• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Votoms is too long and I'm not big a fan of the aesthethic.

Code Geass is hmmm Code Geass. From everything I've read about it it doesn't seem to be the kind of "good" I'm looking for. And isn't it two 26 ep long seasons ?

+Those Clamp designs <pukes>
Those Clamp designs are the least of your worries. They are the most tolerable of the Clamp designs. The first season of Code Geass has a great story and season 2 is not needed to watch because then it starts getting dumb.

And Votoms is fucking amazing, its not Gurren Lagann levels of hype but still amazing.

I completely forgot my Avatar bet punishment has already been over. Thank god, I never liked mobile games.

I finally get to wear my Joseph Joestar avatar.

So you did at least finish Shigurui !

Oh I did. I took a day to think about it and felt depressed. It was very well done but the show was so grotesque in its presentation and narrative that I felt like washing myself afterwards. Don't know if I can watch it again, but I'm glad I did watch it at least once. Knowing how ugly the real world is this is likely the more realistic presentation of samurais and those periods.

But fucking a that possessed old man still haunts my nightmares.

Acosta

BLRLb1Y.jpg

Marimite did that already~

Meh, everything is already invented...

Crocodile

The Bloodstained KS also updated to pimp the tease, and they seem to strongly suggest that it's another old-retro-ish-type-game-revival of sorts, like MN9 and Bloodstained. So I assume it's a game. Dunno.

"Not Mega Man Legends"?

Inafune is doing a Mega Man Legends type of game next. Expect the Kickstarter to launch on Saturday.

Is this conjecture or do you actually know something?

Guys consider Etotama at the end of the year. Made me believe in CGI.

I never got past Episode 3 (maybe someday) but seriously. WOW. I mean that show had straight up GREAT CGI. Like the first time I can recall ever watching an anime and thinking "you know what, this show needs more CGI". Props to those who choreographed the CGI segments too.

What was the controversy with bloodstained anyways? If I recall it's similar to the Shenmue 3 controversy but can't recall.

There wasn't any because IGA and his crew were super upfront and transparent about what they were doing, that they had an outside funding source and how much their contribution was. Aslo he had an excellent agent (Ben Judd + DDM) and good people running the campaign (Fan Gamer). Shenmue 3 took weeks to clarify what the fuck was going on with Sony, among other aspects of their campaign, and the people running their Kickstater (Awesome Japan) are neohpytes WAY out of their league. That let confusion and negativity foster and spread in a way the Bloodstained campaign never had to worry about.

phaze

Oh I did. I took a day to think about it and felt depressed. It was very well done but the show was so grotesque in its presentation and narrative that I felt like washing myself afterwards. Don't know if I can watch it again, but I'm glad I did watch it at least once. Knowing how ugly the real world is this is likely the more realistic presentation of samurais and those periods.

But fucking a that possessed old man still haunts my nightmares.

Whatever do you mean ?! He's adorable.

jbug617

Banned
Is this conjecture or do you actually know something?

Inafune has an announcement at AX on Saturday. In a interview with Chris Kohler he sort of hinted that he may do another Kickstarter.

And we might see Inafune return to crowdfunding for another game, too. “Hopefully we can snowball this movement,” he says. “Igarashi-san’s Kickstarter was huge, and Suzuki-san’s will maybe pass that one. Maybe there’s someone else getting ready to do their own Kickstarter and surpass everyone else. Maybe it’s me.”

Lololol at the trigger panel and they just announced a new animator expo project.... It's called "Sex and Violence with Machspeed!"

The main character doesn't wear pants.

Edit: lol I guess this is old. But it's hilarious.

cajunator

Banned
Lololol at the trigger panel and they just announced a new animator expo project.... It's called "Sex and Violence with Machspeed!"

The main character doesn't wear pants.

Edit: lol I guess this is old. But it's hilarious.

I remember that.
its either genius or desperation.

Whatever do you mean ?! He's adorable.

Kawaii! Still best girl.

Concerning Nichijou and Nichibros. Saw the latter first and the humor did absolutely nothing for me. Making fun of all kinds of anime tropes isn't reaching high to begin with but the execution just wasn't there.

Nichijou though, even if I'm not the biggest fan of that humor either, the execution and production values hammer many of the jokes out of the park nevertheless.

cajunator

Banned
The real travesty of 2013 was AOTY Love Lab only making 16th or whatever it was

Lots of people dont have a soul. It cant be helped.

Is AnimeGaf always like this? o_O
Because honestly, this "your-favourite-anime-is-shit posting" is pretty embarassing.
Like, can't we just agree there are things like, you know, different tastes and opinions and such?
I mean, I watch anime others think is bad and others watch anime I think is bad. Do I mind it if someone doesn't like what I watch and thinks it's bad? Not a all. But the pointless hate on the last few pages was pretty annoying.

nah. Its occasional. Usually we just argue over waifus or other important topics.

Do you even Cross Ange bro?

Anime of the Forever.

This we can all agree with

All of Jojo? Does that include its 48 episode sequel?

Who do you think you are, Avdol?

(Now now, no offense, I'm just having some fun. :p)

48 episodes. Oh my goodness. If that's the case I would have to throw another anime your way. And Jojo would take me a good long while to get through.

If I can find a third anime then yeah... I am willing. (After I am done with linkmans shows)

And how dare you!!!! (No really) :p

jbug617

Banned
Aniplex info

Your Lie in April is getting an English dub.
Tsukimongatari Coming out in September
Durarara X2 is coming out on Bluray/DVD. Volume 1 coming out in September. Volume 2 coming out November.

Vol 1 contents
<bay|AX|Aniplex> eps 1-6, jp and eng dub, english and spanish subs, pre-air special talk show, textless op and ed, 16 page booklet, illustration postcards
<bay|AX|Aniplex> 2-sided wraps, package illustrated by character designer

Aniplex is bringing Your Lie in April over. Probably will be way too expensive like anything Aniplex puts out.

There is no God.

Edit: Hold up. They're holding auditions at AX for people to play smaller roles. Aniplex why do you hate this show?

Laputa_94

This may be a random question, but I was looking into Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) and was wondering if I should watch the anime or manga? I am asking this because I noticed that the manga finished after the anime (according to Wikipedia), and I didn't know if that made for one of those situations where the manga was much better than the anime or vice versa.

48 episodes. Oh my goodness. If that's the case I would have to throw another anime your way. And Jojo would take me a good long while to get through.

If I can find a third anime then yeah... I am willing. (After I am done with linkmans shows)

And how dare you!!!! (No really) :p

I'm sure you'll think of something.

So right now I've got Hyouka (23 episodes i think, counting the side story) and Your Lie in April (22 episodes).

Jojo season 1 is 26 episodes.

Jojo Stardust Crusaders is 48 episodes.

If you want to recommend me something else to go along with it, here's my MAL and everything I've completed.

cajunator

Banned
Aniplex is bringing Your Lie in April over. Probably will be way too expensive like anything Aniplex puts out.

There is no God.

Edit: Hold up. They're holding auditions at AX for people to play smaller roles. Aniplex why do you hate this show?

Hmm Aniplex. Ill buy it.

cajunator

Banned
Should have rigged it so KKK won.

I would have been ok with that. Its really fun!

This is why I think for all of it issues Sound! Euphonium is the superior show to Hyokua and K-ON! Euph had the character interactions and interplay that studio is known for but also actually wrapped itself in a solid premise that didn't have me feeling like I wasting my life, after a certain amount of episodes at least.

Thats true. Euphonium might be one of their best.

This year I'm predicting AotY will be:

1. Wake Up Girls Zoo
2. Show By Rock
3. Ninja Slayer

Would squee sooooooooo much

It's good. I had trouble making it through the first 20 or so episodes but it gets great after that introductory period.

My buddy and I tried watching it one day and fell asleep half way though the first episode, this is the same buddy that we both fell asleep the first time we tried watching F/Z and on a second attempt it became an all time favorite so here's hoping.

Peer pressure wins again.

Ehh I was willing to put up with 25 hours of FFXIII before it got good 20 episodes of Gintama is nothing

My buddy and I tried watching it one day and fell asleep half way though the first episode, this is the same buddy that we both fell asleep the first time we tried watching F/Z and on a second attempt it became an all time favorite so here's hoping.

Ehh I was willing to put up with 25 hours of FFXIII before it got good 20 episodes of Gintama is nothing

Those first two episodes are trash. You can skip them. They are anime original that rely on you knowing the characters, and even then still not great

cajunator

Banned
Got it.
That's good to know, because normal AnimeGAF has been pretty great. I don't really post much, but I like reading all the episode impressions and anime analyses. And I've also found a few animes that I enjoyed here that I'm pretty sure I'd never noticed otherwise.

Watch Kino's Journey

/XX/

The LoGH announcement is for the novels. They are bringing the first 3 novels out, and if they sell well enough, they'll do all 10.
Good, yeah, although I can't help feeling bad somehow about all the recent efforts done by Tracy Chu (@FuguSushi_) in translating more of the novel volumes into English than, until recently, anyone else before... and then suddenly this announcement made it nearly worthless in an instant like so. I'm very grateful for what was done anyway!

And this Witch Acadamia and Ninja Slayer crossover episode is amazing.
The what?
I suppose it is the same one shown at the most recent AnimeNEXT, and Jarmel (waiting for the comeback already!) wrote for us some nice impressions of that showing.

Einbroch

Banned
Foodgasm 01 & 02

This is incredible. Tempted to wait until it's all done to watch it because I've heard where it's at right now there are a bunch of cliffhangers and I like to marathon.

cajunator

Banned
Guys consider Etotama at the end of the year. Made me believe in CGI.

He had a outside source backing him but needed proof people wanted it. Kickstarter was used for that.

Etotama is definitely up there on my list!

Unless he can somehow revive Megaman Legends I don't know what to think.

edit: HOLY FUCKING SHIT JUST AS I TYPED IT IT HAPPENED
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07...-mega-man-legends-spiritual-successor-red-ash

Whaaaaaaaaaaat
nope I dont believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom