• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Shirayuki-hime ep.5
I gotta say I still love the setting and tone of this anime. I can see why some are getting bored with it since it takes that slower approach. Even with that, I really appreciate the comfy and sweet tone it takes, as well as the safe and natural route they are using with the Zen romance. Those two crazy kids really do compliment each other perfectly. Good episode, even if it borders "cheesy" at times.

QODHl0Q.jpg

The wait paid off.

Best mom/older sister Candy Store appeared for half an episode.

And it was great.

John Blade

Texhnolyze 19-22 thoughts

Kus2z9V.png

Jesus Christ. You did it. You destroyed it. You bastards.

Ugh. Well I mean I guess there's a beauty to it. The Mist the anime.

I know that feel man. Watch this show few month ago and yea.....the last episode when you found out everyone you know or admired are now dead and even the flower girl is also convert.....man....that's just depressing in so many level. Also, knowing that you're the last (or maybe the last few) human left in the world is very depressing. You wish it didn't end this way but it did.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 8

Well well the Wave Motion Gun blew a hole threw the Solar Flare, damn Yamato is packing. The Non-Gamilians died but at least they got a promotion and their families are Gamilian status as well.

Lord Desler sure does love playing games.

Cornbread78

Man, I finished adding all those shows to the list. I'll start checking stream availability tomorrow and make even more cuts.

Some interesting choices on that list for sure.

John Blade

Man, I finished adding all those shows to the list. I'll start checking stream availability tomorrow and make even more cuts.

Wish you luck with it. For my list which didn't get cut yet, some of them are hard to get stream and need to go to those anime streaming site as it's uncommon show. Still, wish you luck and will see what the final list you have.

Cornbread78

Wish you luck with it. For my list which didn't get cut yet, some of them are hard to get stream and need to go to those anime streaming site as it's uncommon show. Still, wish you luck and will see what the final list you have.

So far personally, Noragami, Video Girl Ai, Another, and Kids on the Slope would be my leaders, also And Yet The Town Moves. Did a lot of people watch those here?

JulianImp

I'd remove my two bad picks (Black Bullet and No Game No Life). They might be okay for a funny/joke watch, but you'd better not start with them. All NGNL has going for it is an amazing color scheme, and Black Bullet is like some edgy LN adaptation that isn't all that great.

To expand some more on the two series I've watched from your first few post-cut picks:

Kids on the Slope is mostly a story about romance and friendship where jazz plays a large part in the plot. Character relationships are nice in that they aren't overly cliched or one-dimensional. If I had to name a more well-known anime that's at least moderately similar to Kids on the Slope, I'd say Your Lie in April.

Another starts off as an incredibly moody, creepy and mysterious show that looked like it'd blur the line between reality and paranormal stuff (think Paranoia Agent, or Twin Peaks without the comedy), only to explain most of the scary things and turn into a morbid display of grisly deaths a couple episodes in. Both things combined to make my interest in the show plummet, but I did watch it until the end just in case. Finally, I'd say the show was so-so, but I'd have loved it instead if it hadn't decided to go all Final Destination after such an interesting start.

cajunator

Banned
I'd remove my two bad picks (Black Bullet and No Game No Life). They might be okay for a funny/joke watch, but you'd better not start with them. All NGNL has going for it is an amazing color scheme, and Black Bullet is like some edgy LN adaptation that isn't all that great.

To expand some more on the two series I've watched from your first few post-cut picks:

Kids on the Slope is mostly a story about romance and friendship where jazz plays a large part in the plot. Character relationships are nice in that they aren't overly cliched or one-dimensional. If I had to name a more well-known anime that's at least moderately similar to Kids on the Slope, I'd say Your Lie in April.

Another starts off as an incredibly moody, creepy and mysterious show that looked like it'd blur the line between reality and paranormal stuff (think Paranoia Agent, or Twin Peaks without the comedy), only to explain most of the scary things and turn into a morbid display of grisly deaths a couple episodes in. Both things combined to make my interest in the show plummet, but I did watch it until the end just in case. Finally, I'd say the show was so-so, but I'd have loved it instead if it hadn't decided to go all Final Destination after such an interesting start.

NGNL is really fun and clever. Its definitely worth a watch.

John Blade

So far personally, Noragami, Video Girl Ai, Another, and Kids on the Slope would be my leaders, also And Yet The Town Moves. Did a lot of people watch those here?

Can't say for the two of the anime but the two I say, I might say it depend on who you looking into.

If you're an average anime fan, I don't think you might heard ,"And Yet The Town Moves" and I don't think you even heard about Video Girl Ai unless they is someone told you to watch or if you heard it from anime website.

If you're hardcore anime fan, then maybe you heard about them. As for me, And Yet The Town Moves isn't in my radar until my favorite singer sing the intro song for this show and did saw the intro video and give it a chance.

For video girl Ai, I only watch it as I am a fan of the manga artist and did read the manga at that time.

I really want to see Resurrection of F tomorrow but I don't want to drive for two hours so I probably won't.

Is anyone here going to go see it?

You should see it, it's actually pretty good. I saw it here on Brazil some months ago. But it's only worth a 2h drive if you really like Dragon Ball though, since it's a pretty short movie and it has some horrible CG effects (better than BoG at least lol).

He can teleport, it was shown that magicians can teleport if you remember that one scene where that lady from the Magician organization was teleporting behind Abrams and Klaus.

I would literally explain everything but I completely forgot, though I did explain everything in my episode 11 impression. The finale is going to be more than 20 mins.

I remember that now thanks

And I know, still salty :(

Will pick up the manga while I wait

You should see it, it's actually pretty good. I saw it here on Brazil some months ago. But it's only worth a 2h drive if you really like Dragon Ball though, since it's a pretty short movie and it has some horrible CG effects (better than BoG at least lol).

I do really like Dragon Ball. I'm still going to try to get to it the week its showing.

Oh well Bluray is like, October which isnt a long time to wait. If Super catches up to it I will just put it on hold. I bet they will extend the showings or get new areas again like they did with BoG's success

JulianImp

It's about two NEET hikkikomori siblings (older boy, younger girl) who are perfect at anything related to games, and are one day transported to a bizarre world where the reining god is the god of games, and so everything is settled by playing an arbitrary game that all parties agree on. They then befriend lots of young girls who bathe together (without the brother, of course), including a klutzy human, a girl from an angel-like race that values knowledge and a loli fox-girl.

The games themselves are interesting, and have a very similar mechanic to the D'Arby the Elder fight in Jojo, where both sides try their best to outwit their opponent by means of gambit pileup, or even by cheating (as long as they don't get caught), but the harem and fanservice-y aspects of it are kind of promiment as well, which makes it painful to watch at times.

The colors, however... hnng...

Narag

If it wasn't for all the Shiro fanservice, the show would be great. The games themselves were engaging and there was something really fun about watching two con men work their "magic" in that fantasyland.

cajunator

Banned
It's about two NEET hikkikomori siblings (older boy, younger girl) who are perfect at anything related to games, and are one day transported to a bizarre world where the reining god is the god of games, and so everything is settled by playing an arbitrary game that all parties agree on. They then befriend lots of young girls who bathe together (without the brother, of course), including a klutzy human, a girl from an angel-like race that values knowledge and a loli fox-girl.

The games themselves are interesting, and have a very similar mechanic to the D'Arby the Elder fight in Jojo, where both sides try their best to outwit their opponent by means of gambit pileup, or even by cheating (as long as they don't get caught), but the harem and fanservice-y aspects of it are kind of promiment as well, which makes it painful to watch at times.

I dont like ecchi fanservice but the show isnt that bad really. You guys have seen older anime. You know how over the top fanservice gets. NGNL doesnt even approach that level. Bathing scenes are in so much anime I dont even notice it anymore.

Cornbread78

Can't say for the two of the anime but the two I say, I might say it depend on who you looking into.

If you're an average anime fan, I don't think you might heard ,"And Yet The Town Moves" and I don't think you even heard about Video Girl Ai unless they is someone told you to watch or if you heard it from anime website.

If you're hardcore anime fan, then maybe you heard about them. As for me, And Yet The Town Moves isn't in my radar until my favorite singer sing the intro song for this show and did saw the intro video and give it a chance.

For video girl Ai, I only watch it as I am a fan of the manga artist and did read the manga at that time.

Choosing 1 is going to be tough, as "lesser known" titles, either could work.

NGNL would be great but do u think most that frequently come here have already seen it?
I would add D-Frag and Kokoro Connect to that as well. Do u think more people have watched those?

Maybe the shock value in Another would work, Kids on a Slope sounds right up my alley, but this is for everyone.

How much better would NGNL be if the female lead was 17-19 years old instead of 11?

Much better..

I dont like ecchi fanservice but the show isnt that bad really. You guys have seen older anime. You know how over the top fanservice gets. NGNL doesnt even approach that level. Bathing scenes are in so much anime I dont even notice it anymore.

One of the first things you see in the show is loli cameltoe, it's pretty fucking bad.

I would not, NOT even try to base a thread/reccomendation around it on the OT, bad idea right there.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 10

kaecgA5.jpg

Well what do we have here, a smokin Alien babe.😎

This Gamilian female is a beauty and here we had some of the crew thinking she would look like a monster. The fight between Rei and the female Gamilian was pretty good. Also I'm glad the guys on the Gamilian ship kept their words and took out that bastard.

You were men till the very end. RIP Gamilian soldiers.

There is nothing wrong with the colors in NGNL ..

it's supposed to feel "different" .. As if the concept of alternate magical world isn't enough by itself...

Also the hyperbole on the fanservice is ridiculous. Yes there is some , but the show is not even showing things.

It's not even part of some unnecessary addition it's part of the characters and their motivations. but now you see people screaming " OMG fanservice" as if it's that bad.

JulianImp

Non Non Byori Repeat - EP5

Yes, I can feel the intensity!

This show doesn't disappoint. I think its childish playfulness is perfect for whenever I want to wind down and relax.

Oku-sama ga seitokaichou - EPs 1-5
What's with yet another micro-show (it's the second one I've ever watched, after Wakaba*Girls)? It's obviously ecchi bait but still manages to be entertaining, possibly due to not overstaying its welcome by virtue of having short episodes. Nonsensical plot is absolutely nonsensical, though.

Edit @R_thanatos: I meant that as in "I absolutely love the colors". The show's color palette is something I haven't seen in any other anime series I've watched so far, and I wish more shows did crazy things like that.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
How much better would NGNL be if the female lead was 17-19 years old instead of 11?

Well, certain member probably wont get banned if that was the case...

So yeah, NGNL probably not a safe recommendation for majority. I enjoy it, but the fanservice is probably too much.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kaichou wa Maid Sama ep.7-20
https://38.media.tumblr.com/29a6f19250c771a178d2d1cf07a1e3d9/tumblr_nrxx9v8jrf1sg1ksjo1_500.gif
(funny art for a comedic moment)

Well, this show continues to be fun and entertaining. I wasn;t expecting it to be done through an "episodic" approach, but the story of our MC and Heroine has been there throughout and it has been very cute "courting" process thus far. There are only 6 or so episods left and they are still not officially going out yet, which is kind of a bummer, as I was hoping for more relationship developement (with them already being together), however, this is a pretty fun and cozy RomCom, so I am happy with it.

Also, 20 mins later and Actually, I am is still all blurry and the subs are in Spanish, WTF Crunchy... They screw this up with every show every week..
I hope it's not much of a spoiler to say that this show basically wants you to read the manga by the end.

JulianImp

Reminder that GAF as whole voted NGNL as their 13th favorite anime of 2014.

image.php

... I managed to like it in spite of its blatant fanservice, but it's something I wouldn't recommend to anyone simply because of that. It's all about a power fantasy where the 1337 NEET goes to a world where his mad gaming skills allow him to conquer kingdoms while building a harem of cute girls, all while male characers are non-existant outside of random extras
and grandpa beastman
, because why the hell not.

He's shipped in-universe with (nearly) single girl relevant to the plot, and yes, that includes his 11-year-old little sister who constantly gets into fanservice-y situations.

John Blade

Choosing 1 is going to be tough, as "lesser known" titles, either could work..

Well...I guess it come down to who is the average audience on AnimeGaf here. I am guessing the average animegaf age is going to be teens to early adult. I guess, if you goes that way, show at certain time might be something they will never heard at all like Video Girl Ai as it release in 1992 and unless you like to watch old anime show or watching anime show since the late 80s, you might not see this on your radar than the And Yet The Town Moves which is release in 2010.

This will get harder as you start to shrink the list down even more.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
SAMURAI FLAMENCO WAS FUCKING ROBBED
Agree.

Shokugeki no soma 17
Karage arc. Boy, i'm craving for some karaage. A5 grade beef for 3500 yen is one hell of a deal.

Working 4

Yo, inamixtakanashi banzai!
Well, sugar going to be fine with Yachiyo.

Durarara latest
Shizuo with a cat on his head is the cutest thing ever

sonicmj1

Should have been higher.
Animegaf failed everyone. this show was worthy of a top 10

I would have put it on my list (it felt like my impressions turned a lot of people onto the show) if it didn't make me feel gross every now and then.

It's not that bad by the standards of the entire field of anime (there are like, five or six shows from this season alone that are worse), but that doesn't make it good.

NGNL would be great but do u think most that frequently come here have already seen it?
I would add D-Frag and Kokoro Connect to that as well. Do u think more people have watched those?
NGNL, D-frag and kokoro connect are well liked show here.

Even when some people are tsundere about it.

I can't imagine NGNL is something you would want to watch with a group.

I did , TWICE ( with different groups )

They all liked it.
Half of the viewers they wanted to read the books afterwards.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

---------------------------
Non Non Biyori Repeat - 05
During more than 5 minutes they teased the disaster with the water with ren-chan i was wondering how the would pull it off and i'm happy to see the results.

The rest of the show was a excellent slice of life anime. WITH a cooking lesson included.. Is this anime trully perfect ??
Non%20Non%20Biyori%20Repeat%20-%2005_01.jpg
Non%20Non%20Biyori%20Repeat%20-%2005_02.jpg

The new "funky" face

candy store is one of the best support characters :)

Cornbread78

Well...I guess it come down to who is the average audience on AnimeGaf here. I am guessing the average animegaf age is going to be teens to early adult. I guess, if you goes that way, show at certain time might be something they will never heard at all like Video Girl Ai as it release in 1992 and unless you like to watch old anime show or watching anime show since the late 80s, you might not see this on your radar than the And Yet The Town Moves which is release in 2010.

This will get harder as you start to shrink the list down even more.

True, Video AI is probably out then too since it's probably not streaming anywhere if it's that old.

A lot of research to do tomorrow at work, lol.

I would have put it on my list (it felt like my impressions turned a lot of people onto the show) if it didn't make me feel gross every now and then.

It's not that bad by the standards of the entire field of anime (there are like, five or six shows from this season alone that are worse), but that doesn't make it good.

Impossible standards of quality that ignore context and fun.

OK then.

I'm out.

NOt bad but not good , because of fanservice that isn't even excessive and played out for laugh by the 2 main characters ? I can't begin to write how shallow that thinking is , IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom