• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digimon Tri PV: https://youtu.be/vIGcjZ2nxbI
Damn that fight at the end looks cool.

Gotta be honest, that preview poster with those high level digimon looks good but...high level badass Digimon seriously aren't what I'm looking for to get pulled in. Sure, those will be there but give me something more thematically engaging.

As far as the video is concerned, I still can't stand the majority of the human character designs and that's a real downer, however the digimon look great and let's just hope the animation quality will not fall to far off from this preview either.

Jex

I wonder if they just don't have much of a story, so you do your typical arc so that in episode 7, you can actress deal with "new stuff". That way, they only need to think about what they're doing for 6 episodes instead of all 12.

I certainly feel like they're doing their best to stretch 6 episodes worth of plot into 12. It's very, er, noticeable.

Acosta

Ushio To Tora is sooooooo good, I'm glad to have great shonen like this.

Soma was great as usual, lovely interaction between characters.

And because I hate myself the other day I checked Hunter x Hunter manga new arc, it realy pains me too see the series not continuing. The new arc looked fascinating. I watched some of my favorite parts of the anime after that to make it the pain more exquisite.

cinderella girls 16

ZDOGYn9.jpg
So when is Producer going to get the shit fired out of him for going over the new boss lady's head? Because I know that fucking episode is coming and the girls are going the fuck off when it does?

Hattori

Banned
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY OMG OMG OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I LOVE YOU SHAFT HAVE MY BABIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
lol

duckroll

Psycho-Pass the Movie

What's worse than Urobuchi's cringe worthy dialogue compromised of characters quoting from literature and philosophy? Try listening to that shit in awkward English voiced by Japanese actors. The "English" dialogue in the film is seriously awful, and there's quite a lot of it. Really puzzling choice, but I guess they figured the Japanese audience won't know the difference. :p

In terms of narrative structure and consistency, this is probably the best Psycho-Pass has ever been. It's a more focused story which doesn't go exactly the way that is expected, even though quite a fair bit of it is telegraphed. It's not exactly a great story, and the way it handles political forecasting for Asia in the future is quite laughable, which isn't surprising for a Japanese film, but overall it has the sharper tone of the first season, without the nonsensical self-parody of the second season, with some pretty decent production values, all wrapped in a tighter package that doesn't quite drag. Fans of the first season and the characters in the series will probably find little to complain about here, other than the usual baggage which comes with the franchise.

One thing I completely cannot buy though, is how amazing Kogami's fighting skills are. In the first season he was a good fighter for a cop, and clearly trains himself physically, but there was no indication that he was some sort of super skilled martial artist who can hold his own against all odds. Yet here he's able to match the skills of not just a whole unit of ex-special forces mercenaries who have been military trained, but they're cybernetically enhanced too. Lol.

Jarmel

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma-17

I actually like this arc so far. It's like real world application of school skills. The station store manager is also pretty funny, preventing the arc from feeling too draggy or boring.

MSMrRound

Symphogear GX Episode 5

BAYONET CHAAAAARGE. Hyped for possibly TsubasaXChris duet's being used next week.

For those that are saying that Symphogear GX's been plodding along...well...you guys are right.

Symphogear usually kick things into high gear towards the later end of the season though, so I'm not too worried about that.

Damn. I'm really tempted to book a ticket for next year's Symphogear Live at the Nipppon Budokan. Radiant Force is still the best song of the season so far though.

Shokugeki No Soma 17

I'm pleased that the Kaarage arc is animated, and kinda surprised they aren't going to settle it in one episode. Oh well. That leaves plenty of time for foreshadowing etc next week though. Hopefully they don't break the chapters down so slowly that they are going to animate
Souma and Tadokoro helping Ishiiki with the kids

cj_iwakura

Wait, is the Psycho Pass movie original or an adaptation? The latter trend needs to die.

Also, is the Death Note on CR new? All I know about are the films.

Sterok

Aikatsu 91

So they are mixing up Aikatsu 8. On one hand that keeps things interesting. On the other hand I don't care for Sora and Mikuru, so it's not even close to as good as Star Anis. Well that was inevitable.

There is something odd about the Constellation Dresses though. There are 12 Constellations being used, but the characters used for them are Ichigo, Aoi, Ran, Mizuki, Seira, Kii, Sora, Maria, Otome, Yurika, and Mikuru. That's 11, with no one available to take the 12th spot. Sakura and Kaede are redundant, Akari isn't an option, and lol Shion. Not sure if something will come from this.

I can only imagine if the manga is much more detailed. Visually, they made it brutal enough, lol.

Wakaba * Girl ep.5
Our weekly short dose of cuteness. Gotta love them rich girls.
the bandits drag a bunch of naked corpses of villagers in via horses and decapiitates the head of a woman and throw it at the crowd. Turns out it's the wife of the guy who breaks down and charges the bandits.
all while Piña can only look on in horror

Cornbread78

Prison School ep. 4
Damn, the show is like a train wreck that you can't look away from, lol. Nice misunderstanding towards the end of the episode, it's a
shame she found the uniform and VP busted up the plan, but that was to be expected, lol.
Best bro is best bro, I wonder if his half of the mission will be a success.

the bandits drag a bunch of naked corpses of villagers in via horses and decapiitates the head of a woman and throw it at the crowd. Turns out it's the wife of the guy who breaks down and charges the bandits.
all while Piña can only look on in horror

Oh wow, I can see why they cut that out if the anime then.

John Blade

Look like the show is starting to pick up now. This episode is done very well. You see all the fun stuff the secondary characters in the show goes through in this spa location. The main meat of this show is coming down to Tina, Aoi, and Kaoru.

You found out more about Tina past and how she didn't manage to make too much friend when she was in Japan for 10 years and how she felt she is Japanese when she was an American outside. Also, she also feel the same way when she meet Kaoru in the University for the 1st time and seeing him remind her past. It make her feel she need to be with Kaoru which mean she does have some feeling toward him but never tell as of now. This make Kaoru to realize how much she was there for him in that trouble time in his life and thank her for it. Kinda sweet.

Unfortunately, the end of the episode you found out that Tina might be leaving to US sooner than later which will most likely bring up an incident that Kaoru have to tell her the truth of his relationship of Aoi. This will be heart breaking and will affect Tina more as she felt she can be with Kaoru.

Will see where this goes in the next episode.

Defuser

The only purpose of that scene was to show that the "training" she did with the bot earlier in the movie pays off. Lol.

Hence pointless because she didn't get any chance to use it against anybody except Kogami. The butch kept her down while Kogami gets all the action glory.

Edit:
Hang on...it does make sense Kogami can fight off cybernetic mercenaries since he practice on those training bots when he working as a enforcer which probably hits harder depending on what settings he had on.

John Blade

Very touching episode as this is where Tina leave the family she with in Japan and go back to US to her parent. Kinda sad to see her crying and wishing she can stay back in Japan after she finish her College study. Also, I guess She might know now that they is a connection between Aoi and Kaoru in one scene but don't know if she think of that as they're in love or if Aoi will take care of Kaoru. Hard to say.

The whole scene when Tina got her new digital camera and ask everyone to dress up for a photo shoot is weird and funny. Didn't expected everyone goes through with this plan....but yea, they did and what we got is just people dress up....

Overall, very touching and sad. We now see Tina leave the family she love to be in and they is one more episode of where this show will go to. Hope it end this show in a positive tune.

2min into the Psycho-Pass movie and I'm seriously considering just stopping here knowing there's plenty more of this terrible Engrish. Whatever the reasons and circumstances for the almost complete and utter lack of decently English speaking Japanese voice actors is, this just sucks.

OceanBlue

Hearing about English in anime movies just makes me want to watch the K-On movie again. Not to say that that's the only movie with English VAs. I just want to rewatch the K-On movie lol.

OceanBlue

That was pretty good actually, it was super awkward though.

I remember the intonations being a bit strange, but I don't remember feeling that awkward about it. At least, I don't remember it being like some anime where they hire English speakers and have them speak nonsensical English gibberish lol. What did you find awkward about it?

JulianImp

The only purpose of that scene was to show that the "training" she did with the bot earlier in the movie pays off. Lol.

That scene could also mirror Kogami's training with the sparring bot in the first season as well.

2min into the Psycho-Pass movie and I'm seriously considering just stopping here knowing there's plenty more of this terrible Engrish. Whatever the reasons and circumstances for the almost complete and utter lack of decently English speaking Japanese voice actors is, this just sucks.

Engrish in anime is oh so annoying. It doesn't help that most Japanese VAs appear to be really bad at it, but it feels like the scriptwriters should write around that more often to avoid all the awkward scenes that come from it.

I remember the intonations being a bit strange, but I don't remember feeling that awkward about it. At least, I don't remember it being like some anime where they hire English speakers and have them speak nonsensical English gibberish lol. What did you find awkward about it?

It was not the delivery of the lines. It was just that it sounded very out of place since I was used to everyone speaking Japanese lol. I didn't really mind it though.

The whole movie actually did a really good job of capturing an European city, I've never been to London myself but while I was watching it I got the same feeling that I get when I visit a major city in Europe myself, It's something that I always appreciated about the film.

OceanBlue

Oh my god lol.
It was not the delivery of the lines. It was just that it sounded very out of place since I was used to everyone speaking Japanese lol. I didn't really mind it though.

The whole movie actually did a really good job of capturing an European city, I've never been to London myself but while I was watching it I got the same feeling that I get when I visit a major city in Europe myself, It's something that I always appreciated about the film.

Oh, I see what you mean. It was a bit strange to get used to when the first person started talking. It's nice to hear appreciation for the movie's portrayal of London. I haven't been to London, or even Europe, so I kinda just have to assume they got it right lol.

Charlotte 5

And the gears begin to turn...

There was actually a lot of foreshadowing and events that happened in this episode that I feel will be looked back on as pivotal moments that shape the future episodes of this show. There's was a pretty great vocal track in the middle that I really wanted to hear more from.

duckroll

You haven't even gotten to the "good" part yet, where they start quoting in English!

:(

John Blade

Holy shit again with the Japanese dub of trying to speak broken engrish in the beginning scene of this episode. They should get a Japanese voice actor/ actress who can speak decent English or else it sound very terrible. I guess the English dub fix this issue quick.

Yup, this is the last episode of this season. I have to say, it end as positive as you can be. Tina came back from the US to her family she always want to be with after few months in her home country. Basically, she realize that even though she love her mom and dad, her true family is from Japan which she live for a while. Everyone is happy that she come back and it look like she will stay on after graduation based on the impression the audience feel.

I guess, this is the best way to end this show as now everyone is now happy in their life and try accomplish something (hell...even Miyabi is dating with the caretaker of Mayu). A somewhat fitting ending of the entire series.

So, as for the show, my final thought......I have to say this is maybe the best season for Ai Yori Aoshi.....naw just joking. To tell the truth, it's an okay season. Not that bad but not that good. I guess the major issue I have for this show is they're is a lot of character development between the supporting characters in this show than on the main one we want to follow. Not saying this is bad thing as I don't mind to see more development with the supporting character. The issue I have with the supporting characters are not all are very interesting to see.

For example, I don't really care too much for Chika and Mayu arch. For Chika, she came into the story near the end of season 1 which make it harder for me to follow her as they isn't much to start with (unless you're in lolli stuff). For Mayu, her personality is something that annoy me a bit. Her 1st flashback story of her past make me feel a bit toward her but because she is annoying when she is come into the scene, I don't really care too much (even when they try it again in this season).

I guess, Tina and Taeko characer arch might be the only one I pay attention a bit and even then, Tina one work well and you can see they put tons of time on her arch story in this season.

I think if they try to bring all the new support character at the very beginning of the 1st season, they might be a chance you will follow all the character arch much better than what we got. Even so, their personality is something we need to like or else you don't care about them.

Another big issue I have with this show is the zero progress in Aoi and Kaoru relationship past the first arc. I did post this in my impression but I might post it here again as it's also important and one of the bigger issue with this show. In the entire show, they isn't much progress of the love relationship between the main characters. What's worst, this season took place 2 years after the season 1 end and they isn't any progress in the relationship at all. You think they already tell all their friend about it but nope.

Also, I was expecting this season was trying to progress their relationship but that didn't happened. Yes, they is one episode in which both of the main characters push the relationship forward but that is very littler to go. Also, by the end of this season, both of them still pretend to be just friend even though they're engaged. They're didn't answer all the minor questions which we have betwen Aoi and Kaoru which still annoyed me a bit here.

I guess, if you want to finish the entire show story, you might need to read the manga to found out. Just wondering if anyone did read the manga, is it worth the effort to read it so you know what have happened? I guess the manga will answer some of the questions I have on this show but need to ask myself if it's worth it.

Overall, this is an okay show. Kinda disappointed the show mostly push into talking about the side characters arch than what we want the most, Aoi and Kaoru love arch. I still think I won't recommend this anime for now but I think it might be better if you just go read the manga as I have a hunch, it might be better.

Will wait for anyone who have read the manga and inform me if it's worth it.

Mandelbo

You know, even though the English voice actor clearly isn't very good here, I still prefer a bad English voice actor to a Japanese voice actor who may otherwise be good but can't speak English - especially if there's a heavy focus on it. It feels like they put more effort in to make the setting more authentic, even if the end result still sounds off. The first episode of Eden of the East genuinely surprised me when the American police officers were actually voiced by Americans (can't find a clip of it though.)

Qurupeke

Charlotte 5

The little sister is so going to die. Death flag is up. I almost want this to happen.

Anyway, the episode wasn't bad but still a bit boring. The confrontation with the flying man was a bit short but at least they potentially set it as the main character having to use the ability of the people he possesses. Maybe eventually someone will have a saving grace ability with lethal side effects and he'll take the mantle. Also, I love Tomori's planning.

Also, more hints at the brother. I'm sure that he's Charlotte or is connected to whatever Charlotte is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom