• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blade

One of the better episode. Chika and her friend are back and this time they have a swim competition. They manage to get Tina to be their coach to teach them. Get to see a bit of a hidden side of Tina and how she want to live in Japan when she was younger than be American. Also, see one of Chika friend to manage to make one of her wish to come true.
It sound cheesy but for some reason, I like this episode a bit more than the other filler episode.

Will go to the next episode.

Jex

Hey Anime-GAF.

I'm nowhere near as big a fan of the medium as most of y'all, but still like it better than your average Joe. I've worked through most of Sailor Moon Crystal, seen all of Attack on Titan and dabbled in a bunch of the series on Adult Swim/Toonami years ago. Looking for something to sink my teeth into now, but don't know where to start. I looked at the best of 2014 results and of those, but don't really know where to start. What's big/hot right now? What's something that might be a worthwhile investment? I know this is all vague, but it's because I have no idea what sub-genres I'm into. Thanks in advance for your help, please don't berate me because I am asking such an open-ended question haha.

Everyone else has been really helpful so I just though I'd drive by and berate you for asking an open-ended question.

Shame on you! Shameeeeee!
Didn't see it posted here

Attack on Titan Jr High Spinoff PV

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wm3WBqihF-A

Just what you've all been asking for

Well, that's probably be more entertaining than season 2.

phaze

Mushishi 25

007957urztd.png
0079592ab88.png
007965fwamn.png
007968uklci.png

0079697ul0t.png
007970zubed.png
007972ygx0e.png
007973wwy6t.png

Japanese fetish for eyeballs stikes again.
Couldn't Ginko make another eyeball for her like he did earlier ? I swear, his success rate is below 50 %
. Great ep, one of my favourites probably.

Jex

That looks kinda okay, apart from the shots that Jarmel mentioned. It's just that the idea of turning One Punch man into an anime series never really struck me as a particularly good one. There's just something about the nature of those stories which feels tied into the format of manga, as opposed to 22 minute episodes.

I dunno.

Ushio to Tora - 05

Another good episode. Hyou is pretty great, his combat style and mind tricks are neat. The moment he bowed down for forgiveness I took quite the liking to him. Being humble and strong at the same time. Now being voiced by Namikawa makes it even better.
It's nice to have a character introduced that I feel is going to be a returning one, instead of the monster that dies at the end of every episode. I hope we'll see him again soon.

One of the girls also got an important scene to help Ushio grow, it helps negate my feeling that they're just there for "the love interest".
There were more emphasis on the visuals in this which I always appreciate, compared to the other episodes. I remember most of these shots from the old OVA, obviously upgraded in this age, might do a comparison post.

Well, that's probably be more entertaining than season 2.
I do wonder how they are going to handle it. People coming from season one that haven't read the manga I think will be a bit disappointed with the pace of things. Man for a bunch of months, things kinda dragged on and on and on, with little action involved. Not to say the stuff was bad but damn if things didn't get slower.

Hellraider

edit: WHOA WHOA WHOA did Texhnolyze always have this kick-ass OP?
I watched a couple of Texhnolyze episodes years ago and the only thing that I didn't immediately forget was the OP. Then, many years later, on my music researching adventures I fell in love with Juno Reactor. It was a really awesome and nostalgic feeling when I found out that guardian angel was theirs.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Episode 5

Ah yes at last we are starting to move things to the next level as we are introduced to a new character is introduced, lessons are learned and knowing is half the battle.

Ushio and Tora 05

New guy is cool, I like him.
Ushio and Tora slowly progressing, their S-link has to be at at least level 2 now. Thanks hamburgers!

Going to remain optimistic but I think my comment about the manga having better animation will actually be true, lol

Didn't see it posted here

Attack on Titan Jr High Spinoff PV

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wm3WBqihF-A

Just what you've all been asking for

This will be better then S2.

Great news, Kentaro Yabuki(one of To Love author) going to marry again.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/dilemmanichijyo/archives/45762926.html

Dear lord can't even imagine what TLR:D, Lala and Haruna would turn into after this break up, I don't think the world is ready

Kind of off topic but since we discussed it not too long ago and I got a ton of support from everyone, I am happy to report that I went back to my weight training today. I realized that I was overtraining my arms, my routines would repeat pushing motions too often which put a strain on my wrists and elbows, so I played around with my log and found something that will let me heal while still hitting up all the body parts as usual. Went today, and the pain is there but it didn't get worse, nor did it affect me at all.

On the road to full recovery now ~~~ Long weekend is going to be nice
no God Eater though :'(

Cornbread78

Kind of off topic but since we discussed it not too long ago and I got a ton of support from everyone, I am happy to report that I went back to my weight training today. I realized that I was overtraining my arms, my routines would repeat pushing motions too often which put a strain on my wrists and elbows, so I played around with my log and found something that will let me heal while still hitting up all the body parts as usual. Went today, and the pain is there but it didn't get worse, nor did it affect me at all.

On the road to full recovery now ~~~ Long weekend is going to be nice
no God Eater though :'(

Good deal. It's good to switch up your routine onCE in awhile as well to fool your muscles. I used to use circuit training for a week to change up my routine, but still keep some positive strain in the muscles.

Defuser

Gate ep 5
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck cliff hanger, why do I have to wait next week to see those bandits get fucked up by glorious nippon? I want my modern military slaughter.

Crocodile

School Live 4
The timeline fuckery is actually impressive in this one. Unlike Episode 3 I felt I was thrown for a loop. So we start in the present and then go into a flashback about Miki's origins. I had thought the last part with the sortie was back in the present but I kept wondering to myself where Miki was. Only at the end did I realize we still in the past and that the group meeting up with Miki for the first time is next episode.

Prison School 2-3

The super fast pace of Episode 1 had me worried but they nailed it with these two episodes. Hype Mode reengaged! :)

Going to remain optimistic but I think my comment about the manga having better animation will actually be true, lol

I mean I kind of want to see actual footage of a full on, uninterrupted action sequence before I can say anything but I don't see anything in there that sets of "bad animation/art" alerts.

That looks kinda okay, apart from the shots that Jarmel mentioned. It's just that the idea of turning One Punch man into an anime series never really struck me as a particularly good one. There's just something about the nature of those stories which feels tied into the format of manga, as opposed to 22 minute episodes.

I dunno.

Really? The manga seems like it would lend itself very easily to an anime. The question has always been if they can pull off the action sequences an what not. We'll see in a few months time.

Prison School 04

Good episode, pacing didn't really bother me at all here, lots of great moments. Face game is again still strong, a surefire sign of a top tier show. Some bad CG in this episode though.

The butts this episode were enough to make the Chairman cry ;_;7

Also the VP is sweaty as fuck geez, must be all that direct sunlight that seems to love her

Prison School - 04

That censoring fooled me that's for sure. If Gakuto doesn't get his figures after all these sacrifices, then there is no justice in this cruel world.
I was just waiting for them to get fucked. Now I do think he's going to be in that stall, but the real danger is probably the texts. Bleh at the cg people at the gate though, just awful.

The show has done a good job to make me feel for these people. Lego plans, field of views, close ups and colors to enhance scenes etc all adds up to, what I think is an unpredictable and creative show even more fun to watch. Time to read the manga I guess!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Holy shit, Cinderella Girls really is just an idol version of Major League now. Complete with evil plan and everything. lol

Question is, who is Charlie Sheen??

IM@S CG S2 03

CLQ9o6_UsAA07qL.png:large

i'm dead anastasia is too cute

Holy crap, added like another 12 idols.

Bunny ears are important I guess?

The show has done a good job to make me feel for these people. Lego plans, field of views, close ups and colors to enhance scenes etc all adds up to, what I think is an unpredictable and creative show even more fun to watch. Time to read the manga I guess!

The manga is elder god tier, honestly one of my favorite manga of all time. I've never found the words to describe how amazing it is.

Looks like Lionsgate is making a live action Naruto movie (lol)

Prison School 04

Did they change the scene with the crow? I remember it being a bit more lewd, it's not a big deal or anything but it's kinda odd with the whole "let's adapt it faithfully but add a lot of fog" thing that's going on. Maybe I'm just seeing things though. The bit where we got to see Kiyoshi crawling through the tunnel was also awkward to say the least.

Anyway, this is still one of the better show of this season, Gakuto is just such a bro.

Sterok

Aikatsu 76

I think the new op is a bit better than the last. New ed is kind of eh though. High school students don't get new uniforms? Weak. Akari is likeable. That Christmas episode really was crazy. Someone who isn't a prodigy from when we first see them. I do like how they showcased her dance to be pretty mediocre. Not sure how to feel about her being one of the people to pass though. Granted we didn't see the others, but it feels like she passed mostly because she fangirled Ichigo so much, which doesn't seem like a very objective ruling. Well a better explanation will probably pop up soon.

javac

Some more UK Box-art:
Manga Entertainment
Fairy Tail: Collection 4
Release Date: 14th September
Run Time: 600 min
Format: DVD
pT7JV2c.jpg

Noragami: Complete Series Collection
Release Date: 21st September
Run Time: 300 min
Format: BD, DVD
fZvem6P.jpg

LBuL8iX.jpg

Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: Part 3
Release Date: 28th September
Run Time: 116 min
inNj0ri.jpg

lBwpG2X.jpg

Animatsu Entertainment
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! - Complete Season 1
Release Date: 24th August
Run Time: 325 min
bc90MfR.jpg

l7VG18v.jpg

The Comic Artist & His Assistants: Complete Series Collection and Bonus OVA Episodes
Release Date: 14th September
Run Time: 169 min
nsfw?
Better safe than sorry :p

phaze

Prison School 04

They did well with that
shaving
misdirection.

Kyoshi finally exposed for the disgusting sleaze ball he is.
How the hell do you even not check who the uniform belongs to.

Is it going to be like this:

e:

We're getting a Chuunibyou release? Awesome!

God that movie is so terrible. I think the best live action anime movie is probably G-Saviour which is just boring and mediocre and not absolutely terrible

Then again there aren't a lot of live action anime movies, guess the death note one was alright too

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Interest in CG possibly renewed.
It's funny to see the same arc applied to an idol animu. It makes more sense than a randomly evil rival producer anyway.

Gate ep 5
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck cliff hanger, why do I have to wait next week to see those bandits get fucked up by glorious nippon? I want my modern military slaughter.
Just waiting for this to happen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjlCVW_ouL8

P90 is still the best gun though.

javac

Thank god they changed the BD artwork for Madoka Rebellion. I was seriously considering not buying it because the previous artwork was so bad(ly used).

Yeah the previous one made no sense, because the way it was originally used was it had a cut-out in the slipcover so the window made sense.

Soma 17

The moment she realized she has 0 chance to stand up to the Totsuki Class

RIP hometown childhood friend girl, like a strictly worse Tadokoro, never had a chance ;_;7

Yeah this arc is kind of weak, I guess it's good to show that Soma has grown and people in his hometown don't stand a chance against him anymore. Meat needs to wear a fucking bra, she can never just wear both, what's wrong with her?

Yeah the previous one made no sense, because the way it was originally used was it had a cut-out in the slipcover so the window made sense.

Even without the window being a cut out it was still an ok cover. The main problem for me was that the top of the picture was completely cut off by the blu ray banner.
Actually in the new one Kyokos hair is still a bit cut off, but it's not nearly as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom