of the better or best I've seen in a TV mech anime, although that's not a hard title to claim.

Was thinking of doing Fafner next, but I'll probably hold off. I can only handle so much of Hirai's character designs at once.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Majestic Prince 24 (End)

There is nothing really noteworthy or unique about this anime. Simple plot of humans fending off alien invaders. Ragtag bunch of academy misfits selected as pilots of prototype mech and lead the charge to fight them off. A few twists, but nothing mindblowing or shocking.

But I'd honestly take that over the numerous unique and special trainwreck of mech shows over the past few years (Valvrave, Aldnoah, Cross Ange). The squad camaraderie was good and developed without pointless drama, each member had relevant contributions to the fights because of mech specializations, the quirky personalities and overall humor kept things from being too serious and melodramatic. Instead of trying to do something outrageous and shocking, things were kept mostly simple. And the CG animation was great, probably one of the better or best I've seen in a TV mech anime, although that's not a hard title to claim.

Was thinking of doing Fafner next, but I'll probably hold off. I can only handle so much of Hirai's character designs at once.

I don't even remember what this stupid anime was about, other than it basically ruined Reiko Yoshida for me. If she's not writing slice of life, it's going to be baaaad.

In fact, the only thing I do remember is that episode 4 or so was a god damned graduation episode. lol

Sterok

AIkatsu 56

Idols sure are a paranoid bunch. Always fearing that someone is out to get them. Which is true, but scandals need to be a bit better than someone likes cats for anyone to actually care. An actual antagonist is something new for this show. Though I'm totally rooting for Mister S to take down Mizuki. Seira and Kii are working out for me, and Ichigo and Aoi have retained a firm grip on their screen time. Poor Ran just keeps getting sidelined, and the others have barely appeared at all. Hopefully they all come back once Dream characters are firmly established.

I don't even remember what this stupid anime was about, other than it basically ruined Reiko Yoshida for me. If she's not writing slice of life, it's going to be baaaad.

In fact, the only thing I do remember is that episode 4 or so was a god damned graduation episode. lol

Oh, I didn't even know she was in charge of the script. I thought the writing itself was alright, especially considering the amount of slice of life-esque scenes throughout most of the episodes.

duckroll

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/myedf/e/e6b2115f210fe2e5690c3c53866eb158

A new season of Yamato 2199 has officially been announced. It's not 2199 though, since it's an actual sequel this time. No title yet. 26 episodes like the first series. Theatrical screening format before TV. Story will be a remake of Farewell Yamato and Yamato 2, mixed together with original stuff. They want to make even more new Yamato stuff after this season ends, 3-4 things in the works. The series will be released later in 2016. Still early.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

Narag

A new season of Yamato 2199 has officially been announced. It's not 2199 though, since it's an actual sequel this time. No title yet. 26 episodes like the first series. Theatrical screening format before TV. Story will be a remake of Farewell Yamato and Yamato 2, mixed together with original stuff. They want to make even more new Yamato stuff after this season ends, 3-4 things in the works. The series will be released later in 2016. Still early.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

About damn time.

Moaradin

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

FUCK YES

Anime wasn't a mistake after all...

Sterok

Aikatsu 59-60

This show needs more drama auditions. They get to be way more creative and crazy. Kaede makes for an excellent villain, and she makes everything about her when she appears. Which might explain why she doesn't appear often. Though Shion not appearing in a freaking drama shoot is worrying...

It's official. Shion's never going to get her much deserved CG dancing is she. Like, the entire episode is set up to show off the greatness of Powa Powa Puririn (they are surprisingly good, though mostly due to Tristar being dead and Soleil not having reformed yet), but they don't actually get to be together for the big event. I like Kaede, but if Shion's not even going to get a debut with her group, then why is she put in the op equal to the other 4? I hate cockteases like this.

Saudades

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

JIQNIJh.gif

wonzo

Banned
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/myedf/e/e6b211...0c3c53866eb158

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!
runthisshit.gif

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

7d58aae695470e68145f6290a1106101.gif

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

And here I am not having seen anything Yamato yet.

I feel left out.😌

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

Goodie. Still need to watch the movie.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

oh wow, nice!

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!
Oh fuuuuck

phaze

After the events of the first series, what kind of villain would even be stupid and demented enough to pick a fight with Yamato's plot armor powers.

I had a watch bet like early this year if not last and have yet to fulfill it. I have to do it whether I like it or not.

That's the spirit !

Steins;Gate 19-21
Took you fucking long enough.

Yet again, certain reveal took me by surprise.
Not you too Mr Braun. At this rate, his daughter will turn out to be Sern's boss and mastermind.

ibyea

Banned

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

Great news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom