• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Isuca ep.1-2
I love finding random shows that I've never heard of or seen before to watch, lol. This is another fanservice driven show, however, this does have an interesting plot to follow at least. We'll see where they go with the story, but our MC already is starting to build a mini harem of chicks (even a cat eared chick right up Cajun's alley.

How do we even know that Cat-Kun is telling the truth? He's the most ambiguous and untrustworthy person there, no one has ever heard of his ass but his word is law? At least send someone to verify his statements

Hans being the fake would be way too obvious and would be one of the worst mistakes a good writer would make. Only Freddy and Daphne in Scooby Doo would fall for choosing him.

World Trigger Episode 40

Episodes be way too short. I was hoping much of the fight would be this episode, but then they did go all out with the stage and strategy explanation which felt way more detailed that Ashihara did in the manga.

Hanzaki got good moments same for Midorikawa.
CLW3zdXWgAAGyt6.png
CLW8fbSW8AAleDG.png

Shouta

Makes sense considering some of the in-jokes. I figured he was either ex-JSDF or hired a military adviser.

The commentary on the actual military equipment was what made me realize and then someone told me about this fact. It makes a lot of sense because of how matter of fact he depicts the military in the show, especially compared to other works involving the military.

huh, didn't know that but that makes perfect sense.

Kinda makes this series a bit more enjoyable tbh.

Having read farther, it's pretty enjoyable. It's interesting because it's not all military related but has more to do with the dynamics of 21st century civilization interacting with Medieval civilization. There's a pretty decent part later in the series dealing with the economic ramifications of what happens too, which was interesting.

The manga is way more graphic though and definitely doesn't pull punches. So the anime is much more digest-able for a general audience. I think the most questionable part outside of the first 5 eps is coming up in the next episode or two.

Rokka 4-5

Pretty great episodes. Things are heating up when the twist was finally revealed. It seems Adlet got himself in a tight spot even though we the audience already know he isn't the fake since we saw him in his perspective. I loving how everyone is suspicious of each other. Still I wonder how they are going to get out of the Barrier.

Kenstar

Hans being the fake would be way too obvious and would be one of the worst mistakes a good writer would make. Only Freddy and Daphne in Scooby Doo would fall for choosing him.

Hiding in plain sight

You're prob. right, but It'd also mean that by defending another he would be seen as impossible to be the imposter. If Flamie was killed and later they find they actually DO have an impostor, he'd be in the clear as he defended her back then. It looks better to be seen defending others and accusing others, rather than only accusing others. Never write off any suspects in cases like these (except MC's for obvious reasons), and he seems to have done a great job of getting himself written off, by others and the audience.

The fact that everyone fights together in the OP means that all this thinking is proibably for nothing and the traitor won't be addressed until the last episode, if at all (The goddess decided to make 7 this time because of reasons)

Cornbread78

Shimoneta ep.5
Man, you have to feel for poor innocent Anna with her special cookies. Takashi just needs to accept her pure love. C'mon dude, she's just learning, you have to be the sensei here, lol. The show continues to be entertaining and fun

Shimoneta 5

So is it just me or has Anna become the best part of the show? She's helping make what is a surprisingly good comedy into a great one. More of her please.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Question anime folk. Someone just showed me a picture on Facebook of some silver haired girl telling some guy she likes she put her "Love Nectar" in his cookies and he ate them. Is that a current anime running right now?

Working!!! 5

I mean like all other working episodes it's decent, but it's by far the weakest this season. Funny because as far as development goes a lot happened, but I just felt the pacing and transition between the different locations and characters actually ended up removing the tension to the point that when it came back to it you didn't really feel t.

Rokka No Yuusha 5

This show has been surprisingly enjoyable so far. I mean they haven't gone the route many other generic fantasy anime would have gone. I mean sure, little girl with silly jrpg outfit and guy who keeps saying NYAAA outside. As far as episode goes it's a decent one. Unfortunately if you watch any television and/or can think logically from another's shoes it was obvious that
they were going to accuse him second for one reason or another. He was the first person on the scene and surprisingly there was like no evidence of any of the shit he said
. We'll how they go from here but I feel it'll likely end up where
he separates from the group as they all think he's the traitor, he goes off on his own and eventually they figure out who the real traitor is

So yeah. While the show can be predictable it is still being done very well. Even if the episode went nowhere outside of pointing fingers elsewhere.

So I didn't see this posted here yet, and I thought it looked pretty cool, the first key visual for the Digimon Adventure Tri movie, out in November the 21st:

Still pretty bummed that this isn't a series, but whatever. If this means that we will get a higher quality product I am in. The fact that we are getting that Digimon game next year on the PS4/Vita has me hyped up for the series again.

What a beautiful picture. I'm amazed.

Mushishi 26 END

A lowkey and a bit weird ending, in that Ginko had less to do here than usually and most of the episode too place when he was still a kid and in process shed some more light on his past. I do hope there will eventually be another episode featuring the Mushi that away his eye. I will be jumping straight into Zoku and maybe write something more substantial there(Though I dunno Mushishi is this weird show that mostly leaves me bereft of coherent things to say about it.) but this was just a real treat and as far as the more episodic, non-comedic shows go, one I enjoyed the most. It could have easily become repetitive and dull but the source material keeps things varied, inventive and isn't afraid to repeatedly pull the rug from under the viewer expecting a happy ending. I've seen Ginko described as infallible and while this was my fear too at the beginning, I don't think I can agree. He stumbles or is unable to deal with the situation quite a few times and even when he manages to fix the Mushi problem, he's incapable of healing the impact it already had on the villages the Mushi plagued. One thing that bothered me a bit was the reuse of some of the OST and sound effects in specific moments. Nothing that really impaired my enjoyment though. I think episodes 06, 09,11,12, 19, 25 were my personal highs but outside of maybe 3/4 weaker outings, they all kept to very elevated standards. Good stuff.

For me Zoku pretty much just continued the trend of Mushishi becoming even more enjoyable. For such an episodic series with a sort of generic structure that's really something special. As you've pointed out several times beforehand, the details of the stories aren't really that predictable and thus it remains engaging. Additionally I think I've just really grown to like the tranquil nature of Mushishi. I do however think the storytelling did get slightly better along the way, too.

JulianImp

Charlotte - EP5

It strikes me as odd that they chose to recruit the MC and Yusarin, but that all characters that showed up after them were kept as one-shot appearances. Meeting a new teenager with special powers each week and wrapping everything up in a single episode feels wasteful, and kind of conflicts with the character-building sequences that the stable cast has. It's also still weird that the MC has changed from a Light wannabe into a fairly generic righteous anime protagonist after a single episode, since it felt like easing his character development a bit more could've resulted in more interesting scenes as he began opening up to the others and slowly stopped being a selfish jerk.

Regarding imouto-chan, I don't really feel like the show does anything interesting with her. On top of her flat character that only interacts with the MC, all scenes that have her in it are full of off-putting overly cutesy speech patterns nano desu. Her current characterization as the MC's moe little sister who keeps putting pizza sauce on everything isn't quite cutting it for me.

Hyouka - 9

KyoAni, I know you already did a Phoenix Wright reference in Haruhi, but this episode was just begging to have one.

I was half-expecting someone to yell: "Objection!" throughout the entire thing.

If anyone here will actually get all emotional from Charlotte later down the line...

I don't know, watch all of Mushishi or sth. to see how proper tragic stories are written. This Key drivel needs to end.

Phatmac

If anyone here will actually get all emotional from Charlotte later down the line...

I don't know, watch all of Mushishi or sth. to see how proper tragic stories are written. This Key drivel needs to end.
Eh, let's wait till it ends in order to see if it all works out in the end. I do agree that it's been rather weak in regard to their previous works.

So many of you seem to be watching Shimontea so I just watched the first two episodes...

Jesus christ what did I just get into.

Fate Kaleid Liner PRISMA ILYA 2wei Herz! - 02

Best anime of the season keeps being the best.

Seriously, this is so damn funny.

ibyea

Banned
Akagi 17-25
My brother and I joked that if Akagi got the Death Note even L would be screwed. Dude is crazy.

Also lol at all those cheesy overextended metaphors.

It fascinates me how there's little to no middle ground when it comes to KEY.

You either really love their shows, or you really despise them.

This is kind of the reason why I keep my distance from KEY shows nowadays. I feel like I'd have to take a side.

If I watch one of their shows and DARE to anything positive about them, I'll be labelled as an inferior KEY lover who has terrible taste in anime by the community. I'd be put on people's ignore lists. My opinion on anything would be automatically rendered invalid. Although I may really enjoy shows like G Gundam, Madoka Magica, Kino's Journey, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Gurren Lagann, Gunbuster, and Evangelion, that will not matter at all. My taste will still be labelled as shit and I will be still be called a bad person because I enjoyed something about a KEY show.

On the other hand though, if I say something really negative about a KEY show, some nice people I'm friends with probably won't want to be friends with me anymore.

I wish we could enjoy the anime that we liked without having to worry about being judged, mocked, scorned, and hated. :(

e_i

Ultimate Otaku Teacher episode 17

Koutaro again? They've spent a lot of time with him. The English dub gives him a really girlish voice.

JulianImp

Gatchaman Crowds Insight - EP5

The themes this show tackles are really interesting, which is one of the things I like the most about Gatchaman Crowds. It's a bit sad that the visual production aren't quite up to par to my expectations, but at least the 3D's actually decent, unlike Rokka.

This episode tackled how public opinion can be easily swayed by the media, as the Millione show and other news programs constantly undermined the current prime minister, all while further pushing their agenda by promoting Gelsadra. Berg-Katze being able to take over Hajime at times might prove a plot point later, and the upcoming conflict that's brewing from Gelsadra favoring a hive-mind mentality is fairly obvious. Hopefully the show keeps up the pace, since it could certainly go to places.

Cornbread78

This is kind of the reason why I keep my distance from KEY shows nowadays. I feel like I'd have to take a side.

If I watch one of their shows and DARE to anything positive about them, I'll be labelled as an inferior KEY lover who has terrible taste in anime by the community. I'd be put on people's ignore lists. My opinion on anything would be automatically rendered invalid. Although I may really enjoy shows like G Gundam, Madoka Magica, Kino's Journey, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Gurren Lagann, Gunbuster, and Evangelion, that will not matter at all. My taste will still be labelled as shit and I will be still be called a bad person because I enjoyed something about a KEY show.

On the other hand though, if I say something really negative about a KEY show, some nice people I'm friends with probably won't want to be friends with me anymore.

I wish we could enjoy the anime that we liked without having to worry about being judged, mocked, scorned, and hated. :(

Or you could just be like:

https://youtu.be/R2YrTxfbToM

Seriously though, there are a lot of people here that hate SAO and "Keyshit" as well as half the other stuff I enjoyed watching, but I'll keep on watching it because it's something for me. I'm already an enigma when it comes to anime fans, so don't let what other people think about what you're watching or enjoying bother you, lol.

Now Charlotte is another story, I'll write up my review of ep.5 in a moment, but unfortunately, it's too early to tell for this one, plus it's not your normal Keyshit so far, but imouto & next week. ..

Anyway, just enjoy what you like and don't worry about those that don't like it. It's better to be true to yourself. Just have fun with your hobby, lol.

Don't worry about it NMan. We will always be friends. If people criticize you for your opinion pay them no heed. I am in your corner. ;)

That being said...

Hyouka - 9

KyoAni, I know you already did a Phoenix Wright reference in Haruhi, but this episode was just begging to have one.

I was half-expecting someone to yell: "Objection!" throughout the entire thing.

How dare you!!!

Just kidding. :p

Hopefully your understanding the pacing of the show and are settling into it. This arc is just too good. :)

Edit: Also this is the best episode of anime this week. :p

kewlmyc

Charlotte - EP5

It strikes me as odd that they chose to recruit the MC and Yusarin, but that all characters that showed up after them were kept as one-shot appearances. Meeting a new teenager with special powers each week and wrapping everything up in a single episode feels wasteful, and kind of conflicts with the character-building sequences that the stable cast has. It's also still weird that the MC has changed from a Light wannabe into a fairly generic righteous anime protagonist after a single episode, since it felt like easing his character development a bit more could've resulted in more interesting scenes as he began opening up to the others and slowly stopped being a selfish jerk.

Regarding imouto-chan, I don't really feel like the show does anything interesting with her. On top of her flat character that only interacts with the MC, all scenes that have her in it are full of off-putting overly cutesy speech patterns nano desu. Her current characterization as the MC's moe little sister who keeps putting pizza sauce on everything isn't quite cutting it for me.

They made her as cute as possible so you feel sad when she dies.

Quasar

Seriously though, there are a lot of people here that hate SAO and "Keyshit" as well as half the other stuff I enjoyed watching, but I'll keep on watching it because it's something for me. I'm already an enigma when it comes to anime fans, so don't let what other people think about what you're watching or enjoying bother you, lol.

Me too. Doesn't stop me from watching and liking what I like. I'm mature enough to not judge people for media they like or dislike.

As for key, I'm mixed on it all. Some I liked (after story, kanon), others I dropped quickly (angel beats), and others I lost interest in part way through (little busters). Charlotte got put on the watch later list after episodes 1 & 2 did not grab me quickly.

Tuck

Soma - 17
Amazing episode, so funny. Show is an absolute joy.

Ushio to Tora -5
Continues to be fun though I'm getting a little past Tora's "I'm gonna kill you!" shtick.

Rokka - 5
Basically one big conversation but it was very enjoyable seeing them try to piece it all together. My money is on the princess being the bad guy. Flame's VA is horrible. Dunno wf is with the weird camera movements.

JulianImp

They made her as cute as possible so you feel sad when she dies.

Yeah, it's like the scenario writers went through a checklist of moe imouto tropes and tried to check off as many of them as possible, which resulted in a cuteness overflow and an absolutely unnatural character. Imouto reminds me of how Rika behaved through the first part of Higurashi, and I don't think she'll go through nearly as much interesting stuff as Rika did later on.

Mii~

https://youtu.be/R2YrTxfbToM

Now Charlotte is another story, I'll write up my review of ep.5 in a moment, but unfortunately, it's too early to tell for this one, plus it's not your normal Keyshit so far, but imouto & next week. ..

Anyway just enjoy what you like and don't worry about those th as t don't like it. It's better to be true to yourself.

I know I shouldn't care about what other people say, but other people know some really great shows I probably would never have heard about if it weren't for them.

I enjoy discussing about anime in here, and it worries me that I won't be able to because I've been put on people's ignore lists because I enjoyed something out of a KEY show, or anything else that's been commonly deemed as bad.

Don't worry about it NMan. We will always be friends. If people criticize you for your opinion pay them no heed. I am in your corner. ;)

That being said...

How dare you!!!

Just kidding. :p

Hopefully your understanding the pacing of the show and are settling into it. This arc is just too good. :)

Edit: Also this is the best episode of anime this week. :p

Thanks. :)

I'm definitely understanding why the show is paced as it is. I'm interested to see the conclusion to this arc to see why it's praised so much.

Gintama 231

Gintoki/Hijikata episodes are always good.

Ushio to Tora -5
Continues to be fun though I'm getting a little past Tora's "I'm gonna kill you!" shtick

I assume they will find some super strong Youkai and we will get the "TCH, I GUESS I'D RATHER US BOTH LIVE THEN US BOTH DIE" and then they become bros, hamburgers are invovled

Cornbread78

I know I shouldn't care about what other people say, but other people know some really great shows I probably would never have heard about if it weren't for them.
I enjoy discussing about anime in here, and it worries me that I won't be able to because I've been put on people's ignore lists because I enjoyed something out of a KEY show, or anything else that's been commonly deemed as bad.

I think we all give other members a hard time about what their watching or what/who they like from time to time, but it's all in good fun. Just look at all the Yamada fom Working!! comments last week, lol. As long as we keep it in good fun there is no reason for anyone to ignore each other. We are all here to enjoy the same medium and, of course, we are not all going to like the same thing. Some of use just have more similar taste. *wink wink* Names & Ninja, lol. Really though, no worries, I'd expect someone to tell me if I piss them off enough to ignore me first anyhow, lol.

Peace, Love, oh and you favorite anime sucks and your waifu is as butt ugly as she is stupid. Hehehehe.

Charlotte ep.5
I actually really enjoyed this episode and you can feel the changing undertone of the story, especially with the closing scene. Damnit, just what I didn't want to happen. They spent a lot of time quietly forshadowing everything at the campground.

I mean:
a dream with his sister in it, references to loneliness, plus the MC is having personal responses to the emotional tone in music. Hmm.
Also, what was the story with Nao
getting beat up but Yuu not being able to jump in and protect her? You can feel her loneliness from a ways away and maybe a budding relationship with Yuu (about time dammit)

However, I have to admit they are doing a pretty bad job crafting the story and world right now for casual viewers. If this is only a 12 episode series, then they have a ton of work to do in the last few episodes to kick the story. That closing scene, just might be the start of it....

Charlotte - 05

All this episode did was to include a bunch of small plot starters that could be hints for the inevitable drama that needs to start for the end of the show .

Student concil president is alone and bullied ?
What has she done ? what hasn't she done ?

ZHEIND song having some soothing properties ?
Could it be that the composer has powers too ?

Yet again that mysterious 3rd person near the imouto and the MC :
Someone probably used their habilities to make them forget.

Imouto ran out of pizza sauce
and then she suddenly feel ill ? i'm not buying this coincidence.

Imouto couldn't go to the supermarket to buy things ?
What kind of security guard prevent a child from entering a supermarket ? this story is fishy as hell. I'm worried that Imouto has a painfull secret

I'm not even mentionning that " what if " scenario that was discussed near the river .. as for the what can i do with this hability is pointless..since we've already seen what you can do with it in the first ep.

I'm quite worried that the people they warn don't always join the school .i don't get it. Are people made to join the school only those whose life is already too affected by their powers ? Because i'm concerned by the way this show is using their characters.

This episode was better than last week ..i'm ready for your twist , bring it on !

Rokka 5
Woot, new op. Looks like they will be changing op during different arcs.
This time episode is pretty much a set up one. All I can say is that it's going very bloody, and a important part of this mystery has already been shown earlier, and you guys are going to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom