• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatmac

There are some funny reactions this episode. You got one of my favorite ones in that Shirou picture lol. Miyu was really cute this episode. She got a lot of focus for the first half of the episode which was nice.
Yep, looks like we'll be getting some more info on her backstory this season which is exciting.

JulianImp

I was once surfing TVTropes and ran across the Nekomimi Mode song. Now I can't help but remember it whenever I see any anime characters with cat ears. That kind of aesthetic doesn't happen too often in shows I tend to watch so I can avoid remember the song, but then you guys had to post all those nekomimi pictures...

Cornbread78

High School of the Dead ep.1-END +OVA
My goodness was this a crazy bloody ecchi fest of zombie maddness. The action scenes were pretty cool and the story wasn't toooo bad (abrupt non ending ending though; Ugghh, ok, they missed the mark here) however, the focus was on the fanservice throughout, especially the "romance" scenes in the middle of the invasion. Yeah, the story could have been good if they followed up on it or actually carried it out. Also, the MC had two chicks at his bidding, but could have had three, lol. Gun weilding pervy dude was besty, lol. Oh and that OVA, wow, sensei she can really handle a sword in many ways.. It was umm, yeah, umm... steamy? Yeah, overall this was an entertaining show, but it was really just mindless ecchi fanservice without as much depth as you would think.

Ushio To Tora 5

This was a pretty amazing episode. Not gonna lie as far a shonen action goes this is quickly becoming a favorite. Because emphasis isn't put on flashy fights but on bro'ing out with your frenemy.

Classroom Crisis 05

So this show seems to have a lot of hidden threads going on. Amnesia? A possible ninja/assassin (lol), Nagisa's scars? Hmmm I'm interested in seeing more. I liked this episode a lot, it was more relaxed and fun.

Sterok

Aikatsu 79

Time to form the partners. More or less predictable honestly. Soleil goes with their evil counterparts. Ichigo/Seira for main character powers. Aoi/Kii for knowing shit. Ran/Sora for something something clothes. Otome/Maria by default. I guess they're both spacey? Seems that Sakura was demoted at expected, and I'm pretty sure the staff hates Shion. It was cute how Yurika is pining after Ran. Good to finally get some closure on the Tristar fallout. Yurika was more openly hurt. Kaede actually did confront Mizuki, and we got the reason she didn't just take off. Being around Kaede was honestly the only time Mizuki was good, since Kaede was really the only one not to be easily swayed by her and could take her off guard. Kaede and Yurika do work well together though.

javac

Wait they used that art without the slip cover? Yeah that doesnt work too well.

Yeah this is the old proposed cover:
Fo7KxR0.jpg

jiXypjw.jpg

All that delicious meat.

Shame it's all so irrelevant.

Karaage Arc living up to its moniker as the worst arc in the series with how uninteresting it is.

Least we got to hear Sugita voicing Eizan.

And even had Sword, Chullo, Glasses, and Yugi making a cameo appearance alongside Erina and Isshiki.

School Live 4

I love how they are using flashbacks in order to develop some of the characters. Seriously though they really love screwing with the audience especially with
Megu-nee's situation.

Prison School 4

Gakuto is GOAT. The true best friend that sacrifices everything for his friend.

I loved how they used Legos to emphasize the plan.

Articalys

Top Groups Expand Investment in Anime Consortium Japan

One major issue internationally is a lack of consistent platforms between groups. While a lot of people have criticized Daisuki's streaming player, the company behind it definitely offers the potential to standardize selling rights to other companies (like AoA taking on God Eater) and possibly offering digital manga contents (though products like Comic Walker, which has been poorly updated in English) among other content. That should help fix some issues like "boo, Funi licensed a show I wanted to watch. Guess I'm going fansubs."

The only issue is that the company seemed to lack a consistent direction back when it was just Daisuki. Foresight to participate in shows like Cinderella Girls, God Eater, and possibly One Punch Man is a great start, but more needs to happen for it to be a very good alternative in the market.
While it's nice that they're starting to get a better idea of what they want to do with the service, it still doesn't help things if, as noted, their player still has issues.

Shokugeki no Soma - 17

Remains very enjoyable. The generally very high and consistent production value is really appreciated and gives me the feeling of a proper adaptation, which Prison School certainly doesn't invoke so far. Sure, that one has a bunch of great stuff too but for instance the CGI point of view escape sequence just looked bad.

Soma 17

Everyone is saying this is the most uninteresting arc, am I the only one who keeps enjoying each episode without a single complaint? I mean to me this show has been a steady inflow of quality entertainment from episode 1 till now, everything so far has been great. They need to come out with an announcement for a second season in 2016 ASAP.

Soma 17

Everyone is saying this is the most uninteresting arc, am I the only one who keeps enjoying each episode without a single complaint? I mean to me this show has been a steady inflow of quality entertainment from episode 1 till now, everything so far has been great. They need to come out with an announcement for a second season in 2016 ASAP.

Nah I really don't have a major complaint about this episode. I kind of appreciate that the stakes aren't as high (seemingly anyways) and Soma helping the folks in his district and inviting Nikumi over to help out helps the world building.

Cinderella Girls 16

9tK8dAw.jpg

Cuter without the cat ears

Like, I understand Mishiro's plan is to reduce focus on the character/gimmick idols and focus instead on making them stand out without that, but that's kind of hard to do when almost all the idols are already characterized by just their gimmicks.

I was doing the same.

It's very slice of life. Like, chapters end there isn't any dramatic or humorous beat or morale resolution at the end, they just... end. And in a good amount the fact there is a witch in there it's basically a foot note.

It's... about cute girls doing cute things, I suppose. You have the titular witch, her hotter big sister, the loli imouto, the childhood friend, the Inu-witch, etc. Like, variations for each niche. And all are cute and/or hot, of course. There isn't big fanservice (well, adjusted tshirt here, bare riff there, hotpants...) but you can notice it was done for male audience. Even the only guy here is generic, as it happens in these cases.

It has a few amusing jokes
Didn't look too closely but that isn't surprising. :|

While it's nice that they're starting to get a better idea of what they want to do with the service, it still doesn't help things if, as noted, their player still has issues.

I believe they've improved the player since the transition to ACJ. It's always worked well for me, but I've severely cut back in the amount of shows I watch, so I never assumed my case was the standard.

John Blade

This might be one of the better episode of this season as it help push the character development of Aoi and Kaoru forward even more (mostly at Kaoru as he start to realize he need to see what he have to do in the future of his life). We already know both are in love but this episode have push even further in their relationship which is really needed for a long while. Also, it's bloody time for Aoi and Kaoru had intimacy and make love to each other to express how much they love each other. Which is one of the important of relationship they have to go to.

One of the best gems episode in this season. A side note: feel weird that Kaoru's professor gave him vouchers for a hotel room and dinner.

Articalys

I believe they've improved the player since the transition to ACJ. It's always worked well for me, but I've severely cut back in the amount of shows I watch, so I never assumed my case was the standard.
This calls for an informal poll.

If you watch streaming anime through any of the following services, what's your opinion of their streaming player / stream quality / subtitle quality / etc? Please also mention whatever platform you're using (PC, mobile device, PS4, XB1...) since there might be variances between platforms even for the same service.

- Crunchyroll
- Funimation
- Daisuki
- Hulu
- Netflix
- Viewster
- AnimeLab
- any other legal sources I'm forgetting

Shokugeki no Soma - 17

This arc seems okay, but I'm way more interested in the one that's coming up. Bring on the Gunpla World Tournament Autumn Elections!

Ushio and Tora - 5

Great episode. So we now have a badass father that kills demons while looking for the one that killed his wife and kid. Those characters always make things more interesting. I'm wondering if the one who did is like some kind of darker version of Tora, judging from the fact that it looked similar to him.

Speaking of Tora, good to see him getting some progress on not killing Ushio. Those hamburgers sure are effective!

If you watch streaming anime through any of the following services, what's your opinion of their streaming player / stream quality / subtitle quality / etc? Please also mention whatever platform you're using (PC, mobile device, PS4, XB1...) since there might be variances between platforms even for the same service.

- Crunchyroll
- Funimation
- Daisuki
- Hulu
- Netflix
- Viewster
- AnimeLab

- Crunchyroll
[PS4, great but always cuts off the last 30 seconds of an episode]
[Android Phone, episodes are on a >72hr delay]
[Kindle Fire HD, not really HD, same >72 hr delay]
- Funimation
[PS4, great but that constant slight buffering]
[PC, Perfect in HD, though weirdly cuts out after hours of watching, media player will be all black]
[Android, perfect]
- Daisuki
[PC, great when it uses local ads, annoying when it doesnt. NOT HD. ]
- Hulu
[SHARP AQUOS APP, Perfect but clunky interface]
[Android, Looks HD, love the white subs]
[PC, yellow subs :/, great for when CR is hammered for aniplex anime]
-Youtube
BEST OVERALL on ALL PLATFORMS

Narag

- Crunchyroll
- Funimation
- Daisuki
- Hulu
- Netflix
- Viewster
- AnimeLab

CR on PS3 has been great for me on off-hours like early mornings, bad during evenings.

Netflix on PS3 is exceptional and easy for marathoning shows.

Futurecard Buddyfight:100 (Hundred) Episode 17 EngDub

Why Sofia have to impersonate Death Shido like that, he is unable to be copied. I wanted him instead though
finally she loses again

Tasuku dressed and rapping as TetsuYO was the best.

Cornbread78

- Crunchyroll
- Funimation
- Daisuki
- Hulu
- Netflix
- Viewster
- AnimeLab

Crunchyroll on Vita is great (best by far, dat oled)! PS4 and Android app is pretty good also.

Hulu is second for me, but PS4/Vita apps only work work with +membership. Android free app works well.

Quasar

Soma 17 - Glad to see this wasnt skipped. Really nice to see Nikumi front and center rather than little more than a cameo. And it just reminds me of my mediocre attempts at karage, which had a way simpler marinade.

Ushio to Tora 5

fY05Loq.jpg

Ayako is Best girl.

Great episode. Ayako was shown to care about Ushio and helped him take responsibility. It nice having a heroine not being dense. A interesting character was introduced and will most likely come up later on in the series. He's a pretty strong Exorcist being able to handle Tora. Speaking of Tora he seemed to have mellowed out a bit.

Who would of thought a hamburger would save Ushio's life.

Quasar

CR on PS3 has been great for me on off-hours like early mornings, bad during evenings.

Netflix on PS3 is exceptional and easy for marathoning shows.

Well crunchyroll has always been great for me whether I use browser, ios or ps3/4. With android in the past there was this weird thing where I'd try to watch some shows and it said they'd need to ready the show for me or some such. It was weird.

Animelab has been fine on ios and android. I have issue with some subs though as they don't do their own and are stuck with whatever they are given. For instance I have seen some old back catalogue stuff thats got vobsubs which are awful.

JulianImp

- Crunchyroll
- Funimation
- Daisuki
- Hulu
- Netflix
- Viewster
- AnimeLab

I use CR on my PC and Mac regularily, and tried the service once on Android (phone and tablet) and watch some stuff occasionally on my iPod Touch. Android looked a bit weird and had bad quality for viewing on a tablet (it was a while ago, though, so they might've upgraded the stream quality), but other than that all of them were good enough.

I also tried the app one time on WiiU before they let non-registered users watch stuff through the app, and it worked fine as well.

Regarding subs, I have noticed a couple typos here and there, but the translations have all been okay so far. There's a weird glitch I keep seeing when I simulstream as soon as an episode is available, which forces me to reload the video in order to see the subtitles.

fertygo

Ushio no Tora - 05

Jebus the fight between Hyou and Tora
last one day, one night long
.. easy way to tell the dude is one hell of badass

Soma - 17

GUkt9zP.jpg
vc4uBs7.jpg

Classmate A is great character, why one of Soma's tenant aside nekkid senpai can't be as good..

But really this show reaction face is the frigging best

Also I enjoy all those delicious meat moment, god bless meat.

Sterok

Aikatsu 80

Akari is by far the best addition to the show since season 2 started. I would not mind her taking over the show. She is endearing in her weakness. Especially how she stumbles during the dances. That's one heck of a boot-camp for middle schoolers. Not sure how wise it is to give them chainsaws. Ichigo has some crazy strength to cut down a tree by herself. Season 2 has been weaker than the first season for the most part (mostly since the Dream girls are fine, but not that great), but Akari can pull it back up.

cajunator

Banned
I was once surfing TVTropes and ran across the Nekomimi Mode song. Now I can't help but remember it whenever I see any anime characters with cat ears. That kind of aesthetic doesn't happen too often in shows I tend to watch so I can avoid remember the song, but then you guys had to post all those nekomimi pictures...

its by Dmitri in Paris. A very memorable opening. One of the best!

Yeah this is the old proposed cover:

Ewww. It doesnt work without the slipcase at all. Looks cheap.

Soma 17

the only complaint I have is they changed the ED. Thats literally the only thing. Soma is phenomenal.

- Crunchyroll
- Funimation
- Daisuki
- Hulu
- Netflix
- Viewster
- AnimeLab

Crunchy - watch on PC frequently, PS3 occasionally. Its prone to freezing and stutters but still the most reliable.

Funimation - sometimes doesnt load right on pc. Its not as bad as some say.

Daisuki -I dont use this a lot

Hulu -dont use

Netflix -Terrible anime selection. Absolutely nothing to watch. Cancelled my subscription.

Viewster -What is this?

Animelab -What?

fertygo

Too bad the manga will have better animation

Going to remain optimistic but I think my comment about the manga having better animation will actually be true, lol

these post irk me more than I should, so I'll pull a 7th litlle bit

The anime maybe won't providing consistent high detail fidelity as the manga does, but there should've few sakuga cut by experienced animator that better than Murata ever pull (well he not full-fledged animator afterall)

Syrinx

Aikatsu 80

Akari is by far the best addition to the show since season 2 started. I would not mind her taking over the show. She is endearing in her weakness. Especially how she stumbles during the dances. That's one heck of a boot-camp for middle schoolers. Not sure how wise it is to give them chainsaws. Ichigo has some crazy strength to cut down a tree by herself. Season 2 has been weaker than the first season for the most part (mostly since the Dream girls are fine, but not that great), but Akari can pull it back up.

Then you're in for some good news.

Squishy3

these post irk me more than I should, so I'll pull a 7th litlle bit

The anime maybe won't providing consistent high detail fidelity as the manga does, but there should've few sakuga cut by experienced animator that than Murata ever pull (well he not full-fledged animator afterall)
Don't really remember the order of events, but interested to see how they do the first fight against Sonic. That's fairly early.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Symphogear GX 5 did the thing where
they focused on a character's face for 10 seconds before revealing what happens afterwards, and it immediately reminded me of that moment from Non Non Biyori last year. You're sort of conditioned by quick cuts so often that when a camera lingers on something for longer than a few seconds, it just stands out as an unusual and important moment... which is of course pays off right after. It's funny because in anime form, you see a lot motionless cuts anyway to save money, but for something like you have to try to put money into animating the face so that it conveys the emotion you want without it seeming artificial. Just interesting to see anyway, although I'm kind of tired of the Symphogear heroes losing and then regaining their powers at this point.

Spoilery reference image here: http://i.imgur.com/92mEFETl.png

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 3

Wave Motion Gun too OP. It literally blew up a whole continent with ease. I liked how they animated the warping, it looked pretty great.

Also the Gamillias look like Humans.

Yamato uses Star Trek aliens AKA humans with 1 funny feature

Yamato also uses pretty much the same explanation as Star Trek for why that is, too.

Jarmel

Banned
Ushio to Tora 3-5

The only reason I'm watching it at this point is because of Tora. I really don't find the material compelling on its own merits. That said, I thought episode 5 was the strongest of the first five.

Sterok

Aikatsu 81-82

The yuri is being laid on really thick here. Thicker than usual. Ichigo/Seira and Kaede/Yurika are the big culprits. The pairings actually do work out. Except Ran/Sora. Sora is kind of a bore. Nice to see Sakura's roommate in action. This show needs more punk. Raichi and Noelle have grown. Still waiting for someone to knock Mizuki off her throne.

Then you're in for some good news.

Hm. I still enjoy Ichigo and Aoi, but there's really not much more for them to do other than take on Mizuki. They've been on top nearly the entire time, and it's getting hard for them to create believable challenges for Ichigo and crew.

Shokugeki no Soma 17

Not Tadokoro and Meat are entertaining to watch, as other have said this is the weakest arc but it's still fairly enjoyable. It's too bad that friend of not tadokoro isn't a regular character she'd be great... or at least we need one of the d-tier students from the Polar Star dorm to start pushing Tadokoro this way.

Linkark07

Banned
Fate/kaleid liner prisma illya 2wei herz! EP 2

Awesome episode. It was hard to not laugh hard while watching it (was in work).

Regardless of universe, Emiya will always have a harem behind him.

todd360

Soma 17

Didn't know this was supposed to be an uninteresting arc until now. I thought it was a fun episode. Meat girl was there. They were making chicken nuggets. Whats not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom