• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Charlotte - 05

This episode was better than last week ..i'm ready for your twist , bring it on !

It's funny how we pocked out almost the same points. A lot of small details in this one brought out in the open. I'm going to cry next week if this shit goes all Nanako on me... uggh. That level with the background music together almost killed me, lol.

Charlotte - 05

All this episode did was to include a bunch of small plot starters that could be hints for the inevitable drama that needs to start for the end of the show .

Student concil president is alone and bullied ?
What has she done ? what hasn't she done ?

ZHEIND song having some soothing properties ?
Could it be that the composer has powers too ?

Yet again that mysterious 3rd person near the imouto and the MC :
Someone probably used their habilities to make them forget.

Imouto ran out of pizza sauce
and then she suddenly feel ill ? i'm not buying this coincidence.

Imouto couldn't go to the supermarket to buy things ?
What kind of security guard prevent a child from entering a supermarket ? this story is fishy as hell. I'm worried that Imouto has a painfull secret

I'm not even mentionning that " what if " scenario that was discussed near the river .. as for the what can i do with this hability is pointless..since we've already seen what you can do with it in the first ep.

I'm quite worried that the people they warn don't always join the school .i don't get it. Are people made to join the school only those whose life is already too affected by their powers ? Because i'm concerned by the way this show is using their characters.

This episode was better than last week ..i'm ready for your twist , bring it on !

I think Tomori only forces people into the school when she feels like they need to be watched over because she doesn't trust and/or doesn't believe they will stop. So far the people she has told and let off seem like people that will actually stop. Yuu doesn't seem like he would stop his ways unless someone keeps a close eye on him. Hence why he's in his situation. Same Yusa as her power is very unpredictable and needs to be watched over.

Oh and that ZHEIND song was rad. I wanta listen to the whole thing. :D

So, due to strange reasons, I've been exposed to some of the Monogatari series this past few weeks, though, I haven't watched any episode yet. Opinions vary, so I decided to turn to you guys, so I could get more perspective on the series before jumping in (if I jump in), and maybe so I would be saving myself or not, thanks.

cajunator

Banned
So, due to strange reasons, I've been exposed to some of the Monogatari series this past few weeks, though, I haven't watched any episode yet. Opinions vary, so I decided to turn to you guys, so I could get more perspective on the series before jumping in (if I jump in), and maybe so I would be saving myself or not, thanks.

1. Its absolutely unique. The characters are well written and memorable

2. Its ecchi as hell

3. The manga ka loooooooves words

4. You might get addicted.

Working !!! - 03
Working%21%21%21%20-%2005.jpg
The expert in love stories is finally the one to break this hopeless situation !!

This season of working is impressive, nearly perfect and everyone at the top of their capacity ....except yamada..

Yamada role is really ...slim this season. in this episode in particular , she doesn't do much. Hopefully next episode will trake care of this aspect as well

Puruzi

Banned
Monogatari is pretty great. If you do watch the series, watch it in release order.

Cornbread78

It's really tough to describe, but I'll try. It's very text heavy in telling the story, has action, mystery, adventure, demi-harem, fanservice and pervyness. In general, it's awesome stuff if you can keep up with the text flow. Like Cajun said, once you get into the story, it's definitely addictive and fun to watch. Once I started, I had to run through all the animated series to get the whole story. Well, the "rest" of the story comes out this fall, yes, get hyyyyyppe!

JulianImp

A couple of things:
  • The series plays with and deconstructs the harem genre in interesting ways. If I had to identify its main elements, I'd single out a mix of comedy and introspection
  • Characters speak to each other. A lot. Thankfully, both the script and the animation work really well to make even one-to-one conversations dynamic and interesting
  • All the characters involved have good chemistry and create interesting situations
  • The plot isn't stuck in preserving the status quo, so you can count on interesting things happening as arcs begin and end
  • Shaft's surrealist art style really gets to shine here
  • There's fanservice at times, which isn't everybody's cup of tea
  • The show gave us Kaiki, therefore it rocks
    (I know, avatar quote)

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Episode 1

Yes, theres nothing more that I like than an anime with KENN as the main character voice, this is going to be an amazing 180 or so episodes with him as Judai.
Manjoume has good faces and expresses and is such a better rival than Kaiba was thus far. Unfortunately much of my GX experience was in the tag force games and select character storylines so I dont know much of the main story plot and outcomes, so this will be a fresh new experience just like 5D's (though I did read a few manga volumes) and Zexal (read the whole manga, saw no anime).

Narag

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 8-12 FIN

Not a lot to say about this one aside from it having some very on-point visual humor and how it's commendable how easily it can borrow from different genres to expand and succeed past just goofy comedy.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Episode 1

Yes, theres nothing more that I like than an anime with KENN as the main character voice, this is going to be an amazing 180 or so episodes with him as Judai.

Manjoume has good faces and expresses and is such a better rival than Kaiba was thus far. Unfortunately much of my GX experience was in the tag force games and select character storylines so I dont know much of the main story plot and outcomes, so this will be a fresh new experience just like 5D's (though I did read a few manga volumes) and Zexal (read the whole manga, saw no anime).

Wait ..are you going to watch all the yugioh series in order ??? are you OK ?

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 5

You know how dangerous Gelsadra is going to be when every antagonist so far agrees on that. lol Anyway, the episode was nice. It was fun seeing the various parties' campaigns. I liked the way they lynched Suguyama and people went after what seemed like the most different choice. We're just entering Gel-kun's reign so the next episodes should be fun. Also, I wonder if Rizumu is going to be good by the end of the season. I mean, even Berg Katze seems to have settled like that. And we still don't know what the Red-Blue-White creatures on the OP are...

Well considering those red-blue-white creatures in the OP look to have the same face as Gelsadra's thought bubbles but in evil monster form I think we can piece together where this is generally going.

Going off the above, the thing I find interesting is that apparently Gelsadra's appearance on other planets has lead to peace on those planets. Perhaps the lynch mob mentality where 60-80% of the population all think the same way regardless of how they think leads to "world peace". Looking forward to seeing the inevitable melt down of Gelsadra when the population turns.

Shimoneta - 05
Shimoneta%20-%2005.jpg

YOu can just hear the sound of his heart breaking ..

Anna
chasing him for love juice was just ... so ... wait i don't have the words .... it's just
...incredible

And that scene on the roof ... what a beautifull madness.

Working!!! 05

I want to say this was a step forward for these two. At least he now knows about how she feels, and it seems like even though he's trying to deny it, he too likes her. Good stuff.

Charlotte 05

I really liked this episode. The humour in this show is good, and today's ability was awesome. I guess the MC can control other people's abilities while he's in their body. I think this is going to play a part in the future. Also now the sister is sick. Don't tell me it's because she didn't cook with the pizza sauce LOL.
I mean WHY did a security guard want to stop her as she was "shopping for ingredients"? Hmmm fishy.

1. Its absolutely unique. The characters are well written and memorable

2. Its ecchi as hell

3. The manga ka loooooooves words

4. You might get addicted.

Monogatari is pretty great. If you do watch the series, watch it in release order.

It's really tough to describe, but I'll try. It's very text heavy in telling the story, has action, mystery, adventure, demi-harem, fanservice and pervyness. In general, it's awesome stuff if you can keep up with the text flow. Like Cajun said, once you get into the story, it's definitely addictive and fun to watch. Once I started, I had to run through all the animated series to get the whole story. Well, the "rest" of the story comes out this fall, yes, get hyyyyyppe!

A couple of things:
  • The series plays with and deconstructs the harem genre in interesting ways. If I had to identify its main elements, I'd single out a mix of comedy and introspection
  • Characters speak to each other. A lot. Thankfully, both the script and the animation work really well to make even one-to-one conversations dynamic and interesting
  • All the characters involved have good chemistry and create interesting situations
  • The plot isn't stuck in preserving the status quo, so you can count on interesting things happening as arcs begin and end
  • Shaft's surrealist art style really gets to shine here
  • There's fanservice at times, which isn't everybody's cup of tea
  • The show gave us Kaiki, therefore it rocks
    (I know, avatar quote)

Sounds like I'll jump in then. The first one is Bakemonogatari right?

Crocodile

Well considering those red-blue-white creatures in the OP look to have the same face as Gelsadra's thought bubbles but in evil monster form I think we can piece together where this is generally going.

Going off the above, the thing I find interesting is that apparently Gelsadra's appearance on other planets has lead to peace on those planets. Perhaps the lynch mob mentality where 60-80% of the population all think the same way regardless of how they think leads to "world peace". Looking forward to seeing the inevitable melt down of Gelsadra when the population turns.

Chaos requires conflict and conflict requires contrary thoughts, ideals and values. A world where everybody thinks and feels the same would indeed likely be a peaceful world. It's just that if you polled any significant population of humans, you'd find that most value free will and free thought over peace.

But yeah, its been kind of obvious where Insight was going this season but its going to be interesting to see how things play out.

Shimoneta 3-5

Holy
FUCK
Anna

Yeah, I watched 1-5 today. Show is fucked up beyond words. But especially Anna.

Shimoneta 1-5

HOLY SHIT I'M DONE I AM SO DONE. THIS ANIME WENT FROM 0 TO 100 REAL QUICK. I LOVE IT HAHAHA

welcome-to-the-junglesmall.jpg

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 5

OvLLKCF.jpg

We Titanic Now.

Well that cliffhanger though damn. It must've sucked for many of you who were watching this while it was airing. Hopefully the Fire Squadron complete their mission successfully.

Also do I see a bit of jealousy coming from Mori.😌 Anyway it was a great episode.

Shimoneta 5

How does this show still continue to be excellent? Usually an ecchi-only show would have ran out of ideas by now, but this show, just wow.

One question though,
where the hell is Gouriki in all this?

Rokka 5

Every week I'm more and more convinced that
Bunny Girl is the 7th Brave, literally everything lines up for her to be the 7th and the series attempts to manipulate the audience into suspecting everyone but her. Adlet literally has a monologue about every other Brave but her about why they could or couldn't be the 7th, she's also the one who sent Adlet ahead alone to the temple which gets him in the predicament of being accused of being the 7th. The group drops suspicion of Flamie for not killing Adelt if she was the 7th and someone could use that to defend Bunnie Girl but I think it's more likely that she planned to use him to further draw suspicion away from her.

Best episode of the series so far, wonder how long they'll be able to keep the status quo before the story is forced to reveal who the 7th is.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 6

oYO1iUu.jpg

If there's one thing I dislike it's smug bastards like this guy right here.😑

So correct me if I'm wrong but the guys on Pluto are former humans that surrendered and now follow the Gamilias. That explains why their skin aren't blue like the others.

The space battles were entertaining to watch especially seeing Kodai's Fire squadron shoot down the enemies. Nice teamwork with Kodai and Rei. Also loved seeing the other crew getting ramped up and acting like thugs while attacking. Great counterattack from Yamato.

Rokka no Yuusha - 05

I figured it out !
There is an 8th person in the barrier.

Also flammie
is suspicious . Wants to torture that one quickly, defeated the demon that was near the door , travelled alone ..not buying it.

Cardfight!! Vanguard: G Episode 33 EngDub
CLX6vQCWwAE1gTR.png

Staff seemed to run out of insults for the characters as after they said Mr Vortex Hair and something about the eyes they just repeated fool and spoiled brat, when they could have have another round.

Good duel
Though Chrono is still stronger than Shion

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You guys are making me want to pick up Shimoneta.
It's crass lowest common denominator junk that appeals to people with short memories who find something new to be "shocked" about every new season of television. It lacks character to make its theme of sexual discovery interesting, and it's not particularly clever on any level either. Visually it's hideous and bland. Some of the worst character design I've seen in a long time. It is the side of anime defined as a product for children who don't know better.

Shimoneta 05

I feel like I should be ashamed when I say that this is the strongest contender for the 1-cour AOTS so far for me (2-cour is Soma, hands down). But I am not. This stuff is good. Anna made a show that was already hilariously awesome into something even better. Also things are going to be fun since he actually joined SOX of his own volition. Oh man, things just keep getting better and better.

Yuusha 05

New OP? Okay sure. Really digged this episode though. This is turning out to be a mystery show too. I'm interested in seeing how whoever activated the barrier pulled the trick off.

jbug617

Banned
Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar 1-13
This is what I watched most of Saturday. It really only got interesting after the invasion happened.

Also Aura is the best girl and then Mexiah

Shimoneta 5
When I first watched this show I had no idea that Anna would turn into this.

Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar 1-13
This is what I watched most of Saturday. It really only got interesting after the invasion happened.

Also Aura is the best girl and then Mexiah
What ? no mention of yukine ? yukine is third place , right ?

RGHT ?
Shimoneta 5
When I first watched this show I had no idea that Anna would turn into this.

the ED contained all the hints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom